• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Improving Monk and Barbarian only drops would be a good start. Giving them something that just flat out works only for them would be the best itemization fix. Or I guess just improving them all across the board but really, really fix Monk and Barb ones :x

Making STR relevant would be nice too I guess. Something like gaining a % of STR from Vitality, or buffing Barb armor passives to includes some resists, so that you can stop looking for survival gear first and actually do some decent DPs without top of the line 20 million a pop gear. The way it is now you are forced to look for items that have All Resists -> Vit -> Physical Resist -> %dmg reduction -> Block%/Life on Hit/etc. all of which come before STR which is supposed to be your main stat.

Getting one item with good numbers in ALL of those is nigh impossible without some serious investment.

There needs to be more build diversity allowed for in Inferno in general

whether that means buffing a lot of skills or nerfing Inferno I don't know.

scy

Making STR relevant would be nice too I guess. Something like gaining a % of STR from Vitality, or buffing Barb armor passives to includes some resists, so that you can stop looking for survival gear first and actually do some decent DPs without top of the line 20 million a pop gear. The way it is now you are forced to look for items that have All Resists -> Vit -> Physical Resist -> %dmg reduction -> Block%/Life on Hit/etc. all of which come before STR which is supposed to be your main stat.

Getting one item with good numbers in ALL of those is nigh impossible without some serious investment.

STR is worth Armor still which isn't terrible. Granted, you have so much Armor as is due to the high VIT, high STR, high Armor from equipment, and a Shield but ... still. I still like to think we're just approaching Inferno "wrong" and some more diversity in equipment will help but I can't imagine that still being the case now.

I need to put more time in with my Monk, I guess, rather than farming Inferno :/

mileS

I've said this before, but I still see some misunderstanding in this thread so let me say it again:

Item stats are rolled when the item drops, nto when you ID it.

I know this because the other day I got an item and IDed it. About 2 seconds later I was DCed and when I came back online, the item was still not Identified. When I ID'ed it a second item, it was 100% exactly the same as the first time I ID'ed it.

What this means is that anyone holding unidentified legendary or set items until after the supposed legendary buff patch, you're wasting an inventory slot. It's not going to be any better after the patch.

Considering they clearly said they are only making NEW legendary items better, not going back and changing old ones, I would hope people finally get the point. If anything maybe this post will stop people from posting useless screenshots of legendary items that haven't been identified yet.

Rufus

There needs to be more build diversity allowed for in Inferno in general

whether that means buffing a lot of skills or nerfing Inferno I don't know.
Inferno turns the skill system into a cruel joke.
You cannot fuck up your character permanently any more, respec at your heart's content, great. The catch: Half your skills and most runes are useless. So it might as well be skill tree with an easy respec option...

Improving Monk and Barbarian only drops would be a good start. Giving them something that just flat out works only for them would be the best itemization fix. Or I guess just improving them all across the board but really, really fix Monk and Barb ones :x

I'm fine with the difficulty, even for my Monk, but I do have a DH and Wizard that can afford to fix any problems I run into. Most won't have that luxury. I plan to do my eventual Barb character as self-sufficient as I can.

That just gave me an idea.

- Decreases the cooldown of Revenge by 0.x seconds

Would be a great item affix. Currently every single one of the barb only item properties are pure garbage

Artanisix

IMO they should nerf Inferno a bit, buff up the melee classes significantly, fix a majority of skills for every class so they're viable (I would love to see WDs use Zombie Dogs or DHs use Sentries or Wizards use Meteor late game), and fix the loot drops.

Game feels more like a job farming for items to sell on the AH to buy items to farm with. I want to play the game, not the AH. Diablo 2 let me farm Nightmare Mephisto for gear to make it through Hell. Diablo 3 is ass-backwards in terms of loot drops. I can spend a day farming Inferno Butcher and come out feeling like I've made zero progress.

scy

IMO they should nerf Inferno a bit, buff up the melee classes significantly, fix a majority of skills for every class so they're viable (I would love to see WDs use Zombie Dogs or DHs use Sentries or Wizards use Meteor late game), and fix the loot drops.

Honestly, I think they should buff Inferno some and fix loot progression (as well as all the cheesier parts of the game). But I'm one of the crazy few.

That just gave me an idea.

- Decreases the cooldown of Revenge by 0.x seconds

Would be a great item affix. Currently every single one of the barb only item properties are pure garbage

Wizard ones are like +Blizzard duration, -Disintegrate cost, +Shock Pulse Damage, etc. They're all pretty damn good :x

Edit: I actually don't know the Monk ones. I guess the Primary skills have damage bonuses and I think there's a Sweeping Wind one.

Rufus

Game feels more like a job farming for items to sell on the AH to buy items to farm with. I want to play the game, not the AH. Diablo 2 let me farm Nightmare Mephisto for gear to make it through Hell. Diablo 3 is ass-backwards in terms of loot drops. I can spend a day farming Inferno Butcher and come out feeling like I've made zero progress.

No, you farm goblins or chests instead. Same shit. Or you farm champions and elites with five stacks of valor, which is much more enticing to me. Or it would be, if it weren't for some of the more annoying affixes. Shielded is getting really old. Really, really old. Especially if you have to kite the assholes like you do with a WD.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any other Barbarians out there who rely heavily on Seismic Slam?

Ferrio

Banned
They shouldn't nerf inferno straight up. Several things needs to be done.

1. Make a higher tier of items, and lower the tier that's dropped on each act. So the current highest stuff will drop more frequently in act I, while a new tier drops most in act 4.
2. Make it so group play is actually viable compared to solo play. Right now there's very little reason to group play in inferno.
3. Adjust some of the monsters abilities slightly. Monsters attacking from off screen with no chance to you to avoid the damage is just straight up bullshit. They shouldn't make instant attacks have a bigger range than your viewport.

Artanisix

No, you farm goblins or chests instead. Same shit. Or you farm champions and elites with five stacks of valor, which is much more enticing to me. Or it would be, if it weren't for some of the more annoying affixes. Shielded is getting really old. Really, really old. Especially if you have to kite the assholes like you do with a WD.

Doesn't change the fact that the loot drops are ass in this game compared to D2. Loot progression is so, so bad in D3.

I used it for a while, the rune with the extra range/knockback on it is pretty good. The problem is that there are so many required skills for the Barb that I have trouble keeping this on my skill bar. Feels like I have to have WotB (Insanity), War Cry (Impunity), Revenge (Provocation), and then either Leap with armor or Furious Charge (Dreadnought). Oh yeah and Frenzy (Sidearm/Maniac). Don't even get me started on the passives.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does group play even affect drop rates/drop quality in any way?

Doesn't change the fact that the loot drops are ass in this game compared to D2. Loot progression is so, so bad in D3.

I used it for a while, the rune with the extra range/knockback on it is pretty good.

I just can't give it up. I'm still just farming Act I Inferno, but it's such an amazing kiting tool for dealing with packs that are just hard to go toe-to-toe against. I use the reduced cost Rune (makes the cost 15 Fury instead of 30), combined with the Unforgiving passive Rune that stops Fury degeneration (and generates 1 Fury every 2 seconds). Using this along with Sprint (Marathon Rune) and I can kite most groups pretty effectively doing pretty huge damage with Seismic Slam.

Cagey

Banned

1. Make a higher tier of items, and lower the tier that's dropped on each act. So the current highest stuff will drop more frequently in act I, while a new tier drops most in act 4.
2. Make it so group play is actually viable compared to solo play. Right now there's very little reason to group play in inferno.
3. Adjust some of the monsters abilities slightly. Monsters attacking from off screen with no chance to you to avoid the damage is just straight up bullshit. They shouldn't make instant attacks have a bigger range than your viewport.

Amen.

#3 is infuriating. I'm concerned that when I finally shift to HC full-time, it's going to be a disaster because of this at all difficulty levels. Already playing paranoid with a Wizard on normal because of the zoomed-in nature of the camera.

On Inferno, the Heralds of Pestiliences (i.e. the ass ticklers) are barely on-screen (and sometimes hidden via shadowing effects) when they fire their tickler tentacle. And just for the lulz, their attack has a damage radius wider than the actual animation of the poison pool. I've died a number of times because I was within an invisible hit box.

scy

The fact that Act 1 Inferno loot does not require Act 1 Inferno access to use is weird to me. Fix the loophole that lets you skip Acts for Inferno (leave it for pre-Inferno because I want to plow alts to 60 faster! :x). Tighten loot drops slightly to keep out low-level loot. Yes, it sucks that you'll have to farm Act 1 to progress through Act 1 but I'd rather do that than "guess I'll farm to buy future Act stuff."

They really need to adjust shared MF in games to be like +20% of each player's MF or something. As it stands right now, more players doesn't really help you progress Inferno that much faster and it hurts your MF/GF.

3. Adjust some of the monsters abilities slightly.

I'm all for Inferno being harder and everything but ... can we just remove Invulnerable Minions? Invulnerable boss so you're forced to kill him before the minions seems like a decent compromise. C'mon... :(

RivalCore

Going to take a much needed break from this game for the next few days. I love the game, but the bullshit of Act II as a Monk has become soul crushing.

I'm trying to finish up Zoltun's quests because they're the most boring parts of the game that I never want to replay. The whole run is full of tight corridors, no room to kite or manoeuvre and some elite/champion mobs that should've never made it through playtesting.

Invunerable/Arcane/Molten/Fast? C'mon, son!

inky

I used to a lot, but at one point the damage just wasn't there for me (due to giving up DPS for resists). Sure, you have enough fury to spam it, and it is great defensively but I can't find a place to fit it anymore when there are much more crucial abilities to have.

I guess if you were to build a more ranged kind of barb, with spear/weapon throw and a 2 hander focusing on DPS it would be a must have, but again, the gear dependency makes it extremely expensive just to try out these off builds.

Blizzard should just admit they botched the launch, have shit balance, fucked up inferno, and that shit is now out of control. Then they should give us a new difficulty level that is fixed.

It was stupid to release Inferno at launch. Hell would have been fine to farm for the month or two until 1.3; Inferno obviously wasn't finished or tested properly, it should have been on a PTR and delayed (like PVP). Or Blizzard should go back to their "We will release the game when it's finished" roots.

Also, if they had "seasons" like D2, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. However, the lack of ladder season means this botched launch is going to affect things for a very long time. Hooray.

Damn. Even with just two people, mobs become quite a bit harder in Inferno.
Ya, and since everyone says this game is an MMO or multiplayer only, it's pretty bizarre that you're literally punished by the game if you choose to play multiplayer, without a reward scale up. Again, that's probably just me though.

Anustart

Where's the best spot to farm some cash in act 1 inferno? With 120% gold find after nv stacks, I still pull in a tiny amount of gold :/ Barely enough to keep up with repairs and potion spending.

Amakusa

Going to take a much needed break from this game for the next few days. I love the game, but the bullshit of Act II as a Monk has become soul crushing.

I'm trying to finish up Zoltun's quests because they're the most boring parts of the game that I never want to replay. The whole run is full of tight corridors, no room to kite or manoeuvre and some elite/champion mobs that should've never made it through playtesting.

Invunerable/Arcane/Molten/Fast? C'mon, son!

I connected last night, my friends were like I'll send you a invite, we're farming Act 1 inferno. I said no thanks, I wanna give Act 2 a try....

They one shot me.. over and over again. Back to Act 1 farming...

Witch Doctor, I need more HP 19k, more damage 16k and waaay more resist less then 200 most at the moment.

Opiate

Where's the best spot to farm some cash in act 1 inferno? With 120% gold find after nv stacks, I still pull in a tiny amount of gold :/ Barely enough to keep up with repairs and potion spending.

I have 280% GF and I farm from skeleton king -> butcher. It yields me 700k gold in a 2.5 hour run without auction items considered. I am, however, a DH, so I have a ferret pet to help.

Riggs

Banned
Blizzard should just admit they botched the launch, have shit balance, fucked up inferno, and that shit is now out of control. Then they should give us a new difficulty level that is fixed.

It was stupid to release Inferno at launch. Hell would have been fine to farm for the month or two until 1.3; Inferno obviously wasn't finished or tested properly, it should have been on a PTR and delayed (like PVP). Or Blizzard should go back to their "We will release the game when it's finished" roots.

Also, if they had "seasons" like D2, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. However, the lack of ladder season means this botched launch is going to affect things for a very long time. Hooray.

Ya, and since everyone says this game is an MMO or multiplayer only, it's pretty bizarre that you're literally punished by the game if you choose to play multiplayer, without a reward scale up. Again, that's probably just me though.

Agreed on Inferno comments. And with that said, back to farming Act I of Inferno so I can get to Act II! Later =/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I used to a lot, but at one point the damage just wasn't there for me (due to giving up DPS for resists). Sure, you have enough fury to spam it, and it is great defensively but I can't find a place to fit it anymore when there are much more crucial abilities to have.

I guess if you were to build a more ranged kind of barb, with spear/weapon throw and a 2 hander focusing on DPS it would be a must have, but again, the gear dependency makes it extremely expensive just to try out these off builds.

I'm using a 2hander with around 980 DPS or something, so it does quite a bit of damage still. I've swapped some of my gear with better starts for some resist pieces (I have around 350-450 in each resist buffed now), so my DPS has dropped a bit, but I still have close to 30k with Battle Rage on.

In fact, here's the build I'm using right now to farm Act 1:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#beXUki!VZh!YYabca

If I ever fight The Butcher, I have to swap out Cleave for Frenzy or I won't be able to kill him before the entire stage begins to catch fire.

I've tried delving into Act 2, and I can make a tiny bit of very slow progress against the normal mobs if I just kite stuff, but it's not much fun, so I'm just farming Act 1. I tried switching out my 2hander for a shield and 450 DPS sword with 600+ Life on Hit, but my DPS drops significantly. It takes probably about twice as long to kill anything, but I'm certainly not taking half damage with the addition of a shield, so it doesn't seem worth it.

Shouta

HwC2r.png

I got this from Blacksmithing with a 6 Property Helm recipe I had

scy

I got this from Blacksmithing with a 6 Property Helm recipe I had

INT is too low :x

I've yet to get a single +6 Recipe in all my farming :( I have a +5 Daibo recipe but that's all so far :/

Edit: Not counting all of the +4s, anyway.

TommyT

I've yet to get a single +6 Recipe in all my farming :( I have a +5 Daibo recipe but that's all so far :/

I'm watching people sell them... going for quite a bit. I *might* have to bite :\

scy

I'm watching people sell them... going for quite a bit. I *might* have to bite :\

I'm patient enough to just farm for awhile I think. Barring getting a ~1100+ DPS 1.7 APS Life on Hit Weapon, I don't think my Wizard really needs much besides good INT/VIT and MF% gear anyway. Might as well just keep farming for that far off goal.

Reflect damage is seriously the laziest way to make content 'hard'. Give reflect damage mobs a shield that they cast that lasts X seconds and THE SHIELD reflects damage, not the stupid mobs. So dumb how you just basically have to kill yourself (even when you're in no real danger) and then res and kill yourself again until they mobs are dead.

Hitboxes in this game are so fucked up in so many ways. Why are fireball projectiles and any spell-shaped projectile perfectly dodgeable, but spears and arrows are completely fucking stupid and you can only dodge them if you are already moving when the projectile is released.

SO ARBITRARY.

scy

Reflect damage is seriously the laziest way to make content 'hard'. Give reflect damage mobs a shield that they cast that lasts X seconds and THE SHIELD reflects damage, not the stupid mobs. So dumb how you just basically have to kill yourself (even when you're in no real danger) and then res and kill yourself again until they mobs are dead.

I believe it's "only" 20% Reflect that is still mitigated; you don't need that much Life on Hit/Life Steal% to offset it (in theory). I think the larger problem is that it takes "all damage" a bit too seriously: I had Tyrael kill me once :(

Could probably be halved and still be insufferable unless you have enough LoH/LS% to ignore it.

Shouta

INT is low but you can sacrifice some VIT in other spots for a higher INT in that, particularly gloves or boots.

I mean think about it, this has 155 VIT and a possible 23% HP Boost if a Star Amethyst (or high if you have the recipes. That's so much health in one piece, D=

TheExodu5

Banned

It's a mod that punishes glass cannon builds. Nothing wrong with it.

I believe it's "only" 20% Reflect that is still mitigated; you don't need that much Life on Hit/Life Steal% to offset it (in theory). I think the larger problem is that it takes "all damage" a bit too seriously: I had Tyrael kill me once :(

Could probably be halved and still be insufferable unless you have enough LoH/LS% to ignore it.

On both my DH and WD I have ways to go around it but they can't really expect me to kill mobs within an enrage timer if I just don't unload 3-4 times killing myself in the process.

Artanisix

A lot of the affixes are stupid. Jailer? Vortex? There's no way to "out-skill" these affixes. You flat out get hit by them no matter what and have to pop a cooldown to get out. Nightmarish? Shielding? Invulnerable? Why god.

Things like Frozen, Arcane Enchanted, Desecrator... those are alright, since you can actually avoid them. More of these kinds of affixes, less of the ones you can't do shit about.

Won

Oh..yeah...Izual only drops garbage, I forgot. I guess no Act 4 farming for now. :/

It's a mod that punishes glass cannon builds. Nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, I have no problem with it on my DH. Probably the weakest mod elites can have, but I don't play glass cannon, so....deal with it, I guess.

syllogism

On both my DH and WD I have ways to go around it but they can't really expect me to kill mobs within an enrage timer if I just don't unload 3-4 times killing myself in the process.
That's like saying monsters that hit hard are a lazy way of making the game difficult because the only way to survive is to have higher hp/resistances. Have life regen or life on hit gear instead of just stacking one stat.

scy

INT is low but you can sacrifice some VIT in other spots for a higher INT in that, particularly gloves or boots.

I mean think about it, this has 155 VIT and a possible 23% HP Boost if a Star Amethyst (or high if you have the recipes. That's so much health in one piece, D=

But but ... INT! The DPS!

Nah, that's a beast of a Helm. Especially since it is the VIT that's so high. Lower VIT wouldn't let it stand up so well; 155 INT with 70 VIT and 8% Life is worse than if it had 155 VIT with no +Life% for my Wizard (~35k HP), for instance.

Also, no wasted stats is nice. And that Armor is ridiculously good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom