• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly why the AH ruined gear progression.

Yea but I feel it was the opposite...AH fixed the terrible gear progression. I wasn't getting shit that was good and enemies were crapping on me in NM...Had to get a much better bow that would have never ever dropped for me to progress.

I feel if they didnt have the AH the game would play terrrrible past somewhere in Nightmare.

redhot_

Is it just me or does the higher up you go in difficulty levels in Hardcore Mode, the greater number of douche know-it-all elitists you run into and 60% of them are Monks and the other 39.999% are Barbarians?

I thought that was everyone online this game? first handful of matches i joined were people trying to tell me what abilities to use on NM...

alot of "i played D2, you must listen to ME!"

Yea but I feel it was the opposite...AH fixed the terrible gear progression. I wasn't getting shit that was good and enemies were crapping on me in NM...Had to get a much better bow that would have never ever dropped for me to progress.

I feel if they didnt have the AH the game would play terrrrible past somewhere in Nightmare.
They adjusted the drops because there is an AH. You will find far less gear than any other ARPG you have played because of that.

Bashiok said:
So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items. On one hand you have a huge benefit because you can buy and sell items very easily, as opposed to having to post up WTS threads in the old USEast trading forums, but on the other end it does impact the item pool economy with the inherent ease at which you can trade items. If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks.

Jhriad

If they didn't have the AH they'd adjust drop rates so that you would actually get okay loot at a decent clip. As it stands they've created a system designed to keep people going back to the AH for gear instead of using anything they find in the game itself.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Like I said, this has nothing to do with botting. You're having issues with the fundamental game design. Farming act 1 and 2 when there's act 3-4 gear out there on AH feels silly yes. But just because bots now exist doesn't make that much different.
Given the fact that bots have existed before D3 was released, everyone knows the game's design is root issue.

That doesn't change that botting affects the game and is more tempting than any other game.

I can log into wow this week, do something for 20 hours on my highest level character, progress, and not feel at a disadvantage while people are off botting. I can and have done it a lot the past 7 years.

If I log into D3 every time I get my ass handed to me and get a shit drop and look at how much money I have(under 20 thousand right now), it's a constant reminder at how much of a disatvantage I am experiencing.

More people will bot and things will get worse. And I will probably quit.

inky

haha look at this trash that i just found

KFwn9.png

Wanna trade?

NgGz7.png

BigDug13

If they didn't have the AH they'd adjust drop rates so that you would actually get okay loot at a decent clip. As it stands they've created a system designed to keep people going back to the AH for gear instead of using anything they find in the game itself.

The entire reason people kept playing D2 was to gear up a bad ass character though. And being able to do that yourself in-game has been eliminated. So what will keep people playing this one?

sleepykyo

Tinfoil hat: If they didn't have the AH, they wouldn't have intentionally designed to the drops to be as bad as they are. Game requires you to be level 50 for hell (beaten as lvl 49 and got the message), drops are lvl 44 which can't be put toward crafting for hell items. And lvl 55 drops and lvl 55 merchants in inferno.

Without the AH, surely they wouldn't have intentionally set the drop levels one tier behind and have such horrible itemization. eg. Bows getting strength and 2 handed weapons giving an intellect bonus instead of dex on bows, str on 2 hand and int on wands.

vaelic

Banned
gaf please help. I'm on act 1 HELL and I keep dyeing as a Barbarian. what do I need to purchase to stay alive? I only have 380k...

ihNyy8kEw4Rii.jpg

I didn't believe the botting was too bad at this point till I just went to look some of it up. Yeahhhhhh things are fucked if Blizz doesn't get on it. People are chatting about Warden being activated which I can only assume is an anti-bot thing considering how cautious some people are getting atm (might have to do with the launcher update and maintenance tomorrow...not sure.)

The maphack looks incredible, like almost as if it was a natural extension of the game.

Tinfoil hat: If they didn't have the AH, they wouldn't have intentionally designed to the drops to be as bad as they are. Game requires you to be level 50 for hell (beaten as lvl 49 and got the message), drops are lvl 44 which can't be put toward crafting for hell items. And lvl 55 drops and lvl 55 merchants in inferno.

Without the AH, surely they wouldn't have intentionally set the drop levels one tier behind and have such horrible itemization. eg. Bows getting strength and 2 handed weapons giving an intellect bonus instead of dex on bows, str on 2 hand and int on wands.
It's not tinfoil at all. I posted a quote from Bashiok just a few posts ago. That's how this game works.

Bashiok said:
So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items. On one hand you have a huge benefit because you can buy and sell items very easily, as opposed to having to post up WTS threads in the old USEast trading forums, but on the other end it does impact the item pool economy with the inherent ease at which you can trade items. If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks.

rCIZZLE

Pets and PVP.

First pvp has to be fun and balanced... which means it'll probably be a long way out. As much as I hate to say it, they should just forget about pvp for a few months at least. The economy needs fixing and they need to put some kind of bot prevention. They should also look into a ladder reset. Maybe not a full one but at least with the gold/items.

BigDug13

That's a real shame. All really to gear up for the release of the RMAH no doubt.

Diablo 3 has so many fantastic elements, too. Just a few fundamental decisions that make it so much worse.

(I still go home and play D3, but the frustration stems from the fact that this game could have been amazing. Also, no desire to play Inferno difficulty at all since hours of farming gold or items to game the AH is required.)

Haunted

You have it completely backwards. You can't praise them for the solution to a problem that only exists because they wanted to force its solution on you in the first place.

There's few things that piss me off more than fucked up drop rates in Action RPGs. (Monster Hunter says hi).

That's a real shame. All really to gear up for the release of the RMAH no doubt.

Diablo 3 has so many fantastic elements, too. Just a few fundamental decisions that make it so much worse.

(I still go home and play D3, but the frustration stems from the fact that this game could have been amazing. Also, no desire to play Inferno difficulty at all since hours of farming gold or items to game the AH is required.)
Takes the words right out of my mouth. Completely agreed.

If I continue to play this, it'd probably be with a new character.

BigDug13

First pvp has to be fun and balanced... which means it'll probably be a long way out. As much as I hate to say it, they should just forget about pvp for a few months at least. The economy needs fixing and they need to put some kind of bot prevention. They should also look into a ladder reset. Maybe not a full one but at least with the gold/items.

I was under the impression that "ladder resets" would never happen in this game. Something about resetting items people will be paying RM for soon.

Basically, when you flood a market with currency, the currency drops in value. This is called inflation. See: Zimbabwe's hyperinflation that reached the point where they actually printed 100 trillion dollar bills.

As for the inflation we're seeing on the AH right now, I think it's impossible to say how much of this is due to gold farmers. Remember that 6.5 million people bought the game, and many are nightmare/inferno level right about now. That's trillions of legitimately earned gold so far, and only 15% of that is taken out of the market (via AH fee) per sale.
thanks for the reply (and others too). Don't know why I didn't think of this, I feel dumb.

rCIZZLE

I was under the impression that "ladder resets" would never happen in this game. Something about resetting items people will be paying RM for soon.

Ladder reset doesn't take away the items, it just puts them on "nonladder" which stays the same. In fact a lot of very early ladder items in D2 that were moved to nonladder were later patched for future ladder seasons making the old (and usually more powerful) version very expensive.

Anustart

A little off topic and a little on topic here, but my friend just mentioned to me in passing that Tenacious D had a new album out, which had somehow slipped by me unknown. Well I put that album on and start playing, and I must say, Diablo and Tenacious D mix like PB and J!

EDIT: To be more on topic, I would LOVE if Blizz implemented the ladder again. In D2 I only played ladder characters. I just loved the notion that everyone was starting from scratch again, sans the bots of course which would be harvesting zods en masse soon after reset :/

goldensun

Boy I sure hope this catches on. I've been feeling super generous lately so I'm gonna try this out and see if you guys follow up with actually entering :p Don't judge my shitty photoshop skills!

Ct39O.png

What is it? ||| I've decided that instead of selling my good drops I get from farming, I will choose (at random) one member that has opted in my giveaway to select any one item of their choosing from my current stash to have for free!

When is it? ||| Whenever I post it! I'll randomly post in any D3 OT that's currently running and say that the giveaway has begun. After that, all you need to do to enter is send me a private message and say you're in for the drawing! I'll announce who's been selected approximately 4 days after I make the post in the topic.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! ||| Because I love yah GAF!

P.S. I have various items for all classes, so don't worry about not having something for your class. And if there's absolutely nothing you need, just take something that'll sell on the AH for a million (or in some cases millions :p).

Miroku

Has anyone else seen the "combat vs elite monsters has become more difficult" feature?? Unreal, getting forced to quit my game like that.

LordCanti

Has anyone else seen the "combat vs elite monsters has become more difficult" feature?? Unreal, getting forced to quit my game like that.

The enrage timer with the skull and crossbones over their heads?

Yeah, that's just a large FU to the player, directly from Blizzard.

Gotchaye

I'd love it if I had the option to play on a realm separate from normal trading or the AH. Kind of like hardcore, except instead of permadeath you start with +300% MF and get a 4x bonus on all MF you get from items or buffs at the cost of no AH and no ability to securely trade. Dropping items on the ground for other players to pick up is kosher, but gold can't be transferred in any way. I'd be having a whole lot more fun playing with just friends.

The other thing I would have liked done differently is the item progression. Inferno should be an optional difficulty and shouldn't drop anything unobtainable in Hell Act 4. You should just get a MF/GF bonus or something based on the act of Inferno you're in, like innate NV stacks.

Yea I guess you guys are right if they intentionally made the drops shitty. I don't play as many of these games. I agree its annoying I keep dieing cause I cant find better gear and cant afford better gear. Saved up like 600k gold forever for my ~750DPS bow.

Wedge7

Yea I guess you guys are right if they intentionally made the drops shitty. I don't play as many of these games. I agree its annoying I keep dieing cause I cant find better gear and cant afford better gear. Saved up like 600k gold forever for my ~750DPS bow.

That must have been a while ago, or I've been fucking up bad when I vender bows under 950 dps.

Narag

You can reset it by going back to town, I thought. You can abuse it too if you can burn down one, reset, then you'll have one fewer of the pack to deal with.

gaf please help. I'm on act 1 HELL and I keep dyeing as a Barbarian. what do I need to purchase to stay alive? I only have 380k...

ihNyy8kEw4Rii.jpg

I am 48, and have 2900 dps and have 19000 hp. I just bought all of my 50 - 54 gear for under 100k. You should be able to gear up at the auction house.

Haunted

That must have been a while ago, or I've been fucking up bad when I vender bows under 950 dps.
auction house working like intended

/bitter

I'll stop now to cool down a bit. This hasn't been a good start to the week with E3 disappointing etc.

Miroku

Pretty much. Ran into a couple packs of elites all at once in the Oasis and there was no avoiding them, had to go on a long ass run back every time I died to try and pick them off one by one but no the game just said fuck you, die in one to two seconds if you even share the same screen space. Literally nothing I could do but leave the game.

I dunno possibly, it did have all the stuff I wanted +dex + vit +IAS +hatred regen. its solid it like doubled my to 18K I think.

Looking at 1000-1200 dps bows with the same stuff on it and they are all MILLIONSSSSS

Dreavus

I heard about the Butcher doing this in Inferno, but I never saw it in action. When I saw a regular elite pack in Act II Inferno declare I was "out of time" (I'm pretty sure that's the name of the buff they get), and drain my health for no reason, I seriously lost interest in playing. So completely fucking stupid.

I guess i dont know what to search for on AH.. hmmm

For Barb, till I get to Inferno I focus on the following stats. Strength, Vitality for all of the gear. You can look for all resist as well. Attack speed on gloves and weapon. You can usually find good deals fo between 15k and 30k on ah.

tuxor

Neo Member
Anyone feel like playing with me (level 53 barb in hell) RIGHT NOW?

also, i just realized i sold my shield/1-hander. this will be fun.

Narag

So I finally found something more annoying than Act II Inferno.

Farming the rest of the stuff I need for the staff of herding is just tedium. Been about two hours of trying to pop Chiltara so far.

Are rare/unique monsters and rare drops tweaked for Hardcore?

I seem to be running into a lot more yellow enemies and getting a lot more rare drops, with a magic find only a little better than my non-HC character. Not sure how far I'm going to take it. I'm extremely Overpowered for Normal at the moment, but you know, better than dying and stuff, and everything I buy I sell back for about the same once I upgrade a few levels later.

Rolling with Kormac since nightmare has driven me a bit mad. If there's a way to just mute him, that would be great.

Pic related. 10 minutes in paint. I hear this a dozen times an hour.
Gentlemen_template_by_TheShupaMalleo.png

Jhriad

So what will keep people playing this one?

Nothing. I already quit and that was just when all of my friends starting using the AH for everything in Nightmare. Didn't feel like falling further into that quagmire when we moved to the next two difficulties. I really want to play but some of the design decisions they've made with this game leave a sour taste in my mouth whenever I even think about playing.

thespot84

So my Monk just hit 60:

24k-28k health depending on mantras/buffs
11k DPS
85 all resists
4500-5500 armor depending on buffs

and I cannot kill a pack specials in inferno to save my life. I might get lucky if they're just fast electrified or something but fire chains? molten? desicrator? GG. Does it really all come down to build (i've tried everything) or do monks just blow after 60 solo?

EDIT: also, is there any easier way to post pics of gear and builds etc other than just print screen and photoshop?

So my Monk just hit 60:

11k DPS
85 all resists

and I cannot kill a pack specials in inferno to save my life. I might get lucky if they're just fast electrified or something but fire chains? molten? desicrator? GG. Does it really all come down to build (i've tried everything) or do monks just blow after 60 solo?

EDIT: also, is there any easier way to post pics of gear and builds etc other than just print screen and photoshop?

Run like a bitch. All defensive buffs. Up your dodge chance. Serenity, recharge, serenity. Up your resistances. Up your DPS. Try a shield if you aren't using one and you can take off Guardians Path in favor of All as one.

Makes millions of gold because you can't advance past Act I.

Note: Bitter monk tears too poor/weak for Act II and not willing to farm, so switched to alts.

So my Monk just hit 60:

11k DPS
85 all resists

Post your build. I was able to handle elite packs in act 1 with the same stats. ...you need to kite a lot with those stats though (sucks as a melee class but what are you going to do?)

HenryHSH

All this bot talk made me look it up. Found a forum where people are talking about doing jar runs and making 700k gold per hour. Yeah, I think I'm done with this game for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom