• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

How much can I sell this for?

2B5lu.jpg

Sophia

There was no thought.
It's stupid.

But it's probably to prevent load issues with the AH. Given that AH is still screwed, it doesn't help at all.

Seven years of World of Warcraft tell me that Blizzard does not always put much thought into their design.

The Great Bear Nerf, anyone? :p

Dahbomb

Is NM really really hard, I want a challenge when I pick this up but not something thats going to absolutly kick my ass in act 1.
It's a good progression from Normal. A few encounters will feel "cheap" but nothing too difficult or insurmountable. It is the difficult where some classes have to start playing a bit smarter (meaning you have to kite more and evade properly). If you level up/buy stuff accordingly at times it might even feel easier than Normal.

How much can I sell this for?

2B5lu.jpg
By the time people reach that much level they sort of know what makes a good item or a bad item. Even if you sell it at the suggested 355, you would have few takers. Better off vendering it or salvaging it IMO than taking up precious AH selling slots.

Someone should make an AH etiquette guide or tips in general. The best tips I can give is that people should really be narrowing their searches down as possible while limiting their budget for buyout prices. I rarely buy from AHs (usually there for selling stuff) but when I do I capped myself at 10K per item with a little more leeway for weapons because they are important. Anything that is listed at 2 days you should take a careful look at. Likewise try to follow anything that's under an hour of selling with a very low bidding price. As far as how to search with stats, put the minimum value for particular stats just higher than you current stats (if you have a 75+ Dex item, then put the minimum search value at 100+). Example:

I got Crossbow with 125 DPS, +75 Dex, +50 Vitality, 5% Critical damage boost and some random modifiers (not important, you want to concentrate on Dex, Vit and Crit + IAS for DH)

I put in max buyout price of 15K (more than my normal for armor pieces of 10K), 100 Dex min, 75 Vitality minimum.

Basically once you narrow it down like this, you will not only find better items faster but it will save you a ton of time as well. Oh and if you see something meeting your criteria within the buyout limit and it's at 2 day or close to it... purchase it immediately. Just today I missed out on a great deal by being literally 2 seconds too late.

20k damage and 33k hp on my LVL 60 DH progressing through act 1 inferno.

so far loving it!

been way too much on AH though, gotta get that dps higher and higher, lol

smr00

Banned
20k damage and 33k hp on my LVL 60 DH progressing through act 1 inferno.

so far loving it!

been way too much on AH though, gotta get that dps higher and higher, lol
Trying to increase my hunter/wizard DPS. I have a little over 30k DPS on my 59 hunter but i also sacrificed some of my VIT which IMO is worth it because you are gonna get 1 shotted regardless.

Trying to get my Wizard DPS to around 20-25k before i start inferno but i won't pay the ridiculous prices some people want on some of this gear, i have over 300k gold but that doesn't mean ima throw 80k at a half ass blue lol.

Sothpaw

Krip is doing really well in Inferno. Doing the secret level solo without much problem. Let's say he has played what, 200 hours since release? Sounds like a pretty reasonable time investment to me for Inferno to me manageable.

Kyoufu

Krip is doing really well in Inferno. Doing the secret level solo without much problem. Let's say he has played what, 200 hours since release? Sounds like a pretty reasonable time investment to me for Inferno to me manageable.

It helps having the best gear.

KKRT00

Leveling is so easy in this game, because quests give EXP.

I'm farming 500k in like 5-6 minutes doing act 3 boss and then first quest from act 4 on Hell.
Its literally 105k, 105k, 60k exp from quest and rest from mobs and at least 20 magic items per run.

He skipped a TON of the normal inferno progression with resplendent chest farming. Like not a small amount but basically all of act 2 farming was skipped.

Trying to increase my hunter/wizard DPS. I have a little over 30k DPS on my 59 hunter but i also sacrificed some of my VIT which IMO is worth it because you are gonna get 1 shotted regardless.

Trying to get my Wizard DPS to around 20-25k before i start inferno but i won't pay the ridiculous prices some people want on some of this gear, i have over 300k gold but that doesn't mean ima throw 80k at a half ass blue lol.
is that 30K dps without any boosts? Must be monstrous equipment. What's your sekeret?

I think I should start doing that too.

no matter how much HP I have I get rocked pretty hard in inferno. I swear, the DH is like the squishiest class ever.

Balphon

I'd say that's a rather unreasonable investment to make over the course of 10 days, but I get your point. :)

Leveling is so easy in this game, because quests give EXP.

I'm farming 500k in like 5-6 minutes doing act 3 boss and then first quest from act 4 on Hell.
Its literally 105k, 105k, 60k from exp and rest from mobs and at least 20 magic items per run.

I thought they nerfed that.

I did Act4 first boss over 300 times because it was the only thing I could easily do when I was downloading and lagging.

smr00

Banned
is that 30K dps without any boosts? Must be monstrous equipment. What's your sekeret?
hunter is unbuffed right under 30k, like 29 and some change.

the trick is to not go half and half with dex/vit. go max dex and vit is a bonus, no matter what your HP is the elites in inferno are going to 1 shot you. just get as much DPS as possible and destroy all trash mobs then kite elites.

Won

hunter is unbuffed right under 30k, like 29 and some change.

the trick is to not go half and half with dex/vit. go max dex and vit is a bonus, no matter what your HP is the elites in inferno are going to 1 shot you. just get as much DPS as possible and destroy all trash mobs then kite elites.

The trick is to get resistances, then you are not gonna one-shotted.

Been getting through Act 2. The game actually got a little bit better, and despite the fact that it seems Act 2 is universally hated, i've been enjoying it a lot more than the first act. The pace of the story has been better for me, with the "epicness" from the first act being removed and with the plot being a little bit slower, I can actually FOLLOW what's going on. I've been loving the lore over previous enemies, like Mephisto, Baal, Diablo, Duriel and Andariel that i've been picking up over the way.

I've been spending a lot of money on forging though :/ I could probably have just saved all the money and gone to the auction house, but I feel like eventually Haedrig is going to prove himself useful.

Also, I'm looking forward to whatever comes out of Adria as a character. I mean, just by her behavior, there HAS to be a plot twist coming from her.

Naito

Great stats. You have as much armour as I do and yet you have 10 times the damage. I'm jealous. Can't find a good weapon to save my life.

I lowered a bit my Vitality, now I have 29.5k hp, in favor of some little more dps.
That wizard also has a "nice" attack speed, which is 1.9 - it's not my primary concern but he can spam Shock Pulse at a very good rate.

I too need to find a good 1h weapon; AH isn't helping either since most 750+ dps stuff is way overpriced.

smr00

Banned
The trick is to get resistances, then you are not gonna one-shotted.
You will still die in 1-2 shots.

No point in compromising DPS for super high resistance.

EDIT- Wizard has almost 2k INT and doesn't even have 50% resist, no way should you compromise your DEX-DPS that much to get less than half INT and you will have to, even with less than half resist on my wizard my wizard still gets 1-2 shotted and my wizard has more HP and has greater dmg reduction. You want to go dps dps dps and kite, my DPS is so high non-elites die like flies and even elites die fast it's just you run into those elites that kill you in 1-2 shots regardless what your HP is on a hunter and resist. Especially those crazy ones that pull you and jail you.

balddemon

Banned
Been getting through Act 2. The game actually got a little bit better, and despite the fact that it seems Act 2 is universally hated, i've been enjoying it a lot more than the first act. The pace of the story has been better for me, with the "epicness" from the first act being removed and with the plot being a little bit slower, I can actually FOLLOW what's going on. I've been loving the lore over previous enemies, like Mephisto, Baal, Diablo, Duriel and Andariel that i've been picking up over the way.

I've been spending a lot of money on forging though :/ I could probably have just saved all the money and gone to the auction house, but I feel like eventually Haedrig is going to prove himself useful.

Also, I'm looking forward to whatever comes out of Adria as a character. I mean, just by her behavior, there HAS to be a plot twist coming from her.

I thought the exact same thing my first playthrough.

Firehead

Anyone have any tips for my Monk build? I can't seem to survive against many Epics already and I'm only on Hell.

Skills:

Armor:

Stats:

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone have any tips for my Monk build? I can't seem to survive against many Epics already and I'm only on Hell.

Skills:
ibm3747nyXBJUe.jpg

Armor:
j4RIrCa0qSuOL.jpg

Stats:
jwEy0FF2gn0Z2.jpg
Drop a generator, get a shield, get some resist, get healing or evasion mantra.

Your armor is too low to make Initiative useful imo. Take resolve if you are stacking dmg reduction. Drop 15% dodge passive for something else. I like 250 spirit for burst healing.

Get at least 600 Vit and socket your helm with +Life%.

8000HP is NOTHING, you should have at least 16k if not 22k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom