• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That legendaries aren't so "legendary" with those stats?

That its a level 60 item that gives EXP, while you already hit the max level cap..

Seriously guys?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The game is still very young, and it's an amazing game (as most will agree.) But there does have to be some changes in the way classes play out. We were promised various viable builds for customization, but it seems like everyone is following 1 person's build just so they can survive past Act 2 Inferno.

Absolutely! That's the problem exactly. These outlying OP skills need to be handled before we can pinpoint any content adjustments we need to make for the difficulty to feel a bit better, fight the need to kite everything which is killing melee's souls, address items, like, we understand and are working on all of these things. We're going to be working on and supporting this game for years to come, two weeks out, sure it's probably going to need some sanding. Bear with us. We love you.

What exactly is this supposed to mean? That their retail customer playerbase is basically testing the game out to find all the broken stuff that their internal team should have found sometime in the past, oh, 4 years?

Once all the OP skills are hammered down, then variety builds will be viable because all skills will be equally mediocre? Then lower the difficulty to compensate? Hm, I'm not sure what their grand plan is yet.

So far, many of my concerns I had pre-release on character/build variety/viability/customization (mainly the lack of it) are coming true. I still think they should have stuck with rune levels.

Macmanus

Rare pelts, circlets, rings, ammys, boots and gloves have always been high end items in D2.

Also is it really fair to compare Post LOD D2 to 2 week old D3? Uniques were constantly tweaked in vanilla and the expansion since launch.

When the game launched rares were the end game loots. Not a lot has changed this go around, and frankly I don't see an issue with it. I'm already seeing completely viable String of Ears and Lidless Eyes - which was more than what D2 had at launch.

Once all the OP skills are hammered down, then variety builds will be viable because all skills will be equally mediocre? .

That's what I took from it as well.

RPGCrazied

Woot. First legendary get! :D
Screenshot003.jpg

I just can't figure out how to get my dps any higher.

If anyone has a moment and can advise, please add me.

DreamsVisions#1571

Even if it's only to confirm that what's limiting me is my weapon weapon, I'd appreciate it. I really don't see the damn difference between my build any other Wizard builds anymore, save the fact that I'm doing about 20,000 less damage.

I just...really frustrated.

inky

Is the AH worthwhile on Normal? I'm just a lvl 11 or 12 Wizard, still on Act 1, and things seem toooooo expensive on the AH...

Just enjoy normal with your drops and don't sweat it. Don't even level up the blacksmith/jeweler. If you find you absolutely need something, just cap the buyout price to something reasonable in the AH. Low level stuff should be pretty cheap.

Ignore if old; Found on reddit

LOL, as if that weapon wasn't shitty enough already.

Atrus

Gold Member
Ignore if old; Found on reddit

The level cap will be raised beyond level 60 and has likely already been planned out. There is an achievement for wearing gear in all slots with a level of 'at least' 60, so that in itself tells us that plans did and likely still exist to raise it.

Completely agree. When I geared my first character out half way through normal act II way back on that fateful launch day and realized the potential of the AH - the ability to sample EVERY class with general ease - I was blown away.

It just made me laugh every time I saw some myopic post about how the AH breaks the game. No man, it opens it up more so than any other iteration.

Obviously you're post LoD. For quite some time rares had significant value. I remember building a barbarian around a fantastic rare lance I found and it was a fantastic character for quite some time.

No, I played the whole way through. I know, rares were in fact the best items for the most part in D2 vanilla, I said MOST were always terrible, which is true.

RPGCrazied

Also, I'm trying to find the lycum dungeon. Wiki says southeren highlands, but I've been here many times so far. Last place for achivement!

Ugghh my cousin lost all of his characters on his account :( He wasn't hacked and has an authenticator, rather he had cancelled his annual WoW sub and lost access to the game on his account. I ordered it online for him from the Diablo 3 site and he went to log in and poof all gone... There goes our venture into Inferno tonite...

What did he think would happen when he cancelled his annual pass? lol. He's essentially adding a brand new D3 license to his account.

What exactly is this supposed to mean? That their retail customer playerbase is basically testing the game out to find all the broken stuff that their internal team should have found sometime in the past, oh, 4 years?

Once all the OP skills are hammered down, then variety builds will be viable because all skills will be equally mediocre? Then lower the difficulty to compensate? Hm, I'm not sure what their grand plan is yet.

So far, many of my concerns I had pre-release on character/build variety/viability/customization (mainly the lack of it) are coming true. I still think they should have stuck with rune levels.

Their internal team couldn't even get past Act 2 Inferno, and the beta was worthless because it was just a demo of 1-10. Welcome to WoW launch 2.0

vilmer_

What did he think would happen when he cancelled his annual pass? lol. He's essentially adding a brand new D3 license to his account.

Was just talking to him and he said he cancelled it like 2 months ago. Not sure why this would suddenly happen now. He is sooo pissed, and it looks like he'll have to start fresh. Maybe I'll start fresh again with a female Barb.

B-Dex

The beta they had going for almost 2 years really helped this game.

Sophia

I'd be almost tempted to bet real money that Wrath of the Berserker will be the first thing they nerf for Barbarians. A 100% damage increase is just so good..

Revenge will probably be second :(

Wallach

I'm almost done with act 2 in nightmare and still haven't received one legendary drop yet.

I'm in Inferno now and I have received two, and they were both shitty belts (Saffron Wrap and Angel Hair Braid). Most of them are pretty much junk so I guess it doesn't matter.

Kyoufu

I'd be almost tempted to bet real money that Wrath of the Berserker will be the first thing they nerf for Barbarians. A 100% damage increase is just so good..

Revenge will probably be second :(

On Inferno I can't really afford to have it on my bar. :(

AEREC

I wish there were different modes you could enable for when you just want to run through a dungeon. For instance a story mode which includes cutscenes and quests and then a raiding mode that would just populate an entire act with enemies and bosses and you and your friends could just do runs without messing with or having to skip cutscenes.

Anustart

I know there's some anger to be had here, but I'm pretty sure we all knew that Diablo 3 would be transforming over the years. Diablo 2 wasn't what it is now out of the gate, and Diablo 3 wasn't going to be any different. I do however realize that Inferno shouldn't have been so broken right out of the gate...

I am sure the Legendaries situation will be dealt with over time, and hopefully some more interesting item modifiers.

Woot finally beat NM with my lvl 51 Wizard, man act 4 got a bit rough, was having some major AP issues lol. Wonder if my dps is enough for Hell act 1...

Ketch

People aren't upset about the randomness. People are upset because the legendaries have a much lower ceiling cap on values when it comes to randomness.

Really? Even lvl 60 legendaries vs lvl 60 rares? Is it intentional? How many people have actually found lvl 60 legendaries though?

smr00

Banned
Finally getting my Wizard to 60 tonight, about 1/3rd to 60.

Got my DPS up to about 17k w/ buffs, want to get it to around 20k before doing inferno.

What's Blizzard's thought process behind limiting you to 10 auctions and not letting you cancel auctions?
Limiting to 10 is good because there is already a billion people putting bullshit up and if there was no limit it would be even more of a cluster fuck.

As for not canceling i have no idea but it's not really an issue for me, my issue is the fact i still get an error when i try to sell my shit.

Sophia

What's Blizzard's thought process behind limiting you to 10 auctions and not letting you cancel auctions?

Limiting you to ten auctions was to promote quality auctions.

Not letting you cancel was just Blizzard being their usual stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom