• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Couple real good drops from some inferno runs today, amulet from act 1, shield from act 3.

U0qq7.png

I was looking on the AH to see what stormshield is going for, prices seem to be all over the place. What do you guys think?

18% is a low block % for Stormshield, but it's still a damn good offhand.

Still... if I were to dish out millions, I'd only look for the best.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
An enterprising soul could make a killing just flipping low priced gear all day long. It's probably some economics major's idea of fun.
If I could code and had knowledge in text (image for diablo) recognition then it'd be macro city uncutting and controlling the economy using refreshing.

2GD already said one of his friends doesn't this on an item purchasing level, but that is small peanuts compared to AH filtering and auto buying stuff at lower than average prices.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Im probably just being dense, but can you be more specific? Which quest, which specific waypoint? Not totally sure which ramp or zone you're talking about

Mind sharing how you are doing this?

Black Soulstone, begin quest.

Portal to Ancient Path

koZP9.jpg

Move towards the desert plateau (to the right) until you hit this checkpoint. You may even bag a goblin on the way.

WkUYu.jpg

Portal back to town, exit game, and restart. It will put you at the waypoint at the top of the path. Work back towards the ancient path portal stone. You may find something like this:

PciXm.jpg

Put on your magic find suit and KILL IT. You will be rewarded with something like this:

cxFQb.jpg

That pic is all blues but I get 1-3 yellows doing this myself probably every other goblin. The loot seems to differ based upon the goblin type but that might be all in my head.

Grab your loot, switch back to your combat suit, hit the portal back to town if you're close or town portal, exit, and restart. Rinse and repeat until you are so sick of killing goblins you'd rather fight molten vampiric plague arcane enchanted vortex fire chain mosquitos.

red731

I need to stop spending gold on tiny upgrades and save up my gold for equipment that really improves my barb

This is me. I am buying cheap level 60 things under 40k gold and in the long run, it isn't even worth it.

I will buy stuff only above 100k now, that nephalem valor is the fortune maker.

Wallach

If I could code and had knowledge in text (image for diablo) recognition then it'd be macro city uncutting and controlling the economy using refreshing.

2GD already said one of his friends doesn't this on an item purchasing level, but that is small peanuts compared to AH filtering and auto buying stuff at lower than average prices.

There's a public bot up and running for AH flipping from what I understand. Wonder if it is outperforming the gold find pot smasher bot.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Act 3 isn't much harder than act 2 so far. Of course I'm not very far yet, but the difficulty doesn't seem to spike on the level that it does going from 1 to 2.

Not looking forward to the lickers and those things that stick tentacles in the ground though :/

Zyzyxxz

dang I didn't listen and waited to get an authenticator thinking I was unlikely going to get attacked but I got kicked off while playing and quickly changed my password and finally got the authenticator app on my smartphone. Damn assholes I was fighting the Skeleton King in Inferno.

Act 3 isn't much harder than act 2 so far. Of course I'm not very far yet, but the difficulty doesn't seem to spike on the level that it does going from 1 to 2.

Not looking forward to the lickers and those things that stick tentacles in the ground though :/

Those lickers were the most infuriating thing, oh my god. I even resorted into SS'ing before entering a room because those cunts would just 1 shot me in a blink of an eye and running all the way back to where you died gets old after the 10th time.

I literally just ran through that part, vaulting and using SS + tactical advantage to get the fuck out of dodge as fast as I can and just get to the Larder. Once you're past that shit it's pretty good, though. Loot is also significantly better, but I'm sure everyone knows this already. :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Tired of running inferno and getting crap loot you needed for upgrades back in hell? Let's play the AH flipping game until Blizzard makes it fun.

nqGi7.png

Also, make loans to friends! Charge interest at your own discretion.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I tried flipping stuff today, but failed miserably. I now have 10 items up that probably won't sell and I can't post anything new in the mean time.

panty

Tired of running inferno and getting crap loot you needed for upgrades back in hell? Let's play the AH flipping game until Blizzard makes it fun.

nqGi7.png

...why would someone censor their stats..

smh

nqGi7.png

Hi, I would like to make a loan of 1.5 million gold please. How much do you charge in terms of interest.

Will you also throw in a toaster free.

Neki

Nah, this is the greatest item:

XIrdK.png

When I saw this posted on another forum I knew I had to save it for future purposes.

Going to post this every time someone makes a stupid post in here.

Because they're not the point of my post and so people would ask this question instead of why is your dps so insane (again) I guess!

XIrdK.png

So you don't want to brag about your dps, but decide to brag about your gold?

dat swindling wizard

LordCanti

I do enjoy these Act 3 Resplendent Chest runs! EPITOME OF FUN. :(

I was at like 3m gold when they began. When I'm done selling all this stuff I'll be at more like 15m.

Maybe not that fun, but it enables the fun later.

Actually...I'm not sure where the fun is supposed to come in. It's better than what I usually do while listening to podcasts or walking on the treadmill/using the elliptical/etc (browse the internet). Come to think of it, it's kind of exactly the same as what I used to do while listening to podcasts.

Einbroch

Banned
I was at like 3m gold when they began. When I'm done selling all this stuff I'll be at more like 15m.

Actually...I'm not sure where the fun is supposed to come in. It's better than what I usually do while listening to podcasts or walking on the treadmill/using the elliptical/etc (browse the internet). Come to think of it, it's kind of exactly the same as what I used to do while listening to podcasts.

This is the problem with Diablo for me, and why I kinda wish I never bought it. It's a fine game for those who are into this. But for me? No. It's mindless and basically skill-less. Sure, you have to have decent reaction speeds and learn a bit about what's good and what's not, but in the heat of the moment the game is auto-pilot. It's all about gear. And you get gear by being lucky or playing a lot.

Only reason I'm even playing the few hours a week I am is because my friends are. And they are playing a lot more and completely blowing me out of the water in terms of progression and gear. Not to mention they're DH's and Wizards, so I'm just kinda twidling my thumb while they clear out the chest room, I join, check to see if anything's good, and leave.

Got sucked in the hype and regret it. Again, not a bad game. The music, polish, and some of the ideas are fantastic. But this kind of grindgrindgrindbrainlessgrind game is just not for me.

Edgeward

I just want to get to lvl 60 for all the good gear. I'm just gonna subjugate myself to doing nightmare Zoulton runs until I do, because Hell is frustrating me already as a monk when running into certain mobs.

I've been doing these chest runs too, 150 MF right now. Definitely can't clear out anything around it so I just have to run for it. Only me and one friend looking for chests right now. Found mostly nothing good but I did find a 900dps 1h I managed to sell for 1mil

LordCanti

I've been doing these chest runs too, 150 MF right now. Definitely can't clear out anything around it so I just have to run for it. Only me and one friend looking for chests right now. Found mostly nothing good but I did find a 900dps 1h I managed to sell for 1mil

I had to quit for the day. Game of Thrones demanded to be watched, and my hand is deformed into a claw shape from all the clicking.

This chest run really soured me on the level design. It's random....until it's not. You can farm chests, goblins, etc, because they spawn in the exact same place every time on an identical map.

The idea that the dungeons are "infinite" because of "randomness" is a joke.

This is the problem with Diablo for me, and why I kinda wish I never bought it. It's a fine game for those who are into this. But for me? No. It's mindless and basically skill-less. Sure, you have to have decent reaction speeds and learn a bit about what's good and what's not, but in the heat of the moment the game is auto-pilot. It's all about gear. And you get gear by being lucky or playing a lot.

Only reason I'm even playing the few hours a week I am is because my friends are. And they are playing a lot more and completely blowing me out of the water in terms of progression and gear. Not to mention they're DH's and Wizards, so I'm just kinda twidling my thumb while they clear out the chest room, I join, check to see if anything's good, and leave.

Got sucked in the hype and regret it. Again, not a bad game. The music, polish, and some of the ideas are fantastic. But this kind of grindgrindgrindbrainlessgrind game is just not for me.

If there's a silver lining, it's that the game might pay for itself when the RMAH opens. For....for xelios anyway.

And my brother, who has made $1140.

O_O What is he doing?

balddemon

Banned
it really sucks that i can kill anything on hell with my barb. act IV elite packs/champs give me some trouble when there's more than 2 ppl or they are nasty combos, but realistically i can handle w/e hell throws at me.

then i move onto inferno. and boy do i get crushed.

i tried getting a 2h weapon to increase my dps...that didn't go over so well at least not in Act IV hell. here's my stats with the shield and a 710dps magic sword:

here's my stats with the 2hander i bought:
the loss of those resists and armor and hp really sucks. i don't see how having 4k more dps is going to help me.
but maybe i'm doing it wrong?

it really stinks cuz i love my barb. i try and play a DH which are fun but something about wading into the middle of a bunch of monsters makes me happy

EDIT: forgot to mention that i can't stand the slow attack speed of the 2hander ..

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Killing Diablo for people, charging $450k, selling the gold.

Rinse and repeat.

That's pretty insane. I know people who are selling gold, trading it for steam games, all kinds of stuff already. But I guess with RMAH coming who cares.

What is the point of gold going to be with RMAH anyway? Someone explain?

Also I'll be tarred and feathered for blocking out my stats before RMAH gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom