• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

The ramp at the end of the oasis where the desert starts there is a checkpoint at the top of the ramp, up on the desert plateau. In between that checkpoint and the portal stone back at the end of the oasis there is quite often a goblin.

Get that checkpoint, exit, restart, work down the ramp back towards the portal stone. If you find a goblin, kill it, if you don't port back to town, exit, rinse and repeat. I'd estimate there is a goblin there at least 25% of the time, though it is streaky. Sometimes you'll get 5 in a row, sometimes you won't find any for 10 minutes.

Get more than one person restarting and checking that and then have everybody join on whomever finds one first. With four people you'll be finding just about as fast as you can exit, kill, and restart. Make sure everybody has their magic find set handy for the goblin kills.

The loot is better than a jailer/butcher run and comes much, much quicker with far less effort. We did take a break to get an nv 5 stack and take down zultan kulle or wtf his name is and after all that work got crappy drops. That just made us go right back to the goblins where at least we were getting rewarded for our time. It also allowed 4 of us to sort of play together without getting bitchslapped by the increased difficulties Inferno throws at you with multiple players. When we did that kulle run we ran into THREE packs of elites that had molten fire chains vortex/teleport. Three out of five, lol, just stupid, and two of those three were the mosquito packs with the projectiles that turn armor into tissue paper.

The writing is on the wall and it says, "inferno discourages grouping". We're a fairly social group and trying to avoid that writing but not sure how much longer we can keep it up.
Yeah, this is all I care to do - unfortunately, I don't have the group for it, or the gear.

Fakto

Just beat Hell with my Monk. Starting Inferno right now.

My stats: 48K HP | 12,5K DPS | 400 Resist All | 100 HP x Spirit Spend | 1350 DEX | Armor 4K

What shall I improve ? What current stats can I sacrifice ?

Shouta

Besides the int :p

I got the physical resist version (45) for my demon hunter

INT doesn't count, it's extra!

I have a pair with 161 VIT myself, lost the bid on a pair with a lot of dex, vit and my primary resist which sucked >=(

I need to get the medal for the LoH and set bonus, but argh that price.

inky

where are you finding all this shit inky?

250 MF (including stacks) Halls of Agony -> Butcher runs. 2 legendary and this Set item today from there. 3-4 runs and I pretty much fill up 2 pages with rares. These are pretty fast runs, most of it is crap, and the gold is not that good, but it's a living :p

Having an issue here: I tried to load the game from the launcher and it said critical file error. I went and ran the .exe of the game as administrator and it has been downloading setup files for 45 minutes. Not sure what to do here....any suggestions? I am scared to exit the setup and reload.

Edit: Figured it out..I had turned off secondary logon service. Ooops.

The ramp at the end of the oasis where the desert starts there is a checkpoint at the top of the ramp, up on the desert plateau. In between that checkpoint and the portal stone back at the end of the oasis there is quite often a goblin.

Im probably just being dense, but can you be more specific? Which quest, which specific waypoint? Not totally sure which ramp or zone you're talking about

scy

Im probably just being dense, but can you be more specific? Which quest, which specific waypoint? Not totally sure which ramp or zone you're talking about

I presume it's the Ancient Path one. I prefer the checkpoint towards the sewers (left of the Ancient Path Waypoint) rather than the ramp leading into the desert itself. It's Quest 8 (Black Soulstone) to get you the Waypoint, I believe.

ElyrionX

I spent my time in diablo 3 this weekend killing nothing but inferno act II treasure goblins. Not the most exciting activity but with 5 slot weapon patterns, a gem pattern, a number of gear upgrades and ~4m in credits between gold and AH selling I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to do anything else. Maybe when I buy a ~1000 DPS weapon for my WD I'll move on. That should push me over 40k DPS unbuffed.

We had 2-4 people working it most of the time so it was one goblin after another. I expect Blizzard to hotnerf this any day

Mind sharing how you are doing this?

Dizzy-4U

Finally on Inferno. What would be the best farming spot at the very beginning? The quest were you have to kill the blacksmith's wife?

red731

Just beat Hell with my Monk. Starting Inferno right now.

My stats: 48K HP | 12,5K DPS | 400 Resist All | 100 HP x Spirit Spend | 1350 DEX | Armor 4K

What shall I improve ? What current stats can I sacrifice ?

Where the hell did you get all those items you are wearing?
KuGsj.gif

I am act 2 inferno and I am nowhere near what you have right now at the end of HELL!
If you have it from AH, I must farm much more gold...also, I love Nephelem Valor.

inky

I'm doing another run yet again and -I probably shouldn't be saying this- but I expect them to nerf this area pretty soon, at least for Inferno. The prison area is pretty fucked up. You can clear it hella fast, as many as 3 shrines can spawn there, usually a fortune one. There is also a big chance of a goblin appearance, there are up to 3 elite spawns, the Warden boss is a joke (very easy/fast kill) and it just now dropped 5 rares for me (more than the Butcher ever has) and this last set (plus 2 previous legendary items) dropped from him. Did I mention there's a ton of enemies as per the area size? They drop rares too, constantly.

If I didn't have such shitty luck for drops I'm pretty sure I'd be rich by now, or at least in Act II already ;(

zlatko

Banned
Ugh I stayed up way too late. Got work in ~5hours. About to complete act 2 with my WD on normal though. Once you get socketed gear it's hilarious how fast shit dies. xD

balddemon

Banned
I'm doing another run yet again and -I probably shouldn't be saying this- but I expect them to nerf this area pretty soon, at least for Inferno. The prison area is pretty fucked up. You can clear it hella fast, as many as 3 shrines can spawn there, usually a fortune one. There is also a big chance of a goblin appearance, there are up to 3 elite spawns, the Warden boss is a joke (very easy/fast kill) and it just now dropped 5 rares for me (more than the Butcher ever has) and this last set (plus 2 previous legendary items) dropped from him. Did I mention there's a ton of enemies as per the area size? They drop rares too, constantly.

If I didn't have such shitty luck for drops I'm pretty sure I'd be rich by now, or at least in Act II already ;(
are you good enough that you can drag a scrub barb with 400 resist all along?

Anustart

Anyone available on US server to help me dispatch of Izual and Diablo in Hell? Almost had izzy a couple times but no dice :/ KefkaMayDie#1821

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
When do diminished returns start to kick in for resistances? At around 400ish, I'm already at 50%+ damage reduction. If things really start to slow down, it seems like I'd be better off focusing on more health, damage, and life to hit, etc. than stacking more resist gear. Thoughts?

inky

are you good enough that you can drag a scrub barb with 400 resist all along?

Probably not in this gear (HP/DMG increase is a bitch) but you have better resists than me already, maybe even stats:

aOKIi.png

I do carry my other gloves (70 all resist, +30 physical) just in case I find a nasty pack, but that's about it.

scy

I may go back to Manor clears; Siegebreaker has better value per run but reaching NVx5 takes too long some times and I'd rather have the higher clear rate. Maybe. Act 1 Weapons are pretty much worthless :/

rCIZZLE

Anybody starting the quest after the spider queen on inferno? I killed her earlier but for some reason "quest complete" didn't save and now they want me to do it again. I keep running into elites with BS modifiers and just want to give the butcher a shot (or at least the prison). If I could get at WP hookup that'd be awesome.

balddemon

Banned
Probably not in this gear (HP/DMG increase is a bitch) but you have better resists than me already, maybe even stats:

aOKIi.png

I do carry my other gloves (70 all resist, +30 physical) just in case I find a nasty pack, but that's about it.

inferno just wrecks me unless i have someone else doing dmg. i'm kind of screwed where i am at now i think
2DljZ.png

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

Just to the right of ancient path portal

I Just tried it 20-30 times and got the goblin 4/5 times (had to up my dex and switch to mantra of conviction).

Besides an okay ring that might sell 80k on AH, the loot was absolute shit.

I'm sticking with my inferno act 1 run, which starts with the drowned temple start, because you get Leah to fight with you. Kill 4 elites (2 for orbs, 2 outside, skip the one started by the altar because it's usually overpowered. Then port to cathedral garden and do cathedral. Then gaveyard, but I skip elites deep in tombs that are overpowered.

With the act 1 run and magic find 80% and gold find 120% base, I tend to get 400k/hour gold + 5 items that sell about 100k on the AH. Rare items that have 2 decent stats that stack for a class at times will sell that well. Say a belt with 100 vitality and intelligence (and some other stat). Sold that at 120 just now, probably could have gone higher because it sold as I was price comparing other items.

Going to save up for Whimsyshire inferno, see if I can cheese chests there. If not, I'm going to wait for nerf/patch to fix melee inferno.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
inferno just wrecks me unless i have someone else doing dmg. i'm kind of screwed where i am at now i think
2DljZ.png

You should try using a high damage 2hander with life to hit.

You'll lose some defense, sure, but your DPS should double or more.

I think once you get to the point where you can survive a few hits, you really need to focus on DPS. It goes without saying that the quicker you kill your enemy, the less chance they have to hit you.

Svafnir

Holy crap Diablo on Inferno is a joke, how the hell do I dodge that stupid giant pit of fire he drops on the ground? I can't even get out out of it before I die, I got him out of the shadow realm by luck once since he didnt cast it till the third phrase ~.~

Guessing just need more resists? I am at 600 all :(

So guys, I need a price check since there's no items on AH with these stats from what I've seen.

Edit: Fixed a mistake i made with the -12 level requirement.

OvlQo.jpg

And massive props to LordCanti for sharing the chest run.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Nevermind, I didn't read that post correctly at all, lol

maharg

idspispopd
So somehow I wound up with 19k life on my barbarian at level 51, just finished nightmare. The game apparently thinks I'm crazy since I'm 2 levels away from even being able to buy health potions that can heal less than half of that.

balddemon

Banned
You should try using a high damage 2hander with life to hit.

You'll lose some defense, sure, but your DPS should double or more.

I think once you get to the point where you can survive a few hits, you really need to focus on DPS. It goes without saying that the quicker you kill your enemy, the less chance they have to hit you.

i'll look into that, thanks for pionting that out lol
So guys, I need a price check since there's no items on AH with these stats from what I've seen.

It's a level 48 dagger, with -12 level requirements, meaning even a level 36 can equip it.

OvlQo.jpg

no the -12 means lvl 48 can equip it. the required level shown isthe required levell

sorry to burst your bubble :(

It's a level 48 dagger, with -12 level requirements, meaning even a level 36 can equip it.

I thought the level adjustment was already reflected in the dagger as its shown.

inky

2DljZ.png

It's not so bad, do you have the passives that gives you vit=armor, plus armor %? You have high resists and more vit but low armor somehow. When I first got to Inferno I did some Act 3/4 Hell runs to buy a good weapon before I even could get past the wretched mothers. I'm pretty sure you can get a 700~dps one for around 500k now (they were like 2 million last week -.-) and that should change things around.

Blitzhex

Holy crap Diablo on Inferno is a joke, how the hell do I dodge that stupid giant pit of fire he drops on the ground? I can't even get out out of it before I die, I got him out of the shadow realm by luck once since he didnt cast it till the third phrase ~.~

Guessing just need more resists? I am at 600 all :(

Don't get hit by the initial fireball, ever. Watch for the unique visual and audio telegraph for the move and move away just before he casts it. If you keep Diablo on the corner of your screen at all times, you can see him waving his arms around and conjuring some fire, I usually avoid it that way.
Diablo can also choose when he wants to pop the fireball so avoid running alongside the fireball. Avoid being too close to the outside of the ground animation as well, the hit box extends beyond the ring.
Also, use the two huge ass crystals in the middle to block it whenever you can.

I did the fight with 100 resists and 20k hp.

edit: More infos
edit2: Ugh, don't know if you're melee but I kinda wrote this in a ranged class's perspective. It applies to melee too I guess, run far away when you see the telegraph for the move :D Or perhaps he doesn't do it if you're in melee range, so you can try sticking closer.

balddemon

Banned
Thanks man, edited it. How much do you think it can sell for though?
50k? check the AH to be sure tho
It's not so bad, do you have the passives that gives you vit=armor, plus armor %? You have high resists and more vit but low armor somehow. When I first got to Inferno I did some Act 3/4 Hell runs to buy a good weapon before I even could get past the wretched mothers. I'm pretty sure you can get a 700~dps one for around 500k now (they were like 2 million last week -.-) and that should change things around.
my 1h is 710dps i believe. got it for under 100k. guess i'll look into 2handers

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Really depends on what people are willing to pay. Hard to fix a price on pre-60 loot. That is a pretty amazing weapon for level 48. You just have to find someone willing to pay for something they will outgrow very quickly.

maharg

idspispopd

Because the AH is kinda busted for showing reduced clvl I think they're not worth much except for ones that came from level 60, which are all worth a lot. I've been picking up reduced level items for peanuts by doing the search tricks you need to do to see them (set min&max level to the level of item you want, then reduced level requirement to that level - yours). The only level I can't really touch this way is level 60, they're all pretty highly priced.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Because the AH is kinda busted for showing reduced clvl I think they're not worth much except for ones that came from level 60, which are all worth a lot. I've been picking up reduced level items for peanuts by doing the search tricks you need to do to see them (set min&max level to the level of item you want, then reduced level requirement to that level - yours). The only level I can't really touch this way is level 60, they're all pretty highly priced.

The item in question did come from level 60. Come to think of it, can items below level 60 even have reduced level requirement as an attribute?

maharg

idspispopd
The item in question did come from level 60. Come to think of it, can items below level 60 even have reduced level requirement as an attribute?

Definitely. I have a level 56 mace I used at level 47 to plow through the end of nightmare. Since the gem AH is still down it's definitely the easiest way to twink a low level character.

And yeah, wasn't paying attention and/or got confused by his original belief that he was using an item that was usable by 36. Then yeah, it's probably worth a pretty penny. That thing would keep you moving easily through most of hell I think.

Couple real good drops from some inferno runs today, amulet from act 1, shield from act 3.

U0qq7.png

I was looking on the AH to see what stormshield is going for, prices seem to be all over the place. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom