• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm a fan of the idea of giving white items some function, similarly to D2. For instance, they could rework the crafting system to an "imbue" system that requires a base white item whenever you want to make something. Maybe only for ilvl 61+ items so it's less arduous for leveling gear. That way, white items with Enhanced Damage or other small boosts like they currently have will be good to see drop, and it connects the blacksmith to the loot hunt in a direct way that I think will just make the whole crafting situation *feel* better.

GorillaJu

INT, max MS, okay IAS (13% is max roll), and crit? Probably a good amount, maybe close to a million? Dunno, really; I got my 6% MS/13% IAS +40 INT ones for a 400k bid snipe before maintenance.

Prowlers are nice because not only does it roll Movement speed on a non-boot slot but it also rolls Attack Speed on a non-Gloves slot (the only Armor slot that can normally roll Attack Speed). It even has _3_ random affixes to roll! They're almost universally terrible but 3 of them!

It's the same reason why Boj Anglers (+Attack Speed Boots) are worth more than they'd appear for a really low level Unique. Same for Unity (+Movement Speed Ring), Tal Rasha Guardianship (+Attack Speed Chest), Inna's Glory (+Movement, +Attack Speed Pants), Andariel's Visage / Mempo of Twilight (+Attack Speed Helms), etc.

Thanks.

The cheapest buyout at the moment is 1.3 mil, so given the crit chance and INT, I might shoot a little higher.

Zampano

Well, found my limit. I just don't have the stomach for Act 2 Hell. My level 54 Monk is getting ruined. Good thing probably - I'm cripplingly addicted so not being able to go further is a wonderful thing. Case in point - I'm working at home today and have put in about five hours.

I hate myself sometimes :/

V_Arnold

I'm a fan of the idea of giving white items some function, similarly to D2. For instance, they could rework the crafting system to an "imbue" system that requires a base white item whenever you want to make something. Maybe only for ilvl 61+ items so it's less arduous for leveling gear. That way, white items with Enhanced Damage or other small boosts like they currently have will be good to see drop, and it connects the blacksmith to the loot hunt in a direct way that I think will just make the whole crafting situation *feel* better.

Good idea. I definitely feel like Blizzard intentionally went with the basics at this release, and give or take 6-18 months, this game's crafting system (along other systems) will be way more advanced. What is great is that the framework, the basics, are the best in this genre, I believe.

When you aren't level 60 every piece of equipment should have +20 exp from monsters. IMO. You don't need to care that much about the earlier stuff because it all becomes hot garbage quickly in Hell/Inferno.

I tried to do the go look at everything then I realized you won't see everything until you play a bunch of times through because some of the dungeons/events wont even show up unless you load reload maps and look for it.

Or you could just buy best ruby you can afford and enjoy 20% or more boost ;)

scy

Thanks.

The cheapest buyout at the moment is 1.3 mil, so given the crit chance and INT, I might shoot a little higher.

Keep in mind that +Movement Speed and +Attack Speed builds for Wizard and Witch Doctor are a lot more popular now than when I got mine. You should be able to get a good sum for yours just due to that.

Much to the dismay of poor Wizard and WDs everywhere, I imagine :x

Or you could just buy best ruby you can afford and enjoy 20% or more boost ;)

+EXP on every item slot is better than Rubies in your Helm :x +20% isn't that much when some enemies still only give a few hundred EXP and you can get to +200 to +300 EXP per kill.

Yeah that was really nice mechanic in D2.

And also 3 rings to amulet and vice versa mechanic would be good to have back in some form :)

scy

Made my first 1M+ sale. Oh, glorious day!

I'm rich GAF

It's a good feeling. And then you blow it all on one item. Or maybe that's just me. :/

10M -> a few hundred thousand if I won the auctions I bid on!
Secretly hoping I lost

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
It's because Seeker Missile is better single-target, Piercing Orb is better pack clearing. I do full Act clears when I'm farming (well, mostly full) so I'd rather Orb spam endlessly.

Seeker Missile is my "I'm killing just the boss" build, though it's rougher for clearing trash to get that 5x NV.

Edit: It's great for Diablo though!

Other advantages of Seeker Missile are it shoots around corners. You can also be kiting/running backwards, and shoot straight ahead of you, without having to turn around to aim.

KKRT00

Negative.

Blues and yellows are just white items with additional properties randomly prescribed to them. So a blue with +50% damage that's based on a "superior" version of a weapon, for example, is going to have higher damage than one based on the non-superior version.

Nope, You're wrong. Superior/Excellent and other white items have completely different suffixes than magic items.
For example weapons has +0.xx-0.xx Attacks Per Second and Armors pieces has +% Armor. Magic items dont spawn any of those suffixes.

windz

Managed to find an average MH(900dps ias blue) and an OH for *97K LOL* (60-300 with ~80-90 int/vit) and took down inferno diablo 2 nights ago. I can't believe how long I held onto a slow 2hander with 1150 dps. The difference a fast MH/OH was incredible. I had to farm quite a bit of gear to clear out A4 though. Took a bit of learning the fight/getting used to being melee'd from miles away =P but he went down after a couple hours of attempts. My first time out of phase 2 and I got him. It's really just a survivability/endurance fight more than anything. It just takes a while to kill him. Stats: 46k Health, ~550+ all resists, 33k dps. Class was Wizard for those wondering. I am now playing Hardcore Barb with some friends (another Barb and Wizard) and am having a blast. I had an obsession with finishing Inferno so it's nice to have that off my back lol. Hardcore is fun stuff :).

EDIT: Passives were Blur/Illusionist/Galvanizing ward. Focused solely on surviving. Arcane missile+seeker/Venom Hydra/Wormhole Teleport/Crystal Shell Diamond Skin/Force Armor/Magic Weap. Opted out of glass cannon just to be able to take a hit on the occasion he'd teleport onto me randomly.

scy

Other advantages of Seeker Missile are it shoots around corners. You can also be kiting/running backwards, and shoot straight ahead of you, without having to turn around to aim.

The base cast speed for it is also much faster than Piercing Orb. It's ridiculous how fast I machine gun with it. I'll probably switch to Seeker in a (much higher) base Damage build when 1.0.3 reduces my total Attack Speed effectiveness and just Arcane Dynamo (or Arcane Hydra and Temporal Flux?!) build instead.

The variety in builds once you overcome gear checks is great and I really hope that 1.0.3 lets more people reach that point. It's fun seeing what you can push out when you outgear certain skills or passive "requirements."

Zeppelin

110 hours in I got my first Legendary: a 250 dps spear. Not of much use to my 45k dps DH. Or anyone else for that matter. Salvaging...

eek5

That's the dumbest thing I ever read.

They should've made it so you could use white items in crafting somehow. I've seen some really good base rolls on sacred shields (20% base block) but it's just worthless because you can't do anything with it lol

edit: what's even dumber is that you can search specifically for shitty white items in the AH. what a waste of space lol

calder

When I saw the commodities on the AH again last night I went a little... nuts. Bought a shit ton of gems, like 30 artisan books and went nuts combining gems. Finally, able to make square cuts! Huzzah!

But holy shit did I run out of cash fast. I didn't realize it was 7500 per gem combo at a certain point, and even worse I started with the gems I DON'T EVEN FREAKING USE so now I have 3-4 square/perfect square amethyst and topaz... and no money left to combine the emeralds and rubies my monk would actually use. Feels great to still have 5 perfect emeralds equipped while Covetous presumably laughs his ass off over the unused flawless square topazes in my stash.

Neki

When I saw the commodities on the AH again last night I went a little... nuts. Bought a shit ton of gems, like 30 artisan books and went nuts combining gems. Finally, able to make square cuts! Huzzah!

But holy shit did I run out of cash fast. I didn't realize it was 7500 per gem combo at a certain point, and even worse I started with the gems I DON'T EVEN FREAKING USE so now I have 3-4 square/perfect square amethyst and topaz... and no money left to combine the emeralds and rubies my monk would actually use. Feels great to still have 5 perfect emeralds equipped while Covetous presumably laughs his ass off over the unused flawless square topazes in my stash.

Should have waited for the patch if you were making squares into radiants. :O

Zaptruder

Banned
110 hours in I got my first Legendary: a 250 dps spear. Not of much use to my 45k dps DH. Or anyone else for that matter. Salvaging...

Yeah, no point getting to excited about legendaries. It's just a thing that takes up space in your stash while you wait for them to patch it.

Jasoneyu

They should've made it so you could use white items in crafting somehow. I've seen some really good base rolls on sacred shields (20% base block) but it's just worthless because you can't do anything with it lol

edit: what's even dumber is that you can search specifically for shitty white items in the AH. what a waste of space lol

Or make it so that I don't accidently pick up 5 or so whites whenever I click to move or attack. Dives me crazy stopping ever so often just to drop a bunch of items i don't need.

TommyT

nice analogy...I really dont get the point of having non magic weapons in the game. Nobody ever uses them and they just stay on the ground.

What purpose do they have?

Per the Reddit conversation I was told (by a friend who read it) loot works something like this:

When a mob spawns it has a certain item or items it will drop. Based on your MF, you will roll to see the rarity/properties of the item.

Zaptruder

Banned

Oh man... this is really the secret sauce they should've been looking for.

Fire the blacksmith - hire an enchanter.

So instead of crafting whatever item - you have to find the white version of it first, then bring it to the enchanter to make it a magic version. And he can have the same progression as the blacksmith - where you have to train him before he can enchant certain types of gear.

Throw in the chance for rare enchants automatically - and tomes can guarantee rare enchants with certain number of affixes.

Vodh

You do know that squares sell for around 200 and flawless squares sell for under 2k, right? Combining anything below turning flawless squares into perfect squares is just not a very good idea.

scy

Wait, you don't need Amethysts? Life on Hit on the weapon is better than minor amounts of +Damage unless you're at a really low level. Or I guess if you're steamrolling content anyway but then the +Damage doesn't really help that much there either.

Also, you really should have waited for the patch for this :x Or just bought the gems straight. Flawless Squares are like ~1-2k gold due to how common they are.

Yeah, no point getting to excited about legendaries. It's just a thing that takes up space in your stash while you wait for them to patch it.

I thought the patch wasn't going to be retro active. It's also not coming in 1.0.3. I was under the imrpession that you either sell them or salvage them if they're that terrible. You can at least get a rare crafting item from them or some gold.

scy

I thought the patch wasn't going to be retro active. It's also not coming in 1.0.3. I was under the imrpession that you either sell them or salvage them if they're that terrible. You can at least get a rare crafting item from them or some gold.

dat sweet vendor gold :x

At least you can get a Legendary Salvage component out of it. I guess.

calder

You do know that squares sell for around 200 and flawless squares sell for under 2k, right? Combining anything below turning flawless squares into perfect squares is just not a very good idea.

Not really, but I did do a quick scan of the different qualities and tried to buy only the best value ones for what I needed, which is why I didn't bother buying normals even though it kills me to have 2 normal gems taking up space (to say nothing of the occasional chipped I still have due to my gaming inventory OCD). But still annoying as hell as I spent 100K and ended up not being able to upgrade my gear (which is what I wanted to do most of all) due to horrible planning and not thinking about what I was doing.

Next time I'll check the prices further up the chain before I go nuts jewelcrafting though. I was too focused on upgrading the perfects and radiants I was stuck using forever because I couldn't skill Shen without the AH. My biggest mistake though was probably not recognizing the combination cost shooting up and factoring that in, I was just too happy that perfects seemed 'cheap' at the time.

Ah well, I'll waste more gold on stupider shit soon.

scy

Out of curiosity ... how much does that crafting item sell for on the AH? I've never looked.

Honestly, I haven't checked. I can't imagine it being that high or else people will just buy up all the really terrible Legendaries that are cheaper than it and mass salvage.

electrified arcane horde teleporter soul ripper.

Thats a fun one.

Anything Soul Ripper means I'll probably just skip it 90% of the time :/

Cagey

Banned
Posted on the B.net forums, might as well post here.

Anyone interested?
bLojO.png

Cagey

Banned
oh my, how much is it?

I'm struggling to think up a price because I can only search three mods and there's four or five valuable ones. I've found something comparable (similar int, vit, IAS, crit dmg) without the all res mod for 2m on the AH.

To be honest, any halfway decent offer and I'd part with it heh.

Managed to find an average MH(900dps ias blue) and an OH for *97K LOL* (60-300 with ~80-90 int/vit) and took down inferno diablo 2 nights ago. I can't believe how long I held onto a slow 2hander with 1150 dps. The difference a fast MH/OH was incredible. I had to farm quite a bit of gear to clear out A4 though. Took a bit of learning the fight/getting used to being melee'd from miles away =P but he went down after a couple hours of attempts. My first time out of phase 2 and I got him. It's really just a survivability/endurance fight more than anything. It just takes a while to kill him. Stats: 46k Health, ~550+ all resists, 33k dps. Class was Wizard for those wondering. I am now playing Hardcore Barb with some friends (another Barb and Wizard) and am having a blast. I had an obsession with finishing Inferno so it's nice to have that off my back lol. Hardcore is fun stuff :).

EDIT: Passives were Blur/Illusionist/Galvanizing ward. Focused solely on surviving. Arcane missile+seeker/Venom Hydra/Wormhole Teleport/Crystal Shell Diamond Skin/Force Armor/Magic Weap. Opted out of glass cannon just to be able to take a hit on the occasion he'd teleport onto me randomly.

Oh shit I have been using a 2her on my wizard the whole time!! Should I change? Wizards tell me! I only have 3 mil

Oh man... this is really the secret sauce they should've been looking for.

Fire the blacksmith - hire an enchanter.

So instead of crafting whatever item - you have to find the white version of it first, then bring it to the enchanter to make it a magic version. And he can have the same progression as the blacksmith - where you have to train him before he can enchant certain types of gear.

Throw in the chance for rare enchants automatically - and tomes can guarantee rare enchants with certain number of affixes.

They had the enchantress in the game at one point and removed her for some reason, i believe they said it wasnt really adding anything to the game. I wish they would implement here somehow...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't know how people beat the game so fast.

I'm level 20 and only partway through act 2.

With at least 27 hours put in.

Seriously? I have 29 hours on my Wizard and I'm 46. 66 hours on my Monk until I reached 60.

You're working unusually slowly.

Zuly

A bunch of Brazilians joined my game last night.

Pretty much how it went.

i4O0qw4hVCK25.gif

All those RO memories coming back to haunt me. D:

I'm struggling to think up a price because I can only search three mods and there's four or five valuable ones. I've found something comparable (similar int, vit, IAS, crit dmg) without the all res mod for 2m on the AH.

To be honest, any halfway decent offer and I'd part with it heh.

ah it's ok then, I can only go up to a million :)

spirity

Found the blue post in regards to white items and loot explosions that I mentioned above.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3941414508?page=3#54

Trying to make the crap loot in D3 look less crap by mixing it in with even crapper loot and having a 'loot explosion' to disguise the crapness of the lot of it. Blizzard has made nearly everything satisfying in D3 but falls so short on its most crucial element: the loot.

edit
mis-spelled crapness. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom