• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
htzWL.jpg

how are people getting power leveled to 60 in 3-4 hours?

I mean i can see it if they were getting leveled using grind techniques alone on quest rewards however the time it takes to unlock the next difficulty seems to be huge? It takes what 40 odd minutes to speedrun someone through normal using a level 60 char and obviously more time on the harder difficulties so how are people leveling up in such a quick time?

Is there something I am missing here I thought you had to do all the quests to unlock the next difficulty? Or can you only kill the 4 big bosses???

LordCanti

yes! I'm only a 19k buff wizard though, but AR is around 6-700 buffed.

What MF?

I think we're hovering around 150-160%

If you're close, add BulletSmurf#1155

I'd like to check out these chest runs. See how they compare to killing elites.

Last night it was excellent. Today it's going a bit slower. Might just be because fewer people are looking for chests though. Haven't been at it long today.

Cipherr

You're a DH right? If you are you can just skip to act IV and grind for gear there. 35-40k dps and you should be fine.

TBH anyone can do that. I farmed Act 4 that way for a while. I wore a full 210 MF set I put together for pennies from the AH. The set had all random stats on it, so my dps was horrible, Id fire off a few shots and let Tyrael kill the elite while I circled around the teleporter.

People say that of Tyrael did most of the work that your MF didnt register, but that seemed to me to just be a ol wives tale. I got enough 1k dps weapons and enough legendaries on those runs to erase any doubt I had.

Thats something a melee could farm just as easily as a DH.

Ferrio

Banned
TBH anyone can do that. I farmed Act 4 that way for a while. I wore a full 210 MF set I put together for pennies from the AH. The set had all random stats on it, so my dps was horrible, Id fire off a few shots and let Tyrael kill the elite while I circled around the teleporter.

People say that of Tyrael did most of the work that your MF didnt register, but that seemed to me to just be a ol wives tale. I got enough 1k dps weapons and enough legendaries on those runs to erase any doubt I had.

Thats something a melee could farm just as easily as a DH.

Ah, I always killed the elites myself haha.

Cipherr

how are people getting power leveled to 60 in 3-4 hours?

I mean i can see it if they were getting leveled using grind techniques alone on quest rewards however the time it takes to unlock the next difficulty seems to be huge? It takes what 40 odd minutes to speedrun someone through normal using a level 60 char and obviously more time on the harder difficulties so how are people leveling up in such a quick time?

Is there something I am missing here I thought you had to do all the quests to unlock the next difficulty? Or can you only kill the 4 big bosses???

On my wizard, earlier today I went from like 40 to 51 (from 51 to 52 the exp required per level jumps by about a million) doing quick Zultan Kulle runs in Nightmare. I had only cleared up to the start of Act 3 at that time. Since I was 51, I bought a set of good gear, loaded up Act 4 normal, then exited the game and used the public game trick to skip to act 4 NM, killed Diablo and auto unlocked Hell. Ill likely at some point use that same trick to skip from where I am now (Act 1 Hell) to Zultan Kulle, farm him until 60, then skip to Act 4 and kill Diablo on Hell and unlock Inferno.

/shrug. Until Blizzard patches those two its fairly easy for you to powerlevel yourself. Those 3 or 4 hour level 60's though, I dont know wtf they are doing. Kulle runs are fast leveling, but its not THAT damn fast.

Wool

Invulnerable minion/mortar/teleporter is tough in Act III/IV. Fun fights though -- finally downed one after 3 deaths.

Are you still using the tank DH build? I've been trying a few different variation of it but nothing has worked out. I need more life on hit though...

On my wizard, earlier today I went from like 40 to 51 (from 51 to 52 the exp required per level jumps by about a million) doing quick Zultan Kulle runs in Nightmare. I had only cleared up to the start of Act 3 at that time. Since I was 51, I bought a set of good gear, loaded up Act 4 normal, then exited the game and used the public game trick to skip to act 4 NM, killed Diablo and auto unlocked Hell. Ill likely at some point use that same trick to skip from where I am now (Act 1 Hell) to Zultan Kulle, farm him until 60, then skip to Act 4 and kill Diablo on Hell and unlock Inferno.

/shrug. Until Blizzard patches those two its fairly easy for you to powerlevel yourself. Those 3 or 4 hour level 60's though, I dont know wtf they are doing. Kulle runs are fast leveling, but its not THAT damn fast.

public game trick?

yeah would be interesting to know what the exact minimum to unlock a difficulty is then!

If you can get a friend (or 2, even better) to run you, it can be lightning quick using Resume Game to get multiple turn-ins

Zzoram

Man this game needs an AH app badly, I want to check it away from computers.

WoW has an AH iOS app so I imagine that they'll do the same for D3 eventually, probably after they get it running stable and fix the bugs with it and improve filtering options.

For what it's worth, the method involves no actual fighting of any sort, so it doesn't need to be very good MF gear, so long as it gets the % high enough.

So you glitch into act IV Inferno using public games with Act IV Hell and then let tyrael grind down the ghosts?

DTKT

So, as a DH, I'm having loads of trouble with reflect damage mobs on inferno. In fact, I'm doing too much of it. :|

I'm actually killing myself.

Ploid 3.0

I want Diablo 2 HD remake like BG2. I love pet classes and people keep telling me I'd love Necro in D2 but I'm less interested in playing it because of the graphics.

Dunlop

Hit 54 on my DH..burnt out of playing the same crap over an over

luckily it's E3 so I will have a nice vacation and start fresh next week :p

Ferrio

Banned
So, as a DH, I'm having loads of trouble with reflect damage mobs on inferno. In fact, I'm doing too much of it. :|

I'm actually killing myself.

Join the club. SS negates all reflect damage. Gotta time your shots with it. I usually lay down mines, and pop SS right before they step on them.

Aphexian

So like...what level does the Witch Doctor start feeling crazy? I'm having a REALLY tough time getting through these first 6 levels. Maybe it's my 3 DPS dagger but my Barb used his starting weapon for a while and did fine.

:Edit: Nevermind, it was the weapon. Picked up a 10 DPS weapon and holy crap what a difference!

Ploid 3.0

Necro is a real pet class.

Witch Doctor pets are far less viable.

Yeah, I had big hopes for WD and it's pets. I pretty much dropped all it's pets for inferno. I'm not even sure I can call big bad voodoo a pet (mostly if I'm in a group I use it for big fights, or if we need a little bit extra.

So like...what level does the Witch Doctor start feeling crazy? I'm having a REALLY tough time getting through these first 6 levels. Maybe it's my 3 DPS dagger but my Barb used his starting weapon for a while and did fine.

:Edit: Nevermind, it was the weapon. Picked up a 10 DPS weapon and holy crap what a difference!

Yeah, a great weapon is very good. Also a good mojo if you go for single hand weapons (shield if you need survivability).

Bug is fine for exploits and farming. My melee can't do shit, even with Tyrael trying to bail me out. Maybe if I upped my movement speed.

But the problem is when you accidentally end up in Hell Inferno when you don't want to. And keep getting rocked until you figure out what happened.

Anyways, I had a bug earlier where two Izual's spawned in Hell. It was interesting. I probably could have beaten them, but they staggered their freeze attacks so I was getting pounded without being able to dodge or pump spirit to heal.

I'm like half way through Act 2 Inferno. Any tips especially as it pertains to builds and such. I've 5 stacks multiple times on my way to putting together ZK, but I feel like smashing my computer in a some points.

Here are my stats and build:

DTKT

Join the club. SS negates all reflect damage. Gotta time your shots with it. I usually lay down mines, and pop SS right before they step on them.

Yeah, but I I keep forgetting that Nether still ticks as it moves along. So, the SS ends but the tentacles are still hitting stuff!

The ratio between your damage and the reflected amount needs to be lowered. :| I mean, Barbs and monks don't suffer as much as we do. They get life on hit!

Sanic

I was given a guest pass, and i'm trying the game out and having weird performance issues. It's not a framerate issue, but almost feels like a stutter you would experience when you have a bad ping or a game is struggling to stream in data.

I'm going to assume it's a ping issue; Is this common on the American servers?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to go from near 0 resistances to around 300 in each with buffs. Can someone explain to me exactly how armor and resistances work? It seems straightforward, but I just want to make sure.

On my Barbarian, I can have approx. 71% damage reduction from armor and 50% damage reduction from physical resistance.

Is this how it works? The mob lands an attack for 100,000 base damage First it's reduced by 71% = 29,000, which is further reduced by 50% = 14,500. Does this look right?

When is block taken into account? Before the damage reduction or after?

Also, are normal melee attacks counted as "physical damage"?

Alex

More than the reflect or shielding or other annoying tags the one I suffer most from is the fast one on my Wizard. Especially on a naturally agile mob, like those lickers, etc, some of them just FLY across the screen, there is jack shit I can do about that. Just gotta kite em away from the main path and move on.

Dahbomb

Yeah, but I I keep forgetting that Nether still ticks as it moves along. So, the SS ends but the tentacles are still hitting stuff!

The ratio between your damage and the reflected amount needs to be lowered. :| I mean, Barbs and monks don't suffer as much as we do. They get life on hit!
You can also try shadow power. Reflect damage is basically made to country glass cannon builds.

Akim

Banned
I think I'm finally giving up on my monk. Made it to act 3 inferno...and I just can't kill things here. It's the brick wall of act 2 all over again.

Can't get past Belial in Inferno. Does that bug still work that allows you to get into any inferno level? Tried it but not sure if it still works.

Absol

iyhOqKJbOUI41.PNG

ibvHLHLijAU2Xy.PNG

The Gods were generous today. The wand is an upgrade over my current 860 DPS only blue wand. Could have used at least another hundred DPS but can't really complain. The amulet is a big upgrade over my current one too. And its another item I don't have to worry about when switching to my MF gear.

Kaiden

Neo Member
Does anyone want to explain how the Inferno Act 3/4 glitch works? A PM of a guide to it or something? I just really don't want to do Act 2...

Opiate

Is this worth much?
uYTjm.jpg

Appreciated.

Dexterity/Intelligence is a poisonous stat combination. Dexterity/Strength? Maybe you can find a buyer. Strength is armor. Vital/Any other stat is obviously good. Dexterity/Intel though is a very awkward combination that is rarely valuable unless everything else on it is great.

Cipherr

The game definitely streams data as you play. I think thats what causes the occassional hiccup I get when playing. I have the game installed on a SATAIII SSD and whenever I boot the game up for a new session, somewhere within my first dungeon in the first half hour I get a hiccup, the game screen hitches for a millisecond but the audio and everything else remains fluid. Like a framedrop.

Yesterday I died to an elite pack in A3 and somehow was still able to walk around while dead before I released. I figured I would go and scout the exit to that godforsaken Keep Depths, but I got so far before seeing this:

Basically the world/textures and whatnot just stopped. I could still see on the map where rooms should have been, but none of it was loaded in. There were no enemies either. I think the game literally streams damn near EVERYTHING from Blizzards servers to the client as you play. I didn't have to go very far to hit that drop off barrier either.

Opiate

Are you still using the tank DH build? I've been trying a few different variation of it but nothing has worked out. I need more life on hit though...

Yes I am, but I'm still not "properly" geared for it. Against some champion packs, however, I can sustain for ~12-18 seconds while pumping damage under the effect of shadow power. Sometimes even that isn't enough, though. I definitely need more resists to try it out more fully -- I DO feel confident it's a viable build now, but it's also more gear dependent than is glass-cannon-hope-to-kill-everything-before-it-touches-you build. It's closer to a melee gear requirement instead.

Cipherr

Yes I am, but I'm still not "properly" geared for it. Against some champion packs, however, I can sustain for ~12-18 seconds while pumping damage under the effect of shadow power. Sometimes even that isn't enough, though. I definitely need more resists to try it out more fully -- I DO feel confident it's a viable build now, but it's also more gear dependent than is glass-cannon-hope-to-kill-everything-before-it-touches-you build. It's closer to a melee gear requirement instead.

Still the only class without either some sort of 20% damage reduction to all, or 20% damage reduction to melee, or 20% boost (or more) to your existing resists, or 20% or more boost to your armor via a skill/rune/passive, or tanking pet.

I absolutely hate it. I look at Wizards Monks Barbs and WD's and see at least one of those, some classes have more than one of them. I look at our class and see a fucking Sentry with a 15% damage reduction in a super super small bubble. A sentry that is damn near useless outside of that gimmick making it nearly a waste of a slot. Makes me sick.

Neki

Still the only class without either some sort of 20% damage reduction to all, or 20% damage reduction to melee, or 20% boost (or more) to your existing resists, or 20% or more boost to your armor skill/rune/passive.

I absolutely hate it. I look at Wizards Monks Barbs and WD's and see at least one of those. I look at our class and see a fucking Sentry with a 15% damage reduction in a super super small bubble. A sentry that is damn near useless outside of that gimmick making it nearly a waste of a slot. Makes me sick.

Sentries give 15% reduction to all damage with the rune. :p

Shouta

I'm like half way through Act 2 Inferno. Any tips especially as it pertains to builds and such. I've 5 stacks multiple times on my way to putting together ZK, but I feel like smashing my computer in a some points.

Here are my stats and build:

You need a source of healing. Life on Hit or Life Per Spirit Spent (preferablly 50+ to supplement Transcendence). That'll allow you to fight more consistently. After that, buildwise I prefer using Evasion as my primary method over trying to straight mitigate damage. Mantra of evasion and Fists of Thunder - Lightning Flash (dodge one) are the easy dodge generators.

How much DPS to beat the enrage for Butcher with a monk?

I'd say 12-14k with the right set of skills equipped.

Ferrio

Banned
Still the only class without either some sort of 20% damage reduction to all, or 20% damage reduction to melee, or 20% boost (or more) to your existing resists, or 20% or more boost to your armor via a skill/rune/passive, or tanking pet.

I absolutely hate it. I look at Wizards Monks Barbs and WD's and see at least one of those, some classes have more than one of them. I look at our class and see a fucking Sentry with a 15% damage reduction in a super super small bubble. A sentry that is damn near useless outside of that gimmick making it nearly a waste of a slot. Makes me sick.

Shadow power rune gives them 65% damage reduction..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom