• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Something about attacking just feels very right in this game. I can't really explain it. Everything feels and sounds so flat in Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile compared to this.

Does the level up process every become less linear? Probably my biggest problem so far.

Also getting a bit of random stutter when walking around. No frame-rate drops or anything... but some micro stuttering. Something to do with just being online all the time?

HDD streaming. They're working on it, supposedly.

Leveling pretty much stays exactly how it is from level 1-60, honestly. It's more about the gear.

Teknoman

Something about attacking just feels very right in this game. I can't really explain it. Everything feels and sounds so flat in Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile compared to this.

Does the level up process every become less linear? Probably my biggest problem so far.

Also getting a bit of random stutter when walking around. No frame-rate drops or anything... but some micro stuttering. Something to do with just being online all the time?

Diablo series is the master of attack feedback for isometric action rpgs.

But yeah, staying away from anything related to public games...kinda surprised Blizzard couldnt take measures against stuff like this before the game released.

Varna

HDD streaming. They're working on it, supposedly.

Leveling pretty much stays exactly how it is from level 1-60, honestly. It's more about the gear.

Dang. I'm on a SSD too.

Sucks about the levels. There will be a time when you can actually swap things around at least right? :(

Ferrio

Banned
Diablo series is the master of attack feedback for isometric action rpgs.

But yeah, staying away from anything related to public games...kinda surprised Blizzard couldnt take measures against stuff like this before the game released.

Against what? There's no confirmation that hacking is happening cause people are in public games.

And if it was people with auths woudl be getting attacked too. There hasn't been one confirmed auth hack case.

Is it necessary to have to use the Authenticator on every session? I set it up like that last week as an even higher safeguard but it's a pain in the ass having to do it every time.

I think it's weekly otherwise.

Wallach

Dang. I'm on a SSD too.

Sucks about the levels. There will be a time when you can actually swap things around at least right? :(

You can do that shit right now. The OT title referring to "Elective Mode" lets you do exactly that - it's under Options -> Gameplay. Now you can slot anything you want anywhere.

Mind if you post what skills you use, and a complete version of your gear? I'm just hitting act one now(already know of the Force Armour Max HP and Diamond Skin, but I'd like to know how you kite and your gear. Heh)

You should watch twitch.tv/trumpsc. He's got wizard pretty well figured out. His build and skills are linked in stream description.

DTKT

Against what? There's no confirmation that hacking is happening cause people are in public games.

And if it was people with auths woudl be getting attacked too. There hasn't been one confirmed auth hack case.

Database hack seems more and more likely.

RDreamer

Man, I wish blizzard would fix this stupid auction house invisible auction bug. I've got a full AH, and I'm pretty sure nothing's showing up. At least my big stuff isn't showing up. Which means I came back to the game with nothing sold. Which means I can't gear up more for Inferno. Bah.

Ferrio

Banned
Think i'm giving up soon. Inferno is just not fun at all. One mis timed SS and you die. It's badly designed difficulty, making old school NES games look like amateurs.

The grinding endlessly resists/defense gear reminds me of vanilla wow. I don't wanna repeat that again.

Got my first Legendary!

Lvl 37, Nightmare.
Was playing with some people and they all dropped but me. Next fight, couple blues with a yellow.

Took them out and this dropped!
legendary.jpg

Not very high level but pretty cool for me right now :)

Shouta

I'm making some progress in Act 2 Inferno with Monk but it's still pulling teeth, more or less. 622 Resist all across the board so that's covered but 25k HP means I can only take like 4-5 hits so I gotta be on the ball with my Bubbles and heals. The Dragon Kick is a godsend though, keeps enemies off and gives me time to run and let my Bubble go up. I pop that, fight a little bit, heal and kick away again if I run low. Beaten some Elite packs that way but still pretty rough.

Mind if you post what skills you use, and a complete version of your gear? I'm just hitting act one now(already know of the Force Armour Max HP and Diamond Skin, but I'd like to know how you kite and your gear. Heh)

Sure.

Weapon:
2-hand Axe. 1012dps, +45 crit damage .90 aps

Armor:
helm: 321 armor, 126 int, 135 vit
chest: 333 armor, 138 int, 108 vit, 50 strength
glove: 269 armor, 143 int, +15 attack speed
bracer: 450 armor, 76 dex, 143 int, +231 armor
ring: 69 vit, +15 attack speed
ring: 71 int, +15 attack speed
belt: 175 armor, 70 str, 67 int, 129 vit
pants: 607 armor, 73 dex, 98 int, 184 vit, +264 armor
boots: 179 armor, 29 str, 64 int, 93 vit, +23 cold resist, 12% movement speed

Skills:
Shock Pulse --> Piercing Orb -OR- Magic Missile --> Seeker
Arcane Orb --> Celestial Orb
Diamond Skin --> Crystal Shell
Energy Armor --> Force Armor
Teleport --> Fracture
Hydra --> Arcane Hydra

Passives:
Illusionist
Glass Cannon
Blur

Total HP: ~40,000
Damage: 26,121.23

----------------------------------------------

That said, in Act I, I could do what I wanted, which was Sparkflint (+13% damage) and Magic Weapon (+15% damage), where damage was more like 40,000. Act 2 is/was/will be a 1-shot festival with that build.

I'd say everything is optional except Diamond Skin, Energy Armor and the Hydras. You simply don't make it through Act 2 without those 2 unless masochism is your thing. Even with this setup, it takes a couple of minutes to down a pack of elites.

Plan for 30-50 deaths.

Ghost23

Can someone explain to me why Blizzard's site says that there is a rune that makes Ray of Frost cost 0 arcane magic, yet when I use it my arcane goes down?

Varna

You can do that shit right now. The OT title referring to "Elective Mode" lets you do exactly that - it's under Options -> Gameplay. Now you can slot anything you want anywhere.

Actually I can't just yet. Have to unlock all the slots first I think. :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Had one of these pop out of an Inferno armor rack tonight:

HHDN6.jpg

This was one of the better mage shields in d2 iirc. Using a shield on a wizard doesn't seem like a good idea in d3, but I figure I'll use it for a bit and end up selling it while the selling is good.

That's the 2nd legendary in a row I've had drop out of an armor/weapon rack.

la_briola

jelly.

please list your armor specs. I really need to see how other people are hitting 40k base damage so I don't waste more money on upgrades that don't help.

edit: and wow at your vitality. lol

some items are pretty bad, like the boots. 12% ms are a must for me. the shoulders are bad too.

album with all but the weapon

I'm a glass canon. I'm working on getting good items with resi/armor/vit/int.

edit: I only list one ring, because they are the same.

Ourobolus

Banned
Made it to Inferno tonight with my DH. Holy hell
Diablo
was a pain in the ass with 4 people in Hell. Those clones were fucking ridiculous.

Neki

From Izual in act 4, he drops it like every time. But thats not the hard part...

Wait, does he want the hell recipe or the normal recipe though? The nightmare-hell-inferno are bought in the last quest, last acts in the respective difficulties.

la_briola

One thing about my HP.
In Act 3 Inferno you are one hit, even with 40k HP. So you need to stack mass armor, resi and vitality. Until I get better gear, I will try to do as much damage as possible. If they are dead, they can't kill me. ;)

inky

So, which one would you guys use?

A7RzZ.png

Considering those 2 slots would be filled with +38 Vit gems. With Glory Abjuration damage reduction stat goes up .1 % but of course my resistances (currently @ 300-320) go down by 32 points.

Total difference is: +42 armor (+ another 76 from vit gems passive), +300 dmg from strength. I'm guessing Rising Relic is better overall, but I wanted your expert opinion =D

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
omg...

I just witnessed the
Cow Level.

/bow Blizzard /bow

forrest

formerly nacire
Wow OT 3 already! With the game being out, Ive been pretty vacant here in the thread. I finally pushed my demon hunter past the first dungeon area in Act 3 on Inferno. Tight winding corridors with champion packs of soul rippers just wasnt much fun so Ive had more fun farting around in earlier acts.

I mean it wouldnt be so bad if you could just skip them, but some of those packs demand your life at least 20 times as toll. :( All of the out door stuff following the Keep Dungeon quests were a joke in comparison.

I stopped on the final stretch to Azmodan and will push on through to act 4 soon. Really enjoying how many viable options the demon hunter has in the skills department.

RDreamer

I really wish this game would stop giving me shitty 2 handed weapons.

I'm not even getting good ones. They're all shitty, but that seems to be the only rates I'm getting in Inferno.

scoobs

I really wish this game would stop giving me shitty 2 handed weapons.

I'm not even getting good ones. They're all shitty, but that seems to be the only rates I'm getting in Inferno.

I've come the conclusion that the odds of getting a good drop for armor is about 1/100000, and with weapons, its about 1/10000000000000000000000000000.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just finished Nightmare run. Wow some of the Act 4 minibosses were alot harder than the final boss...

Was expecting him to be alot harder.

Akim

Banned
This is a tip for people that want to skip Act II and move on to either Act III or Act IV.

Starts a game in single player in Act X quest X in hell mode, now leave your game and
go into a public game. You will now be in inferno Act X quest X. Leave game and then
resume game, and now your in single player Act X quest X but in inferno!!

is that a bug? or some oversight?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This just dropped off an elite pack in Hell for me.

qZK3I.jpg
Nice. No stats, but IAS and Movespeed are great bonuses. Hold on to it as people get enough amazing gear on other slots maybe?
2214711-capture.png

I feel like this is worth a penny or two so i don't want to under price it. What do you guys think? I'd use it but I lose 4000 dps for like 3000 life, 1.5% protection and like 2% resist in the various elements. I'm playing witch doctor by the way.
Very nice find. Vit and Life% with Dex and res all is swag.
Had one of these pop out of an Inferno armor rack tonight:

HHDN6.jpg

This was one of the better mage shields in d2 iirc. Using a shield on a wizard doesn't seem like a good idea in d3, but I figure I'll use it for a bit and end up selling it while the selling is good.

That's the 2nd legendary in a row I've had drop out of an armor/weapon rack.
Had one drop for me. Your block, int, and res all are lower end. Socket is good.
Sell it while there's not too many on AH.
So, which one would you guys use?

A7RzZ.png

Considering those 2 slots would be filled with +38 Vit gems. With Glory Abjuration damage reduction stat goes up .1 % but of course my resistances (currently @ 300-320) go down by 32 points.

Total difference is: +42 armor (+ another 76 from vit gems passive), +300 dmg from strength. I'm guessing Rising Relic is better overall, but I wanted your expert opinion =D
Res All

Petrie

Banned
Got my first Legendary. Do you guys think at this point it's worth keeping them, or should I be selling before people catch on and the market bottoms out? Is it even worthwhile for a Witch Doctor, and if not, what do you think it'll sell for?'

justicelan.jpg

Varna

So I am on my way to kill the
skeleton king
. I freed the
Templar
guy and we proceed until we kill his acquaintance. After the fight some prompt came up... I accidentally hit ESC and now he is gone and I have no idea what the thing said. Did I miss anything good?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Got my first Legendary. Do you guys think at this point it's worth keeping them, or should I be selling before people catch on and the market bottoms out? Is it even worthwhile for a Witch Doctor, and if not, what do you think it'll sell for?'

justicelan.jpg

It's ass. Sell it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So I am on my way to kill the
skeleton king
. I freed the
Templar
guy and we proceed until we kill his acquaintance. After the fight some prompt came up... I accidentally hit ESC and now he is gone and I have no idea what the thing said. Did I miss anything good?

He goes back to town if you're with a party. If you're solo you can hire him there.

zoukka

Haha playing the actIV again and the boss dialogue is so fucking terrible. I wish you could turn all dialogue off.

Also I'm searching for rings in the AH and even shitty +attribute rings are 30k minimum. I can buy +attr and +damage rings from normal vendors. Shit be wack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom