• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

I currently have the Staff of Herding for Nightmare, is it worth it for me to upgrade all the way to Inferno?

Kind of not sure where I should be farming right now. I just cleared Act 1 Inferno and I could probably go through Act 2 Inferno but I'd rather save time/frustration and wait for the patch to balance it.
What is the Staff of Herding? I got the plans for it somewhere in Act IV Normal, but the components include stuff that I haven't even seen in the game yet.

What is the Staff of Herding? I got the plans for it somewhere in Act IV Normal, but the components include stuff that I haven't even seen in the game yet.

key to the pony level, Diablo3's cow level
took me 2 nights to farm the mats, depends on how lucky you are I guess

Wallach

Any DH advice for fast scavengers in the A3 ice cavern? I don't think I ever die less than like 5 times trying to kill any scav packs with this modifier. Other than wait for this game to get out of beta next patch.

Neki

Any DH advice for fast scavengers in the A3 ice cavern? I don't think I ever die less than like 5 times trying to kill any scav packs with this modifier. Other than wait for this game to get out of beta next patch.

Scavengers, you mean the frogs? You just have to accept that you'll die. And lots of off screen shooting too. Zerging them is really the only viable way right now, lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Start a petition to have Tyrael as a follower.

Wallach

Scavengers, you mean the frogs? You just have to accept that you'll die. And lots of off screen shooting too. Zerging them is really the only viable way right now, lol.

Yeah, the little frog-looking fuckers that can burrow. It's one of the few enemy types along with lickers that I feel like even with endless kiting space I couldn't kill without repeated deaths. If they have an easy roll I can sometimes pick them off with SS and root Caltrops, but like Fast is guaranteed death. It's so shitty.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Da hell? My friend just exited out of a game we were in, checked his inventory via the AH sell page, and all his regular gear was gone from his inventory (he had swapped it out with MF gear). A whole row of gear in his inventory gone.

WTF?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Explain further! Are you talking about the ones he summons in the event or just the ones randomly in the level?

One of the ones he summons. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Jondar himself because I remember the templar and him still blabbing when I noticed the orange item name.

koji

Can someone explain this to me?

d3hacked.JPG

Someone just linked it in general, took a screen at work. Hack? Bug? Exploit?

Dynoro

Can someone explain this to me?

d3hacked.JPG

Someone just linked it in general, took a screen at work. Hack? Bug? Exploit?

Same as in wow - people just spoofing a made up item using the link hashtag. The item doesn't exist - some even crash the client when opened if the game cannot interpret it properly.

Xanathus

That probably explains the screenshot of the 2000+ dps 2hander someone linked claiming to see it on the Asian servers last month.

It was mainly (Act 4 Spoilers:)
Rakinoth
preventing me from being able to progress. I had to get a friend to help me kill him since I am too broke to buy some better equipment.

I actually do okay on mobs.

equil

Whats the consensus on "Critical Hit Damage" increase vs "IAS" for Demonhunters?

I'm thinking since they're about to nerf "IAS" equips should I focus more on Critical hit increase?

Whats the consensus on "Critical Hit Damage" increase vs "IAS" for Demonhunters?

I'm thinking since they're about to nerf "IAS" equips should I focus more on Critical hit increase?

It's not like you have to choose anyway.

On some items you can get only one of them and on others you can find items with both

Guys Im having trouble get passed the Act 1 inferno Gear check(get raped by rare mobs in the catheral), i am trying to farm ponieland hell(enemies there pack a punch) for gear but arent getting much luck.

Where are you guys getting your 800 DPS loot from? only have 100k as most of the money was spent on upgrading the staff to get to the hell variant, my current weapon is 550 DPS but have an armour rating of 2550 (without force armour). how do i buff up without the AH?

my MF is 175% with 5*NV btw..

Anyone have a good WD setup? Im trying to charge through normal/hell/nm at the moment (up to last act of normal)
I was using zombie dogs x4, giant, haunt, spirit walk,the ground slow ive forgot the name of and darts which worked quite well.

Not really sure what else to go with or what have good synergy.

It really sucks not having 300k and a massivlly upgraded jeweler/blacksmith :(
Server transfers or a global account would be nice.

gotoadgo

Guys Im having trouble get passed the Act 1 inferno Gear check(get raped by rare mobs in the catheral), i am trying to farm ponieland hell(enemies there pack a punch) for gear but arent getting much luck.

Where are you guys getting your 800 DPS loot from? only have 100k as most of the money was spent on upgrading the staff to get to the hell variant, my current weapon is 550 DPS but have an armour rating of 2550 (without force armour). how do i buff up without the AH?

At the moment the AH is the only realistic way to gear if you're stuck in Act 1 inferno. The gear that act 1 drops is garbage and wont really help you too much in clearing any further. The best advice I got was clear up to the skeleton king and kill him, rinse and repeat until you're solid at it then move to Butcher. You should get a hefty amount of gold and hopefully some drops that net you some cash that you can use to upgrade.

eek5

800 DPS really only drops later (at least A2). What class are you? I pick up lower DPS weapons all the time that I just vendor. I could probably hook you up with something.

Neki

You could probably get a 1000 DPS 2-hander from a kind gaffer. :p

Kyoufu

Anyone else having awful fps lag today? Seems like the patch killed my framerate. It's absolutely unplayable right now.
LLShC.gif

Totakeke

Whoever said that the secret level in inferno is good for farming is a liar! The mobs and elites in there have far too much hp and the chests are no good.

At the moment the AH is the only realistic way to gear if you're stuck in Act 1 inferno. The gear that act 1 drops is garbage and wont really help you too much in clearing any further. The best advice I got was clear up to the skeleton king and kill him, rinse and repeat until you're solid at it then move to Butcher. You should get a hefty amount of gold and hopefully some drops that net you some cash that you can use to upgrade.
right, I guess this is where the grind starts...

800 DPS really only drops later (at least A2). What class are you? I pick up lower DPS weapons all the time that I just vendor. I could probably hook you up with something.
Im a Glass Cannon Wizard, with 11k dmg (without magic weapon), my main problem is staying alive long enough to put them down, that and the fact that the wizard runs like a snail(with 12% movement speed boots!), might try that instant teleport rune..

You could probably get a 1000 DPS 2-hander from a kind gaffer. :p

Thanks guys, i wouldnt say no to some help :D.

They've clearly balanced this game with a heavy bias towards the AH, friends I played with would scoff whenever i bought anything off there as its "cheating", funny thing is they now buy gear just to get past Hell lol...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I'm like "hey I should buy a +20 mf helm with socket so I can max out my mf in that slot." Then I search for one in the ah, but can't find a helm that has natural 20mf since everyone's putting topazes in the sockets :/

Rufus

So I'm like "hey I should buy a +20 mf helm with socket so I can max out my mf in that slot." Then I search for one in the ah, but can't find a helm that has natural 20mf since everyone's putting topazes in the sockets :/
Socketed gems really shouldn't come up in that search.

What is Monk's 'get the f out the way' move? I've been using Tempest Rush with movement speed rune to get around but so far on heavy hitters, charging through them when a heavily telegraphed move is coming still leads to me getting hit. I could go back or even sideways but then I'd have to walk my way back in. It seriously looks like I won't get hit.

Probably most obvious on Siegebreaker when I TR'd through him, was behind him then got caught by his grab. Either the move doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong

Grampasso

Search for 40MF minimum. The gem bonus is included in the search, if I remember correctly
@Rufus: Yes they are, I searched for a Dex chest and I found a chest with no native +DEX but with 3 socketed emeralds in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom