• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just deleted my barb in rage. can't even clear A4 hell, no cheap gear to deal with them elites.
noobs in public games are no help but to make the game harder. so delet I did!
my demon hunter never had any problem in hell, cheap gears (<100k/piece) all the way to inferno act 2. Melee character are way too item dependent and expensive!

.....what the hell man.

God damn

The wrath of Ytar up in that ass

cdNe7.jpg

Sounds reasonable to delete your guy. You know, instead of just logging out and playing it when balance changes have been made...

When someone deletes a character everyone logged in at the time should get a percentage of the value of their equipped items and what is in their inventory.

I'm sure they will put that in patch 1.03.

GorillaJu

Really happy to see those balance changes. Though I feel I have no reason to play my level 60 now, knowing that they will come in to effect. Guess I'll finish leveling up that wizard alt!

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I hate this new generation of crybabys.

First we get a WOW toony design

then people bitch because they can't insta win on the end game (that is supposed to last years) after 3 weeks!!

Not only that, but they bitch about drops as well, since I they don't have time/ can't be arsed to put the effort for it.

So, what does Blizz about it? nerfing difficulty and buffs items / drops.

Now get off my lawn :(

What specifically are you talking about?

How melee is broken as fuck in inferno? Have you played melee? I've played both ranged and melee, and ranged is so much easier.

With monks you basically have to keep attacking to get spirit to regen, which means you get hit a lot. It only takes a few hits to die beyond act 1 in inferno, and there's no equipment suitable for act 2 found in act 1.

Wizards regen mana all of the time. They have ranged, invulnerability, melee, illusion. There's just no comparison. Melee is weak compared to this.

Ketch

Pretty soon I'll have 3 characters in hell. I've got a Barb in Act 2, my WD just got to act 1, and my Demon Hunter is almost done with act 2 nightmare. I'm super excited for the balance changes (secretly been waiting this whole time).

Also I'm pretty sure I'm in love with my DH:

DH.png

Just deleted my barb in rage. can't even clear A4 hell, no cheap gear to deal with them elites.
noobs in public games are no help but to make the game harder. so delet I did!
my demon hunter never had any problem in hell, cheap gears (<100k/piece) all the way to inferno act 2. Melee character are way too item dependent and expensive!

I never paid more than 100k for any of the gear I needed to get through Hell as a barb. I did get stuck for a while in act 4, but I changed up my build and got some more gear and it became really easy. A lot of the gear I got to get through it was probably around 50k or less

Fugu

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596168?page=1

Transcript from the AMA is being collected there. Not seeing anything about them fixing gold drop rates or doing anything worth paying attention to. "we hate bots" is such an empty line from devs of games like these. If they gave any level of a shit they would have put some real prevention in that wouldn't get juked in under a month.
I want to go back and quote all of the posters who told me botting would be irrelevant or impossible in Diablo 3. Blizzard made no real effort to fix the problem, so of course it's going to be an issue again.

Ketch

Pretty soon I'll have 3 characters in hell. I've got a Barb in Act 2, my WD just got to act 1, and my Demon Hunter is almost done with act 2 nightmare. I'm super excited for the balance changes (secretly been waiting this whole time).

Also I'm pretty sure I'm in love with my DH:

DH.png

quoted for the new page. HOW HOT IS SHE?
so hot

balddemon

Banned
TY scy for the gem and other goodies! facerolling act 1 is a nice feeling. easy gold too. not too excited for act 2 but i got a while to go so i'm good.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
No plans for this currently. We wanted the game to have a greater focus on story
How does this make any sense when the only time anyone cares a lick about the story is their very first runthrough on normal with their first character? And even then, not so much for some people.

chris-013

I got tired of playing my DH with all the kiting and one hit kill...

So I leveled a barb to 60 (legit leveling, doing every quest in each difficulty) and shit barb is so fun ! I destroy everything in act1 inferno and now I farm the gear for act2.
I already have 800 loh, 50k hp, 10k dps... How much resist do I need for act2 ? 500 ? 700 ?

Okay so the life on hit gems: How much are they? I bought a weapon on the AH with a socketed 100 LoH. And I want to know how much the upgrades to that are? And if anyone has one for sale, that'd be good.

spootime

Okay so the life on hit gems: How much are they? I bought a weapon on the AH with a socketed 100 LoH. And I want to know how much the upgrades to that are? And if anyone has one for sale, that'd be good.

Gems are up on the AH, I just bought a star (i think?) that gives me +300 LoH for roughly 500k. Pretty cheap actually.

eek5

I got tired of playing my DH with all the kiting and one hit kill...

So I leveled a barb to 60 (legit leveling, doing every quest in each difficulty) and shit barb is so fun ! I destroy everything in act1 inferno and now I farm the gear for act2.
I already have 800 loh, 50k hp, 10k dps... How much resist do I need for act2 ? 500 ? 700 ?

700 is probably on the low end. 8k armor, 800-900 resists is comfortable.

I'm assuming you're talking about stats buffed with war cry.

I can handle A2 fine with my DPS build which has 7k armor 900 resists

edit: I had no LOH the first time I went through it though so you might be fine with just 7k/700

Fugu

AMAA said:
Question:Is there any plan to change the text color of gems and pages/tomes? I think it'd be nice if they stood out from normal whites. Maybe even potions could be red.

Answer: (Andrew):We are addressing that in a future patch. We are looking at changing the text color for pages and tomes, health potions and gems in all difficulty levels.
Anyone else remember when runes were white and people asked Blizzard to change them to a different colour?

Sothpaw

I want to go back and quote all of the posters who told me botting would be irrelevant or impossible in Diablo 3. Blizzard made no real effort to fix the problem, so of course it's going to be an issue again.

Did people really think botting would be impossible? I thought that online only would stop duping, but not sure how it would stop botting. I am in no way a tech expert so I wouldn't mind hearing how botting works. As far as I know duping isn't a problem so that's a good start at least.

SupaNaab

Act II Hell Hardcore (56 Barbarian and playing with a friend as WD every night). We're beginning to think the WD should wear a shield. Shit hurts.

Just dropped Ignore Pain for Threatening Shout (with Taunt rune) and Leap (300% armour) for Furious Charge (8% Heal), significantly better results for us. I do like the Leap then Taunt combo but the -15% dmg debuff is sufficient enough for rare\elite packs so far.

Current Stats:

scy

TY scy for the gem and other goodies! facerolling act 1 is a nice feeling. easy gold too. not too excited for act 2 but i got a while to go so i'm good.

Haha, no problem :x Good luck with Act 2~

Flawless Squares (best drops) are +65. It gets to +300 on Stars (27 Flawless Squares + 500k Gold to craft one) and +600 on Radiant Star (all of the money).

On that note, there's a Radiant Star for sale at ~25M Gold. Get to farming guys! :x

Fugu

Did people really think botting would be impossible? I thought that online only would stop duping, but not sure how it would stop botting. I am in no way a tech expert so I wouldn't mind hearing how botting works. As far as I know duping isn't a problem so that's a good start at least.
I didn't. It's in the first OT somewhere but I don't really want to look for it. I assume you don't either, so I'll summarize the debate.

Basically, people assumed that botting would no longer be a problem because Diablo 3 provides the client with less information about the game than the Diablo 2 client does, thereby making the game more difficult to automate. However, people have just responded (like they did when 1.10 came out in Diablo 2) by making less sophisticated bots that complete more mundane tasks, like standing at the beginning of Act 3 and letting a catapult kill everything.

Shouta

Star Gems are 500k to craft from the Flawless Square stage, I think. So if you get it lower than that, it's lower than it'd cost you to craft it.

chris-013

700 is probably on the low end. 8k armor, 800-900 resists is comfortable.

I'm assuming you're talking about stats buffed with war cry.

I can handle A2 fine with my DPS build which has 7k armor 900 resists

edit: I had no LOH the first time I went through it though so you might be fine with just 7k/700

Ok thanks. It seems I need atleast 50 all resist on every armor. ^^

scy

Star Gems are 500k to craft from the Flawless Square stage, I think. So if you get it lower than that, it's lower than it'd cost you to craft it.

Yeah, it's 500k. 27 Flawless Squares -> 9 Perfect Square -> 3 Radiant Square -> 1 Star. So that's 9 30k combines, 3 50k combines, and 1 80k combine.

Also, I love the prices on gems; Flawless Squares? Meh, ~1.5k. Crafting components are barely above vendor costs! Sheesh.

Deadly

Sometimes I wish I could see their "statistics" and "feedback"
We've commented on story several times now. The majority of feedback we've gotten on story has been positive. I'm sorry your experience varied.
2) Agree to disagree? We get lots of compliments on the story and dialogue.

Swig_

Okay, I am getting destroyed in Act I Inferno in the Cathedral as a Monk. I'm dying within seconds to every elite pack I come across, unless they have easy-mode abilities, which is rare. It seems every one is some combo of molten/mortar/waller/arcane/vortex.

I thought I was doing alright, but I can't progress at all now in the Cathedral.

Stats:

DPS 14388
26K Health
258 Resists to all
288 Life per hit
2557 Armor

Are any of those stats really low or am I just getting really, really bad luck with these ridiculous elite pack combos?

Shouta

Okay, I am getting destroyed in Act I Inferno in the Cathedral as a Monk. I'm dying within seconds to every elite pack I come across, unless they have easy-mode abilities, which is rare. It seems every one is some combo of molten/mortar/waller/arcane/vortex.

I thought I was doing alright, but I can't progress at all now in the Cathedral.

Stats:

DPS 14388
26K Health
258 Resists to all
288 Life per hit
2557 Armor

Are any of those stats really low or am I just getting really, really bad luck with these ridiculous elite pack combos?

Get some higher resist and it should be manageable. I'd recommend going with a bit more evasive of a build myself but turtling up with resists and the like works as well.

Gila

What acts are good to farm gold? I'm just thinking of doing hell runs, cause act 1 inferno runs are taking to long for me. I wanna do like 10 mins/game and gain like 20k gold each run

Dahbomb

How much Resistance do I need for Act 2 Inferno as a DH to avoid getting one/two shotted?

Right now I have around 350s to 390s on most of my resistances. My health is around 25K and I am on the hunt for a 900-1000K damage weapon which I almost have the money farmed up for, my current one is just above 700 but has 100 Dex, a socket which has Crit Damage +60% rune and 18%+ IAS. Dexterity is at 1600 round about.

Last time I tried Act 2 I got to Road to Alcarnus and stopped. Could've progressed further but deaths were too frequent, it wasn't what I would call comfortable living.

What acts are good to farm gold? I'm just thinking of doing hell runs, cause act 1 inferno runs are taking to long for me. I wanna do like 10 mins/game and gain like 20k gold each run
If you have good GF gear, you can find the Royal Crypts way point in Act 1 Inferno and just smash the pots in that entire area. It's practically risk free and there a lot of pots to smash (you can also attempt the 50 items destroyed achievement). It's boring but it gets the job done in giving you easy gold.

Wallach

How much Resistance do I need for Act 2 Inferno as a DH to avoid getting one/two shotted?

Right now I have around 350s to 390s on most of my resistances. My health is around 25K and I am on the hunt for a 900-1000K damage weapon which I almost have the money farmed up for, my current one is just above 700 but has 100 Dex, a socket which has Crit Damage +60% rune and 18%+ IAS. Dexterity is at 1600 round about.

Last time I tried Act 2 I got to Road to Alcarnus and stopped. Could've progressed further but deaths were too frequent, it wasn't what I would call comfortable living.

Depends on what you're getting hit by. For the most part I think with another 10,000 HP you'd probably avoid a fair amount of one-shot kills, provided your armor was similarly invested in as your resistances (around 2.3-2.4k ish or so).

Dahbomb

Depends on what you're getting hit by. For the most part I think with another 10,000 HP you'd probably avoid a fair amount of one-shot kills, provided your armor was similarly invested in as your resistances (around 2.3-2.4k ish or so).
I have 2650 armor, so I guess that means that I need to look into getting into the 30K health range. Thanks.

Wallach

I have 2650 armor, so I guess that means that I need to look into getting into the 30K health range. Thanks.

You might as well in prep for 1.03. As things stand this journey of building for survivability ends in act 3 and you become reliant on spending Discipline to take any hits. A number of things in act 2 will do the same.

Man every time I think I'm gettign sick of farming, I buy an upgrade or two and it makes such a world of difference. I never thought I'd say this but doing 5 stack ZK > Belial runs on Inferno is now easy as hell as a Barb.

Here's unbuffed stats as well as the build I use

glkrG.jpg

ecIXx.jpg

Dahbomb

I actually have a decent amount of Discipline (50 total) and can get off a lot of SSs with the help of Prep. The problem is that there is a small gap in between the SS or when I am out of both Disc and Prep that I am running around kiting only to get clipped by something off screen, a fast Elite or the numerous other difficult to avoid attacks in the game.

2Crisis

Pretty sure every single elite pack I've run into in A3 inferno tonight has been reflect damage. I think I'm done for a while, way too aggravating. Now I 1 shot myself in addition to getting 1 shot from the monsters.

Wallach

I actually have a decent amount of Discipline (50 total) and can get off a lot of SSs with the help of Prep. The problem is that there is a small gap in between the SS or when I am out of both Disc and Prep that I am running around kiting only to get clipped by something off screen, a fast Elite or the numerous other difficult to avoid attacks in the game.

Yeah, I mean this is the life of every DH in Inferno. All I'm saying is that it is an unreasonably high bar to gear to survive these hits without mitigating them via Discipline come act 3. You can still gear high survival and run Gloom and it will extend your in-combat time w/ Discipline longer than SS will, with the caveat that you will now need to more actively mitigate damage with positioning. Otherwise you're pretty much stuck playing the SS game and avoiding one-shot kills until 1.03 comes out for everything beyond act 2.

Neki

Pretty sure every single elite pack I've run into in A3 inferno tonight has been reflect damage. I think I'm done for a while, way too aggravating. Now I 1 shot myself in addition to getting 1 shot from the monsters.

Better than constantly having waller/desecrate/vortex on everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom