• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

Saved Adria earlier with my DH on Inferno. It sure is tricky. It's like every mob is designed to murder me. But it's doable so far. Though I don't think I will be able to do Belial. Stupid Snake people.

But no way I'm ever gonna farm items in that Act. Wouldn't even know where to do that.

Instro

How long am I going to be waiting on a rollback anyway? Haven't heard anything since they had me change my password through the account recovery thing.

I solo'd butcher on hell, and holy FUCK that was awesome. Died maybe 5-6 times before I upgraded some of my gear and dropped the fat fuck. Amazing.

So finally catching up on this thread.

Yes, the thread title before was a clever (though probably too subtle) reference to blues being too good and legendaries being crap.

I'm fine with the change though.

Not in the mood now, but I'll update the OP with news/updates probably tomorrow, including a shoutout to the WinAuth - for the few people without access to one of the other authenticator options. If your computer is already compromised, it's probably not going to help much, but it will protect against some other poor security measures.

Unmarked spoilers will be allowed starting Tuesday, though I still ask people to use discretion for awhile even after that.

smr00

Banned
OMFG THEY FINALLY RECOGNIZED THE STUTTERING ISSUE. I've been posting in that thread trying to get my unplayable stuttering bullshit fixed and it seems that they're finally going to patch it soon! Woohoo!

9WQVj.png
I don't have any stuttering issues which is odd because i have a shitty 4 year old laptop.

runs surprisingly really smooth but hopefully they fix it ASAP, the last thing blizzard needs is more bad press about this game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally in Act 4 Hell with my DH. I have no idea what build to use, because I keep getting shit on. Act 3 boss was ezmode. I got 3 "challenge" achievements without trying. Act 4 is dick slap across the face.

This is a new issue for me. I'd listed 10 items before the Auction House went down for maintenance early in the afternoon, and after it came back none of my items appeared in the search results. And not just for me, before I was moving ~5 items an hour, since the AH returned I haven't received as much as a single bid, which pretty clearly indicates to me no one else can see them either (they're priced to move). On the official forums it seems that this is not an uncommon error, has anyone on here experienced this?

I can't effectively progress through Act 1 Inferno yet and I don't feel like going back and grinding on Hell any more so this kind of puts my game on hold until my auctions time out in a few days.

Does anyone else's game goes insane whenever you first start playing like 20-60 fps all over the place. So annoying.

Yeah for probably about 30-60 seconds.

KKRT00

OMFG THEY FINALLY RECOGNIZED THE STUTTERING ISSUE. I've been posting in that thread trying to get my unplayable stuttering bullshit fixed and it seems that they're finally going to patch it soon! Woohoo!

9WQVj.png

But its not hard drive issue, its their streaming engine issue...

And it was the for ages in beta and they acknowledged it many times by saying that beta client was outdated and internal build was out of this issue.
Dont really believe that they'll fix it.

spirity

And it was the for ages in beta and they acknowledged it many times by saying that beta client was outdated and internal build was out of this issue.

Hmm. The way the post is worded is odd, almost hinting at slow hard drives being the problem. But I'm sure I've seen people with solid state drives with stuttering.

epmode

See the first post of the thread for a workaround that actually gets rid of the stuttering for me: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149178443?page=1

It's nowhere near a permanent fix but it's nice that we can finally pinpoint the issue like this.

Hmm. The way the post is worded is odd, almost hinting at slow hard drives being the problem. But I'm sure I've seen people with solid state drives with stuttering.

Right here. I'm getting minor stuttering as seen in this video even when I install to a solid state drive.

Anustart

I have never been frustrated with the game til today.

On act II inferno with my DH, getting one shot left and right, blue weapons I get are 176 dps with shit stats after all the effort and 5k repair costs and 28 sec res timers this is getting to me...

Should fucking Nightmare+ DPS weapons be dropping on fucking act 2 inferno?

Grouping is out of the question because of the ridiculous buffs mobs get.

So fucking broken.

Tried disabling max foreground/bg fps? I had issues with that and disabling that helped it.

In Diablo 2 it wasn't uncommon to acquire cracked sashes in hell :/ Crap drops, good stuff drops, it's the name of the game.

Ferrio

Banned
Thing is... looking at gear on the AH. I don't see how some classes are ever going to not be one shot. Making it so the only reason you're alive as a DH is because of Smoke screen is stupid.

Been on blizz phone line waiting for over a hour, fuck this I swear!

I haven't been hacked but trying to opt out of the dial in authenticator has given me errors, so I have to call this dreaded service.

So I'm nearing the end of the second Act I believe and I have to say that Act 2, has been kind of boring and has really dragged on for me. I really hope better things lie ahead.

Saved Adria earlier with my DH on Inferno. It sure is tricky. It's like every mob is designed to murder me. But it's doable so far. Though I don't think I will be able to do Belial. Stupid Snake people.

But no way I'm ever gonna farm items in that Act. Wouldn't even know where to do that.

I feel ya man. I don't know how to counter Belial's teleport punch. It's one shot and Blizz design says I shouldn't dodge it.

Unicorn

Can someone help explain how damage is calculated.

I refuse to believe that a 2handed sword is going to be better for me than a wand and orb source.

Here is setup number 1, with a wand and source:
Take into account that my intelligence and crit damage changes compared to the set with the 2 handed sword.

2 handed sword set:

I've gone to a couple different places that claim to breakdown how your damage is calculated or what it should actually be, but i guess I can't understand where the additional "+30-85 damage" stats would come into play, particularly when an orb source is involved.

Is the 2handed sword really the better weapon to use?

Wallach

Is the 2handed sword really the better weapon to use?

The "damage" stat on your character panel is actually your average damage per second. The game does a lot of calculating for you. The 2H sword is clearly superior than the 1h/orb you currently have.

Unicorn

The "damage" stat on your character panel is actually your average damage per second. The game does a lot of calculating for you. The 2H sword is clearly superior than the 1h/orb you currently have.

but the "damage" difference is only 370.51 yet when I hover over the 2hand to compare it says "+1265.1 damage"

wtf?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Yeah, my wizard is currently running around with a 2h mace... it looks stupid with that class, but its still better than the staff or wand/orb i had. Good thing that at least my WoW mage isn't running with a 2h axe. :lol

Macattk15

but the "damage" difference is only 370.51 yet when I hover over the 2hand to compare it says "+1265.1 damage"

wtf?

I think its only comparing the 2H'er to your wand without taking into account the +damage on your offhand.

With 995 INT ... your offhand hands another like 110-190 damage.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
100 Butcher runs today... fuck. G'night!

zlatko

Banned
So I'm a level 44 Monk.

Dual wielding weapons that have about 130ish damage a piece.

6K HP
Over 2K armor
Not 100% sure on my actual damage stat though.

I'm on act 3 on nightmare and I readily get shit on. The only way I can survive is Mantra of healing and using that rune to absorb damage. I spam all my spirit pretty much on that.

Seriously though, am I massively under leveled for this part of the game? Under equipped? Do I need to just pour more into VIT?

I need a solid build/tips lol.

Macattk15

So, how much damage is it really adding when the orb just says "+11-19" ?

Like 110-190? I believe. 995 INT adds 995% damage ... so just multiply the damage numbers times 9.95 ... of course the offhand has some int on it as well that you'd be replacing ... but it gives you an idea.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
vrh2krk.png

vr28s8r0.png

vr34ik9m.png

My char

dat HP LOL

I tried spike traps + bando for the first time... stacking on top of eachother = lol

I need new weapons man and new armor with vit :|

Unicorn

Like 110-190? I believe. 995 INT adds 995% damage ... so just multiply the damage numbers times 9.95 ... of course the offhand has some int on it as well that you'd be replacing ... but it gives you an idea.

I just don't see the point. it seems broken. so, the wand and source it "should" be like 186 + 110 = 296 and the 2hand sword is 275. haha I just don't understand how this crap is being calculated when my Int is like 200 more with the wand and orb.

Beat normal singleplayer last night, probably going to devote the weekend with some bros to running Nightmare or something.

Can somebody explain what Elective Mode actually does? I don't really understand what the in-game description means.

Macattk15

I just don't see the point. it seems broken. so, the wand and source it "should" be like 186 + 110 = 296 and the 2hand sword is 275. haha I just don't understand how this crap is being calculated when my Int is like 200 more with the wand and orb.

The difference is probably completely based on the weapon speed difference too. 1.4 attacks per second with the wand vs 1.1 with the sword.

Pretty big diff.

Skytylz

Banned
2214711-capture.png

I feel like this is worth a penny or two so i don't want to under price it. What do you guys think? I'd use it but I lose 4000 dps for like 3000 life, 1.5% protection and like 2% resist in the various elements. I'm playing witch doctor by the way.

Wallach

Your damage is primarily based on the actual weapon's damage. So more INT doesn't mean more damage if the weapon itself doesn't have enough DPS to compensate.

Beat normal singleplayer last night, probably going to devote the weekend with some bros to running Nightmare or something.

Can somebody explain what Elective Mode actually does? I don't really understand what the in-game description means.

Elective Mode just means you can put anything in any of your 6 slots. There are no category restrictions.

Yeah but I'll lose alot of crit damage.. I want to get a 60% crit dmg + socket one with dex hopefully and above 900 dps+

Ah I see, your bows have crit dmg stats?
Well Xbow gets 50% crit dmg to begin with, and the high weapon damage means your impale or any skills will deal a lot more damage.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Ah I see, your bows have crit dmg stats?
Well Xbow gets 50% crit dmg to begin with, and the high weapon damage means your impale or any skills will deal a lot more damage.

each one of my 1h have 58% crit dmg + 62% crit dmg + one socket each with crit dmg gems one is 60% and the other is 45% I think

113 dex on one and 112 on the other

500 dps and 476 dps on too...

LOW dmg :(

Unicorn

Your damage is primarily based on the actual weapon's damage. So more INT doesn't mean more damage if the weapon itself doesn't have enough DPS to compensate.
I still don't understand the damage disparity when it's only 89 difference with the wand an sword. Additionally I have a source and the APS is 1.4 vs 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom