• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know exactly how attacks that do a % of weapon damage work?

Is that based off the weapon's overall DPS? Or is it an average of the minimum-maximum damage or something?

For example, would a % of weapon damage attack do more damage using a 1000 DPS 1hand weapon that has a lower minimum-maximum than a 900 DPS 2hand weapon that has a higher minimum-maximum damage?

Wallach

Read the 1.03 stuff. Sounds like A2/3/4 are going to get nerfed pretty hard. Or maybe you could just say designers will finally be getting around to actually looking at them now.

Zzoram

Personally I think drop rates are too high/good for rare items. AH is going to get flooded with stuff eventually as everyone gets to Inferno since nothing is taking items out of circulation.

Wallach

Personally I think drop rates are too high/good. AH is going to get flooded with stuff eventually as everyone gets to Inferno since nothing is taking items out of circulation.

Not in softcore, no. That's part of what comes with choosing softcore mode. They'll use ladder resets to help address this, but it's not worth changing the entire itemization model for it.

Ultrabum

Personally I think drop rates are too high/good. AH is going to get flooded with stuff eventually as everyone gets to Inferno since nothing is taking items out of circulation.

A price I would pay gladly to at least have the potential to have the butcher drop a weapon for my monk in inferno.

Will make farming much more exciting!

Thoraxes

I'll post this once a day until the final day.

Enter this! It costs you absolutely nothing and you can choose whatever the hell you want! I'm not selling any of my drops right now.

Ct39O.png

What is it? ||| I've decided that instead of selling my good drops I get from farming, I will choose (at random) one member that has opted in my giveaway to select any one item of their choosing from my current stash to have for free!

When is it? ||| Whenever I post it! I'll randomly post in any D3 OT that's currently running and say that the giveaway has begun. After that, all you need to do to enter is send me a private message and say you're in for the drawing! I'll announce who's been selected approximately 4 days after I make the post in the topic.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! ||| Because I love yah GAF!

DAYS REMAINING TO PM ME: 3

P.S. I have various items for all classes, so don't worry about not having something for your class. And if there's absolutely nothing you need, just take something that'll sell on the AH for a million (or in some cases millions :p).

Your inbox is full, but I want to enter!

rCIZZLE

Not in softcore, no. That's part of what comes with choosing softcore mode. They'll use ladder resets to help address this, but it's not worth changing the entire itemization model for it.

It'd be nice if they found a way to deter botting, fixed the gold problem, and did a ladder reset. Only an "item" reset... let everybody have their level 60s right now, just fix the economy.

inky

A price I would pay gladly to at least have the potential to have the butcher drop a weapon for my monk in inferno.

Will make farming much more exciting!

Indeed. I couldn't care less if a million other people find the same kind of item I do. I've been going at the Butcher for what feels like a week now without getting anything worthwhile, meanwhile, gear has been getting more and more expensive because gold is more readily available. I'd like to progress sometime too you know, without having to stay up to 3 am to snipe the cheaper items I am constantly bidding on.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Is that based off the weapon's overall DPS? Or is it an average of the minimum-maximum damage or something?

For example, would a % of weapon damage attack do more damage using a 1000 DPS 1hand weapon that has a lower minimum-maximum than a 900 DPS 2hand weapon that has a higher minimum-maximum damage?

Quoting for a new page. My next weapon purchase is hanging on the answer. Any help?

Wedge7

Thank you random roll gods. (This was making up for giving me shit all for the past few days). And thank you to those beautiful, stupid, glitching ponys that let me change my gear and kill them with 300% MF.

xbow1.png

current.png

what is up with this shit?? whenever a patch comes out, it just jacks up my game from connecting. I login, gets past authentication, then says needs to close out and restart because of a new patch. Then i get a windows error? and have to close it all out?

watership

what is up with this shit?? whenever a patch comes out, it just jacks up my game from connecting. I login, gets past authentication, then says needs to close out and restart because of a new patch. Then i get a windows error? and have to close it all out?

I've got that a number of times. Now I'm just in a loop. Game thinks I need a patch, patcher things the games up to date. After a few times going through that, it crashes.

Calidor

I hate this new generation of crybabys.

First we get a WOW toony design

then people bitch because they can't insta win on the end game (that is supposed to last years) after 3 weeks!!

Not only that, but they bitch about drops as well, since I they don't have time/ can't be arsed to put the effort for it.

So, what does Blizz about it? nerfing difficulty and buffs items / drops.

Now get off my lawn :(

Petrie

Banned
GA8ig.jpg

I don't play a DH, so I have to ask, are these any good? Something I might want to save for when I do? Or perhaps worth something?

BigDug13

I hate this new generation of crybabys.

First we get a WOW toony design

then people bitch because they can't insta win on the end game (that is supposed to last years) after 3 weeks!!

Not only that, but they bitch about drops as well, since I they don't have time/ can't be arsed to put the effort for it.

So, what does Blizz about it? nerfing difficulty and buffs items / drops.

Now get off my lawn :(

How long did it take the first players to beat Diablo 2? And that game is still going fairly strong after 12 years. If Inferno is genuinely frustrating and unfun and punishes you for grouping, that's just not good design. If you legitimately can't gear up for the next act by farming your current act, that's bad design.

scy

It depends on the skill. There's a few that are Weapon DPS based but these tend to update the tooltip to reflect this (Witch Doctor Grasp of the Dead, for instance). Typically speaking, these skills that work like this have a Cooldown attached to them.

Otherwise, it should be the actual Weapon Damage range.

Alex

Takin' a break for a couple weeks, figure I might sell all my IAS stuff on the AH. I can't imagine it'll have near the worth post patch, especially the pieces I have on my monk with IAS + LoH!

AEGISX

Banned
Just deleted my barb in rage. can't even clear A4 hell, no cheap gear to deal with them elites.
noobs in public games are no help but to make the game harder. so delet I did!
my demon hunter never had any problem in hell, cheap gears (<100k/piece) all the way to inferno act 2. Melee character are way too item dependent and expensive!

Just deleted my barb in rage. can't even clear A4 hell, no cheap gear to deal with them elites.
noobs in public games are no help but to make the game harder. so delet I did!
my demon hunter never had any problem in hell, cheap gears (<100k/piece) all the way to inferno act 2. Melee character are way too item dependent and expensive!

Yoshi alt account? Did you smash any keyboards?

goldensun

Your inbox is full, but I want to enter!
I'm so sorry, I was gone today at work and didn't have a chance to check GAF for entries for a few hours!
Ct39O.png

ATTENTION ANYONE WANTING TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY: I cleared my inbox!

SEND ME YOUR PMs IF YOU'D LIKE TO ENTER NOW :D

It's hard to keep up with just a 50 inbox limit when I'm gone for a while, sorry guys! Please feel free to enter if you couldn't earlier.

I've read all of your PMs, and I'm very happy at how many people are entering! Much love to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom