• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

vet?

Seems hilarious to sell gold on Blizzard's forum.

Yea... it's a very weird feeling reading this page... like dirty somehow... but blizzard is totally cool with it?

I wonder how it all affects the in game economy... or what's gonna happen when rmah opens up

I bet a ton of people spend a bunch of money to buy everything they want and then immediately get bored and quit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Couldn't they just do the trade then dispute the payment on paypal afterwards? Digital trades are hard to prove and paypal almost always sides with the buyer.
That's why you need it sent Personal and Gift/Payment Owed/etc. from the other party.
Found plans for Exalted Grand Mystical Staff today. Made 3 of them, only the first one was decent (1k dps with good +int and +vit stats). However since no one really needs 1k dps 2hr anymore, I was only able to sell it for 300k gold. The other two staves were pretty garbage. They had amazing stat modifiers (+100s all around) but only 400~500 dps.

I like the RNG gamble for crafting, but at 171k gold, 58 essences and 11 tears, it's definitely hard to break even.

Can you craft 1200dps+ staves with these plans if you're lucky enough? Or are crafted items not supposed to belong to the highest quality tier of loot?
Pretty sure staves are bad? Armor is much better for crafting iirc and staff as a wep no one uses for whatever reason.
Yea... it's a very weird feeling reading this page... like dirty somehow... but blizzard is totally cool with it?

I wonder how it all affects the in game economy... or what's gonna happen when rmah opens up

I bet a ton of people spend a bunch of money to buy everything they want and then immediately get bored and quit.
Who knows. Selling on B.Net forums seems like suicide to me since it's your battle.net account. 1 click to ban.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Couldn't they just do the trade then dispute the payment on paypal afterwards? Digital trades are hard to prove and paypal almost always sides with the buyer.

Yup, this is why I did Steam games instead of paypal (no chance of reversal) but I can see the appeal of cold hard cash. Problem is Paypal always sides with buyers, BUT once you pull the money into your bank account the worst that could happen is getting your Paypal account frozen afaik. Also gift doesn't matter and they don't have to win through Paypal; they can just do a chargeback with their CC company which is even easier.

Also why are people selling on the official forums when there are other, just as popular, ones out there with no chance of getting banned? Just curious.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yup, this is why I did Steam games instead of paypal (no chance of reversal) but I can see the appeal of cold hard cash. Problem is Paypal always sides with buyers, BUT once you pull the money into your bank account the worst that could happen is getting your Paypal account frozen afaik. Also gift doesn't matter and they don't have to win through Paypal; they can just do a chargeback with their CC company which is even easier.

Also why are people selling on the official forums when there are other, just as popular, ones out there with no chance of getting banned? Just curious.
Right, it has to be gift from Paypal Balance. Except Paypal stopped showing Payment information because they are the worst company. Hate them so much.
Good point on the CC chargeback, I think CC payments come across as differently marked than Paypal balance?
I need to test this. Gift payments usually come with no shipment info so that is one way to tell, just have to make sure they are verified first.

Problem with Steam games is I don't really want anything, then you have to sell each game on it's own or do more trading of games for games or games for TF2 items, eh.

I might just opt the key route and do trading that way, but I'm losing like 30% of current gold market price that way.
Would it be against our TOS to trade D3 stuff for like... Steam games or something?
Don't think so. Money though, that's evil right there.

Animator

inferno is supposed to be the end game, if it was easy and you didnt have to kite stuff... you'd be done with the game and there'd be nothing left to do. I for one welcome the impossibly hard end to act 3. I feel like it will take months to beat, and thats totally cool with me.

The real endgame is the hardcore mode.

Inferno is one big bullshit gear check and the only way to play it is to flip items in auction house till you can afford some super overpriced gear.

panty

I guess I'm ready for the Buther @ Inferno. I'm a monk with ~31k hp, ~11k dps, ~600 all res (with buffs) and about 700-800 hp regen / sec.

Surely I can handle it?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I guess I'm ready for the Buther @ Inferno. I'm a monk with ~31k hp, ~11k dps, ~600 all res (with buffs) and about 700-800 hp regen / sec.

Surely I can handle it?
Stack the hell out of DPS and it's not hard.

Just use your abilities to keep behind him.

maharg

idspispopd
who are you guy's favorite merchants? as far as what they say when u buy from them?

Probably the act2 one who talks about taking stuff back off your body.

But, seriously, I despise the act 3/4 equipment merchant. Something about his voice and delivery grates and he seems to only have one greeting.

Honestly though, I kind of really hate the towns in this game. They all seem modelled after D2's Act 3 town. The jeweller being off in the middle of nowhere in Act1 is particularly stupid.

elfinke

I'm not sure why people think that the normal auction house will die when RMAH comes out. Stuff might be more expensive on it because of the inefficient conversion of gold to cash, but demand will still be high enough to support a market, so long as game gold can be converted to cash at all. Not everyone's gonna be willing (or, for that matter, able) to tie their D3 game to a paypal account.

Yep I don't get that train of thought either. I sure as shit won't be having anything to do with the RMAH, so all and any neat items I find will be hocked on the normal AH for regular gold.

Polo67

Probably the act2 one who talks about taking stuff back off your body.

But, seriously, I despise the act 3/4 equipment merchant. Something about his voice and delivery grates and he seems to only have one greeting.

Honestly though, I kind of really hate the towns in this game. They all seem modelled after D2's Act 3 town. The jeweller being off in the middle of nowhere in Act1 is particularly stupid.

What's about the miner in act 3/4 are you talking about him? He's one of my fav!

" theres demons out there. Could you do something about that? . Trips me out everytime

Hey guys,

What's the difference between Arcane Power and Intelligence?

I got a weapon, with same damage specs but one with 83 Intl and the other +1-4 arcane Damage!

Le-mo

Hey guys,

What's the difference between Arcane Power and Intelligence?

I got a weapon, with same damage specs but one with 83 Intl and the other +1-4 arcane Damage!

I'm guessing Arcane damage is your magic damage and Intelligence will raise your DPS if you're a mage?

I'm guessing Arcane damage is your magic damage and Intelligence will raise your DPS if you're a mage?

How can I know which one would be better?

EDIT: I've also just finished the game. How can I switch difficulty? Or do I have to start a new character to do that?

EDIT2: Found it :D

Still need some help with the Arcan Power vs Intelligence

Life on Hit is some sick shit, especially before Inferno

Put a Radiant Square on my level 33 monk and I can't die.

Damage is atrocious though

who are you guy's favorite merchants? as far as what they say when u buy from them?

Most of my items have hardly no blood left on them.

K got to Diablo Hell. Got my ass kicked in shadow world, not enough room to kite, probably going to have to gear up, I'll try a bit more. DH what do I want my skills to be.

red731

Most of my items have hardly no blood left on them.

Yeah, they are pretty much bloody from retrieving them from battlegrounds
KuGsj.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm not sure why people think that the normal auction house will die when RMAH comes out. Stuff might be more expensive on it because of the inefficient conversion of gold to cash, but demand will still be high enough to support a market, so long as game gold can be converted to cash at all. Not everyone's gonna be willing (or, for that matter, able) to tie their D3 game to a paypal account.

not to mention people will still sell stuff considering there's only a 10 item limit...

xelios

How can I know which one would be better?

EDIT: I've also just finished the game. How can I switch difficulty? Or do I have to start a new character to do that?

EDIT2: Found it :D

Still need some help with the Arcan Power vs Intelligence

+Arcane power gives you more maximum "mana" to cast your spells with.

+Arcane power on crit refills your mana pool some upon critical hits.

Intelligence increases your damage and resists and is your primary stat as a wizard.

dk_

I'm suprised so many (including one of me buddies) haven't seen a legendary item yet. I have 2, but they're garbage. Found them around level 45.

Ramirez

Got the Siege Breaker down in our Inferno co-op group tonight. Those guys who stick their hand in the ground are pretty brutal, heh.

maharg

idspispopd
What's about the miner in act 3/4 are you talking about him? He's one of my fav!

" theres demons out there. Could you do something about that? . Trips me out everytime

The one I'm talking about says something along the lines of "We might not have a home anymore, but we'll survive. IF you buy somethin'."

Son1x

Surely I can handle it?

Most certainly. I had about the same hp and dps, but less all ress (maybe 100-150) and hp regen (~400).

I got him on the first try.

xelios

Would it be against our TOS to trade D3 stuff for like... Steam games or something?

I dunno, but I have some gold left and I like games.

Also that barb dps is insane, he has to have a bunch of temp shit activated or something.

V_Arnold

That barb is a good example of players who actually...persevere and play. Meanwhile we whine on forums and browse other's gears :p

xelios

That barb is a good example of players who actually...persevere and play. Meanwhile we whine on forums and browse other's gears :p

He's from d2jsp... persevere and play, maybe, maybe not. I can assure you that's not how he got his gear though. =p

Swig_

So.. I can play games at work.. I just hit 60. What would be a decent way to make gold (or real money?) by playing Diablo since I'll have plenty of time to grind/work the AH?

Also, is there an easier way to estimate good pricing for items, aside from searching similar items on the AH and pricing along with them?

zoukka

So should I worry about int when getting a new 1hander for my WD. Should I just go for the highest dps weapon for example 100-ish 1hander versus 850-ish 1hander with 200-ish int? Which would be more beneficial.

Playing with kitedarts atm.

xelios

So should I worry about int when getting a new 1hander for my WD. Should I just go for the highest dps weapon for example 100-ish 1hander versus 850-ish 1hander with 200-ish int? Which would be more beneficial.

Playing with kitedarts atm.

I'd try to get one with at least some intelligence on it, I mean, why not. It's easy to get your main stat on a weapon.

Also aim for crit damage bonus or a socket if you can.

zoukka

I'd try to get one with at least some intelligence on it, I mean, why not. It's easy to get your main stat on a weapon.

Also aim for crit damage bonus or a socket if you can.

The point of my question was, is the increase in int worth the significant drop in dps. Like you search for 1 mil 1handers in AH and the vanilla weapons are close to 1k dps. Add int modifier with 100+int in the search and the highest dps weapon for 1mil is closer to 800dps.

xelios

The point of my question was, is the increase in int worth the significant drop in dps. Like you search for 1 mil 1handers in AH and the vanilla weapons are close to 1k dps. Add int modifier with 100+int in the search and the highest dps weapon for 1mil is closer to 800dps.

100 extra intelligence won't be worth that much of a drop, no.

Surely I can handle it?

i beat him last night with 14k unbuffed 24k health and 275 resist
I useds
FoT>Quickening (i have no spirit regen)
Blinding> More time
Breath of life>blazing wrath
MoC> Over Awe
SSS>Sustained Strike
Serenity>heal

So you just cycle through your invulnerable (SSS, Serenity, Blinding) when ever he jumps twices Because if you miss the dodge from his hammer you will die or get really close and then fire will get you so you might as well gauruntee yourself no hit. You can our run his dodge almost all the time. Just slam down that Overawe and blazingwrath and keep punching and using your invulnerable time. If you see him jump you can also run around to his back if that area floor is clear.

whats your battle tag

Zzoram

Getting all the lore books in this game is going to take forever. Some probably only spawn in random event dungeons.

I'm lvl 55 WD with 7200 dps in Hell Act 1. Is this good/bad?

xelios

Getting all the lore books in this game is going to take forever. Some probably only spawn in random event dungeons.

I'm lvl 55 WD with 7200 dps in Hell Act 1. Is this good/bad?

You're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom