• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my current build:

byuLu.jpg

I'm able to farm the Butcher in inferno pretty easily right now, though I'm pretty perplexed by how people get such massive DPS.

Jubbly

Hit level 60 during Act 3 of Hell, built up 5 Nephalem Valor, got an incredible amount of gold and a ton of drops (several rares on bosses), but then it transitions to Act 4 and NV has reset to 0? WTF :/

Also, as I've yet to play DH, is this any good and how much should I list it for? The Damage stuff makes it nigh on impossible to find a comparable item on the AH thanks to the useless filters.

WV3iO.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My wizard. Had some good time with Yoshichan and dev on Inferno.
Naitokuuuun, I had fun playing with you :3 More tomorrow?!

KKRT00

Anyone have any tips for my Monk build? I can't seem to survive against many Epics already and I'm only on Hell.

Skills:

Armor:

Stats:

You cant play without mantra of healing, high attack speed and hp per hit stats with Monk.

My build, but items are awful for late hell, but i was stalling for lvl 60 :)

Its mostly a support build, for solo play, instead of mantra of conviction, i'm using Exploding Palm with Essence Burn rune.

aznpxdd

Damn, had some long sessions yesterday with my Monk with pubs to beat Act 3 & 4 in NM. Didn't have too much trouble, though we did die a couple times against elite mobs. My DPS is sitting at 3.8k, that seems pretty okay for Act 1 Hell?

Instro

This is my current build:

byuLu.jpg

I'm able to farm the Butcher in inferno pretty easily right now, though I'm pretty perplexed by how people get such massive DPS.

It seems like people get a lot of extra DPS from AS and Crit%. Are Soul Harvest and Gruesome Feast still useful at that point in the game in terms of damage boosting? I'm running the same basic build, although I'm still in NM.

Varna

Any notable graphics tweaks I should do? .ini, control panel, or otherwise? I got plenty of headroom with this game.

epmode

So I finally found a workaround for the miserable stutter as seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukY2L8PpSM

The idea is to load the game's content files directly to RAM and then fool the game into thinking that they're still in your regular install folder. You need at least 8 GB of RAM for this (preferably more).

The procedure is complicated: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149178443?page=1

If you only have 8GB RAM, you might have to stop other programs before starting D3. Reminds me of my 386 days.

Now that the issue can be pinpointed, maybe Blizzard will finally fix the stupid problem.

Sheap

Logged in to see that I got hacked. All my items and gold are gone. Contacted Blizzard. I'm not too upset, I only played for 4 hours so far but I'm worried about my personal information. Lesson learned, getting an authenticator.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I have a question, if you upgrade your Staff of Herding to Nightmare and Hell difficulty, can you use those versions of the staff to open easier versions of
Whimsyshire?

Dartastic

I swear, the Witch Doctor has some AWFUL skills. Most of the time I'm like OH YAY I'VE LEVELED UP and half the time I try out a skill and find out it's way, way worse than what I already have. Goddamn, Blizzard.
LLShC.gif

Jubbly

So I finally found a workaround for the miserable stutter as seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukY2L8PpSM

The idea is to load the game's content files directly to RAM and then fool the game into thinking that they're still in your regular install folder. You need at least 8 GB of RAM for this (preferably more).

The procedure is complicated: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149178443?page=1

If you only have 8GB RAM, you might have to stop other programs before starting D3. Reminds me of my 386 days.

Now that the issue can be pinpointed, maybe Blizzard will finally fix the stupid problem.

You've misunderstood the procedure. What the guy is doing is dumping the files on a fast-access Flash drive (SSD would be better) and using junction points to get the game to read those specific files from the drive and everything else from the standard C: HDD.

Wallach

They responded in that thread a few minutes ago:

Very clever workaround! Most impressive. :)

I have good news for those of you affected specifically by the stuttering caused by hard drive read rates. Our engineers are hard at work on this issue and it should be fixed in an upcoming patch. At this time I can't promise which upcoming patch the fix will make it into, so please don't despair if a patch rolls out and the issue continues. We'll develop the fix, get it tested, and put it into a patch as quickly as we safely can.

I mention the "testing" part because as we've learned in the past, nothing is worse than rushing a fix that breaks something even worse in the process. If any of you are longtime WoW players you might recall an old PTR patch for Burning Crusade where we fixed the special attack of a monster in the Barrens. The reason that fix was memorable is that the same code change also broke the biggest boss fight (Illidan) that was in the game at the time! It's an extreme example, but it highlights why we have to thoroughly test our fixes before we push them to your computers. It's a good thing! ^_^

We absolutely hate it when people can't play our games properly, and we're doing our best to slay this particular dragon as quickly as can. Thank you again, and happy demon hunting to all.

It seems like people get a lot of extra DPS from AS and Crit%. Are Soul Harvest and Gruesome Feast still useful at that point in the game in terms of damage boosting? I'm running the same basic build, although I'm still in NM.

Getting decent AS gear is my current focus, when BBV with rain dance is up and you're able to summon a constant stream of zombie bears makes you feel like a monster and it only gets better with more AS. Combining it with spirit walk (jaunt rune) and spirit vessel allows you to spam it in-front of any enemy with no risk to your own safety which has been real handy for dealing with elites/packs. The weakness of the build is the cooldown management required for vision quest means you won't have the skills you have ready when you need them, but as long as you can kite it's not too much trouble.

Soul harvest is still an amazing buff and you could replace fetish army with it to increase your ability to deal with groups (it's harder to use though as you're better off saving spirit walk for escape rather than a means for getting your max buff). However I'm having no issues with groups right now, on top of that it adds more hassle to cooldown management and doesn't help much when it comes down to one on one. As for gruesome feast, I just don't think it's that great a skill to begin with and on top of that all my other passives are vital for my survival.

epmode

You've misunderstood the procedure. What the guy is doing is dumping the files on a fast-access Flash drive (SSD would be better) and using junction points to get the game to read those specific files from the drive and everything else from the standard C: HDD.
I understand the procedure just fine. The files are moved onto RAM rather than my usual HDD and the game reads from there instead.

By the way, installing to a solid state drive does NOT fix the problem for me. Only this had an effect.

Violet_0

Banned
we beat the
Butcher
(Inferno) on our second try

Barbarians have no reason to complain. The entire reason why we even made it past some of the more difficult elite mobs is because of my brother's Earthquake and that skill where he turns into some kind of berserker with massive dps. So what do we Monks have? A 3 second invulnerability.

the entire
Butcher
fight was basically him popping his ultimates and me being useless (imo the Monk easily has the worst skill selection of all the classes)

balddemon

Banned
man i've walked around cathedral lvl 4 for 30 minutes and can't find the royal crypts

wow and as soon as i type that, i find the tiny, less than a cm wide, unexplored hallway on my map. >_>

eek5

we beat the
Butcher
(Inferno) on our second try

Barbarians have no reason to complain. The entire reason why we even made it past some of the more difficult elite mobs is because of my brother's Earthquake and that skill where he turns into some kind of berserker with massive dps. So what do we Monks have? A 3 second invulnerability.

the entire
Butcher
fight was basically him popping his ultimates and me being useless (imo the Monk easily has the worst skill selection of all the classes)

Barbarians complain about Act 2 where you need 9k armor, 700+ resist, 40k hp minimum to survive some of the stuff there. I know because I have 8800 armor, 600 resist, 35k hp and I get wrecked but can steamroll Act 1 like nothing.

Noirulus

OMFG THEY FINALLY RECOGNIZED THE STUTTERING ISSUE. I've been posting in that thread trying to get my unplayable stuttering bullshit fixed and it seems that they're finally going to patch it soon! Woohoo!

9WQVj.png

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I have never been frustrated with the game til today.

On act II inferno with my DH, getting one shot left and right, blue weapons I get are 176 dps with shit stats after all the effort and 5k repair costs and 28 sec res timers this is getting to me...

Should fucking Nightmare+ DPS weapons be dropping on fucking act 2 inferno?

Grouping is out of the question because of the ridiculous buffs mobs get.

So fucking broken.

OMFG THEY FINALLY RECOGNIZED THE STUTTERING ISSUE. I've been posting in that thread trying to get my unplayable stuttering bullshit fixed and it seems that they're finally going to patch it soon! Woohoo!

9WQVj.png

Tried disabling max foreground/bg fps? I had issues with that and disabling that helped it.

smr00

Banned
Since the AH refuses to let me sell items i decided to try to trade some clutter, currently looking for a really good bow that is above 320dps w/ good amount of dex and pretty much any great hunter/wizard gear

heres a taste of what i got
TzgUs.jpg

EDIT might take a minute to get back to you because im watching Suits, might have to get at you tomorrow, willing to sell for a reasonable and low price as well.

I beat butcher, but only cause someone asked for help. Otherwise not far after SK.

get the lube ready. act II is here. :D

I have never been frustrated with the game til today.

On act II inferno with my DH, getting one shot left and right, blue weapons I get are 176 dps with shit stats after all the effort and 5k repair costs and 28 sec res timers this is getting to me...

Should fucking Nightmare+ DPS weapons be dropping on fucking act 2 inferno?

Grouping is out of the question because of the ridiculous buffs mobs get.

So fucking broken.

ha. welcome to the suck.

I'm doing my best to just speed run through this act now. Fuck the drops. Fuck "maybe I'll miss a legendary". Fuck it. Act II isn't worth the time or energy to try to play it straight up.

Instro

Getting decent AS gear is my current focus, when BBV with rain dance is up and you're able to summon a constant stream of zombie bears makes you feel like a monster and it only gets better with more AS. Combining it with spirit walk (jaunt rune) and spirit vessel allows you to spam it in-front of any enemy with no risk to your own safety which has been real handy for dealing with elites/packs. The weakness of the build is the cooldown management required for vision quest means you won't have the skills you have ready when you need them, but as long as you can kite it's not too much trouble.

Soul harvest is still an amazing buff and you could replace fetish army with it to increase your ability to deal with groups (it's harder to use though as you're better off saving spirit walk for escape rather than a means for getting your max buff). However I'm having no issues with groups right now, on top of that it adds more hassle to cooldown management and doesn't help much when it comes down to one on one. As for gruesome feast, I just don't think it's that great a skill to begin with and on top of that all my other passives are vital for my survival.

Looking at your runes more closely, I see that you use the rain dance rune over slam dance, I suppose that mitigates the extra mp drain from Pierce the Veil during lengthy fights.

Spirit Vessel is a pretty awesome passive, I feel like it opens up a lot of possibilities for builds that would normally be too MP prohibitive. I'm only a couple levels away from Zombie Bears now, can't wait to test them out. I've been kind of sticking with Gruesome Feast as a holdover from when I was still using Sacrifice, so I haven't quite decided what to put in its place. It's pretty much useless for boss fights though so I'll have to choose something else soon.

Noirulus

Tried disabling max foreground/bg fps? I had issues with that and disabling that helped it.

Oh yes, I've tried that. I've tried other things, too. Many, many things. NOTHING has helped fix it for me. And the problem is that it's not even normal stuttering, it's severe unplayable stuttering as seen in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4-DG8bV8UI

I went out and bought a 16GB flash drive as most people have fixed it by playing through a flash drive but even that hasn't helped me.. Lol.

Dunno if this is already common knowledge but I just saw this on kripp's stream...apparently with the Relentless passive, barbarians dont have to wait for revenge to proc before using it. Someone in the chat room told him about it and he tested it. Seems like it might be useful, going to mess with it later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom