• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
If you have over 100k DPS nothing takes any skill for any class.

I'd like to see a DH with 100k dps without sharpshooter. I'm pretty damn beefy, but I only hit around 50k wihout sharp. 98k with it.

Also DHs aren't easy mode. They're gear ramp up is a lot less harsh, but they get punished hard for the slightest mistake.

Well, Inferno Act 1 was cake with 500 resist, 45k HP, and 15k DPS as a monk.

How far is this gear I spent 2 mill on gonna get me in Act 2 and 3?

Oh man, got my DPS up to 25k, if things get past my snares I bear them to smithereens rather quickly even in act 2.......or pop soul harvest and get upwards of 32k dps

And then I did a Butcher run and holy shit its a joke now

I snagged some really excellent rare weapons but the damage sucked balls for level 60s so I vendor trashed them :( One had 200 strength but 150 damage, wtf

RivalCore

Well, Inferno Act 1 was cake with 500 resist, 45k HP, and 15k DPS as a monk.

How far is this gear I spent 2 mill on gonna get me in Act 2 and 3?

I'm less than that, maybe a little higher DPS, and I picked up Zoltan's head a few hours ago. Granted I ran like a total bitch in the Oasis, but it was kinda fun!

Definitely look into a shield though.

Wallach

I'd like to see a DH with 100k dps without sharpshooter. I'm pretty damn beefy, but I only hit around 50k wihout sharp. 98k with it.

Also DHs aren't easy mode. They're gear ramp up is a lot less harsh, but they get punished hard for the slightest mistake.

DH are pretty much the best at two things:

- DPS
- Dying

Great class for softcore. Garbage hardcore class.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone have 800 million gold I can borrow? I wanan buy this.

MkPlm.png

Best bow I've seen yet.

Edgeward

How much dmg should I be doing as a 52 monk on hell? Right now sitting on 3.5k dps and 12-13k health. Progressing near the end of act 1 but dying quite a bit. And what is the best way for me at this point to farm exp and/or gold?

zlatko

Banned
So I decided on WD as my 2ndary. Tried DH and WZ too, but just wasn't really feeling them in their early levels like I was WD. Covering the screen in a mass storm of crazy shit feels good man. :p

Diablo runs surprisingly cool on my system. Barely above 50C with everything on high, shadows on medium, trilinear filtering off, and that hardware entry in the preferences file set to 1.

Kaiden

Neo Member
Anyone have 800 million gold I can borrow? I wanan buy this.

MkPlm.png

Best bow I've seen yet.

Can anyone clarify something for me? On an item like this, what is the "46%" damage stat, what exactly does it do? Is that 46% of weapon damage added onto hits?

Also the +damage range, is that already factored into the damage as listed on the item or not?

Something I've never been 100% on.

Ferrio

Banned
Can anyone clarify something for me? On an item like this, what is the "46%" damage stat, what exactly does it do? Is that 46% of weapon damage added onto hits?

Also the +damage range, is that already factored into the damage as listed on the item or not?

The %damage and + damage range are already factored in the dps of the weapon. Basically anything that's not character dependant (crit damage, crit chance, str/int/dex) are not factored into the dps.

That's why say a 1000 dps bow with +200 dex and +50% crit damage pulls more damage than a straight 1300 dps weapon bow.

LordCanti

+46% over base (of that particular weapon type). It's already factored into the DPS

Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

Why not check yourself on the AH rather than risk losing money?

Depends on your class.

I did check and I saw some with similar crit stats but thanks to limited search choices only saw ones with terrible Dex/Int/Str stats. These were priced around 1 mil.

Plus, I'm not a DH so they didn't look that pleasing to me.

Price check:

uF3AZ.png

No IAS on gloves is sort of downer. Can yOu really get over a million for gloves without them?
Also, I am looking to upgrade my xbow on my DH to something that can start farming act 3. What should I be getting in the 3 to 3.5 milion range? Using cookie cutter spec of course,

Ferrio

Banned
No IAS on gloves is sort of downer. Can yOu really get over a million for gloves without them?
Also, I am looking to upgrade my xbow on my DH to something that can start farming act 3. What should I be getting in the 3 to 3.5 milion range? Using cookie cutter spec of course,

Attack speed is overratted on DHs. We're kiting too much to stand there and shoot to take advantage of it. Burst damage is way better, especially since tons of dhs run with sharpshooter. % crit damage/crit chance is huge for dhs.

Ya attack speed raises your DPS number by a huge amount, but it's just a calculation and assumes you're standing there shooting constantly.

Kaiden

Neo Member
The %damage and + damage range are already factored in the dps of the weapon. Basically anything that's not character dependant (crit damage, crit chance, str/int/dex) are not factored into the dps.

That's why say a 1000 dps bow with +200 dex and +50% crit damage pulls more damage than a straight 1300 dps weapon bow.

Ahhh, gotcha. That helps a bunch! Thanks.

Cipherr

Lol, Alts. My 52 mage:

fl6Sl.png

Working on hell now. Blowing everything to pieces in Reduced Level Requirement gear and decent gems that has me at 22k DPS. Needed a break from Farming 10m -> Buy a piece of gear for my DH -> Farm another 10m -> buy another piece of gear.

Ferrio

Banned
Actually 3 mil might be way too higher, theres tons of 25% crit damage gloves on the AH right now. My bad.

I saw a pair close to that sell for 4 mil last night though, so odd.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Err... I just went to the Cemetery during my farming of Act 1 and one of the crypts is called "Development Hell", and all of the mobs have what seems to be programmers names.

I assume this is a known Easter egg thing?

Artanisix

But it's besides the point, my point is not that the game is impossible for melee, it's that DHs and Wizards are far, FAR more successful than any melee class, even if the melee classes spend MILLIONS more than them. It doesn't matter if you die a lot as a DH if you can knock down a group of champions to half health in a death or two. Barbs in A3 with Sword and Shield *struggle* to break 10k DPS. They can't whittle down shit.

Attack speed is overratted on DHs. We're kiting too much to stand there and shoot to take advantage of it. Burst damage is way better, especially since tons of dhs run with sharpshooter. % crit damage/crit chance is huge for dhs.

Ya attack speed raises your DPS number by a huge amount, but it's just a calculation and assumes you're standing there shooting constantly.

But you do want some though right? You're not going to stack it like a monk life on hit build, but you do want enough to get a few of your best shots off with sharpshooter. Maybe have one or two pieces with IAS.

It seems like it would be way cheaper gearing to get it on gloves versus getting it on jewelry ($$$) .

Ferrio

Banned
But you do want some though right? You're not going to stack it like a monk life on hit build, but you do want enough to get a few of your best shots off with sharpshooter. Maybe have one or two pieces with IAS.

It seems like it would be way cheaper gearing to get it on gloves versus getting it on jewelry ($$$) .

I have one attack speed ring, that's it.

99k damage with sharpshooter.
55k damage without.

Wallach

This is pretty wrong. Attack speed directly determines the effectiveness of your stutter stepping. The DPS readout is literally your average damage over a single second; the more IAS you stack, the faster you can resume moving after shooting when stutter stepping. It's more shots per unit of movement when kiting.

The only time IAS really isn't as important is when your rate of attack is throttled in a way not tied directly to your animation speed. For DH this is pretty much just Spike Trap.

Ferrio

Banned
This is pretty wrong. Attack speed directly determines the effectiveness of your stutter stepping. The DPS readout is literally your average damage over a single second; the more IAS you stack, the faster you can resume moving after shooting when stutter stepping. It's more shots per unit of movement when kiting.

The only time IAS really isn't as important is when your rate of attack is throttled in a way not tied directly to your animation speed. For DH this is pretty much just Spike Trap.

My main attack.

That said I have no troubles in act IV with only 1.4 attacks per second.

Wallach

My main attack.

Sure. Not only are you using Spike Trap you've made a significant trade off for crit damage. It's not an unreasonable stat trade. But the premise of IAS being unimportant due to how kiting works is really off.

Cipherr

But it's besides the point, my point is not that the game is impossible for melee, it's that DHs and Wizards are far, FAR more successful than any melee class, even if the melee classes spend MILLIONS more than them. It doesn't matter if you die a lot as a DH if you can knock down a group of champions to half health in a death or two. Barbs in A3 with Sword and Shield *struggle* to break 10k DPS. They can't whittle down shit.

Barbs in particular actually DO get to the point where they can handle those packs just fine. Its just that the gear hump is steep for them, but once they are there, they can handle them just fine. I mean, your not going to convince any of us otherwise. We have all be playing since release and or beta, and we have all watched Kripp eat Act 3 inferno alive while his DH friend was in the game, but back in town repairing because even with his 100k dps, he still gets one shot.

Once the melee clear that gear hurdle they have one hell of a fun ride. DH will always be "killing a pack after a hand full of deaths" no matter what unless Blizzard changes something. Sounds a whole lot like you just have some bad class envy. The hurdle for melee in Nightmare is not insurmountable and its not impossible for melee. Stop it with that.

My main attack.

Thanks to both of you for the info. I'm swapping over to the class as a farming character since Monk lategame gear is so ridicuously expensive. It has certainly been fun to level, ball lightning and an on level xbow = Doom BFG.

Barbs in particular actually DO get to the point where they can handle those packs just fine. Its just that the gear hump is steep for them, but once they are there, they can handle them just fine. I mean, your not going to convince any of us otherwise. We have all be playing since release and or beta, and we have all watched Kripp eat Act 3 inferno alive while his DH friend was in the game, but back in town repairing because even with his 100k dps, he still gets one shot.

The economy in the game has changed dramatically since the turbolevelers got established at release. Act I gear has much lower value, and grinding out enough gold for act 2 and especially act 3 passable gear is very hard unless you are farming the later acts already.

Ferrio

Banned
The economy in the game has changed dramatically since the turbolevelers got established at release. Act I gear has much lower value, and grinding out enough gold for act 2 and especially act 3 passable gear is very hard unless you are farming the later acts already.

You're a DH right? If you are you can just skip to act IV and grind for gear there. 35-40k dps and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom