• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
found my first set item while farming the Skeleton King on inferno (mage off-hand item with no stats bonuse)

then I sold my first set item for 1 million gold

my character
FMDOB.jpg

6446 armor (+ goes up to 8000 with shout buff), 45% dodge chance, 320 on all resistances, ~33k health (again, increases with shout buff). What would my stats have to look like so that I can make it through act 2?

LowParry

I don't see much more progress with my Wizard into Act 2 of Inferno. Even with the *ahem* entry into Act 3, I dunno. I may just work on leveling another character in the mean time and farm Act 1 every now and then till some sort of tweaking is involved. It's too much death to even bother trying.

Neki

Any idea what it's worth? I see them in the range of like 2 mil up to like 7.5 mil.

Haven't sold much yet, just don't want to screw myself.

Someone will always buy a legendary, just because of the colour. The % block is unique. Just look at what they're going on the AH, see if the timer has gone on a long time. If the most recent couple are still 2 days +, then slightly undercut them. If they have a day left on the lowest priced ones, undercut them by a bit more.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You should watch twitch.tv/trumpsc. He's got wizard pretty well figured out. His build and skills are linked in stream description.

Sure.

Weapon:
2-hand Axe. 1012dps, +45 crit damage .90 aps

Armor:
helm: 321 armor, 126 int, 135 vit
chest: 333 armor, 138 int, 108 vit, 50 strength
glove: 269 armor, 143 int, +15 attack speed
bracer: 450 armor, 76 dex, 143 int, +231 armor
ring: 69 vit, +15 attack speed
ring: 71 int, +15 attack speed
belt: 175 armor, 70 str, 67 int, 129 vit
pants: 607 armor, 73 dex, 98 int, 184 vit, +264 armor
boots: 179 armor, 29 str, 64 int, 93 vit, +23 cold resist, 12% movement speed

Skills:
Shock Pulse --> Piercing Orb -OR- Magic Missile --> Seeker
Arcane Orb --> Celestial Orb
Diamond Skin --> Crystal Shell
Energy Armor --> Force Armor
Teleport --> Fracture
Hydra --> Arcane Hydra

Passives:
Illusionist
Glass Cannon
Blur

Total HP: ~40,000
Damage: 26,121.23

----------------------------------------------

That said, in Act I, I could do what I wanted, which was Sparkflint (+13% damage) and Magic Weapon (+15% damage), where damage was more like 40,000. Act 2 is/was/will be a 1-shot festival with that build.

I'd say everything is optional except Diamond Skin, Energy Armor and the Hydras. You simply don't make it through Act 2 without those 2 unless masochism is your thing. Even with this setup, it takes a couple of minutes to down a pack of elites.

Plan for 30-50 deaths.

Thank you to both of you.

Working out what to buy now and getting use to new skills.

I switched out my force wave for Blizzard recently and learned to kite most mobs indefinitely thanks to it.

Petrie

Banned
Someone will always buy a legendary, just because of the colour. The % block is unique. Just look at what they're going on the AH, see if the timer has gone on a long time. If the most recent couple are still 2 days +, then slightly undercut them. If they have a day left on the lowest priced ones, undercut them by a bit more.

See that's where I end up confused. Do you just mean the buyout price? The range goes from like 2 million buyout up to like 7, but the actual bids appear to all be around 2-3. The whole thing doesnt make any sense to me.

Loofy

See that's where I end up confused. Do you just mean the buyout price? The range goes from like 2 million buyout up to like 7, but the actual bids appear to all be around 2-3. The whole thing doesnt make any sense to me.
You could always start with a really low bid price and let the market decide its value.

lol @ legendaries

They have cooler mods sometimes, but they're soooo underbudgeted in the bread and butter stuff. Gimme a break with that "lol not all items are useful for everything lol" BS blizzard

Artanisix

There are some really good legendaries out there like Boj Anglers, those bracers with ms and as, Justice Lantern, Andariel's Visage, etc. etc. Most of them (especially the weapons) are shitty though.

I don't see much more progress with my Wizard into Act 2 of Inferno. Even with the *ahem* entry into Act 3, I dunno. I may just work on leveling another character in the mean time and farm Act 1 every now and then till some sort of tweaking is involved. It's too much death to even bother trying.

Wizards have the easiest time in the game by a considerable margin, and progress easier and with less items than any other class. It's literally like playing the game on easy mode. I recommend you keep playing your wizard because you'll get filthy rich while no other classes except those who farm up 10s of millions of gold can ever touch anything in act 3.

I need about 30 million gold or extreme luck before I can even dream of soloing act 2 as a monk.

Raxus

I have yet to pull a legendary but after seeing what you all have been getting I think it is probably for the best.

balddemon

Banned
Yes. It will be about 24-48 hours.

Bad luck I suppose. I have over 80% magic find and I have 18k hp and I am finishing hell mode.

well i just bought every piece of equipment for 5k or less ( couple of them for 400-500) and im just using it to open a chest in secret level

but yeah it sucks, with my normal gear on i have 0% T_T

Ketch

Everyone is so much further then me. I'm about 3/4 of the way through act 2 nightmare on my 43 barb. Still using the AH for items, just hit 10k hp.... having fun.

edit: Not looking forward to being forced to use a shield. =( I wanna smash stuff!

Having a really hard time finding 1 handed weapons with over 600 life on hit, dexterity and vitality on them. If anyone finds one please post it before you AH it, would love to discuss a price. looking for around 800 dmg.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Having a really hard time finding 1 handed weapons with over 600 life on hit, dexterity and vitality on them. If anyone finds one please post it before you AH it, would love to discuss a price. looking for around 800 dmg.
That's a pretty penny.

I have on with +840 life per hit but DPS is 300 for 1h which is terrible.

Violet_0

Banned
are there actually any monks that can successfully farm act 2 inferno? I'm considering going back to my lvl 53 wizard until I can afford better items.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sigh so this is what d3 has devolved into for me?

Time for headrig/cellar of the damned run-99921

Eat your heart out baalruns :S

try something like

minion shield
horde
molten
vampiric

roughly every fifth or fourth elite mob in inferno is impossible to beat, and that's just act 1

playing monk.
Desecrator
Arcane Enchanted
Waller
Vortex

And the enemies have a giant swing that does about 90% of my health in one swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom