• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm just about done with this game. The prices on the AH for the best items are insanely inflated. Even when I'm farming 350k/hour, it would take way, way, way too long to gear-up my Wizard properly for inferno.

Economy is broken, and it's only going to get worse when the RMAH comes out.

bailout.gif

Gotta go glass cannon. Just filter for 150+ int and buy the things for less than 200k and then hydra kite your way to victory.

At least high stat items are still selling for normal prices. It's the high primary stat, vit and all res items that get really expensive.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
get good kid, apparently you need gear to overcome your garbage tier skills.

With posts like this, it's a wonder you made it to Member status.

Pray tell, what manner of skill allows melee classes to kill groups of mobs from which a single mob could kill them in one or two hits? Avoiding attacks and using ranged attacks? Great idea. What about the mobs that teleport or leap at you from across the screen?

Dreavus

Yeah I'm just about done with this game. The prices on the AH for the best items are insanely inflated. Even when I'm farming 350k/hour, it would take way, way, way too long to gear-up my Wizard properly for inferno.

Economy is broken, and it's only going to get worse when the RMAH comes out.

bailout.gif

Haha, yeah it`s certainly losing the sense of progression for me :p. I want to see if I can beat Act 1 on Inferno on my wizard, and then maybe start another character. Walking away from a play session with no improved gear and just a bunch of money (not enough to afford anything good on the AH, mind you) starts to suck after a while.

Wallach

Pray tell, what manner of skill allows melee classes to kill groups of mobs from which a single mob could kill them in one or two hits? Avoiding attacks and using ranged attacks? Great idea. What about the mobs that teleport or leap at you from across the screen?

They're DotA players, and that's how DotA players speak affectionately to each other. You wouldn't understand.

Gila

There's a bug to get to A5 Inferno without any of the previous quests, has it been posted?

Basically, you create a Nightmare or Hell game with the Prime Evil: Enter the Crystal Arch quest -- Leave game -- Click public games and you should be able to join the game in Bastions keep or whatever. (It should work for other acts well I suppose)

balddemon

Banned
2 questions:

1. could someone buyout my xbow? i accidentally put it up without raising the min bid so someone is going to get it for 1059 :(

2. anyone wanna run me through kulle on NM and hook me up with xp on my DH?

PM me for either or post here

w00t, found ZK's head on inferno, can easily murder most regular mobs but the elites are still either easily kite-able or too much trouble to bother with

Kyoufu

A wizard complaining about gear? What? You're one of the best if not the best farmer in the game. You don't even need high priced gear to farm the good stuff.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
A wizard complaining about gear? What? You're one of the best if not the best farmer in the game. You don't even need high priced gear to farm the good stuff.
._.

Jinko

We are the real testers of this game.
I am not even mad - the game will become better over time, after all.

This is true, many of the issues will be ironed out, but its going to take ages to do that, I doubt the majority of players have the patience to wait.

I'm very, very surprised how well I'm doing with my Wizard in Act2 on Hell. I was expecting to smash my keyboard. So far, so good. And I'm still using a shite amulet. Need to snag something nice at AH.

Proelite

I just got a perfect roll on Hellrack.

Gonna sell it for couple hundred k gold.

http://i.imgur.com/E5pLd.jpg

E5pLdl.jpg

balddemon

Banned
2 questions:

1. could someone buyout my xbow? i accidentally put it up without raising the min bid so someone is going to get it for 1059 :(

2. anyone wanna run me through kulle on NM and hook me up with xp on my DH?

PM me for either or post here

repostin for new page...why is it my posts always get to the bottom :(

So how did Diablo 2 have "years of content?" And did it really or was it just a niche group of hardcore players who just played it over and over? It seems like Diablo 3 has a decent amount of content but after you've beat it on inferno (which some have already done, 3 weeks after release) you're just farming equipment to sell on the AH?

People played multiple characters and since you couldn't respec your talents or redistribute your attribute points - not only would you play with all the classes but within each class you'd have to reroll if you wanted to try a different spec. Not to mention, because of this, the first 30 or so hours anyone played was pretty much moot because players did stuff like put tons of points into Energy and not enough into Vitality (so when they hit late Nightmare/Hell they were screwed unless they rerolled since they couldn't redistribute). As for items, people liked to min/max, they'd completely finish the game and kill Diablo on Hell but they'd continue hunting for items just so they could make their damage numbers bigger and bigger for the hell of it (epeen within the community) - I think that's definitely still going to happen in Diablo III. We'll eventually all kill Diablo on Inferno but we'll keep playing that same character and try to make them better anyways.

Honestly, I think D3 has even longer legs. I don't know if people will play it as long since the video gaming environment is very different than it was 12 years ago but it definitely has enough content to keep people playing for at least as long. Sure, you don't have to reroll each class multiple times to try different specs anymore, but it takes much much longer to "finish" the game (beat Diablo on the highest difficulty) than it did in D2.

Neki

milkman knows that he needs to get better, don't worry about his wellbeing.

Calidor

Blazed through Act 1 Inferno with my wizard in one sitting... 130% mf with 5 stacks of NV and 24k dps and 30k hp.

took a peak in act 2, and seems that I might go back to A1 and start farming a few millions :p

BTW: where can I farm the jeweler designs for top gems?

There's a bug to get to A5 Inferno without any of the previous quests, has it been posted?

Basically, you create a Nightmare or Hell game with the Prime Evil: Enter the Crystal Arch quest -- Leave game -- Click public games and you should be able to join the game in Bastions keep or whatever. (It should work for other acts well I suppose)

Act 5 is insane on inferno. Fighting Imperius is just impossible without the proper gear. Don't even get me started on Tyreal.

HenryHSH

Playing my WD act 1 inferno and all 4 of the champion packs I ran into have been mortar. Mortar/Jailer, Mortar/Waller. And I had an mortar/arcane/vortex that I had to cheese with the environment.

Is it more common to get mortar champs with ranged characters?

Act 5 is insane on inferno. Fighting Imperius is just impossible without the proper gear. Don't even get me started on Tyreal.

lol. You know the imperius boss fight is coming in the expansion.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

What is this Act 5 business? Making fun of his mistake? Something I'm not aware of? Inside joke?

KarmaCow

It's getting to the point where I'm spending more time on the AH, trying to find good deals on gear than actually playing. I don't even know why I'm looking for gear, every time I actually start playing the game I get bored after two or three quests.

I seriously can't get past the Aspect of Deckard Cain in the beginning though. Just trying to skip his cutscenes every single time I die sucks! "STAY A WHILE AND STFU"

Jinko

It's getting to the point where I'm spending more time on the AH, trying to find good deals on gear than actually playing. I don't even know why I'm looking for gear, every time I actually start playing the game I get bored after two or three quests.

Same here, its true what people say end game is playing the AH.

Playing my WD act 1 inferno and all 4 of the champion packs I ran into have been mortar. Mortar/Jailer, Mortar/Waller. And I had an mortar/arcane/vortex that I had to cheese with the environment.

Is it more common to get mortar champs with ranged characters?

I've gotten a good mix really as my WD in Act 1... since everything has 4 affixes though, they're all pretty common.

Molten, Mortar, Waller, Frozen, Desecrator, Plagued, Shielded, and Knockback are probably the most common I've seen. Vortex or Teleport + anything is almost guaranteed death since they're nigh unkiteable, Fast as well to a lesser extent... combine any of those with Mortar and it's just a joke. However, killing Mortars isn't that bad if they don't have any of those anti-kite affixes - just need to move ALOT (Haunt is the best skill for this).

LordCanti

People farming the Act 3 Chest (under the keep): Do you feel it's nerfed today? Yesterday my group was getting legendaries, exalted grand plans, tons of resist all gear, etc, and now we're getting junk.

Might be time to find another farm spot.

Should I sell this before they patch legendaries? I am afraid mine is going to become worthless.

Sell it now. Put a big fat Emerald in there to reinforce the point that it will do massive critical damage despite it's DPS.

If only the DPS started at more like 1000 =/

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

With a post like that I'm amazed you

hitsugi

yeah you just need an hour per pack of mobs if you plan on running them in circles with less than 40k dps.

People farming the Act 3 Chest (under the keep): Do you feel it's nerfed today? Yesterday my group was getting legendaries, exalted grand plans, tons of resist all gear, etc, and now we're getting junk.

Might be time to find another farm spot.
/

It's going fine today so far. Then again, I got largely nada in the group with you guys yesterday, so maybe its just the luck of the loot, and evening out some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom