• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

It does, it's just that with all the randomness, it's extremely rare to get a perfect roll for a barb. I've gotten 40 AR gear with decent vitality value.

What? 40AR gear is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think 40 AR gear is what you need for Act 2. You need 60-70+ AR gear for A2 Inferno. That's the problem. The low resists from 20-40 are what you need to survive in Act 1. That'll get you through pretty well, and that drops in Act 1, but in order to get the next stuff you have to be past Act 1. I'm hearing 3 and 4 is where that gear drops, and you really really seem to absolutely need it (as a melee) to succeed in 2.

Whats the best weapon you can get in act 1 inferno? 600 dps 1 hander?

Sarcasm aside, whats the best dps 1 hander anyone gas gotten in act 1?

I think I saw a 540 somewhere. I might have got near 600, but nothing over it.

There's the other problem. You really can only barely succeed Act 1 Inferno with a 600 dps weapon. You really need 700+ to do really well enough to farm (unless you're leaching on your party), and again this stuff doesn't even drop in that very act.

Try to find cheap pieces with resist/all resist. If not, plain resist gear with dex and vit on it is usually available for under 100k on the AH. If you see a cheap high armor piece that has resist but not all resist, take it. People often don't account for the value of additional armor. It is entirely okay to sacrifice a lot of vitality for resist stats, at least in Act I. I ran it at 25k health with around 600 resist and 5k armor just easily. Think of it this way: your heals don't scale with your health pool, so additional vitality isn't going to do anything if you're hemorrhaging health, as opposed to trickling it away.

Yeah a lot of people seem to forget this. I started Inferno with like 37,000 life or so. I ended Act 1 still with about 33,000 and I got utterly annihilated in Act 2. Now I can survive decently, not enough to hold my own against some elites or anything, but light years better than when I stepped out into the desert, and I have about 26 or 27,000 life. If you get your defenses up you'll be much better off, and your heals and life over time equipment will do you much better.

greepoman

in the middle of act 1 inferno, now doing just over 10k dps, with 45k health, all resistances are at 268. im pretty much stacking dexterity, vitality, and poison resistance, so i can use "one with everything" to boost all of my other resistances to match the highest one i have (poison in this case). im a dual wielding monk btw.

i have no problem with regular enemies, but elites/champions/rares give me a hard time...

I've been hearing you want to actually have items with +all res AND the resistance you're stacking? I just hit 60 on my monk and started looking at how to gear.

Cipherr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jAU5KGXOR-4

Lol @ this.

I've been hearing you want to actually have items with +all res AND the resistance you're stacking? I just hit 60 on my monk and started looking at how to gear.

Indeed. I love this mechanic. OWE is really awesome. It makes gearing my Monk really different.

Can you stack physical resist to work with it? Or just everything else?

It can be any of the resists. I went with All Resists and Physical personally. But you could choose fire, arcane, or any of them.

HenryHSH

What? 40AR gear is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think 40 AR gear is what you need for Act 2. You need 60-70+ AR gear for A2 Inferno. That's the problem. The low resists from 20-40 are what you need to survive in Act 1. That'll get you through pretty well, and that drops in Act 1, but in order to get the next stuff you have to be past Act 1. I'm hearing 3 and 4 is where that gear drops, and you really really seem to absolutely need it (as a melee) to succeed in 2.

Yeah, you're probably right. I did make it through act 2 with relatively low AR though. Somewhere between 600-700 with warcry but I skipped a lot of champion packs.

Yo, this looks like a viable way to farm gold. Too bad I'm too lazy to try it.

RDreamer

Yeah, that's what they do. I really need to start doing that, I guess. Most of my resists are mid 600s or so (buffed). My only problem with trying to do that is that you're limiting your equipment, and it's a pain in the ass to search for stuff with your specific resistance. The AH really, really needs the ability to search 4 or 5 categories at once. If I'm searching for All Resist and, say Poison Resist that's 2 of my search terms used up. I'm also going to want dex and some vit on most pieces, too. And if they're gloves or an amulet or something I may want to search for something with attack speed, too.

RDreamer

Yeah, you're probably right. I did make it through act 2 with relatively low AR though. Somewhere between 600-700 with warcry but I skipped a lot of champion packs.

As a Monk I'm sitting at almost 700 with my buff. I'd probably have to skip a lot of champions, too. With a decent party I can do really well and even tank. But by myself those things just gang up on you.

It's really kind of crazy the damage reduction I already have and that still doesn't cut it. I mean to parse this out right now I alternate between Reach with the rune for upping armor and fists of thunder with the rune for ~15% dodge. So I have those two effects on at almost all times. So, while fighting I have a dodge chance of about 42%. My damage reduced by armor is something like 64% (I'm not at my computer so I don't know). My resists say about the same reduction if I remember correctly. And on top of that I wear a 15% String of Ears and 4% bracers to give me 18.2% melee damage reduction. I also have a shield with a 20% chance to block about 2,000 damage. And with all that I still can barely survive...

Cipherr

Think i'll try this on my barb, autohotkey revenge and goto sleep :p.

Get a DH on that with the ferret pets that run around collecting the gold for you and Blizzard actually has a problem that may need to be addressed. I mean, you have to move with the other classes in order to trigger the gold collection, but I think the DH ferrets act on their own through A.I. If they auto hotkeyed the summon ferret pet button it would prevent auto log out and the ferrets would collect gold on summon.

Thats way to slow and boring a method for me to try, but it seems like it could be abused.

So I'm seeing auctions for set items and the like with 250 million gold bids on them, while better rolls are selling for under a mil. This can't be legit, what is going on with them?

Opiate

Fun story: I managed to kill an invulnerable minion champ in Act III, but (unintentionally) lost two of his adds while kiting in the process. When I came back forward, his minions were still alive, and now there are just invulnerable minions that cannot be killed in any way running around near my waypoint. It's cool!

inky

Longest item name ever?

LmSau.png

Fun story: I managed to kill an invulnerable minion champ in Act III, but (unintentionally) lost two of his adds while kiting in the process. When I came back forward, his minions were still alive, and now there are just invulnerable minions that cannot be killed in any way running around near my waypoint. It's cool!

I've had that happen before! Good times =)

Takuan

So I hit 60, beat Diablo on Hell, and need to gear up for Inferno because I'm getting destroyed. Am I better off farming gold some place in Hell, or Act 1 Inferno?

Just for kicks I decided to check out the Act 2 Ancient Path goblin exploit, and it seems like they've hotfixed it. Shame, was hoping for a quicker farming/gearing outlet!

scy

Get a DH on that with the ferret pets that run around collecting the gold for you and Blizzard actually has a problem that may need to be addressed. I mean, you have to move with the other classes in order to trigger the gold collection, but I think the DH ferrets act on their own through A.I. If they auto hotkeyed the summon ferret pet button it would prevent auto log out and the ferrets would collect gold on summon.

Thats way to slow and boring a method for me to try, but it seems like it could be abused.

Ferrets would kill the pillars.

RDreamer

Longest item name ever?

LmSau.png

Seeing this made me realize I don't even pay attention to those monikers anymore on blue items. I pretty much ignore the names. That's unfortunately because one of my fondest memories was back on the first Diablo. My cousin and I would daydream of "godly" combinations. We were playing through the game on my playstation, so there was no online and no way of trading with anyone outside our game. That and we just didn't go on the internet to look anything up. I don't think we really found many rares at all, so our daydreams were all in words like this item here. Fun times.

Jackl

So I hit 60, beat Diablo on Hell, and need to gear up for Inferno because I'm getting destroyed. Am I better off farming gold some place in Hell, or Act 1 Inferno?

Just for kicks I decided to check out the Act 2 Ancient Path goblin exploit, and it seems like they've hotfixed it. Shame, was hoping for a quicker farming/gearing outlet!

You can get ok items on the late end of hell, but they're still crap.

Best Gold/H I found is still the path to Azmodan in Act3 on nightmare. Has 2-3 elite packs, 2-3 chests, loads of little spiders. Is short and linear with no chance to get lost. Can be cleared in 2 minutes, reset back into the area at Azmo's door and do it again.

Vendor everything unless you get some amazing Gold find/Magic find gear.

100-300k Gold per hour if you can handle the boredom and have good enough kill rate/goldfind.

Best Gold/H I found is still the path to Azmodan in Act3 on nightmare. Has 2-3 elite packs, 2-3 chests, loads of little spiders. Is short and linear with no chance to get lost. Can be cleared in 2 minutes, reset back into the area at Azmo's door and do it again.

100-300k Gold per hour if you can handle the boredom and have good enough kill rate/goldfind.

Inferno halls of agony 2 in the place with the iron maiden event. Checkpoint on the bridge outside and pillage the bottom with 200% MF gives you 7-10k / run at 1:30 each for a minimum of 300k / hour not including AH profits or vendoring blues to npc

scy

Good point forgot about that lol. I think their range is also just at the viewable horizon also, so you wouldnt be able to stand at a distance from the pillar just inside their range either.

Just gear +Life/kill (or Regen), Thorns, and +Pickup range :x

Jackl

Inferno halls of agony 2 in the place with the iron maiden event. Checkpoint on the bridge outside and pillage the bottom with 200% MF gives you 7-10k / run at 1:30 each for a minimum of 300k / hour not including AH profits or vendoring blues to npc

Whats the gear requirement for that? I'm finding my cheapo MF/GF gear is getting me slaughtered on most of Inferno.

RDreamer

I find it kind of funny that Blizzard's whole goal with Inferno and stuff was (supposedly) to get people away from doing runs and get them doing the whole act and running through elites and stuff in order to make end game more interesting than Diablo 2. Well, D3 is out and what do people resort to for their runs? This. Yep, Bliz, you sure did a great job. I know I certainly find smashing barrels and shit for a minute per game far more interesting than Baal and Bloody Foothill runs... not... I'd take those over that any day.

Takuan

I'll give it a shot. I have zero MF/GF, so that could prove challenging, but whatever.

balddemon

Banned
how do i survive on act 3 as a lvl 27 demon hunter?

i'm about to go destroy siegebreakers. yet i'm compeltely demolished the minute i set foot outside of the castle

Woo-Fu

Banned
I find it kind of funny that Blizzard's whole goal with Inferno and stuff was (supposedly) to get people away from doing runs and get them doing the whole act and running through elites and stuff in order to make end game more interesting than Diablo 2. Well, D3 is out and what do people resort to for their runs? This. Yep, Bliz, you sure did a great job. I know I certainly find smashing barrels and shit for a minute per game far more interesting than Baal and Bloody Foothill runs... not... I'd take those over that any day.

I spent my time in diablo 3 this weekend killing nothing but inferno act II treasure goblins. Not the most exciting activity but with 5 slot weapon patterns, a gem pattern, a number of gear upgrades and ~4m in credits between gold and AH selling I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to do anything else. Maybe when I buy a ~1000 DPS weapon for my WD I'll move on. That should push me over 40k DPS unbuffed.

We had 2-4 people working it most of the time so it was one goblin after another. I expect Blizzard to hotnerf this any day now.

Fellow Witch Doctors, are you using a one hand weapon or a two handed weapon?

That depends entirely on act and build. VC bear/bat spam builds benefit from a 2hander but you're not going to use that build everywhere. Everything else is usually 1hander+mojo/shield.

I spent my time in diablo 3 this weekend killing nothing but inferno act II treasure goblins. Not the most exciting activity but with 5 slot weapon patterns, a gem pattern, a number of gear upgrades and ~4m in credits between gold and AH selling I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to do anything else. Maybe when I buy a ~1000 DPS weapon for my WD I'll move on. That should push me over 40k DPS unbuffed.

We had 2-4 people working it most of the time so it was one goblin after another.

What are the conditions for goblins to spawn?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

I don't think their goal was to eliminate that sort of thing entirely (which seems impossible anyway), their goal was to make it so that those sorts of runs aren't by far the most lucrative the way they were in D2.

And really, none of the GF runs that people are doing seem all that efficient anyway.

Whats the gear requirement for that? I'm finding my cheapo MF/GF gear is getting me slaughtered on most of Inferno.

As long as you can get there, you just need 200% GF and to be able to survive a few hits. Literally dont have to kill anything ( you can if you want for a little extra gold)

Shouta

I'd actually prefer not to camp chests and goblins but to be honest, it's kind of annoying to do otherwise especially as a Monk. Even with solid gear, it's a little annoying eating deaths on mobs you shouldn't be. The gearing requirements are just stupid and there are holes in class design that doesn't make up for it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
What are the conditions for goblins to spawn?

The ramp at the end of the oasis where the desert starts there is a checkpoint at the top of the ramp, up on the desert plateau. In between that checkpoint and the portal stone back at the end of the oasis there is quite often a goblin.

Get that checkpoint, exit, restart, work down the ramp back towards the portal stone. If you find a goblin, kill it, if you don't port back to town, exit, rinse and repeat. I'd estimate there is a goblin there at least 25% of the time, though it is streaky. Sometimes you'll get 5 in a row, sometimes you won't find any for 10 minutes.

Get more than one person restarting and checking that and then have everybody join on whomever finds one first. With four people you'll be finding just about as fast as you can exit, kill, and restart. Make sure everybody has their magic find set handy for the goblin kills.

The loot is better than a jailer/butcher run and comes much, much quicker with far less effort. We did take a break to get an nv 5 stack and take down zultan kulle or wtf his name is and after all that work got crappy drops. That just made us go right back to the goblins where at least we were getting rewarded for our time. It also allowed 4 of us to sort of play together without getting bitchslapped by the increased difficulties Inferno throws at you with multiple players. When we did that kulle run we ran into THREE packs of elites that had molten fire chains vortex/teleport. Three out of five, lol, just stupid, and two of those three were the mosquito packs with the projectiles that turn armor into tissue paper.

The writing is on the wall and it says, "inferno discourages grouping". We're a fairly social group and trying to avoid that writing but not sure how much longer we can keep it up.

Won

For 3 seconds at a high discpline cost. How much reduction does Ignore pain give in addition to the passive reduction of Nerves of Steel, Superstition or Tough as Nails? Because Shadow Power is our "Damage reduction short duration cooldown" its not a passive....

How much damage reduction does Serenity give in addition to the passive reduction of Time of Need, Hard Target, Sieze the Initiative, One with everything or Sixth Sense? Because Shadow Power is our "Damage reduction short cooldown" its not a passive....

How much damage reduction does Crystal Shell or Archon give in addition to the passive reduction of Energy Armor, Force Armor, Prismatic Armor or Blur? Because Shadow Power is our "Damage reduction short duration cooldown" its not a passive....

How much damage reduction does Frigtening Aspect give in addition to Jungle Fortitude? Because Shadow Power is our "Damage reduction short duration cooldown" its not a passive....

Honestly WD are the closest to us but they deal with things a little differently with the pets. It just seems DH were heavily built around Smoke Screen, and now its sort of had its gonads snipped off. So looking at our choices for Active and passive damage reduction shows a very glaring hole. Theres no way I can be the only one who see's it. I know all about Gloom and Sentry, and they have nothing on what most of the other classes have access to.

Numbing Traps is amazing. Just throwing that in here.

scy

Blackthorne's is pretty good, aside from having no all resist on it.

You can get +2 Sockets from the random stats roll (and +Stat/VIT to make it 160/160). The Neck from that set is also nice so the +100 VIT Set bonus is nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom