• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will most likely need to change it up. My two most common builds were as follows (for Inferno only!):

Kiting: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lRYXOS!WXY!bbZaYZ
Damage dealing (used much less frequently): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bcYXOS!cXY!bYZaYZ

Note that this is Inferno specific really, I am not sure how efficient this would be outside of it as it is very well made for surviving and kiting a lot.

For Hell, I did something like....

Direct Damage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#biYXQS!cXY!bZZaZZ
Really fun mass AoE:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bkYXQS!eXY!bbZZZZ

These aren't the end all, be all of Wizard builds, but they worked well for me. Everyone has a different style, but there are some skills for Inferno that are a staple (such as Energy Armor/Force Armor Rune to avoid one shots), as well as Enchant Weapon because of the insane scaling as you get more damage.

Thanks!

eek5

The enrage timer with the skull and crossbones over their heads?

Yeah, that's just a large FU to the player, directly from Blizzard.

The whole enrage/out of combat system is so fucked up. Sometimes I'll run into an elite pack, clear out the trash mobs so I can face them without getting hit by 20 things at once then enrage 30 seconds into the fight. Other times I'll die and have to run back to the spot where they were and they'll be at full health again. A minute into the fight they'll enrage. Seriously? Not to mention some of the combos which make champion packs just not doable in 4 minutes for some classes. Big FU indeed.

Cipherr

The whole enrage/out of combat system is so fucked up. Sometimes I'll run into an elite pack, clear out the trash mobs so I can face them without getting hit by 20 things at once then enrage 30 seconds into the fight. Other times I'll die and have to run back to the spot where they were and they'll be at full health again. A minute into the fight they'll enrage. Seriously? Not to mention some of the combos which make champion packs just not doable in 4 minutes for some classes. Big FU indeed.

I like the enrage as a concept, although maybe it should have just been a heal to 100% instantly instead of massive AoE damage killing you.. That seems a bit like a "Fuck you" thats really unnecessary. The timer on it should be doubled though.

Sothpaw

I swear Act 2 Inferno is going to give me a brain aneurysm.

I absolutely loved D3 until I got to Act 2 Inferno. Last night I killed Belial, and I am now half way through Act 3. Honestly though, playing Inferno on my WD is not fun. I can get through just fine, but it is a constant kite fest. Really not enjoyable at all. I know I can get through Act 3 and even beat Diablo if I try, but if I am not having fun then what is the point?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Taking a break from my 60 Monk, and playing my Wizard. Got to 45 today. Played a bunch of public games, and was embarrassed to find that I was dying less than a lot of the guys I was playing with. Granted, there weren't many melee classes that joined, but most of the time I was cleaning up elites on my own while my partners ran back.

Wizard seems pretty damn OP.

I try to not look at such things. Reality is always very painful, but man it feels like the AH was replaced with another AH over the last weekend. I can't seem to afford anything on there anymore. :(

Weird you say that, because I just bought a new weapon and some new bracers for under 11k combined for my Wizard. Lots of 500k buyouts on underpowered eqp, but I'm a bargain hunter. I don't like splurging on one piece of gear, unless it's amazing (and I'm heading into Inferno or something).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Also forgot but should I be going for +cold gear or should I switch frost beam to the arcane one since it seems arcane dmg gear is a lot more common, but maybe I am wrong. Have yet to find any +cold dmg pieces.

I'm sorry but what do you mean by +cold gear? + Arcane gear? If you mean on weapons that is irrelevant.

Taking a break from my 60 Monk, and playing my Wizard. Got to 45 today. Played a bunch of public games, and was embarrassed to find that I was dying less than a lot of the guys I was playing with. Granted, there weren't many melee classes that joined, but most of the time I was cleaning up elites on my own while my partners ran back.

Wizard seems pretty damn OP.

Weird you say that, because I just bought a new weapon and some new bracers for under 11k combined for my Wizard. Lots of 500k buyouts on underpowered eqp, but I'm a bargain hunter. I don't like splurging on one piece of gear, unless it's amazing (and I'm heading into Inferno or something).

You're 45....

End game gear is what keeps rising and rising. Leveling is so fast people barely even bother to gear up in between.

RDreamer

Again I say the matchmaking here is abysmal. I want to play with 4 people. I join a game and it's only one other person... Ugh. Oh well I suppose I can play. Well, clearly he's completely afk. So, I leave and click public game again. I'm put right back with that same guy... ugh. So I quit and rehit public game again. Same guy. Fuck.

Yeppers

Well Gaf, I'm done with the game. Stripped my 260k dps DH, ended up with about 110 mil plus auctions that will eventually net me another 50-60 mil. Just not much to do once you can clear inferno easily, and the itemization is just boring. By now you are probably thinking I botted or purchased all my gold, but the reason I am making my post is to give you all a tip!

I made most of my gold off crafting. I see so many negative posts about crafting, and yet there is a ton of potential. The big recipe is 6 property gloves. I bought that recipe, and quickly made 7 mil profit. I realized how awesome that was, so I bought 20 mil in crafting mats on d2jsp. I ended up making 30-40 mil in 24 hours. I could of kept going for more, but honestly my interest in this game is pretty much dead so I cashed out. I can't promise you will make gold off the glove recipe, it is gambling after all. Either way just thought I would share how I made a ton of gold quickly since I am out of the market now.

scoobs

I absolutely loved D3 until I got to Act 2 Inferno. Last night I killed Belial, and I am now half way through Act 3. Honestly though, playing Inferno on my WD is not fun. I can get through just fine, but it is a constant kite fest. Really not enjoyable at all. I know I can get through Act 3 and even beat Diablo if I try, but if I am not having fun then what is the point?

inferno is supposed to be the end game, if it was easy and you didnt have to kite stuff... you'd be done with the game and there'd be nothing left to do. I for one welcome the impossibly hard end to act 3. I feel like it will take months to beat, and thats totally cool with me.

Soul Rippers are the worst enemy in the entire game. I don't care what class or build you are, you're going to get to act 3 inferno and they WILL appear as chained fast molten extra health elites and ruin your day. No exceptions. EDIT: Go ahead and reset the dungeon, they'll still be there.

HenryHSH

inferno is supposed to be the end game, if it was easy and you didnt have to kite stuff... you'd be done with the game and there'd be nothing left to do. I for one welcome the impossibly hard end to act 3. I feel like it will take months to beat, and thats totally cool with me.

So you're ok with being hit off screen and dying before you know what hit you? Good for you, I think this shit is broken.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Need a good build to kill the Butcher inferno with my wizard. My dps is only 7k.

I think you answered your own question here.

So you're ok with being hit off screen and dying before you know what hit you? Good for you, I think this shit is broken.

1. Buff equipment so you don't get 1-shotted by them
2. Drag them to an area of the map you don't need to pass through and let them kill you

Narag

Soul Rippers are the worst enemy in the entire game. I don't care what class or build you are, you're going to get to act 3 inferno and they WILL appear as chained fast molten extra health elites and ruin your day. No exceptions.

Invulnerable minion soul rippers make me die inside. I killed the leader but one didn't despawn so I was being chased around the dungeon by an invincible soul ripper. Good times.

scoobs

its hard as hell for sure, and totally unfair. But when you actually figure out a way to kill the pack (or find a way around them) it can be rewarding. I ended up getting a stupidly good ring off a pack i spent 40 minutes on trying to kill lol. 10million gold for my troubles!

Sothpaw

I can beat it though. The problem is that it's not an enjoyable process. To each their own though.

Edit: To clarify, the trash mobs are fun to kill in Inferno. The problem is fast/invul/shielding. Just not fun to kite as far as I'm concerned.

Invulnerable minion soul rippers make me die inside. I killed the leader but one didn't despawn so I was being chased around the dungeon by an invincible soul ripper. Good times.

Invulnerable minion anything is a joke. What's the point of them anyway? A nuke/defense check? There's no way to keep them from piling on the hurt except for kiting them from heaven to hell, and as you mentioned, if you don't do a proper head count before you take down Mr. Yellow, the straggler who got caught up on the level geometry is going to do some epic trolling.

maharg

idspispopd
I'm not sure why people think that the normal auction house will die when RMAH comes out. Stuff might be more expensive on it because of the inefficient conversion of gold to cash, but demand will still be high enough to support a market, so long as game gold can be converted to cash at all. Not everyone's gonna be willing (or, for that matter, able) to tie their D3 game to a paypal account.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You're 45....

End game gear is what keeps rising and rising. Leveling is so fast people barely even bother to gear up in between.

And I have a 60. I'm still able to find stuff for my Monk when I look.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Firey brimstones are for legendary recipes, I guess? Got a windforce on a seigebreaker run just now. Wondering if I should sell it for a little bit of extra change, or if maybe it's worth more to salvage it to get the guaranteed firey brimstone.

Well Gaf, I'm done with the game. Stripped my 260k dps DH, ended up with about 110 mil plus auctions that will eventually net me another 50-60 mil. Just not much to do once you can clear inferno easily, and the itemization is just boring. By now you are probably thinking I botted or purchased all my gold, but the reason I am making my post is to give you all a tip!

I made most of my gold off crafting. I see so many negative posts about crafting, and yet there is a ton of potential. The big recipe is 6 property gloves. I bought that recipe, and quickly made 7 mil profit. I realized how awesome that was, so I bought 20 mil in crafting mats on d2jsp. I ended up making 30-40 mil in 24 hours. I could of kept going for more, but honestly my interest in this game is pretty much dead so I cashed out. I can't promise you will make gold off the glove recipe, it is gambling after all. Either way just thought I would share how I made a ton of gold quickly since I am out of the market now.

That sounds like one would need about 20 million in initial gold. That much is hard to come by, did you already have fg available for conversion at start?

Yeppers

That sounds like one would need about 20 million in initial gold. That much is hard to come by, did you already have fg available for conversion at start?

I was lucky enough to pick DH as my starting class so I made alot of gold in the first week of release. I do agree that the barrier to entry on the glove market is what is keeping it profitable for now. You will have to hunt down the plans on a forum like d2jsp and pay 5-8mil for them, then have enough mats or enough gold to buy them for 30-40 sets of gloves. When the commodity AH gets setup the crafting market will be flooded and only the best of the best will sell for anything.

I was lucky enough to pick DH as my starting class so I made alot of gold in the first week of release. I do agree that the barrier to entry on the glove market is what is keeping it profitable for now. You will have to hunt down the plans on a forum like d2jsp and pay 5-8mil for them, then have enough mats or enough gold to buy them for 30-40 sets of gloves. When the commodity AH gets setup the crafting market will be flooded and only the best of the best will sell for anything.

I will take note, thank you for your tips! As a Barbarian, I'm struggling to find my place but now I plan to go the crafting route for income.

rofl

Used the glitch to get into act 3 and 4 in Inferno, I don't think I have the patience to find these chests and farming spots, I die way too fast

tch

I think you need minimum ~13k dps to kill butcher otherwise the entire arena starts burning before you can kill him.

Just bought a weapon off the AH, DPS of a little under 12k and I beat him. Feel like I cheated I wasn't planning on ever buying off the AH :/

Paches

You could buy the gear to kill Inferno Diablo for less than 20 million and after that, what is really the point? I guess level some other characters up, but by that time the market will be flooded with cheap and amazing gear for your other guys.

FtHTiny

I can beat it though. The problem is that it's not an enjoyable process. To each their own though.

Edit: To clarify, the trash mobs are fun to kill in Inferno. The problem is fast/invul/shielding. Just not fun to kite as far as I'm concerned.

Again, you are not forced to kill every pack if it is not fun for you.
Pull it away and don´t think about it again.

On the matter of being oneshot of the screen. It´s inferno you need gear, basically lvl 60 gear on every slot with decent rolls on it. 40k hp with every class (besides dh) in act 3 and higher and nothing oneshot you. And it´s totally possible to get 40k hp with over 40k dps.

Cagey

Banned
Just sold a legendary helm for $150.

As someone who never played any MMOs, holy shit @ people.. video games are srs business.

As someone who played MTG on-and-off his whole life, that's peanuts.

ch0mp

Just sold a legendary helm for $150.

As someone who never played any MMOs, holy shit @ people.. video games are srs business.

As someone who played MTG on-and-off his whole life, that's peanuts.
People were doing this back in D2 too. And the items were gone within a week.

Cagey

Banned
People were doing this back in D2 too. And the items were gone within a week.

Ah I should have added D2 as part of the MMO statement. I quit D2 b.net a few months after D2X launched, played exclusively untwinked files on LAN with friends.

I've never experienced anything like this outside of cardboard crack.

Mitama

You could buy the gear to kill Inferno Diablo for less than 20 million and after that, what is really the point? I guess level some other characters up, but by that time the market will be flooded with cheap and amazing gear for your other guys.

Finishing inferno isn't the endgame at all though. Endgame is the grind for crazy loot and creating insanely overpowered characters.

glaurung

Reached the end parts of Act III last night. The difficulty has really spiked and the phasebeasts really go to town on me. The most dangerous mix is a pack of phasebeasts, some minor critters and a rare monster somewhere in the party.

I should start upgrading my equipment and let my magic find percentage drop to zero.

Mitama

Andariel's Visage w/ 190 dex and 12 IAS. If I had gone the sell, get gold, sell gold route, I could have gotten more... but this was a lot cleaner.

http://imgur.com/BNqDo

Ah, gotcha. Very nice helm but crazy indeed that people actually pay that much for a unique helm. For insane amulets and rings I'd understand since there's so many variables involved but on an item with so little randomization? Crazy! Congrats on the sale! :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This barb is selling his gear.

Dat 1h.

FNYoB.png

tTyQr.png

kqiRY.jpg

Finished Act 3 hell tonight. Some of the elite combos in Tower of Cursed/Damned were so fucking stupid I had to restart cause there was no possible way I saw myself winning. Eventually I got some of the easier elite attributes and got through, Of course the spider chick and Azmoden were soooo easy compared to the rare combos I had to fight to get to them lol.

Cagey

Banned
http://imgur.com/BNqDo

Ah, gotcha. Very nice helm but crazy indeed that people actually pay that much for a unique helm. For insane amulets and rings I'd understand since there's so many variables involved but on an item with so little randomization? Crazy! Congrats on the sale! :D

Hah yeah that's the item, posted on the main D3 board Blizzard runs. Thanks. Feels good knowing I paid for D3 threefold. Feels bad when I take money made v. hours played (including AH browsing) and realize it's like $1/hr.

EDIT: I found it on the AH yesterday for 9m and snap-purchased it. It gave me a nice 8K DPS upgrade over my old helm, but uh... yeah I'll take the money and run.

This barb is selling his gear.

Dat 1h.

Holy hell that LPH. I have to think Blizzard is going to nerf LPH down to what life leech is right now on Inferno (1/5th?), as LPH is proving immensely powerful.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I sold 10m at $11/per to a person on the D3 forum after the helm sale. Just vet, go second, etc.
vet?

Seems hilarious to sell gold on Blizzard's forum. I used Steam before and someone though I was a scammer since I was asking for PP Gift. Traded two people and they didn't even ask for verification. This is why people get scammed.

Yeppers

I sold 10m at $11/per to a person on the D3 forum after the helm sale. Just vet, go second, etc.

Couldn't they just do the trade then dispute the payment on paypal afterwards? Digital trades are hard to prove and paypal almost always sides with the buyer.

joesmokey

Found plans for Exalted Grand Mystical Staff today. Made 3 of them, only the first one was decent (1k dps with good +int and +vit stats). However since no one really needs 1k dps 2hr anymore, I was only able to sell it for 300k gold. The other two staves were pretty garbage. They had amazing stat modifiers (+100s all around) but only 400~500 dps.

I like the RNG gamble for crafting, but at 171k gold, 58 essences and 11 tears, it's definitely hard to break even.

Can you craft 1200dps+ staves with these plans if you're lucky enough? Or are crafted items not supposed to belong to the highest quality tier of loot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom