• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMooMHss7W4&feature=player_embedded#!

This should walk you through it.

The serial code should be in menu>setup (write this down in case you wipe your phone)

The 6 digit authenticator code is the code generated from the app.

I read that they nerfed the spawn rate of underbridge chest but probably just anecdotal/bad luck rng.

I'm not talking about the spawn rate though, although that does seem lower. I'm talking about the probability of a yellow item being in the chest. It used to be 90-100% with this much MF, now it's like 25%, or at least it has been tonight.

aznpxdd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMooMHss7W4&feature=player_embedded#!

This should walk you through it.

The serial code should be in menu>setup (write this down in case you wipe your phone)

The 6 digit authenticator code is the code generated from the app.

I read that they nerfed the spawn rate of underbridge chest but probably just anecdotal/bad luck rng.

Hm. Blizzard is asking for a 10 digit serial code, but the serial code generated by the app (and from the vid) are 14 digits. I'm stuck here.

eek5

I'm not talking about the spawn rate though, although that does seem lower. I'm talking about the probability of a yellow item being in the chest. It used to be 90-100% with this much MF, now it's like 25%, or at least it has been tonight.

I think the rares seem lower in general from chests. I remember when that magdha chest was running. I ran it like 10 times and got a rare every time even without MF.

Mitama

Fuck act 4 terror demons. Worst enemy in the game bar none lmao. They teleport right in your face, hit you a couple times and vanish again.

So the Butcher on Inferno has fallen :) I'm kinda disapointed since there was nearly no challange despite my gear being chosen for +210% GF

Then I entered second act and realised those huntresses hit like a ton of bricks and single one of them is more dangerous than Butcher :D

Time to farm a few more milions of gold.

So the Butcher on Inferno has fallen :) I'm kinda disapointed since there was nearly no challange despite my gear being chosen for +210% GF

Then I entered second act and realised those huntresses hit like a ton of bricks and single one of them is more dangerous than Butcher :D

Time to farm a few more milions of gold.

how much can you get with 210% GF?

This is a really weird item and I have no idea how to price it. The DPS + IAS alone put it at probably worth just near 1 million , but look at the dex on it *boggle*.

xxWGm.gif

What makes it so odd is that A) it's a bow and not an xbow, and B) it has no socket.

BTW the glass cannon gameplay is really quite invigorating. You die a good bit but you learn fast how to properly juke and jive and it makes farming SO much better than melee unless you have the mega gears.

Mitama

It's a great bow. Why is it odd that it's a bow and not an xbow? The dex is really, really nice. Shame it doesn't have a socket or inherent +critical damage, but it's still amazing. Over a million easily. Maybe 2 or more?

wtf is LOH? I've been stuck with my 1k dps bow for forever now. I just saw a 1.2k dps xbow go for like 700k on the AH. Did a double take for a bit and when I clicked it, it was gone. So demoralizing, haha.

how much can you get with 210% GF?

About 200-250k gold per run in act 3 Hell from bridge (assault on siegebreaker ? ) to killing Azmodean (which also includes 3 enemies giving boss loot) which takes 40-50 minutes.

Would be faster but i only have 900 dps crossbow with 1.1 attack speed.

edit:

Act 4 hell seems to be worse gold wise for me
Act 1 inferno - haven't timed it for gold/hours yet but some champions waste lot of time so I need more gear to farm it

Wallach

Eh, most demon hunters don't use LOH. :p

If you're really on the edge of glass cannon (like 10k HP or less), yeah. It won't matter. But if you're not it really helps when dealing with reflect. Of course with the state of the game people not building glass cannon as a softcore DH is a pretty slim number I'm sure.

Mitama

If you're really on the edge of glass cannon (like 10k HP or less), yeah. It won't matter. But if you're not it really helps when dealing with reflect. Of course with the state of the game people not building glass cannon as a softcore DH is a pretty slim number I'm sure.

Eventually I'll be aiming for +vit and +@ res on my gear though so yeah, it'd be nice to have by then. I think most people just go all out on DPS and especially just dex because it's just so cheap. For end-game gear I'll be looking for IAS, crit chance and crit dmg for all the damage and also +vit and +@ res so I won't get 1-shot by most stuff. Very high dps and not dying in a single hit as a demon hunter = most powerful character in the game by far.

Neki

life on hit also trivializes reflect damage mobs like no other. I wish I had some so I could replace Shadow Power off my toolbar.

How does that work ?

Using Smoke Screen constantly to survive ?

Ferrio

Banned
How does that work ?

Using Smoke Screen constantly to survive ?

Yep, 50 disc + preparation/backup plan and you can almost have SS up always.

Only trouble is mobs that can you hit you befor eyou even know they're there (tongue things, terror demons, oppressors, fallen angels...)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Craaaaaaazy day yesterday.... good morning D3 GAF! Sorry for not being with you all yesterday.

Number45

Inferno broke me last night. Lost a 5 stack of Nephalem Valor just before the Skeleton King (because the only group I could find to refresh the timer were Mortar + Fast + Shielding, and I failed miserably on that one)... and then proceeded to be one shotted by the man himself anyway. :'(

I think I might spend some time trying to craft the Staff of Herding and do some farming before I carry on again.

BTW i was really suprised that NV doesn't carry beetween acts. I finished Azmodan and wanted to do first boss on act4 and it dissappered.

Mitama

He did it.

Very nice! I wonder if he got all the gear from farming those act 2 goblins though or if they got stuff off of the auction house as well. Very impressive if it's just from act 2 gear. For that matter, I wonder if any other classes managed to beat Belial with just act 2 gear.

You guys do know Kripp bought all his gear with money right? he spams his barb in act 2 saying look guyz barbs are fine while owning everything with his act 4 gear Lol

Wallach

Very nice! I wonder if he got all the gear from farming those act 2 goblins though or if they got stuff off of the auction house as well. Very impressive if it's just from act 2 gear. For that matter, I wonder if any other classes managed to beat Belial with just act 2 gear.

They definitely use the AH, though the reality is there is pretty much nothing on the HC AH beyond act 2. People keep that kind of shit for themselves and their cliques of the very small number of people willing to risk it at all. Almost all of the shit on the HC AH is farmed A1 gear.

Wallach

Where is all of this act 4 gear coming from though?

He isn't really using act 4 gear because nobody's selling that shit in HC, if anyone's even set foot in it. He crafted a few pieces, he got some amazing boots which were crafted I think from someone else, bought the 20% SoE and the shield. Not sure where he got the bracers but they were the lower tier base version. His 600 DPS 1h obviously isn't A4 gear, though it is a great HC weapon.

edit - lol @ "just drink peanuts"

Mitama

So I'm guessing there's a lot of @ res gear that drops on act 1 and 2 inferno? Because that'd be perfectly doable for melee characters to gear up. That's why I'm so curious about the ranged characters since they pretty much need a great weapon to DPS fast enough to not get crushed. I know Krippi got a WD but he pretty much always plays hardcore with Kripp tanking for him, right?

Wallach

So I'm guessing there's a lot of @ res gear that drops on act 1 and 2 inferno? Because that'd be perfectly doable for melee characters to gear up. That's why I'm so curious about the ranged characters since they pretty much need a great weapon to DPS fast enough to not get crushed. I know Krippi got a WD but he pretty much always plays hardcore with Kripp tanking for him, right?

To be honest HC is a pretty big flip from SC when it comes to class viability. Taking 30% less damage is a really hard thing to give up; yeah, you kill faster but that isn't often something that matters in HC. That's why Krippi didn't go with him on Belial, they don't feel confident in taking the WD through that fight right now.

Mitama

To be honest HC is a pretty big flip from SC when it comes to class viability. Taking 30% less damage is a really hard thing to give up; yeah, you kill faster but that isn't often something that matters in HC. That's why Krippi didn't go with him on Belial, they don't feel confident in taking the WD through that fight right now.

Yeah true, the 30% is huge. Had to laugh when they deleted a comment of someone saying "Very hardcore, doing ZK runs to get to level 60 and then 5 days of goblin runs". True though, ZK runs gives you a serious head start so it's kinda hypocrital when Kripp says he's done act 2 legit lol.

I think Krippi soloed up to Butcher a couple days ago but chickened out when he hit a bad elite pack...not sure if it was Butcher or SK though. I wasn't watching but Kripp and the others on the stream were telling him not to do it...He went ahead and did it anyway

I've been following the Kripp stream for a while...he's been farming goblins and taking it really slow, and he uses d2jsp to get gear, but I really don't think he's paid actual money for anything as of yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom