• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

I loved this question, so much ether:

Question: Lack of transparency about how combat math works: Reports are coming in that many game mechanics do not work as they're reported to the players, if they're reported at all. Life Leech is nerfed in Inferno with no report to players; Life on Hit is modified on an ability-by-ability basis with no report to players; "chance on crit" runes don't provide any info on proc chance, or ICD's if any exist; certain monsters are immune to certain cc's (stuns, knockbacks, etc.) based either on type, champ/elite status, or based on which ability is used (runed Seismic versus Ground Stomp stun, for example;) no info was ever given on how bleed DoTs work (stacking, rolling, resetting.)

The list goes on, culminating in the fact that since Inferno mobs are of a higher level than the character, many of the character details about defense are useless even if technically correct.

Where is this information? Why don't players have access to it? If you want players to make smart choices about gearing and speccing, shouldn't this information be transparent and readily-available? A loot system that hides things isn't more complicated, just more frustrating - especially for novices; it's like trying to make 2+2=4 harder by hiding the plus sign under the sofa cushions.

This really chaps me also. Hiding shit, and not small shit either, gutting lifesteal by 80 fucking percent on Inferno and not telling you, thats fucking bullshit. Im pretty sure CC durations are effected too, but I cant be certain.

And wow at the way the Barb is the most played Hardcore class. Monks too. You would never think a melee would be so played in hardcore if all you did was read the message boards.

goldensun

So... someone linked a legendary named "Scuba Steve" in the General Chat. Clicked it out of curiosity and it crashed my game.

Can anyone explain to me what happened? Some kind of scripting error?

Anyone wannna try and get through act 4 inferno with me? We don't have to beat Diablo, just make it to him, haha.

Sublime #6909

Dying and running all the way back to where you died is just too boring for me. At least with 2 or more we can spawn on each others dead bodies and make a mad dash for check points.

I've got 45-49k dps (w/o sharpshooter), but as usual with most demon hunters, I die in one hit. :/

Wallach

Very very bad.

Luckily it's not as bad as it seems. It's actually a very similar bug to Diablo 2, where you can generate false item links using the hooks already in the chat system to generate clickable item links. The item itself does not actually exist.

The downside is that it is possible to generate a clickable link that contains bad data that will crash the client when it tries to generate the item description window. So you'll want to avoid clicking item links that are being sent by people you don't know for a while (i.e. General/Trade chat).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Decided to take advantage of this awkward stage and have now made over $400 and $150ish in Steam games so far and am still all geared up (except weapon and off hand :s) for when the next major patch comes out. I'm looking forward to the increased drop rates for inferno along with less cheap difficulty; the patch notes were positive all around. A friend gave me a med-high end wep and my dps will still be in the 60s so I shouldn't have a problem, AND I will actually have a chance to efficiently farm for my own upgrades! See you then, D3!

Where are you making trades?

Pm'd

gimmmick

Just finished act1 on inferno... was expecting the butcher to be a lot harder.

Not even 3 min of entering combat in act 2... and I'm dead =\

Time to switch up / upgrade my gear... again...

Wallach

Have made over $400 and $150ish in Steam games so far and am still all geared up (except weapon and off hand :s) for when the next major patch comes out. I'm looking forward to the increased drop rates for inferno along with less cheap difficulty; the patch notes were positive all around. A friend gave me a med-high end wep and my dps will still be in the 60s so I shouldn't have a problem, AND I will actually have a chance to farm for my own upgrades! See you then, D3!

Where are you making trades?

Just finished act1 on inferno... was expecting the butcher to be a lot harder.

Not even 3 min of entering combat in act 2... and I'm dead =

Time to switch up / upgrade my gear... again...
Act 1 inferno is pretty damn easy. You'll definitely need tons of resistance or go straight glass high dps and hope for the best if you're a range class.

Sothpaw

Act 1 inferno is pretty damn easy. You'll definitely need tons of resistance or go straight glass high dps and hope for the best if you're a range class.

Glass cannon is the way to go. I got over 40k dps for less than 1M gold on the AH. Midway through Act 3 now on my WD. 10K hp.

Wedge7

A common enough scam, and really, should be common sense, but quite frankly, these things seem to be highly effective and definitely something you should be aware of.

When your trading with other players, *this sounds so stupid*, always be sure to double check that the item is actually what they are selling. This is obvious, but a common tactic that alot of them seem to be doing recently, is putting the correct item in the trade window, you of course check and insure that its the correct item they were selling, and then suddenly closing the trade window, often accusing you off putting the gold amount too low, or some other nonsense. This will sorta set you off balance, and you will normally reassure them that you are infact honest, and placed the correct gold amount. They will then reopen the trade window, and now put the identical item in the window, but with different stats. IE, Selling DEX Andariels for a nice rate like 4mill, and then suddenly throw the strength one in the window on the second try.

Some guy just tryed to pull that one me, and to be honest, I probably would have fallen for it had I not read a thread on it literally the day before of people pulling off that scam. All I can say is, that exact scenario was playing in my head as the trade was going on, and I literally let out a "Not this time you piece of shit" as I moused over the now switched item.

Again, common sense really, but sometimes its an easy mistake to make, and quite an expensive one at that.

Radec

Just post what the exploit is, Gaf should be given every advantage possible!

I'll put it in 10 steps.

1. Team up with 3-4 Peeps (1 Should have high damage to kill ZK in less than 20sec)
2. Go to ZK quest
3. Let A do the quest and kill ZK (B, C, D just stay in the camp while A do his thing).
4. When ZK is dead, it will ask for you to talk to Adria, don't.
5. B C D will leave the game, then press Resume for solo play.
6. B C D on their respective games will talk to Adria.
(For maximum exp, C should wait for D to get his exp, then let him join D before talking to Adria). Same goes for B waiting for CD before getting his.)
7. B C D will join A
8. A will leave the game, and resume a solo game.
9. B C D will talk to Adria and get the EXP
10. B C D will join A again for the last talk to Adria.

D and C will probably get like 4-5x90k exp

Do this fast and you'll be 60 in no time.

Level 50+ should be in Hell, the rest, NM.

Azmodan's way was much easier, but now patched.

I guess the item raffle is popular. I've had to tell 4 people who PMed me so far to forward their stuff.

Clarified it a bit at the top of the OP though, so hopefully that stops.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
A common enough scam, and really, should be common sense, but quite frankly, these things seem to be highly effective and definitely something you should be aware of.

When your trading with other players, *this sounds so stupid*, always be sure to double check that the item is actually what they are selling. This is obvious, but a common tactic that alot of them seem to be doing recently, is putting the correct item in the trade window, you of course check and insure that its the correct item they were selling, and then suddenly closing the trade window, often accusing you off putting the gold amount too low, or some other nonsense. This will sorta set you off balance, and you will normally reassure them that you are infact honest, and placed the correct gold amount. They will then reopen the trade window, and now put the identical item in the window, but with different stats. IE, Selling DEX Andariels for a nice rate like 4mill, and then suddenly throw the strength one in the window on the second try.

Some guy just tryed to pull that one me, and to be honest, I probably would have fallen for it had I not read a thread on it literally the day before of people pulling off that scam. All I can say is, that exact scenario was playing in my head as the trade was going on, and I literally let out a "Not this time you piece of shit" as I moused over the now switched item.

Again, common sense really, but sometimes its an easy mistake to make, and quite an expensive one at that.
They should make trade a mini auction house,

When you trade with friends your gonna throw it on the ground most likely.

Anyone doing / up for keep depths lvl 1 chest farming NA?

^

Come to the GAF mumble chat for some farming action--farmed goblins and that chest all day (mostly goblins tho--that chest doesnt spawn so often).

That Reddit thread where the Blizz team answers questions is very much worth reading by the way. Hats off especially to that Wyatt Chen guy for very in-depth questions.

KKRT00

WTB Inferno HC A2 WP Road to Alcarnus, EU. :)

"This is a tip for people that want to skip Act II and move on to either Act III or Act IV.

Starts a game in single player in Act X quest X in hell mode, now leave your game and
go into a public game. You will now be in inferno Act X quest X. Leave game and then
resume game, and now your in single player Act X quest X but in inferno!!"

----

My yesterday coop session in act 1 Inferno from yesterday.
Killing elites from Minor to Butcher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTTmIL9hb4

My Monk's coop build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ackQgf!ZYU!acacaa

I'm so ready for farming act 1 extensively, but for act 2 i need additional 5-6m ;\
Bring 1.0.3 patch today Blizzard!

There is funny bug in this video, we got 3 Nephalem Valor stacks from killing one champion pack :)

Ps. Tempest Rush is so awesome, probably the best survival skill on Monk after Serenity.

m31

"This is a tip for people that want to skip Act II and move on to either Act III or Act IV.

Starts a game in single player in Act X quest X in hell mode, now leave your game and
go into a public game. You will now be in inferno Act X quest X. Leave game and then

I know dude but there are no public games on this quest on hardcore EU :(. When the 30 second looking for game timer ends, it tries to create a public game and error 316611 appears.

^

Come to the GAF mumble chat for some farming action--farmed goblins and that chest all day (mostly goblins tho--that chest doesnt spawn so often).

That Reddit thread where the Blizz team answers questions is very much worth reading by the way. Hats off especially to that Wyatt Chen guy for very in-depth questions.

How do I access the GAF mumble chat? I farm that fucking chest all day, would be nice to have some company

C.Dark.DN

Banned

----

My yesterday coop session in act 1. Killing elites from Minor to Butcher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTTmIL9hb4

My Monk's coop build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ackQgf!ZYU!acacaa

I'm so ready for farming act 1 extensively, but for act i need additional 5-6m ;
Bring 1.0.3 patch today Blizzard!
Is there something good and easy to farm in 3/4?

Cause the act 2 alcarnus gob keeps dropping shit for me.

Lord Phol

The patch notes looke pretty good, just wish this had been in the game from the start.
Feel a bit bummed about spending all my gold on semi-decent resistance gear for my barbarian trying to be able to farm act 2 (but not succeding), and now knowing I could just have saved the gold and continued to farm act 1 with my former gear after this patch :7.

> everybody says that Normal through hell are easy difficulties -> is having constant problems staying alive on Nightmare Act 4.

I should probably just turn in my gamer card at this point. I feel embarrassed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking though the developer interview, they clarified how magic find. It basically works the same way as it did in Diablo 2, it makes it so you find a better version of the item you would have found without MF.

Q: In Diablo 2, from my understanding, magic find took the base item of a predetermined loot table, and gave you a higher chance of rolling a higher quality version of that item. In Diablo 3, this no longer seems to be the case and with loot tables being so vast now, magic find seems almost too arbitrary, it just doesn’t feel like it’s worth it. Could you explain exactly how magic find affects item drops in Diablo 3, as a lot of people seem to be unsure how the mechanic has changed from Diablo 2? - EricGORE

A: The mechanic is exactly the same as Diablo 2, and as you describe it hear.
And the loot tables are not more vast than D2 because we don't allow items to drop below level 50 in Inferno. - JayPWilson

Also, I just can't beat Belial in Infernal. I think I need to get some more survivability, I am right now at about 400k EHP, I think I need to find a way to boost my Vit and Armor without loosing to much of something else. My AR is pretty good, being 850 buffed.

To vent some steam, I went to normal and punched Diablo to Death with my Wizard.

Lord Phol

> everybody says that Normal through hell are easy difficulties -> is having constant problems staying alive on Nightmare Act 4.

I had that problem as well, opressors can be a bitch. But I just changed around some skills and then it went buttersmooth. Don't give up!

I'm on act 2 inferno now and im playing a barbarian. If I can manage so can you!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Just need to look at your skills and see if you have synergy.

Also make sure your gear is close to your level.

joesmokey

Anyone doing / up for keep depths lvl 1 chest farming NA?
Reports on d2jsp are that the chest farming has been slightly nerfed. After farming it today for some time, I tend to agree as it doesn't spawn nearly as often anymore with the correct map type.

With multiple people it can still be effective, but definitely not as quick as it used to be.

Rokk

Neo Member
Reports on d2jsp are that the chest farming has been slightly nerfed. After farming it today for some time, I tend to agree as it doesn't spawn nearly as often anymore with the correct map type.

With multiple people it can still be effective, but definitely not as quick as it used to be.

Mm I was wondering that. Still had a few spawn. Any other good chest spots?

glaurung

Killed Diablo last night. Got stuck on an early boss in Act IV, went public and ended up killing Diablo with a female Barbarian. Level 32 by the end.

Some of the late Act III stuff was absolutely brutal though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I bet buying a few pieces of gear for 10-20k would go a long way.

It's been spawning fine for me. Got probably 20 rares tonight in about 5 hours.

Hero

I currently have the Staff of Herding for Nightmare, is it worth it for me to upgrade all the way to Inferno?

Kind of not sure where I should be farming right now. I just cleared Act 1 Inferno and I could probably go through Act 2 Inferno but I'd rather save time/frustration and wait for the patch to balance it.

joesmokey

This is probably a stupid question, but does Magic Find affect crafting? If you craft with high MF, will you have a chance at better stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom