• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I'm still quite sure that dual welding Monk with life on hit is still viable on Inferno, but he just needs godly equipment.

After a certain point, it's feeling like the Shield isn't that big of a deal raw mitigation wise (~1000 more DEF for ~5% more Armor DR%) vs DWing +Dodge passive, higher swing speed and more LoH. I need to get my Monk up a bit better for base Armor/Resists but she should be relatively set for Act 3 tanking soon.

Cipherr

I really wish I could change the color of the mouse cursor. Or illuminate that sucker with oscillating neon colors. I seriously lose track of it on screen during seriously densely packed chaotic occasions with 4 players casting spells on 60 monsters every now and then.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it really does happen. Sort of blends into the game and I'm sort of stuck rotating my mouse in order to get the icon to catch my eye amidst all the lightning/fire/flashing spells.

spirity

I really wish I could change the color of the mouse cursor. Or illuminate that sucker with oscillating neon colors. I seriously lose track of it on screen during seriously densely packed chaotic occasions with 4 players casting spells on 60 monsters every now and then.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it really does happen. Sort of blends into the game and I'm sort of stuck rotating my mouse in order to get the icon to catch my eye amidst all the lightning/fire/flashing spells.

Happens to everyone man, nothing to be embarrassed about.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
RAAAGGEEE. I got hacked last night. Logged into a naked barb :(

Didn't think it would happen to me. Is my password safe? That's all the matters to me.\

Edit: blah blah should have used an authenticator etc

KKRT00

After a certain point, it's feeling like the Shield isn't that big of a deal raw mitigation wise (~1000 more DEF for ~5% more Armor DR%) vs DWing +Dodge passive, higher swing speed and more LoH. I need to get my Monk up a bit better for base Armor/Resists but she should be relatively set for Act 3 tanking soon.

I dont really see Dodge as too reliable damage mitigation, because if You dodge 3-4 attacks then one that hit, will hit for enormous damage or even one shot You. But thats mostly inferno problem that damage spikes are so high.

Lord Phol

What do I need to be looking at stat-wise as a Barbarian going into Act 3 inferno? Right now I'm focused on (in order of priority), All Resist, VIT, and Strength.

Should I just keep building up more of the same, or looking at the same but with additions like Attack Speed or LOH?

I got completely facerolled by the first champ in Act 3 so I definitely have some major upgrades to do before I can even try to make progress. I'm probably going to stick to farming 5 stack Maghda until I get some upgrades / money, and then move on to farming some 5 stack Zoltun Kulle's until I have even more.

Just not sure what to spend my money on right now.

As a fellow barb, could I ask what your stats are/were going into act2?
Need something to compare to since I'm getting slaughtered.

scy

I dont really see Dodge as too reliable damage mitigation, because if You dodge 3-4 attacks then one that hit, will hit for enormous damage or even one shot You. But thats mostly inferno problem that damage spikes are so high.

Once you get to a point where you can reliably take a few hits, it'll probably work out better. We'll see, I guess. I'm trying to push my Monk's Armor and Resist DR to ~60% before going to rely on Dodge chance beyond that. I need some Gems to get her OH to +300 LoH to get to +600 total at ~2.3 APS. Nearly 100 Life per Spirit spent as well so going from low to full is fairly fast, just need to survive the initial hit.

We'll see.

sazzy

Is anyone;s game running like crap after patch 1.02?

My laptop was already running it on 1080p with borderline 22-25fps. And I dealt with it because it looked great.

Now its running 15-18 and its really pissing me off.

This is really pissing me off.

This is just to add to add to list of poor server maintenance, borked items, insane and untested mobs, gold spammers on chat you are forced into, getting ported into checkpoints with elite mobs infront of you...

Monkeys tested this game I am sure of it.

And yes I am coming off of being incredibly frustrated with fucking Inferno.

eek5

What do I need to be looking at stat-wise as a Barbarian going into Act 3 inferno? Right now I'm focused on (in order of priority), All Resist, VIT, and Strength.

Should I just keep building up more of the same, or looking at the same but with additions like Attack Speed or LOH?

I got completely facerolled by the first champ in Act 3 so I definitely have some major upgrades to do before I can even try to make progress. I'm probably going to stick to farming 5 stack Maghda until I get some upgrades / money, and then move on to farming some 5 stack Zoltun Kulle's until I have even more.

Just not sure what to spend my money on right now.

I don't think you can ever have enough life on hit. I went from 300 to 1k and it made a huge difference. Attack speed is obviously going to help take advantage of LOH but it isn't 100% necessary imo.

Here are my A3i stats right now:
act_3.jpg

It's kind of hit or miss at the moment. I'm still having trouble tanking full champion packs. I can usually 1v1 any combo but handling 3v1 requires a lot of kiting. 14k DPS is probably too low but I had to make sacrifices to increase my health pool. Most of my equipment is pretty awful overall. I still need to upgrade most of my pieces (helm, bracers, and belt need major replacements)

I'll probably pick up a better LOH weapon once prices drop a little to go to 1500-1800 LOH which should help me with things like plague/molten/desecrator. If you're in the position to get to 20k dps it wouldn't hurt either. I have a ring and belt that I switch out to go from 14k to 18k and it helps a lot when dealing with white mobs.

Also remember to buff your followers. I got my enchantress up to 5k damage and it makes things a lot easier.

act_3_2.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I cant believe people are still not using at least the mobile authenticator. First thing I signed up for.

Regarding patch performance: my laptop still runs at 30-45 FPS at 1080p. Can't say I changed anything.

I don't think you can ever have enough life on hit. I went from 300 to 1k and it made a huge difference. Attack speed is obviously going to help take advantage of LOH but it isn't 100% necessary imo.

Here are my A3i stats right now:
act_3.jpg

It's kind of hit or miss at the moment. I'm still having trouble tanking full champion packs. I can usually 1v1 any combo but handling 3v1 requires a lot of kiting. 14k DPS is probably too low but I had to make sacrifices to increase my health pool. Most of my equipment is pretty awful overall. I still need to upgrade most of my pieces (helm, bracers, and belt need major replacements)

I'll probably pick up a better LOH weapon once prices drop a little to go to 1500-1800 LOH which should help me with things like plague/molten/desecrator. If you're in the position to get to 20k dps it wouldn't hurt either. I have a ring and belt that I switch out to go from 14k to 18k and it helps a lot when dealing with white mobs.

Also remember to buff your followers. I got my enchantress up to 5k damage and it makes things a lot easier.

act_3_2.jpg

Are those stats buffed with warcry or unbuffed? If buffed, It sounds like our builds are almost the same minus the LOH and attack speed.

KKRT00

Once you get to a point where you can reliably take a few hits, it'll probably work out better. We'll see, I guess. I'm trying to push my Monk's Armor and Resist DR to ~60% before going to rely on Dodge chance beyond that. I need some Gems to get her OH to +300 LoH to get to +600 total at ~2.3 APS. Nearly 100 Life per Spirit spent as well so going from low to full is fairly fast, just need to survive the initial hit.

We'll see.

Hmm i have Armor and Res around 60% + i'm using two skills [passive and active] to decrease monster damage by 45% on hit and its still not enough for elites in act 2, not even close ;\

eek5

Are those stats buffed with warcry or unbuffed? If buffed, It sounds like our builds are almost the same minus the LOH and attack speed.

Buffed w/ enchantress too. I'm almost in all item level 62 stuff so my resists can get higher but not by a lot (10-15 per piece max)

Desaan

Battle.net is down, although there is no way to confirm this a good indicator would be NONE OF THE FUCKING SITES LOAD!

Patcher/Launcher won't connect on WoW/SC2/D3 and EU/US sites 404. Game servers seem ok though as I have people on vent currently playing.

Ninja Edit: Service seems intermittent, pages/launcher sometimes load/connect. Keep trying, or don't.

When i could actually start progressing without corpse running i had 46k hp, 590 all resist, 8k armor, and 14.5k dps. All numbers unbuffed.

My build was ground stomp with draw-in rune, revenge with 30% proc rate, WotB with 100% dmg increase, leap with stun, frenzy/maniac, and warcry with resist buff

gah anyone want to try belail inferno? (it has been a month i presume spoilers are okay) I have been farming butcher inferno for like 2 weeks and I am getting bored with all the shit drops. I want act 3!

V_Arnold

Haha, and I refuse to cheap my way through inferno with dumb chest runs.
Seems like people want to play gold instead of playing the game, well...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So tired of farming gold...

I do it legitimately in the secret level or cheesing treasure gobs or chest runs.

I'm not getting anything.

I'm about to quit this game. There's just too many stupid things about it.

With how busted inferno is at the moment, farming rare packs/bosses is retarded.

Especially those poor bastards wasting their time in act I.

eek5

A2i was doable for me once I was around 7k/700. It got easier when I was around 8k/800. I actually got to 9k/900 towards the end but since I was running with a monk, I dropped some armor/resist to get to 18-20k dps to kill stuff faster. I didn't get life on hit until the end of A2 and even then it was only +300 from a socketed gem.

zlatko

Banned
Okay GAF I need help. I'm on Inferno butcher, but my Monk can't solo him. I got him down to about 5% a few times and then the whole floor is fire so I can't do shit.

Who wants to help me out?

I'm Outlaw#1945 to add me on b.net.

^^

Dahbomb

Hey I am one of them! :/

I don't have a lot of MF/GF and I like to just play through the game a bit rather than continuously reroll games to check for a particular spot/chest. Neph Valor is great for someone like me.

Have a 700dmg bow with 1.62 aps. What's a good bow to get for 1M? Possible to get 1000dmg bow?
Yeah it's possible but you won't get top end stats with it. If damage is all you are looking for then yeah it's definitely possible.

still deciding monk or barb for my next character....I have Monk up to lvl 16 and not really feeling it. burnt out on DH right now.

Barb seems to fair better on Inferno?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's it. I'm spending all my money on legendaries.

IT'S ALL ABOUT DAT PRE-LEG PEOPLE.

I DON'T CARE IF I'LL REGRET THIS TOMORROW MORNING OR NOT!

Zzoram

So who was it here that had a good Witch Doctor DoT build based around Locust Swarm and Haunt? What's that build again?

Zombie Bears are too hard for me to do and stay alive.

V_Arnold

With how busted inferno is at the moment, farming rare packs/bosses is retarded.

Act 1 is easy like a breeze when one is geared up even semi-decently.
I can put in an all GF/MF gear and have around 30k hp with 500~ all resists and ~18-20k dps (Wizard, Poison Hydra/Blizz build), and solo everything. Not that it gives anything good, but the potential is there. Especially with rings/amulets/set items. (One is a joke).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Got my first legendary weapon in Act I of Nightmare!
It's good for the required level at least, 27. I can't use it anyway.

eek5

still deciding monk or barb for my next character....I have Monk up to lvl 16 and not really feeling it. burnt out on DH right now.

Barb seems to fair better on Inferno?

Monk is probably more fun. Barb is good if you can pour 100m worth of equipment into it but even then it's really one dimensional. The only thing you really do is spam your revenge button while attacking. Most inferno barbs don't even spend fury on anything because all the fury spenders are pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom