• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are prices going up? I haven't taken economics in a while or anything but with more and more people progressing through the game, I would think more and more high end items are hitting the auction house, wouldn't the prices have to be lower to sell them?

Reading about the ah/gold bots makes it pretty discouraging to proceed in the game. You can tell me to ignore it, but the way it affects the economy makes it difficult to ignore considering I can't really progress well on my own without the AH.

I know exactly what you mean. I am debating if I am even going to login after work. I mean AH steals are fun. And now I probably won't even get the chance to win something for cheap and be super excited about it. I most likely won't find any loot in A1 Inferno to be excited about. So, all I can do is go home and farm Act I until I have a crapload of gold.

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Ahh, who am I kidding, I will still play and enjoy it.
But it could be such a better experience!

isny

napkin dispenser
Why are prices going up? I haven't taken economics in a while or anything but with more and more people progressing through the game, I would think more and more high end items are hitting the auction house, wouldn't the prices have to be lower to sell them?

More and more people with the gold to buy and resell at higher prices and corner the market.

Ferrio

Banned

Bots/people are farming gold, and not high end items.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I'm really not even sure how much of the insanely priced stuff is selling. You'll see tons of 20+ million items on the auction house, but they don't look like they are moving very quickly to me.

joesmokey

Any WD able to help me out on price estimates?

cLSbD.jpg

Sorry for posting one of these, but I'm totally clueless on it.

Edit: I'm thinking either 2-3 million range, does that seem ridiculous? Nothing else on AH has as high dmg and int as well as having a socket and MF. Str stat is totally useless of course :(.

eek5

Only 20 million? Maybe I should switch to 2h.

Reading about the ah/gold bots makes it pretty discouraging to proceed in the game. You can tell me to ignore it, but the way it affects the economy makes it difficult to ignore considering I can't really progress well on my own without the AH.

http://imgur.com/a/oWKZJ

Here is the gear from a guy who 2H through inferno diablo. It's still pretty expensive imo.

edit: on the other hand if/once this build gets popular the value of the gear will triple at least lol

Only 20 million? Maybe I should switch to 2h.

That's the frustrating part. I don't mind famring. I don't even mind farming for lower level items that I can sell for money to upgrade my current gear at the AH. I don't mind the lowered drop rates ETC ETC. It's not the same as D2, but I like it non the less.

What I don't like, is that if I'm forced to play the game with the AH in mind, at least make sure the economey is stable enough to support an AH without massive infaltion.

This is not what's happening.

eek5

Any WD able to help me out on price estimates?

cLSbD.jpg

Sorry for posting one of these, but I'm totally clueless on it.

Edit: I'm thinking either 2-3 million range, does that seem ridiculous? Nothing else on AH has as high dmg and int as well as having a socket and MF. Str stat is totally useless of course :(.

Mojo market seems hit or miss. You can't sort by damage so I'm not sure what sells exactly. I got a 240avg dmg mojo for 500k just hovering over all mojos for high damage.

Everything about this game is a mess and I was actually getting bored of it. I don't see myself playing it much more unless more of my friends buy it.

Soon, gold be worth nothing and people will end up bartering items to progress.

Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well the dude in the gear screens beat inferno with a whopping ~270 all from an amulet.

Basically, when you flood a market with currency, the currency drops in value. This is called inflation. See: Zimbabwe's hyperinflation that reached the point where they actually printed 100 trillion dollar bills.

As for the inflation we're seeing on the AH right now, I think it's impossible to say how much of this is due to gold farmers. Remember that 6.5 million people bought the game, and many are nightmare/inferno level right about now. That's trillions of legitimately earned gold so far, and only 15% of that is taken out of the market (via AH fee) per sale.

Artanisix

inb4 took 20 mil gear worth of stuff to do it

inb4 it took you 3 mil worth in gear to farm a4 with oh wait

I'm not sure how much I spent, would have to look.

What is a base LoH to aim for as a Barb in Inferno per act?

Honestly depends on the type of barb. If you're sword and board I find the LoH necessary. As a 2her I have zero.

Shouta

Man, Ghom is really annoying to fight without a high Resist set as a Monk, the poison is just too powerful. Siegebreaker is a cakewalk though, lol. Did it with a 5 NV stack to boot.

Neki

inb4 it took you 3 mil worth in gear to farm a4 with oh wait

I'm not sure how much I spent, would have to look.

Honestly depends on the type of barb. If you're sword and board I find the LoH necessary. As a 2her I have zero.

each of my pieces is worth at least 1 mil, get crunched son. 16 mil to get my gear, get crunched.

la_briola

So the AH stole >3 million gold from me and my support ticket is unanswered for >24 hours. How long does it take, to get an answer?

Cipherr

Man, some poor guy on the forums must have glazed over a discussion topic or two and gleaned that resistances were vital to Inferno survival. He unfortunately didnt seem to also understand that a balance of Resistances, Armor, Vitality, LOH, Block Chance/Amount and more are all essential.

He just stacked all resistances, failed then came to the boards about not being able to clear Act 1 inferno with 1100 resistances to all.

Problem was he had 5,000 hp and 2,000 dps.

xelios

Man, some poor guy on the forums must have glazed over a discussion topic or two and gleaned that resistances were vital to Inferno survival. He unfortunately didnt seem to also understand that a balance of Resistances, Armor, Vitality, LOH and more are all essential.

He just stacked all resistances, failed then came to the boards about not being able to clear Act 1 inferno with 1100 resistances to all.

That screen is just....awesome.

inky

If by awesome you mean sad, I agree. 2k gold =/

http://imgur.com/a/oWKZJ

Here is the gear from a guy who 2H through inferno diablo. It's still pretty expensive imo.

edit: on the other hand if/once this build gets popular the value of the gear will triple at least lol

Yeah, a lot of that gear is mad expensive. It's nice to see 2H inferno runs tho, I love 2H barbs and would play mine like that if I could.

In other unrelated news, just got the legendary item of the day. A lvl 60 polearm with 313~ base DPS. Couldn't even be bothered to screen it this time around, but had to tells y'all about it.

LordCanti

Man, Ghom is really annoying to fight without a high Resist set as a Monk, the poison is just too powerful. Siegebreaker is a cakewalk though, lol. Did it with a 5 NV stack to boot.

Want to duo Ghom? I need to take him down as well. I won't lose the Siegebreaker WP right?

D3 clearly won E3.

Might as well have. Not one really big announcement during the whole thing. Unless you count that Quantic Dream thing-that-isn't-Kara.

I want one of those really awesome weapons, I know its just a game but it makes me a little pissed off people are using bots to get gold when I get it you know, by playing the game...

Any chance these bot people will get their accounts banned?

scy

Man, some poor guy on the forums must have glazed over a discussion topic or two and gleaned that resistances were vital to Inferno survival. He unfortunately didnt seem to also understand that a balance of Resistances, Armor, Vitality, LOH, Block Chance/Amount and more are all essential.

Well played. Well played.

LordCanti

I want one of those really awesome weapons, I know its just a game but it makes me a little pissed off people are using bots to get gold when I get it you know, by playing the game...

They'd just get new ones. Gold is worth enough at this point that they can take a few bans and keep on trucking.

Would that even matter at this point? Seems like it's spining out of control.

eek5

They'd just get new ones. Gold is worth enough at this point that they can take a few bans and keep on trucking.

Yeah, they pretty much pay for their account after several hours of pot smashing or after flipping a handful of items with an AH bot.

la_briola

I know people who are botting and the funny thing is: I want to report them, but Blizzards report system is so shitty, that it is not even worth trying. It is pissing me off...

LordCanti

Are the drops in a chest calculated on open, or at load? If it's at open, I've just found two resplendents, and I'm about to hit 5NV. This better be good.

BigDug13

So eventually will Blizzard institute some sort of anti-botting technology? You buy a product on the AH, and before you can purchase it, a picture of a couple words comes on screen and you have to accurately type those letters in to get your product? Same for when you find yellow and above items. "You want to loot that? Well what are these words we just displayed on your screen?"

xelios

So eventually will Blizzard institute some sort of anti-botting technology? You buy a product on the AH, and before you can purchase it, a picture of a couple words comes on screen and you have to accurately type those letters in to get your product? Same for when you find yellow and above items. "You want to loot that? Well what are these words we just displayed on your screen?"

And they call call them captchas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom