• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Truth, I have been doing this one solo a bit today and yesterday. I plan to do it ALOT today as I have made like 3 million off of it in short time. Although Im doing the elite packs and getting the best of my gear from them, and not from the chests. Took my extremely high MF items and put together a 150 MF set along with a bunch of high dps/ignores durability loss pieces lol. I pickup Tyrael at the Rakkis waypoint and see if theres an elite pack there, then go to the chest looking for elite packs on the way. If I get an elite pack I dps and a bit until I eat a one shot, let Tyrael kill the rest and loot up, loot the chest, port back to town and logout resume game.

I'm not sure I am getting this. So you start the Rakkis Crossing quest and from there do you head up to cross the bride or down towards the open field area? Where is the chest located?

Cipherr

Sad face.

Honestly, in Act 3 Inferno legitimately, it's not that big of a deal. Same loot table (or so I've read) anyway.

Certainly seems like it, Ive gotten almost as much great stuff from A3 farming in the last 2 days that I ever did farming the ghosts in Act 4. Very happy that I keep the spot open after killing siegebreaker. Means them removing the public game bug wont steal my farming spot.

My alt mage is also already level 59 and I killed Diablo on him yesterday, so he has no need for it, and my Monk is level 55 and in Act 2 hell, shouldnt really be needing it for him either. Their timing is just fine on this one.

You have to skip everytime you want to get into the Act. For instance, you get to Act 4 Inferno for ghost farming, you have to stay on that quest or you'll lose that checkpoint.
Only for that checkpoint, right? Can't people just do one quest and go to the act whenever they want?

Wedge7

I've been running Whimsyshire for the past week, and honestly, 99% of the stuff is just vender garbage. Get so disapointed, clear all the elites with ease, often get a pinata, put all MF gear, clear all the clouds and shit and get complete shit.

Only thing that makes it redeemable is that its so damn easy, compared to Act4 at least for me. Kiting in that area is easy mode.

Haunted

Man, elites on Inferno are pretty tough, huh?

^^ item drops being balanced for the auction house of a game millions play makes a pretty big difference. I think it's a fairly disappointing aspect.

Forget your hardcore Diablo knowledge for a second and just think about it like a casual player. Think about it that I have not seen a single legendary item drop in three and a half playthroughs of the game. That's insane.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

^^ item drops being balanced for the auction house of a game millions play makes a pretty big difference. I think it's a fairly disappointing aspect.

Forget your hardcore Diablo knowledge for a second and just think about it like a casual player. Think about it that I have not seen a single legendary item drop in three and a half playthroughs of the game. That's insane.

Really? Three and a half playthroughs is like what... 50 hours max? It doesn't seem that ridiculous that you wouldn't have seen a legendary. Most people won't have. I certainly haven't.

Macattk15

I was wondering about the quality and quantity of the drops in the Inferno version of the shire. Is the general opinion that it's not worth the gold to make the staff?

I've one decent ring out of probably 10 full runs. I sold the ring for 1 mil ....

Takes a lot of effort to clear it too ... not worth it imo.

I didn't believe the botting was too bad at this point till I just went to look some of it up. Yeahhhhhh things are fucked if Blizz doesn't get on it. People are chatting about Warden being activated which I can only assume is an anti-bot thing considering how cautious some people are getting atm (might have to do with the launcher update and maintenance tomorrow...not sure.)

BigDug13

Really? Three and a half playthroughs is like what... 50 hours max? It doesn't seem that ridiculous that you wouldn't have seen a legendary. Most people won't have. I certainly haven't.

I was getting unique drops in Act 1 of Normal in Diablo 2. The bigger problem I have is that even when you do get Rare drops, they're many levels lower than you are. So even when everyone is level 60 and the drops are level 60, those rare drops you're getting are still designed to be used by someone coming up about 1 or 2 Acts behind you. Legendary drops? In Diablo 2, those drops were truly Legendary and included stats and abilities you simply couldn't find on lesser quality items. The only thing Legendary items have in this game are mediocre stats and maybe a stat that isn't normally available on that piece of armor...like Attack Speed on a Legendary Helm for example.

I guess once inflation gets to a point, that will enable crafting to finally be economically viable since those prices aren't inflating.

maharg

idspispopd
I was getting unique drops in Act 1 of Normal in Diablo 2. The bigger problem I have is that even when you do get Rare drops, they're many levels lower than you are. So even when everyone is level 60 and the drops are level 60, those rare drops you're getting are still designed to be used by someone coming up about 1 or 2 Acts behind you.

I guess once inflation gets to a point, that will enable crafting to finally be economically viable since those prices aren't inflating.

To be fair, a lot of the uniques and set items you got early in D2 were pretty shitty too. Set items in particular, most were just trash.

BigDug13

To be fair, a lot of the uniques and set items you got early in D2 were pretty shitty too. Set items in particular, most were just trash.

But they still were fun to find. If stuff would drop at my level, maybe I would be excited. But there is zero chance of me finding an item that is better than what the AH has because the stuff I'm fighting drops gear that is far below my current level.

vilmer_

I didn't believe the botting was too bad at this point till I just went to look some of it up. Yeahhhhhh things are fucked if Blizz doesn't get on it. People are chatting about Warden being activated which I can only assume is an anti-bot thing considering how cautious some people are getting atm (might have to do with the launcher update and maintenance tomorrow...not sure.)

If Warden is active, they better be extremely cautious.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So eventually will Blizzard institute some sort of anti-botting technology? You buy a product on the AH, and before you can purchase it, a picture of a couple words comes on screen and you have to accurately type those letters in to get your product? Same for when you find yellow and above items. "You want to loot that? Well what are these words we just displayed on your screen?"

This has been what largely is halting my progress. I don't see any 2D auctions anymore. Almost everything is just picked dry and all that is left are overpriced/not very good items. I still manage to score a few nice pieces and got my DPS to 27000, but I'm on Act 2 Inferno, and its a bit too tough. The gear drops in it suck. I used the trick to get to Act 3, and I just don't have the DPS for it either. I get to a pack of elites and I know if I could boost it up. So I can't really farm gear that sells well or gear to use.

maharg

idspispopd
But they still were fun to find. If stuff would drop at my level, maybe I would be excited. But there is zero chance of me finding an item that is better than what the AH has because the stuff I'm fighting drops gear that is far below my current level.

Well that was basically true in D2 as well (other than the specific fact that uniques and sets were more common, but when talking about rares+uniques+set as a whole). It's just now you can trade the items that suck (for you) for ones that don't (for you). To me this makes a lot of sense and, if they can make it work, is the only way they can make an open economy work without ladder resets.

I was wondering about the quality and quantity of the drops in the Inferno version of the shire. Is the general opinion that it's not worth the gold to make the staff?

I think it's fine, and I do believe it drops act 3/4 loot. Or at least, the affixes can be max tier. It's a looooooot easier to clear it than it is for me to do acts 3 or 4, with their ridiculous mobs like soul rippers, spear throwers, those winged mobs that shoot fireballs, oppressors, corrupted angels, etc. When I made the staff ~1 week ago I had 2 million gold, and since then I've made about 20 doing a few runs/day. I haven't seen anything absolutely maxed out drop, but it's unlikely I'd see that with any real consistency in acts 3 or 4 either. The little stuff adds up too, if you check the blues you get. High dps 1hers or 2hers will sell for a few hundred k, even if they're not the crazy 1500dps+ ones with %dmg that go for millions. In the end it's just a lot less effort and death to do it over acts 3 and 4, personally.

Artanisix

Well that was basically true in D2 as well (other than the specific fact that uniques and sets were more common, but when talking about rares+uniques+set as a whole). It's just now you can trade the items that suck (for you) for ones that don't (for you). To me this makes a lot of sense and, if they can make it work, is the only way they can make an open economy work without ladder resets.

The thing is that in D2, you could farm awesome gear for Hell mode back in Nightmare mode. Shakos, Sojs, Herald of Zakarum, Vipermagi... all that good stuff dropped in Nightmare and could last you until endgame.

You cannot say the same for D3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warden_(software)

Anustart

So I just got to act 2 Inferno, and I'm wondering where I should be attempting to farm some sweet loot. I've heard of the goblins and resplendants, anyone care to elaborate? Do I need specific waypoints? If so, I better start corpse hopping :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was getting unique drops in Act 1 of Normal in Diablo 2. The bigger problem I have is that even when you do get Rare drops, they're many levels lower than you are. So even when everyone is level 60 and the drops are level 60, those rare drops you're getting are still designed to be used by someone coming up about 1 or 2 Acts behind you. Legendary drops? In Diablo 2, those drops were truly Legendary and included stats and abilities you simply couldn't find on lesser quality items. The only thing Legendary items have in this game are mediocre stats and maybe a stat that isn't normally available on that piece of armor...like Attack Speed on a Legendary Helm for example.

People are getting Legendaries in Act 1 of Normal in Diablo 3, too. What's your point? I played easily over a thousand hours of Diablo 2 and saw very few Legendary items.

Also, just because an item's level requirement is below level 60 doesn't mean that it's worthless to a level 60.

Regarding Legendary items, Blizzard has said that they don't want them to be the absolute best item in every case. They do recognize that a lot of the Legendary items are severely underpowered, though (that's not to say some of them aren't extremely good) and plan on buffing them.

I do think it would be cool if they had unique stats or attributes that set them apart, even if their stats aren't perfect.

vilmer_

The thing is that in D2, you could farm awesome gear for Hell mode back in Nightmare mode. Shakos, Sojs, Herald of Zakarum, Vipermagi... all that good stuff dropped in Nightmare and could last you until endgame.

This post needs a star and a flag ;)

Miroku

I've got ~120 hours on my demon hunter, over 50,000 kills, 2300 elite kills and I have yet to see a Legendary or set item drop.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

So you want to be able to farm content that provides absolutely no challenge (Hell) and get rewards that can last you all the way through Inferno?

BigDug13

People are getting Legendaries in Act 1 of Normal in Diablo 3, too. What's your point? I played easily over a thousand hours of Diablo 2 and saw very few Legendary items.

Also, just because an item's level requirement is below level 60 doesn't mean that it's worthless to a level 60.

Regarding Legendary items, Blizzard has said that they don't want them to be the absolute best item in every case. They do recognize that a lot of the Legendary items are severely underpowered, though (that's not to say some of them aren't extremely good) and plan on buffing them.

I do think it would be cool if they had unique stats or attributes that set them apart, even if their stats aren't perfect.

I said Uniques, not Legendaries. I have played a Monk to 52, WD to 60, other characters to 40's and I have yet to have a single Unique drop.

But I guess itemization is fine as is.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I said Uniques, not Legendaries. I have played a Monk to 52, WD to 60, other characters to 40's and I have yet to have a single Unique drop.

But I guess itemization is fine as is.

Oops!

Yeah, set items certainly were more common in Diablo 2.

I too haven't seen a single one drop in Diablo 3.

Got to Diablo inferno, solo'd act2-4.

Can't kill the fucker. Part 1 is pretty straight forward, but the shadow realm... Shadow diablo isn't too much of a problem, it's the damn Demon Hunter clones, they are extremely hard to kill without getting one shotted. Spent 2 hours tonight trying it, I managed to kill 2 clones, 3rd one got me, shadow diablo had just under 1/4 health left.

I'll get him eventually but not quite yet.

Lanbeast

Keep trucking on man. We barbarians gotta endure.

I've been telling my buddies for a good bit that I was going to restart as a Demon Hunter. Finally said, fuck it, no. I'm playing this godamn Barbarian, and I'm going to make it through inferno. Do a butcher run when I get home from work...this drops:

nTgB0.png

Not that it's amazing, but it's so high and above anything I've found for my guy.

Artanisix

So you want to be able to farm content that provides absolutely no challenge (Hell) and get rewards that can last you all the way through Inferno?

I sure would like it if at least Act 1 gave me gear for Act 2 as a Barbarian, and if Act 2 reliably gave gear for Act 3. But it doesn't.

I never played Diablo 2 for the PvE honestly. It was a means to an end. All I cared about was trying out wacky builds in PvP and making them work, such as a Rabies Druid, or a Bear Assassin.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I sure would like it if at least Act 1 gave me gear for Act 2 as a Barbarian, and if Act 2 reliably gave gear for Act 3. But it doesn't.

It doesn't often, is what you should say.

Totakeke

I don't get all the complaints about botting and that it ruins your enjoyment of the game. Is it affecting the economy? Yeah sure. But how is it ruining your game? The amount of people actually farming significant amounts of gold by botting is probably really low. And it's not like they're distributing that money freely, that money is just concentrated in their accounts and they can either sell it for real money, or buy top tier items with it which would be still limited to a small number of the population. As for AH botting, you're complaining that you can't find deals which are dependent on people screwing up and is essentially random luck anyway? If you're talking about bots monopolizing a specific item market and marking up the whole economy, then yes, but that's not the case here.

I'm not saying it's not bad, but I think people are over exaggerating the effects here.

LordCanti

I've been telling my buddies for a good bit that I was going to restart as a Demon Hunter. Finally said, fuck it, no. I'm playing this godamn Barbarian, and I'm going to make it through inferno. Do a butcher run when I get home from work...this drops:

nTgB0.png

Not that it's amazing, but it's so high and above anything I've found for my guy.

The DPS is so low that I wouldn't use it, even with an Emerald in there. 900+ DPS bows with sockets (or just natural crit %) are down around a mil. I'd sell that (for the inflated price people are often willing to pay for legendaries) and get something better.

I don't get all the complaints about botting and that it ruins your enjoyment of the game. Is it affecting the economy? Yeah sure. But how is it ruining your game? The amount of people actually farming significant amounts of gold by botting is probably really low. And it's not like they're distributing that money freely, that money is just concentrated in their accounts and they can either sell it for real money, or buy top tier items with it which would be still limited to a small number of the population. As for AH botting, you're complaining that you can't find deals which are dependent on people screwing up and is essentially random luck anyway? If you're talking about bots monopolizing a specific item market and marking up the whole economy, then yes, but that's not the case here.

I'm not saying it's not bad, but I think people are over exaggerating the effects here.

The botters have enough gold to actually corner the high end market for some stuff if they wanted to (and drive up prices). Whether or not they are doing that, who knows. Inflation is incredibly rampant right now though, to the point that I don't think botting is a small problem at all. I'd say it's already an enormous problem.

Shouta

W2ljZ.jpg

Finally hit my 2k DEX mark for my Monk. 40% base dodge, 49% with mantra is mighty sexy. Next step is to keep these DEX levels while upgrading Resist/LoH/VIT. That'll be the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom