• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

I think I am going to roll a Wizard until the new patch is out, because i'm tired of running the Butcher. Can any of you guys post some of your Inferno builds for me to check out?

What is Monk's 'get the f out the way' move? I've been using Tempest Rush with movement speed rune to get around but so far on heavy hitters, charging through them when a heavily telegraphed move is coming still leads to me getting hit. I could go back or even sideways but then I'd have to walk my way back in. It seriously looks like I won't get hit.

Probably most obvious on Siegebreaker when I TR'd through him, was behind him then got caught by his grab. Either the move doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong
I use seven sided strike as a dodge with the reduced CD rune. You're invulnerable, mobs will just stand there while the move is happening, and it does decent damage.

Serenity obviously as well. Blinding flash can interrupt some attacks. I also activate mantra of evasion every three seconds for the constant dodge chance.

smiggyRT

Found my first artisan plan:

awysF.jpg

Still no legendary or set items though, 75+ hours played.

scy

This really chaps me also. Hiding shit, and not small shit either, gutting lifesteal by 80 fucking percent on Inferno and not telling you, thats fucking bullshit. Im pretty sure CC durations are effected too, but I cant be certain.

I still think that just giving Life Steal% thresholds might have been a better option than just flat out reducing it (or reducing it to 100% Normal/100% Nightmare/66% Hell/33% Inferno). Then again, the goal was to have LoH the better option until ~80k+ Damage and that's basically where they got it to.

...not that you need that much Damage for pretty much anything, however.

And wow at the way the Barb is the most played Hardcore class. Monks too. You would never think a melee would be so played in hardcore if all you did was read the message boards.

I figured it'd be a lot of Witch Doctors for farming/early progression (low level Cheat Death) and then a lot of Monks at the high-end (good survivability + cheat death) with Barbs in third. Looks like I basically had the list backwards~

Hardcore is pretty much the definition of how they imagined the loot progression to work out; too bad softcore kind of shit itself :x

Fox318

I don't know how people beat the game so fast.

I'm level 20 and only partway through act 2.

With at least 27 hours put in.

scy

I think I am going to roll a Wizard until the new patch is out, because i'm tired of running the Butcher. Can any of you guys post some of your Inferno builds for me to check out?

Here's my +25% Movement / 2.5+ Attacks Per Second Wizard build. Unfortunately, 1.0.3 may mess with things here since I'm so Attack Speed reliant so I'm not sure how viable it will be in about a month. I figure by the time the patch hits that I'll have farmed enough gear to switch to something else entirely, though I'm not sure what yet as any other build is AP limited and doesn't benefit from Attack Speed all that much (or is bad with Attack Speed like Disintegrate).

Lanbeast

I don't know how people beat the game so fast.

I'm level 20 and only partway through act 2.

With at least 27 hours put in.

I think a lot of the people posting here have put in 5 times the amount of hours you have. Even without having a whole lot of free time, I've put in ~110 hours.

edit: Oh, yeah...I guess you aren't very far for putting 27 hours in. It doesn't matter though, as long as you're having fun with it!

V_Arnold

Here's my +25% Movement / 2.5+ Attacks Per Second Wizard build. Unfortunately, 1.0.3 may mess with things here since I'm so Attack Speed reliant so I'm not sure how viable it will be in about a month. I figure by the time the patch hits that I'll have farmed enough gear to switch to something else entirely, though I'm not sure what yet as any other build is AP limited and doesn't benefit from Attack Speed all that much (or is bad with Attack Speed like Disintegrate).

One thing I do not get is why you are not running the "chance to stun" variant on blizzard. Also, I have found the 2 mimics variant on teleport a bit more useful for baiting (and took blur instead of glass cannonig, but that is just to be overly safe, I guess..)

Concept17

Hit 60 last night on my Witch Doctor, and beat Hell mode. Acts 3 and 4 were pretty challenging and have been the highlight of the game for me. I picked up a really nice helm with +48 AR and some other stuff on it. Was super excited, and it looks awesome.

That being said I'll be trying some Inferno, but I'm not sure where to start as far as what kind of gear to buy. Do I want to get as many resistances as possible and max DPS? How important is life and armor at this point?

Don't want to waste money on items that aren't going to work. I'm currently sitting at 12k dps 2100 armor and 200-300 resistances. ~25k life.

scy

One thing I do not get is why you are not running the "chance to stun" variant on blizzard. Also, I have found the 2 mimics variant on teleport a bit more useful for baiting (and took blur instead of glass cannonig, but that is just to be overly safe, I guess..)

Because I'd rather chain three-four Blizzards in a row to kite enemies through rather than sometimes root one but still get pursued by the rest. It's the same reason as to why I'm contemplating dropping Paralysis as all it really accomplishes is breaking up a tight pack of enemies. I may go back to Arcane Dynamo to boost Hydra/Blizzard DPS since I spam so many Signature Spells anyway.

As for Glass Cannon, it's not as bad as it seems for damage taken. I can still take quite a few hits in Act 1 (enough to the point that Prismatic Armor > Force Armor) and if I can replace my bad slots (no All Resist Shoulder, Chest, Belt, or Helm!), Act 2 and 3 will end up the same.

We'll see. I had two nice upgrades on bid (Flavor of Time, Hierophant's Seal) but I don't think I got either :/ These auctions need to stop ending when I'm sleeping or at work.

Edit: As for Fracture, I admit that Wormhole is there mainly because I like to Teleport four times for the distance lol.

V_Arnold

Because I'd rather chain three-four Blizzards in a row to kite enemies through rather than sometimes root one but still get pursued by the rest. It's the same reason as to why I'm contemplating dropping Paralysis as all it really accomplishes is breaking up a tight pack of enemies. I may go back to Arcane Dynamo to boost Hydra/Blizzard DPS since I spam so many Signature Spells anyway.

As for Glass Cannon, it's not as bad as it seems for damage taken. I can still take quite a few hits in Act 1 (enough to the point that Prismatic Armor > Force Armor) and if I can replace my bad slots (no All Resist Shoulder, Chest, Belt, or Helm!), Act 2 and 3 will end up the same.

We'll see. I had two nice upgrades on bid (Flavor of Time, Hierophant's Seal) but I don't think I got either :/ These auctions need to stop ending when I'm sleeping or at work.

Edit: As for Fracture, I admit that Wormhole is there mainly because I like to Teleport four times for the distance lol.

Of course, I use Glass Cannon in Act1, it is basically child's play after a certain point, with only a few weirdo mortar-based elite actually posing a challenge. You might be right with the Blizzard explanation, I will check it out today :D

scy

Of course, I use Glass Cannon in Act1, it is basically child's play after a certain point, with only a few weirdo mortar-based elite actually posing a challenge. You might be right with the Blizzard explanation, I will check it out today :D

I should also add that I'm like the worst at single clicking ever so I end up double tapping Blizzard drops. Snowbound at least lets me not blow all my AP when I spaz out clicking everywhere!

Rooting them is nice for single target (or small packs) that you're kiting in a tight circle though. Gives you the option of just stopping to shoot for a few seconds while they're stuck. I tend to kite long narrow distances so I like to do Blizzard chains with Hydra recasts.

DSmalls84

I should also add that I'm like the worst at single clicking ever so I end up double tapping Blizzard drops. Snowbound at least lets me not blow all my AP when I spaz out clicking everywhere!

Rooting them is nice for single target (or small packs) that you're kiting in a tight circle though. Gives you the option of just stopping to shoot for a few seconds while they're stuck. I tend to kite long narrow distances so I like to do Blizzard chains with Hydra recasts.

Could you explain why you don't run with Magic missle? Seems like most of the builds I see are similar but use Seeking Missle. Is it just so you can proc stuns with the passives?

KKRT00

Fuck shielding ;\ fuck it hard. Who thought that hitting shielded enemies cant generate spirit is good idea?
What a piece of shit ;\

scosher

Could you explain why you don't run with Magic missle? Seems like most of the builds I see are similar but use Seeking Missle. Is it just so you can proc stuns with the passives?

I think the only benefit Magic Missile would have over Shock Pulse's Piercing Orb is better single target DPS for bosses and what not. Otherwise I generally find Piercing Orb to be more versatile overall (great range, oscillates to hit packs, and obviously pierces), and it's not like its damage is terrible for bosses.

Also, I'm trying to build more +Movement speed...how do you get up to 25%? I only have 12% from Boots atm.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Hit 60 last night on my Witch Doctor, and beat Hell mode. Acts 3 and 4 were pretty challenging and have been the highlight of the game for me. I picked up a really nice helm with +48 AR and some other stuff on it. Was super excited, and it looks awesome.

That being said I'll be trying some Inferno, but I'm not sure where to start as far as what kind of gear to buy. Do I want to get as many resistances as possible and max DPS? How important is life and armor at this point?

Don't want to waste money on items that aren't going to work. I'm currently sitting at 12k dps 2100 armor and 200-300 resistances. ~25k life.

You'll be fine for Act 1, Act 2 is a different story. After reading the 1.0.3 preview, I'm going to stop playing my 60 WD and concentrate on getting another character to 60.

Fox318

Its normal, what loot are You talking about? :>

I think part of my problem is I'm picking up everything then transporting to sell stuff to a NPC, salvage it, or put it on the auction house.

I've spent most of my gold on upgrading the blacksmith.

I guess I should stop selling normal loot for 3 coins to the npc.

garath

I think part of my problem is I'm picking up everything then transporting to sell stuff to a NPC, salvage it, or put it on the auction house.

Hey, play however you enjoy the game :) Though I found out real early whites aren't worth the backpack space.

scy

It's because Seeker Missile is better single-target, Piercing Orb is better pack clearing. I do full Act clears when I'm farming (well, mostly full) so I'd rather Orb spam endlessly.

Seeker Missile is my "I'm killing just the boss" build, though it's rougher for clearing trash to get that 5x NV.

Edit: It's great for Diablo though!

TheYanger

Picking up white items to vendor is kind of the equivilent of seeing a penny on the ground from your car on the other side of the road, going to the next light, and making a U turn to get that one cent. While on your way to the bank to cash a check for 50 bucks. You could literally break a jar in act 1 normal and get 5 times that much gold with none of the hassle or transport time.

You'll get over it :)

When you aren't level 60 every piece of equipment should have +20 exp from monsters. IMO. You don't need to care that much about the earlier stuff because it all becomes hot garbage quickly in Hell/Inferno.

I tried to do the go look at everything then I realized you won't see everything until you play a bunch of times through because some of the dungeons/events wont even show up unless you load reload maps and look for it.

scy

Also, I'm trying to build more +Movement speed...how do you get up to 25%? I only have 12% from Boots atm.

Currently:

+12% Boots
+7% Ring (Unity)
+6% Bracers (Lacuni Prowlers)

I'm trying to get a +7% Amulet with Attack Speed (Flavor of Time) so I can switch the Unity out for a good Hierophant's Seal (+Life%, +Attack Speed, +Vitality). Tyrael's Might (Chest) will probably be the upgrade that lets me swap out the Prowlers unless I get the most awesome of awesome Inna's Glory pants to replace my two socket 80 INT 150 VIT 60 All Resist pants.

rybrad

Are any of these non glass cannon Demon Hunter builds any good? I am currently farming Act 3 but getting one shot from offscreen is getting really old so I am looking for something with a little more breathing room for farming.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, 1.0.3 just seem to be exactly what D3 needed to be on launch day. Holy sweet tits Diablo Batman.

Picking up white items to vendor is kind of the equivilent of seeing a penny on the ground from your car on the other side of the road, going to the next light, and making a U turn to get that one cent. While on your way to the bank to cash a check for 50 bucks. You could literally break a jar in act 1 normal and get 5 times that much gold with none of the hassle or transport time.

Hahahahah.

datamage

Wow, 1.0.3 just seem to be exactly what D3 needed to be on launch day. Holy sweet tits Diablo Batman.

Yeah, they should've been building off of 1.0.3 already, not spending time with what's in 1.0.3. Oh well, at least this patch is coming relatively soon. (I hope.)

This is perfect haha.

scy

Yeah, they should've been building off of 1.0.3 already, not spending time with what's in 1.0.3. Oh well, at least this patch is coming relatively soon. (I hope.)

Yeah. As awesome as "Sweet, nice loot in Act 1!" is, in about a week or so I should be comfortable farming Act 3 or 4 full run clears instead so all I really have to look forward to is ... uh, maybe better drops and my Attack Speed items being worse :x

Fox318

I can't just leave these pennies here. The nice people in the chat window have told me ways I can make money off of it.

GorillaJu

Why are Lacuni Prowlers valuable? Is +MS rare on non-boot items?

Just had some drop for me with a decent roll (+65 int, 7% ms, %12 IAS and +2% crit chance). Was bout to throw them on my wizard alt but saw that they fetch a lot of money (relative to my meager bank balance) in the AH.

Any advice on what I should sell mine for?

AEREC

nice analogy...I really dont get the point of having non magic weapons in the game. Nobody ever uses them and they just stay on the ground.

What purpose do they have?

rybrad

nice analogy...I really dont get the point of having non magic weapons in the game. Nobody ever uses them and they just stay on the ground.

I believe their reasoning was they liked the "loot explosion" and finding something good (relatively speaking) amongst all the crap.

GorillaJu

So something is dropping that the player has no reason to pick up. There's a little bit of a psychological effect at work.

DSmalls84

Anyone else been getting terrible lag the last few days? I'm doing Butcher runs and basically my ping drops from under 200 to over a 1000, all the enemies stop moving, and a few seconds later a mob is on me and I'm dead. They have got to get this straight before the increased repair cost. Prior to the last few days I haven't had any of these issues.

ShaneB

Just to give value to magic items. Whites make blues seem special. Blues make yellows seem special, etc.

At least that's my take on it. If more blue items dropped all the time, they become the new vendor trash.

KKRT00

Its absent on other non-unique items. Only boots spawn +movement suffix.

Just to give value to magic items. Whites make blues seem special. Blues make yellows seem special, etc.

At least that's my take on it. If more blue items dropped all the time, they become the new vendor trash.

My take is that they had much more advanced crafting that used white items like 'superior' ones, but they've scraped that and left whites drops untouched.

scy

Just had some drop for me with a decent roll (+65 int, 7% ms, %12 IAS and +2% crit chance). Was bout to throw them on my wizard alt but saw that they fetch a lot of money (relative to my meager bank balance) in the AH.

Any advice on what I should sell mine for?

INT, max MS, okay IAS (13% is max roll), and crit? Probably a good amount, maybe close to a million? Dunno, really; I got my 6% MS/13% IAS +40 INT ones for a 400k bid snipe before maintenance.

Prowlers are nice because not only does it roll Movement speed on a non-boot slot but it also rolls Attack Speed on a non-Gloves slot (the only Armor slot that can normally roll Attack Speed). It even has _3_ random affixes to roll! They're almost universally terrible but 3 of them!

It's the same reason why Boj Anglers (+Attack Speed Boots) are worth more than they'd appear for a really low level Unique. Same for Unity (+Movement Speed Ring), Tal Rasha Guardianship (+Attack Speed Chest), Inna's Glory (+Movement, +Attack Speed Pants), Andariel's Visage / Mempo of Twilight (+Attack Speed Helms), etc.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My take is that they had much more advanced crafting that used white items like 'superior' ones, but they've scraped that and left whites drops untouched.

Negative.

Blues and yellows are just white items with additional properties randomly prescribed to them. So a blue with +50% damage that's based on a "superior" version of a weapon, for example, is going to have higher damage than one based on the non-superior version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom