• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Anyone using a "Melee" wizard crit build? Uses Critical Mass and evocation to cut the cooldown on diamond skin / frost nova to tank enemies. Used in tandem with Meteor and Spectral blade that cause multiple hits to up the chance of crits. I'm running this in Hell act 2 with 31% chance to crit and its amazing for the most part. The only thing that really wrecks me are firechain molten guys cause they just do so much damage up close that my diamond skin is nigh worthless.

My biggest problem is... I feel like I'm restricted to this build now in Hell to be even remotely effective. I hate being pretty much FORCED to use diamond skin in any build just to survive.

Anyone using other builds that they find very good?

Monk is probably more fun. Barb is good if you can pour 100m worth of equipment into it but even then it's really one dimensional. The only thing you really do is spam your revenge button while attacking. Most inferno barbs don't even spend fury on anything because all the fury spenders are pretty bad.

interesting....people in this thread said the same thing about monk lol.

So with barb I should be looking at STR, VIT, Life On Hit & ATK Speed? All Resistances go without saying, kinda digging this sword and shield combo.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone care for

Z9cE7.jpg

Gonna quote this one more time before it heads into the AH.

eek5

interesting....people in this thread said the same thing about monk lol.

So with barb I should be looking at STR, VIT, Life On Hit & ATK Speed? All Resistances go without saying, kinda digging this sword and shield combo.

You want to stack VIT over STR because you'll be using a passive that makes 1 point of vitality = 1 point of armor and 1 armor + hp is better than 1 armor and 1% dmg.

I'd say it'd be something like

armor > resist all > vitality > life on hit > strength > attack speed

It's a balancing act though. You'll want to keep your strength more or less equal to your vitality but if it slips towards vitality then that's fine as long as you have the defenses to back it up.

I always gear up my defenses for overkill then back off and reintroduce DPS after I know what I need to survive.

pleunv

Here are my A3i stats right now:
act_3.jpg

What kind of onehander are you rocking to get your DPS to 14-18k?

I completed Act 2 solo 2 days ago with 8k DPS (760 DPS 1h), ~500 Res (War Cry buffed), ~9k armor depending on passives and 56k HP. The more I up my resist, the more my dmg keeps dropping. Guess I really need some of those 3m+ pieces with 140+ str/140+ vit/60+ res all :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did they just hotfix Royal Crypts :(?

Anyone got some tips on Nightmare diablo? Im a Wizard with 3150 dps (with Magic Weapon-Force Weapon up), and 15000hp, I pretty much breezed through nightmare, but cant beat diablo, haha.

Is there a certain set of skills that chew him up? or should I just go get some more DPS?

pleunv

Anyone got some tips on Nightmare diablo? Im a Wizard with 3150 dps (with Magic Weapon-Force Weapon up), and 15000hp, I pretty much breezed through nightmare, but cant beat diablo, haha.

Is there a certain set of skills that chew him up? or should I just go get some more DPS?

How are you dying? Most damage is avoidable

Glix

This should be fun:

Guys, Diablo runs like super ass on my work PC. Which area do we think is least taxing on my hardware? I will try to just farm this area, lol.

eek5

What kind of onehander are you rocking to get your DPS to 14-18k?

I completed Act 2 solo 2 days ago with 8k DPS (760 DPS 1h), ~500 Res (War Cry buffed), ~9k armor depending on passives and 56k HP. The more I up my resist, the more my dmg keeps dropping. Guess I really need some of those 3m+ pieces with 140+ str/140+ vit/60+ res all :/
Here is my weapon
d01.jpg

and here is what I'm switching to get from 14 to 20k dps. I really need to replace my DPS ring and pants. They are really old.

d02.jpg

(pants obviously reversed)

d03.jpg

edit:
Just picked this up
d04.jpg

Now I can go to 22k DPS if I need to

balddemon

Banned
someone unlock hell belial for me? wanna see if i can solo it. i helped someone duo it last night but solo should be more difficult. i just hate act 2 and don't wanna go through all those quests lol

US
balddemon#1627

RDreamer

The level 60 market on the AH is fucked. I'm going back to flipping level 50 stuff. That's where the (small) money's at. Though I did flip some gloves this morning from 400,000 to 800,000. I was worried it wouldn't sell since that was my last 400,000. Now I'm sitting at 850,000 after some level 50 flipping.

MasonOfWords

Neo Member

Venom hydra and blizzard are the main way to go. I also like meteor, so you can unload on an area and then keep moving.

Make sure you bring in energy shield. Galvanizing aura will help. Critical mass can help you recharge the crystal armor faster.

If you're mobile, the only danger is diablo warping to you again after your crystal armor is down but before the recharge is finished. Either get enough vitality+armor to survive this or focus on getting your recharges down. Also, dumping a blizzard on your current location right before a warp can help you get away.

Don't worry about DPS for bosses, so long as you aren't completely useless. Going high DPS and taking multiple tries to win actually takes you much longer than swapping in defensive gear and abilities and killing him ~20% slower on your first try.

Venom hydra and blizzard are the main way to go. I also like meteor, so you can unload on an area and then keep moving.

Make sure you bring in energy shield. Galvanizing aura will help. Critical mass can help you recharge the crystal armor faster.

If you're mobile, the only danger is diablo warping to you again after your crystal armor is down but before the recharge is finished. Either get enough vitality+armor to survive this or focus on getting your recharges down. Also, dumping a blizzard on your current location right before a warp can help you get away.

Don't worry about DPS for bosses, so long as you aren't completely useless. Going high DPS and taking multiple tries to win actually takes you much longer than swapping in defensive gear and abilities and killing him ~20% slower on your first try.

awesome, thanks for the tips. Sounds like this will be a long boss fight, haha.

Jinko

The level 60 market on the AH is fucked. I'm going back to flipping level 50 stuff. That's where the (small) money's at. Though I did flip some gloves this morning from 400,000 to 800,000. I was worried it wouldn't sell since that was my last 400,000. Now I'm sitting at 850,000 after some level 50 flipping.

Totally agree, I haven't sold anything for days and I'm pricing pretty low as well, I kind of wish the AH had fixed prices, player run economies are never any good.

RDreamer

Totally agree, I haven't sold anything for days and I'm pricing pretty low as well, I kind of wish the AH had fixed prices, player run economies are never any good.

I think flipping level 50 stuff is great because people are selling their old junk for cheap just to get rid of it before hitting inferno, and people who just hit level 50 are re-gearing for Hell. As long as you still underprice your stuff it'll flip in almost no time.

Basically with this economy the only stuff that really sells is the best stuff you can get at that level. Well, you need a good chunk of change for level 60 stuff like that. Everything else has run into the dirt.

Dahbomb

Zlatko sorry for bailing out earlier, had some unfinished business to take care of.

I will be on D3 in the evening time so if you haven't finished the run then I will gladly help out then. Or for any other runs you want up to early Act 2 Inferno.

So bored of farming act 1 since nothing is ever good I ask myself why I do it. I can kill stuff in act 2 but the annoying snakes that go immune until they touch you are the bane of my existence. I should pay some op gold farmer to rush me to act 4

Quoting again to say thank you.

Basically beat it on my first try after switching to this. It took me a bit to get used to new spells in new ways, but wow. im sure this is how all bosses on Hell will have to be beaten, haha.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom