• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I'm bad. I was selling an old weapon, noticed a similar one was 60k, so I bought it and instantly resold it for 300k (Which was still 100k-200k below what it should likely be worth)

I'm worst. yesterday I saw an Ouroboros amulet buyout for cheapish (1.3 mill), checked the stats -which were actually pretty damn good- clicked buyout and realized I bought the wrong one. Worst part was that I tried buying the proper one anyways but someone snatched it during the 20 seconds it took me to realize my fuckup. Yea...

Gold sites are like $8/Mil.
Someone talk me out of this.

Unless you need it like right this second gold will continue to plummet. Not worth it.

7346978704_cfbb1963f9_o.jpg

Fuck yeah! Took like 6.5 hours over 2 days, but I finally solo'd the fucker.

Got part 1 down pretty well, 8/10 times I could do it. Part 2 was just ridiculous with the clones, had to get lucky to kill all 3 of them really. (Demon Hunter)

First time I got to part 3, he died. Figured it would happen that way.

Dahbomb

As a level 52 Demon Hunter in Act 1 Hell, what stats should I focus on when looking for new gear?

Also, any build recommendations?

Having a hard time staying alive...
You need to concentrate on Dexterity and Vitality when getting items. Having as many items with increased attack speed and critical values (damage increases are especially good for DH later on) are all helpful. Your Quiver and Chest armor should also have +Discipline.

For survivability you definitely need Smoke Screen with Lingering Fog. You can also pair it with Preparation for a ton of Smoke Screens, allowing you to get out of sticky situations, break traps/stuns/jails and dish out DPS while being invisible. The passive you want for survivability is Tactical Advantage. Caltrops is good always IMO for controlling mobs and you can put the 45% damage run for some extra AOE. Steady Aim and Archery are solid damage boosting passives but you need to replace one of them with Sharpshooter once you get it. Your Hate generator and Hate user moves are up to choice but popular ones at this stage use Hungering Arrow with rune of choice paired with Elemental Arrow Thunder Ball. Rapid Fire, Chakram, Multishot, Spike Traps are also all usable but stay away from Fan of Knives.

The final skill should be reserved for utility skills. Mark of Death is great for dishing extra DPS against single targets or even in an AOE if you have the rune for it. Companions are great especially the Bat one, free DPS and free Hatred regeneration. Sentry is decent too if you want additional survivability/tanking and you can pair that up with Shadow Power for additional tanking/defense (but both heavy on the Discipline). Finally, Rain of Vengeance is another utility skill to have in the pocket because it's free of cost and only has a cool down.

Later on your Hatred user move has to be Nether Tentacles because it's by far the best use of Hatred for DH. Once you pair that up with Sharpshooter and start stacking Critical Damage, you will be doing a ton of damage with rather low level gear even in Inferno. The character is more of a glass cannon, expect to die a lot unless you go for a Shadow Power defensive build where you can keep it going while dishing out DPS.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Selling to them for $8, not buying. Feels like it should be more, I see personal sales from $11-$13
They were 18$/mill like a week ago and will probably be 1-2$ a mil within a month or three.
Unless you need it like right this second gold will continue to plummet. Not worth it.
So, safe to say it will be $1/Mil by the time the RMAH launches?
I seriously doubt it will ever get that low. Like $5 per million imo.
I can see them selling for $5-7M when RMAH launches yes.

Mitama

what's the easiest Hardcore class?

Monk and barbarian: 30% damage reduction and by far the easiest to play with. They just require gear and not a lot of skill really. (for the record I do have a lvl 60 monk, tyvm)

Kripp using the quest turn in bug to rush his HC barb

Yeah, just like how he got there the first time. Oh well. :p
Didn't watch the stream, wonder if he was pissed since it took ages to farm that gear.

th3dude

You need to concentrate on Dexterity and Vitality when getting items. Having as many items with increased attack speed and critical values (damage increases are especially good for DH later on) are all helpful. Your Quiver and Chest armor should also have +Discipline.

For survivability you definitely need Smoke Screen with Lingering Fog. You can also pair it with Preparation for a ton of Smoke Screens, allowing you to get out of sticky situations, break traps/stuns/jails and dish out DPS while being invisible. The passive you want for survivability is Tactical Advantage. Caltrops is good always IMO for controlling mobs and you can put the 45% damage run for some extra AOE. Steady Aim and Archery are solid damage boosting passives but you need to replace one of them with Sharpshooter once you get it. Your Hate generator and Hate user moves are up to choice but popular ones at this stage use Hungering Arrow with rune of choice paired with Elemental Arrow Thunder Ball. Rapid Fire, Chakram, Multishot, Spike Traps are also all usable but stay away from Fan of Knives.

The final skill should be reserved for utility skills. Mark of Death is great for dishing extra DPS against single targets or even in an AOE if you have the rune for it. Companions are great especially the Bat one, free DPS and free Hatred regeneration. Sentry is decent too if you want additional survivability/tanking and you can pair that up with Shadow Power for additional tanking/defense (but both heavy on the Discipline). Finally, Rain of Vengeance is another utility skill to have in the pocket because it's free of cost and only has a cool down.

Later on your Hatred user move has to be Nether Tentacles because it's by far the best use of Hatred for DH. Once you pair that up with Sharpshooter and start stacking Critical Damage, you will be doing a ton of damage with rather low level gear even in Inferno. The character is more of a glass cannon, expect to die a lot unless you go for a Shadow Power defensive build where you can keep it going while dishing out DPS.

Thank you so much for the great write up. Exactly what I needed! :)

Caerith

The story of Diablo 2 wasn't as "in your face". You got some exposition in town, but that was basically it. I feel like there is some new cutscene or dialog ripping me out of the gameplay way too many times in this game. Every boss having a dumb conversation before we can start the fight?

Especially in a game where you're expected to play through it 4 times with 5 classes? I can't reach my "esc" key fast enough.
Each class's achievements include "Get 2 X to 60," so you're really expected to play through it 4 times with 5 classes twice.

What should my gear look like as a 59 wizard in Act III Hell? I'm almost 9k damage with 30k health, but I got called undergeared while I thought I was keeping up with mine fairly well for spending no more than 5k on any of my gear.

Cipherr

Nabbed a backup bow. 1k dps ignores durability. Now when Im fully broken (Just the Amu and 2 rings) it costs 300 gold for a full repair. Dps takes a hit in this set, only 20k or so, but the magic find is like 180 so its still fun for like Act 1 Inferno clears that are piss easy and "Go gettem Tyrael" Champ/Chest runs in Act 3.

rCIZZLE

Anyone else thinks that 80% of whining on the bad drop rates compared to D2 comes only from the ability to see how good the drops can actually get because we can browse them on AH? I swear, I've been leveling all classes and on every single one I've had upgrades drop for me once I reached an area that dropped ilvl similar to what I was wearing...

The other 20% would be Inferno which is kind of being fixed in 103 and legendaries which are bad and nobody likes it but they'll get buffed. So yeah, ppl need to stop crying.

Don't be that guy who says everybody who has a different opinion is "whining" or "crying". Some people are frustrated with some aspects of the game for perfectly valid reasons.

rCIZZLE

Not sure if it's taboo to ask, but I'm not too familiar with d2jsp. How do people even cash out there? By selling the forum gold against the rules?

There are legit ways to cash out that are completely within the rules. One way I did was use my fg to buy MTGO tickets then sell those on ebay.

I seriously doubt it will ever get that low. Like $5 per million imo.

People with bots are easily making 500k-700k per hour. No way it'll even be at $5. If you let it run 24/7 that's better than working retail.

Fugu

Anyone else thinks that 80% of whining on the bad drop rates compared to D2 comes only from the ability to see how good the drops can actually get because we can browse them on AH? I swear, I've been leveling all classes and on every single one I've had upgrades drop for me once I reached an area that dropped ilvl similar to what I was wearing...

The other 20% would be Inferno which is kind of being fixed in 103 and legendaries which are bad and nobody likes it but they'll get buffed. So yeah, ppl need to stop crying.
I highly doubt that. I think it more has to do with the fact that you are likely, by the time you reach hell, to have seen at least one item tailored specifically to a purpose through non-random stats in Diablo 2, whether it be a unique, a set, a craft, or a class-specific rare/magic item (staffmods also fall under this category). Diablo 3 has very little regulation on what stats can appear where; this, combined with the fact that Blizzard has deliberately made two of the four stats basically useless for every class, means that the vast majority of items that are dropped will be worthless and for obtuse reasons. Take, for example, the crossbow posted earlier on this page: Intellect is a bad roll. It will never be a good roll. Why? Because no DH gives even a single shit about intellect. So why can a crossbow roll intellect?

Nitsuj23

Just got to Act 2 Inferno and hit the wall I've been reading about. Anyone have a specific Act 1 farm spot?

I'm going to have to step my gear up if I have any hope of going farther.

Jhriad

I highly doubt that. I think it more has to do with the fact that you are likely, by the time you reach hell, to have seen at least one item tailored specifically to a purpose through non-random stats in Diablo 2, whether it be a unique, a set, a craft, or a class-specific rare/magic item (staffmods also fall under this category). Diablo 3 has very little regulation on what stats can appear where; this, combined with the fact that Blizzard has deliberately made two of the four stats basically useless for every class, means that the vast majority of items that are dropped will be worthless and for obtuse reasons. Take, for example, the crossbow posted earlier on this page: Intellect is a bad roll. It will never be a good roll. Why? Because no DH gives even a single shit about intellect. So why can a crossbow roll intellect?

Not to mention drop rates for the best gear are a lot lower in D3 compared to D2 because they adjusted rates with the AH in mind. They've got to force you into that ecosystem somehow.

watership

I'm in a patch loop. Anyone else getting this?

I start the launcher, login and it says there is a patch. "The game will quit and the launcher will download the patch." Game quits, launcher starts up, says game is up to date.

Rinse. Repeat.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Why does Azmodan have messengers when he can just astral project himself everywhere?

Man, I haven't been this upset about a plot hole since I realized that Mr Crabbs' somehow sired a whale.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I play a female Wizard.

If I frequently use vanishing dye on my character's pants, is that shameless?

I'm in a patch loop. Anyone else getting this?

I start the launcher, login and it says there is a patch. "The game will quit and the launcher will download the patch." Game quits, launcher starts up, says game is up to date.

Rinse. Repeat.

Make sure the secondary login service is running.

Thats what fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom