• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

The story of Diablo 2 wasn't as "in your face". You got some exposition in town, but that was basically it. I feel like there is some new cutscene or dialog ripping me out of the gameplay way too many times in this game. Every boss having a dumb conversation before we can start the fight?

Especially in a game where you're expected to play through it 4 times with 5 classes? I can't reach my "esc" key fast enough.

Murry33

Neo Member
I tried to sell my Grandfather for 100K. Didn't work so I bumped it down to 75K. Kept going down until someone finally bought it at 25k. My stats weren't so different from yours.

Stats are just awful for a level 60 requirement. It might be worth something as a novelty item if it has a unique look, but I wouldn't expect much. With how many good 2-handers are available for cheap now, there's just no reason to use that sword.

Balls, struck out again. Thanks

lordy88

Hey Gaf,

I'm looking for a solid 1025+ DPS Rare Bow (not xbow) with either Critical Damage %+ or an open socket. I have the money for it, so either PM me here or send me a whisper at Stonewater#1762.

Word.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Should I be vendoring slotted magic equipment or Auctioning them?

Depends on stats, but you should probably vendor in most cases. In a lot of cases, even the "good" stuff has flooded the auction house, so you'll probably only get a few thousand gold, at which point I'm not even sure it's worth the effort to put the item up when it tends to sell for 500+ gold to the vendor.

Neki

08qnG.jpg

my friend is selling it on JSP for me right now.

Vodh

Anyone else thinks that 80% of whining on the bad drop rates compared to D2 comes only from the ability to see how good the drops can actually get because we can browse them on AH? I swear, I've been leveling all classes and on every single one I've had upgrades drop for me once I reached an area that dropped ilvl similar to what I was wearing...

The other 20% would be Inferno which is kind of being fixed in 103 and legendaries which are bad and nobody likes it but they'll get buffed. So yeah, ppl need to stop crying.

Ricker

Some nice stuff there.

Guess I will have to get use to the stupid patches not going global,thus preventing me to play because Europe isn't patched yet,even if I chose America...

My second legendary. Seems pretty terrible with no stats. I guess attack speed will give it a decent overall DPS for early Inferno, and the socket means you can put a band-aid on the suck and get some crit.

5yBt1.jpg

Any idea what I can dump this on some unfortunate soul for?

Dahbomb

My second legendary. Seems pretty terrible with no stats. I guess attack speed will give it a decent overall DPS for early Inferno, and the socket means you can put a band-aid on the suck and get some crit.

5yBt1.jpg

This is a solid weapon to farm with in Act 1 and early Act 2 for a bit unless you have a better one in the stash. The ignore durability affix is a nice feature as is the socket. It could've been better but it could've been a lot worse. You can get good money for this on the AH, 800+ DPS weapons with IAS and a socket can go above 500K. It being a legendary can push it to 750K but 1 million would be pushing your luck.

Hellrack seems to be a rather "common" legendary, seems to drop in Act 1 Inferno a lot. I got one, someone I know got 2, another person on my friends list also got 2 and a lot of people on GAF got it too.

http://i.imgur.com/5yBt1.jpg[IMG]

Any idea what I can dump this on some unfortunate soul for?[/QUOTE]

Despite not having any stats, that's about as good as a Hell Rack gets DPS wise. Much better than the one I use

At least it isn't 770 dps with INT on it

Questions:

1) Is +XX% damage stat on a weapon already factored into the DPS?

2) Does Arcane Hydra work with Temporal Flux ability? (Wizard)

Sothpaw

Mike Laidlaw should read the reddit AMAA. He could learn from the Blizzard guys the proper way to handle the, shall we say, less intelligent spectrum of the audience.

Cipherr

5yBt1.jpg

God I would kick puppies for that. Ignores durability. Would be perfect for my farming set

Epix

It's annoying that everyone on inferno is doing the dank cellar thing and i can't get a coop game past that quest....

Dropped off some blue elites in Act 3 at 5 stacks. :O I'm scared now, got an error saying an admin logged me off. D:

All I ever get from the elites in act 3 are weapons with like 300 dps. :(

Good to know that good stuff can drop from them though, congrats on your weapon and hopefully that admin thing isn't you getting hacked.

inky

LOL, what luck:

*opens up twitch.tv*
*hey Diablo 3 streams, let's see*
*Kripps barb HC in act III... what? I got to see this*
*Runs out of WP, dies*

Hahahaha

inky

How did it happen?

Vortex, Molten, Fire Chain, Soul reapers. How else? LOL

He kind of panicked and couldn't get out the door so he stalled in a 2x2 room but he wasted all his CDs and couldn't get out. Apparently he was farming chests in the Act III fortress, so no room for maneuvering.

What rune economy were you playing that was absent duping and botting

Btw, duping and botting are the only reason the rune economy even made sense. The number of super high runes being generated legitimately was so astronomically small that there would have been no functioning economy without the duping.

Same with SOJs, only worked as a currency thanks to duping.

theamazonbasin.com is the community I played with, and it was (is, I'd imagine, but I haven't been in a few years) a large group of legit players. So... ya. And again, I am saying a tiered currency economy that doesn't drop in large increments off of everything you kill might be a better way to handle it than gold, which has never worked as a legit currency in Diablo.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm bad. I was selling an old weapon, noticed a similar one was 60k, so I bought it and instantly resold it for 300k (Which was still 100k-200k below what it should likely be worth)

th3dude

As a level 52 Demon Hunter in Act 1 Hell, what stats should I focus on when looking for new gear?

Also, any build recommendations?

Having a hard time staying alive...

scy

How did it happen?

Just a nasty champ pack. The best part was that it was more of a delayed reaction to the champ pack entirely. Like he was on auto-pilot and didn't even realize he had enemies around him.

That and him getting block by some skeletons in his escape route :x That might have been the best part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom