• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
What methods do you guys use to make gold? I'm hopelessly low on gold and can't really progress further into Act 2 inferno on my barb without paying huge sums on the AH. Any suggestions? I've been farming urns/chests on Act 4 this last day wich has resulted in absolutely nothing except for a huge repair bill.

zlatko

Banned
Zlatko sorry for bailing out earlier, had some unfinished business to take care of.

I will be on D3 in the evening time so if you haven't finished the run then I will gladly help out then. Or for any other runs you want up to early Act 2 Inferno.

No problemo man. I understand. Life > D3...sometimes. ;)

I'll be on later tonight too. Maybe go grind either my DH/WD until then. :p

Cipherr

So uh...those launch site sigils are still MIA. Kind of annoying.

Seriously, this annoys me. I made my avatar of what my ingame banner was going to be, and I cant complete my in game version because they havent handed out the freaking sigils yet. But I suppose with all the downtime and game issues, they do have more important things on their plates. Still annoying as hell though.

Zzoram

So bored of farming act 1 since nothing is ever good I ask myself why I do it. I can kill stuff in act 2 but the annoying snakes that go immune until they touch you are the bane of my existence. I should pay some op gold farmer to rush me to act 4

Or have friends do it. Diablo 2 was all about friends with lvl 90s rushing all your new characters to hell.

Can anyone tell me what is the best place to farm in Act 2 inferno? Belial is next to impossible with my current gear, and to be honest our group pretty much skipped/ran away from everything past the sewer.

Tom Penny

I'm realizing after act 2 inferno my Monk is not so good. Not enough DPS :( I don't know how to get it high for a Monk without spending millions on a weapon. I can do Butcher runs solo zero problem though.

I'm realizing after act 2 inferno my Monk is not so good. Not enough DPS :( I don't know how to get it high for a Monk without spending millions on a weapon. I can do Butcher runs solo zero problem though.

I hit a wall in Act 3 ( I could finish it, I think ) where the farming EV for my monk (given that I would need to upgrade my 750 dps/600 life on hit weapon) was so astronomically low that I just rolled a DH and spent the money I was saving for the monk upgrades to equip her for Inferno Act 3. What melee has to go through vs. what range has to go through in order to farm the same amount of income per unit time is scandalous.

Tom Penny

I hit a wall in Act 3 ( I could finish it, I think ) where the farming EV for my monk (given that I would need to upgrade my 750 dps/600 life on hit weapon) was so astronomically low that I just rolled a DH and spent the money I was saving for the monk upgrades to equip her for Inferno Act 3. What melee has to go through vs. what range has to go through in order to farm the same amount of income per unit time is scandalous.

Yeah. Ranged is so much easier. I invested so much time into my Monk though :( life on hit is so expensive and anything with attack speed is too.

Izcarielo

Banned
Im about to kill Zoltum Kull with my barb in Inferno: only thing i needed to do was to switch from melee to axe throwing barb. Of course i hate that i cannot play my class as it is supposed to be, but well, broken class is broken i guess...

I love the AH sometimes. Just bought this for 20k buyout.

iZpzLMZHGzUVL.png

Shouta

Yeah, Blizzard really didn't think some of their decisions through with this game, especially the melee/ranged issues, as well as itemization and Inferno tuning. It's really frustrating because it's an avoidable issue if some thought was put into it.

Also, where the fuck is the commodities auctions. This is getting stupid.

V_Arnold

Yeah, Blizzard really didn't think some of their decisions through with this game, especially the melee/ranged issues, as well as itemization and Inferno tuning. It's really frustrating because it's an avoidable issue if some thought was put into it.

We are the real testers of this game.
I am not even mad - the game will become better over time, after all.

Won

I saw a Barbarian in a Act 4 public game today with 100k life. Man was he running for his life.

Izcarielo

Banned

my flatmate told me to reroll to mage or DH, but i REFUSE to kite and shoot from the distance.
If i rolled a barb was because i wanted to smash shit into the ground, not to run; in fact i cannot even do that, because enemies will over run me and kill me finally.
I realized that this class as it is conceived now is full burst or go to hell.
If i use all my CD's the only thing i have left to do after that is drink a potion and then die, as i dont have any healing skill (Revenge is only useful if there are a lot of mobs, so 0 against bosses)

really really frustrating, but somehow i crawled my way until Act 3, so i hope now i will be able to gear myself properly

Alex

Ranged is awesome. I sold my Monk's Life on Hit weapon, Zoltun Kulle'd myself up a Wizard and PIERCING ORRBBBBB. Found a great price on a weapon too, ~1400 DPS 2Her for 400k, sniped that up luckily, works well for a currently poor person like me.

Took awhile to get used to the fragility, kiting and off-screen antics but while I probably die a little more, I get through things faster and with far less roadblocks.

I probably should have done a 0 resist DH or something though... I mostly say this because I'm tired of buying potions :lol I could get behind some potion-less all or nothing play, sometimes. Mostly when I'm running into town to drop 610 a pop on Mythics.

spent about 500k to make my DH act III viable...my barb? looking at multi million gold expenditure, and that's WITH uber hawkeye AH sniping. I got lucky with my barb that i managed to loot a 19 percent ring of ears with decent core stats, so that's an expense i won't have to worry about.

inky

b3uEK.png

spent about 500k to make my DH act III viable...my barb? looking at multi million gold expenditure, and that's WITH uber hawkeye AH sniping. I got lucky with my barb that i managed to loot a 19 percent ring of ears with decent core stats, so that's an expense i won't have to worry about.

I've spent like 6 million on my Barb and got nowhere in Act II. I mean, sure, I can live through some of it, build a 5 stack if I put my mind to it, but it's just not worth it. Need about 6 million more...

Also, where the fuck is the commodities auctions. This is getting stupid.

I'm kind of ok with the tuning of inferno, it might be a LITTLE too spikey, but not much. I mean seeing how fragile I was going into Act 2 versus how do-able it became once I just got a few upgrades - I don't have a problem with that.

However, I've said this before but I wish there were a way to upgrade that didn't involve only finding new gear. For example, enchanting, or maybe something similar to Blacksmith / Jeweler plans but that teach you new Runes, etc.

I also think the average item level drops should be slightly buffed across all levels of inferno. So Jailer / Butcher runs should be dropping the same loot that Maghda runs drops, and Maghda runs should be dropping the loot that ZK runs drop, etc.

The commodities auction is indeed pretty annoying. I mean if you think about how it works (aggregating search results so that, for example, if I say I want 20 of something, it might combine those from multiple distinct listings) it was basically a recipe for disaster and speaking as someone who has worked on this kind of system before, a ridiculous technical challenge. I understand why it's offline because there's just no way in hell they were going to get something like that right the first time, but I wish they had chosen a different deisgn for the commodities AH that didn't have this inherent risk

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
How viable is the Witch Doctor in inferno? I'm assuming he's not on the level of Wizards and Demon Hunters, but do they have an easier time than the melee classes? I hit a brick wall on my monk so I'm looking for a ranged char to level while I claw some gear from the AH.

HomShaBom

Banned
How viable is the Witch Doctor in inferno? I'm assuming he's not on the level of Wizards and Demon Hunters, but do they have an easier time than the melee classes? I hit a brick wall on my monk so I'm looking for a ranged char to level while I claw some gear from the AH.
I just finished Act 1 at 24k dps. I play with my buddy who is a monk. Took us a few days to get through the act. I focus on crowd control while dpsing.

Any wizards beat inferno or even solo to act 4. Wondering how much life resistance and damage you have. I have 2 mil gold and sick of act 1

Anyone have any perfect square amethyst's for sale before I go and waste money combining?

Even if someone did have one for sale, why would they charge less than the cost to combine, considering that the only way they could have possibly obtained one is by combining?

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
I just finished Act 1 at 24k dps. I play with my buddy who is a monk. Took us a few days to get through the act. I focus on crowd control while dpsing.
I have no qualms with Act 1, it's just that anything past that feels impossible with out dropping millions into the AH :(

Alex

Act II isn't too bad once you hit a good threshold for DPS and can take a pop or two. It's not too expensive.

To me, it was Act III and on where you were really fine tuning your gear to maximize everything instead of maximize one stat and moderate everything else.

CoLaN

I have been waiting for this game so much... and right now i feel completely burned out, or just plain bored with it.

I have a witch doctor level 60 in inferno act 1 at the moment. Diablo 2 was so addicting, and i was ready to experience something similar in D3.

Now, I can only play 10 minutes before i feel extremely bored. There's something lacking, but i can't exactly grasp what it is... probably a mix of things. It's like the game doesn't click.

I guess i will try a new class and see how it goes.

I have been waiting for this game so much... and right now i feel completely burned out, or just plain bored with it.

I have a witch doctor level 60 in inferno act 1 at the moment. Diablo 2 was so addicting, and i was ready to experience something similar in D3.

Now, I can only play 10 minutes before i feel extremely bored. There's something lacking, but i can't exactly grasp what it is... probably a mix of things. It's like the game doesn't click.

I guess i will try a new class and see how it goes.
D2 was addicting because there was
Always a chance to get a good item drop. Now we are just playing with microscopic odds of anything half decent.

I think I'm going to take a break from this game. Just made it to Act 2 inferno and I see what everyone means.

Least you can get to Act2 inferno. Lag 1.0.2 patch has me stuck at the butcher. Going against him is truly impossible due to lag for me. If he couldn't one hit you I might be able to get pass him but nope...can't do that. I'm basically just farming right now until Blizzard gets it sorted. =\

isny

napkin dispenser
Even if someone did have one for sale, why would they charge less than the cost to combine, considering that the only way they could have possibly obtained one is by combining?

Because there's no market to sell them? In any case, I'd be fine with paying the combine cost if it went to someone on GAF and not a vendor.

What methods do you guys use to make gold? I'm hopelessly low on gold and can't really progress further into Act 2 inferno on my barb without paying huge sums on the AH. Any suggestions? I've been farming urns/chests on Act 4 this last day wich has resulted in absolutely nothing except for a huge repair bill.

Act 3 hell has much better gold drops and is easier to get 5 stacks of NV imho.

Dina

I love the WD to death, but having one defensive anti-projectile maneuvre on a cooldown versus what the DH and Wizard has is so unfair at times.

Jrmint

I love the WD to death, but having one defensive anti-projectile maneuvre on a cooldown versus what the DH and Wizard has is so unfair at times.
You also have about 15 pets at any time to protect you, whereas the mob is always focused on the DH/Wizard.

I wonder if all the really awesome gear will end up going on the RMAH when it becomes available, that would suck big time.

If you can get as much cash from selling gold as you would from selling items there still will be point in selling on gold market.

Dina

You also have about 15 pets at any time to protect you, whereas the mob is always focused on the DH/Wizard.

No WD I know runs with any pets in Inferno. They die way too fast to be a reliable meatshield since they don't benefit from vit much.

panty

Okay I can't help it anymore..

What the hell is wrong with the stuttering/lagging/whatever?! This stutter-shitfest happens when I'm running away from mobs and I can't understand what the hell is the problem.

| <- me, ||| <- pack of elites, |||| <- me between the fuckers, ||| | <- me running away from the fuckers, HUGE FUCKING STUTTER EVERYWHERE and my char just warps all over the places.

My ping is good, around 40-80. My computer is good and I'm running W7. I can't be only one with this fucking problem.

Jrmint

No WD I know runs with any pets in Inferno. They die way too fast to be a reliable meatshield since they don't benefit from vit much.
Gotcha, I didn't realize that.

But I would still say that is the reason they didn't give you more defensive tools. They've said in blue posts they want to give the pets more survivability.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Drkirby said:
So, how much do you think I could get for this? Seems like it should go for 500k+, but I seem to miss the mark about half the time with my stuff.

finaltalismen.jpg
Not nearly that much. No primary stats + aspd. I'd put it at 50k-75k and hope it moves for that.

While a bit rude, just want to say, IN YOUR FACE!

indaface.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom