• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I don't know how people beat the game so fast.

I'm level 20 and only partway through act 2.

With at least 27 hours put in.

rofl I was almost done with Nightmare at 24 hours.

Granted I played a lot of public games and people moved at lightning speed.

scy

Oh shit I have been using a 2her on my wizard the whole time!! Should I change? Wizards tell me! I only have 3 mil

A good Off-Hand should make up the difference between two ilvl equal 1Hers and 2Hers. You get bonus stats due to the off-hand and a faster attack speed out of it too which is nice for signature spell use. There are some times you want slower weapons, though (Disintegrate, for instance, burns Arcane Power faster with fast weapons but doesn't deal more damage over time) so that's something to keep in mind as well.

It's not that hard to compare though; find a good 1Her and source and "all" you have to see how much DPS it adds is to do the following:

Weapon Attacks Per Second * (Source Minimum + Source Maximum) / 2

For instance, 381 - 799 1.4 Attacks Per Second 1Her (826 DPS) with a +60-260 Damage Source vs a 773 - 1317 1.0 Attacks Per Second 2Her (1045 DPS). That source is:

1.4 * (60 + 260) / 2 = 1.4 * (320) / 2 = +224 DPS

1Her + Source = 1050 DPS
2Her = 1045 DPS

Basically, expect a good source (look for upper 200s to low 300s on the +Maximum Damage) to add nearly 150-200 DPS to your Main Hand when you're considering 1H/Source vs 2H. That's probably easier to think of than mathing it every time :x

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's embarrassing when you're a Wizard, and every pub that joins your game is dying more frequently than you are. When I was playing 2 nights ago, I had to carry every person that joined. I was cleaning up elites all by myself, because frankly, I HAD to. Every time someone joined, they would die on every elite, and wouldn't bother to play intelligently.

It also didn't help that when I inspected them, I was seeing DHs stacking STR and Wizards stacking DEX. Hell, some weren't even using their sockets. Some were wearing gear from 20 levels ago. It was....annoying.

I wish my roommate would get back into Diablo 3. I'm tired of playing with pubbies. :(

All my GAF and goon friends are either leveling alts that are way below my Wizard, or they're playing Inferno on their mains (which I'm waiting to do with my Monk until after 1.03.)

Someone please play with my 46 Wizard. ;_; thetrin#1629

A dedicated regular group of people around 45-50 would be especially awesome.

A good Off-Hand should make up the difference between two ilvl equal 1Hers and 2Hers. You get bonus stats due to the off-hand and a faster attack speed out of it too which is nice for signature spell use.

It's not that hard to compare though; find a good 1Her and source and "all" you have to see how much DPS it adds is to do the following:

Weapon Attacks Per Second * (Source Minimum + Source Maximum) / 2

For instance, 381 - 799 1.4 Attacks Per Second 1Her (826 DPS) with a +60-260 Damage Source vs a 773 - 1317 1.0 Attacks Per Second 2Her (1045 DPS). That source is:

1.4 * (60 + 260) / 2 = 1.4 * (320) / 2 = +224 DPS

1Her + Source = 1050 DPS
2Her = 1045 DPS

Basically, expect a good source (look for upper 200s to low 300s on the +Maximum Damage) to add nearly 200 DPS to your Main Hand when you're considering 1H/Source vs 2H.

Awesome thanks. Will check the ah for a one hander after work.

Zuly

It's embarrassing when you're a Wizard, and every pub that joins your game is dying more frequently than you are. When I was playing 2 nights ago, I had to carry every person that joined. I was cleaning up elites all by myself, because frankly, I HAD to. Every time someone joined, they would die on every elite, and wouldn't bother to play intelligently.

It also didn't help that when I inspected them, I was seeing DHs stacking STR and Wizards stacking DEX. Hell, some weren't even using their sockets. Some were wearing gear from 20 levels ago. It was....annoying.

I wish my roommate would get back into Diablo 3. I'm tired of playing with pubbies. :(

All my GAF and goon friends are either leveling alts that are way below my Wizard, or they're playing Inferno on their mains (which I'm waiting to do with my Monk until after 1.03.)

Someone please play with my 46 Wizard. ;_; thetrin#1629

A dedicated regular group of people around 45-50 would be especially awesome.
Pretty much what happens with me. I'm always the one killing bosses/elites because everyone else is too busy dying. It's not so much about equipment too but the fact that lots of people are really bad at character movement/control and that's a must in this kind of game. These Wizards die in one hit and I'm kiting w/ Force Armor/Diamond Skin the boss the entire time while they lay on the ground dead until I finish.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pretty much what happens with me. I'm always the one killing bosses/elites because everyone else is too busy dying. It's not so much about equipment too but the fact that lots of people are really bad at character movement/control and that's a must in this kind of game. These Wizards die in one hit and I'm kiting w/ Force Armor/Diamond Skin the boss the entire time while they lay on the ground dead until I finish.

Yep. I'm usually kiting with Force Armor, Diamond Skin and Slow Time, and I have DHs that can't even vault or SS properly. It's truly depressing. The 40's are a tough time to find people unless you've been leveling with another person, because it seems not many gaffers or goons are around that level. They're either at 60, or they're way below.

Zuly, what level are you right now?

LukeSmith

Why are Lacuni Prowlers valuable? Is +MS rare on non-boot items?

Just had some drop for me with a decent roll (+65 int, 7% ms, %12 IAS and +2% crit chance). Was bout to throw them on my wizard alt but saw that they fetch a lot of money (relative to my meager bank balance) in the AH.

Any advice on what I should sell mine for?

This is a really nice roll on Lacuni's. I paid 1.5M or so earlier this week for a pair that was worse (+int, 7ms 12IAS, but no crit). You should easily get 2M+ for these

Dahbomb

Yeah I stopped playing pubs in Inferno unless its with friends I know. I mean I had some really good partners too (a pair of Barbarians who were absolutely wrecking Act 1 in a 4 party) but some of the bad ones even cost me a few deaths because I was the only one doing work. Bad Monk players are especially the worst... they spend more time being dead than my Templar in Act 2!

Made some decent gold today at the AH, 2 items worth 500K each. Not a bad start to the day.

Yep. I'm usually kiting with Force Armor, Diamond Skin and Slow Time, and I have DHs that can't even vault or SS properly. It's truly depressing. The 40's are a tough time to find people unless you've been leveling with another person, because it seems not many gaffers or goons are around that level. They're either at 60, or they're way below.

I haven't really played in any public games. I have a couple friends who own the game and have played with them once before. They're just starting hell though.

I'll have to get into some future games with fellows gaffers. My current friend list is 2. HAHA.

This is the most I've posted on the gaming side in 2+ years.

thetrin

I haven't really played in any public games. I have a couple friends who own the game and have played with them once before. They're just starting hell though.

I'll have to get into some future games with fellows gaffers. My current friend list is 2. HAHA.

This is the most I've posted on the gaming side in 2+ years.

Public games aren't universally bad. Sometimes they're fantastic. Sometimes you'll meet someone that's a lot of fun to play with, who actually communicates. Most of the time, though, you get people who stack DEX on their Wizard, or wear white gear in their 40's.

LordAlu

Just updated the Buy/Sell/Trade thread a bit:
  • Selling section updated. Please put a price of some sort on your items if you are selling.
  • Price checking section updated. Please do not post images for price checks, post a link to your image instead. Link description example has been updated to give a better view for those browsing the thread.
  • Buying section updated. Updated to mention the stats a buyer is looking for in their item.
  • Formatting changed to make reading OP a little easier.
  • Some images updated to look better.
If anyone has any suggestions on the OP, please say so. I'm still tweaking and updating based on feedback. Gotta do a title image as well :p

Zuly

Zuly, what level are you right now?

You're in bad luck. I reached L. 60 last night. ;_;

zlatko

Banned
Yeah I stopped playing pubs in Inferno unless its with friends I know. I mean I had some really good partners too (a pair of Barbarians who were absolutely wrecking Act 1 in a 4 party) but some of the bad ones even cost me a few deaths because I was the only one doing work. Bad Monk players are especially the worst... they spend more time being dead than my Templar in Act 2!

Made some decent gold today at the AH, 2 items worth 500K each. Not a bad start to the day.

; ;

Won

I was joining some Inferno Act 4 public games today and it was hilarious. Most players are DHs, all of them "glass cannons". Yeah, that's gonna work.

scy

Bad Monk players are especially the worst... they spend more time being dead than my Templar in Act 2!

Honestly, once you get over gear deficiencies, it's pretty hard to ever die as a Monk barring some pretty goddamn awful scenarios.

That's one of the nice things about Monk (and Barb, I guess). Once you're appropriately geared for the content, dying becomes pretty hard to do :x

red731

I am absolutely useless after the patch. My monk was fast and now is slow as hell
LLShC.gif

facepalm...I threw one of my skill away

Public games aren't universally bad. Sometimes they're fantastic. Sometimes you'll meet someone that's a lot of fun to play with, who actually communicates. Most of the time, though, you get people who stack DEX on their Wizard, or wear white gear in their 40's.

Since this is something I"ve not really done, what's the basic etiquette for pub games? Looting? Gold?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
After reading about upcoming changes to attack speed I'm kind of glad I didn't go for an attack speed build on my wizard. I went full crit%/crit damage bonus (except my currently non-working atk speed on Inna's Glory) and do some major damage. 1.40 and 25% movement speed even allows me to kite and step cast something as slow as arcane orb. We're talking 65-75k dps here with no IAS (depending on my weapon).

Maybe they will fix the broken atk speed modifiers on those set pieces though!

scy

After reading about upcoming changes to attack speed I'm kind of glad I didn't go for an attack speed build on my wizard. I went full crit%/crit damage bonus (except my currently non-working atk speed on Inna's Glory) and do some major damage. 1.40 and 25% movement speed even allows me to kite and step cast something as slow as arcane orb.

Well, I'm hoping it isn't eviscerated completely. Maybe let the static Legendary/Set affixes keep the >10% ones but basically halve the Magic/Rare random roll ones.

But I guess I'm only saying that since half my IAS% comes from Legendaries now :x

Xanathus

After reading about upcoming changes to attack speed I'm kind of glad I didn't go for an attack speed build on my wizard. I went full crit%/crit damage bonus (except my currently non-working atk speed on Inna's Glory) and do some major damage. 1.40 and 25% movement speed even allows me to kite and step cast something as slow as arcane orb. We're talking 65-75k dps here with no IAS (depending on my weapon).

I'm still investing in attack speed gear on the off chance that the nerf only affects future drops.

Macmanus

If anyone has any suggestions on the OP, please say so. I'm still tweaking and updating based on feedback. Gotta do a title image as well :p

Too many cumbersome and arbitrary rules. No bidding? Uhm, okay? I think I'll just stick to D2JSP and the AH.

Even if it wasn't, I really doubt there'd be anything like "etiquette" involved :x

I miss early D2 days where the sorc could just telekinesis everything.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm still investing in attack speed gear on the off chance that the nerf only affects future drops.

That would be nice. It'd also be nice if they could retroactively fix the weapon attack speed that is on things like Inna's Glory pants not allowing it to work. I am not sure of either. If they can retroactively fix they can retroactively nerf, if not then you're probably okay. But yeah, I was being pushed by a lot of people to go for a full attack speed build but I didn't cave in. Personal preference.

I think they're going to change it so that you get diminishing returns on each additional piece from the highest valued one for example.

Kind of like how things that increase your chance to dodge aren't added linearly

scy

That would be nice. It'd also be nice if they could retroactively fix the weapon attack speed that is on things like Inna's Glory pants not allowing it to work. I am not sure of either. If they can retroactively fix they can retroactively nerf, if not then you're probably okay. But yeah, I was being pushed by a lot of people to go for a full attack speed build but I didn't cave in. Personal preference.

I think they can retroactively fix the broken ones since it's not a random roll that is screwing with it but a guaranteed one. I think that's why they can't retroactively fix all the Legendaries since adding affixes may conflict with one of their random rolls (or what if they add more +Random stats) or changing value ranges would call for a need to reroll them. For the broken +Attack Speed things, it's swapping the broken stat with the working one so there's really no problem there.

I think they're going to change it so that you get diminishing returns on each additional piece from the highest valued one for example.

Kind of like how things that increase your chance to dodge aren't added linearly

They said that between reducing the effectiveness or creating a diminishing returns system (ala Dodge), they'd rather do the former instead of creating yet another "hidden" stat to track for the players.

Question about barbs... Are you using any variety in abilities at higher levels?

I'm 41 and currently using this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVPiXk!beV!abZaaa

Frenzy (Sidearm)
Revenge (Retribution) -> (Provocation at 52)

WotB (Insanity)
Battle Rage (Marauder)
Leap (Iron Impact) -> (Death from Above at 60)
War Cry (Hardened Wrath) -> (Impunity at 60)

Passives: Nerves of Steel, Superstition, Tough as Nails

I really don't see any room to pull these skills out, but I also have no way to spend fury. It's kind of like, cast my two shouts, jump in, hold down the left mouse to frenzy, and just mash the right click in case Revenge procs. What is barb? Is this barb?

I'm thinking about removing Superstition for Berserker Rage since I'm almost always at full fury and have no way to spend it.

They said that between reducing the effectiveness or creating a diminishing returns system (ala Dodge), they'd rather do the former instead of creating yet another "hidden" stat to track for the players.

Would any fix to the stat be retroactive? If not, all the current IAS stuff would skyrocket if that's the case. I would imagine a lot of people would be upset if they changed the values on their current build.

I'm curious to see how much of an effect it has on my monk. I'm currently at 2.2 hits per second with 780 life per hit after buff.

Would any fix to the stat be retroactive? If not, all the current IAS stuff would skyrocket if that's the case. I would imagine a lot of people would be upset if they changed the values on their current build.

I'm curious to see how much of an effect it has on my monk. I'm currently at 2.2 hits per second with 780 life per hit after buff.

If they don't nerf the existing equipment, these items are going to be in the economy forever. And if there are any IAS items now that are truly representative of high end mods, those items will be commanding the economy until big changes are made.

Macmanus

Question about barbs... Are you using any variety in abilities at higher levels?

Frenzy (Sidearm)

WotB (Insanity)
Battle Rage (Marauder)

I really don't see any room to pull these skills out, but I also have no way to spend fury. It's kind of like, cast my two shouts, jump in, hold down the left mouse to frenzy, and just mash the right click in case Revenge procs. What is barb? Is this barb?

I'm thinking about removing Superstition for Berserker Rage since I'm almost always at full fury and have no way to spend it.

Pre-Inferno you really don't need superstition. Other than that your build looks strikingly familiar to my 40s-50s build. Later in the game I took out leap (despite it's awesomeness with iron impact).

The last few days I was playing around with a build that focused on Sprint with the Run Like The Wind rune where I would basically run circles around packs. It was a lot of fun - but I don't have the loot to purchase the gear to make it inferno viable at this point.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5596252145?page=1

scy

That's the thing. I imagine it COULD be retroactive (merely halve all values, for instance) and it wouldn't cause the need for people to reroll the bonus. It's not adjusting any items themselves, per se, but the modifier itself so it should be a doable retroactive fix.

And, as someone who's put like 10M+ Gold into IAS% gear, I really hope that's the case. As much as I love my build, I'd really hate to have a ridiculous IAS% build merely because I was gearing for it come launch week.

If they don't nerf the existing equipment, these items are going to be in the economy forever. And if there are any IAS items now that are truly representative of high end mods, those items will be commanding the economy until big changes are made.

Yeah, people would literally make thousands selling current IAS gear on the RMAH some time down the road.

scy

What is IAS.

Increased Attack Speed.

Edit: For instance, I think I have right now:

1.65 Attacks Per Second weapon with +15% Amulet, Ring, and Gloves (+45%) with +13% Bracer and +13% Ring (+26%) which gives me:

1.65 * (1 + .45 + .26) ~= 2.82 Attacks per Second.

I can still theoretically get another around +60% and a faster base Weapon (+~1.8 Attacks Per Second) for close to 4.2 Attacks Per Second.

AEREC

Frenzy (Sidearm)

WotB (Insanity)
Battle Rage (Marauder)

Im a 57 Barb midway through ACT 2 Hell and Im using:

Frenzy (sidearm)
Revenge (provocation)

Furious Charge (Dreadnought) - this works nicely since it's another source of healing as the more enemies you charge through the more health you get.
Leap (Iron Impact) - mandatory
Ignore Pain (forget rune but it's the one that adds life as you do damge)
WotB (Insanity)

Pound of Flesh, Relentless, and Nerves of steel as the passives.

This build is working nicely for me right now and I usually only break out the Wotb for elites so it's always there when I need it. I rarely have to use potions as Furious Charge or Revenge restores a good portion of health.

This is fun for me right now since my basic fight is leap in, ignore pain (in some cases) and charge out and repeat. It's definetly more varied than my DH right now which is just spamming elemental arrow with the electric balls rune.

Zampano

Honestly, once you get over gear deficiencies, it's pretty hard to ever die as a Monk barring some pretty goddamn awful scenarios.

That's one of the nice things about Monk (and Barb, I guess). Once you're appropriately geared for the content, dying becomes pretty hard to do :x

Please explain what I should be doing. My monk keeps getting ruined. I was fine until Hell, and now any buffed mobs destroy me.

Hero

So can anyone tell me what the current hotness skill setup for Demon Hunters on Inferno is? I'm still running the grenade/bomb setup, which is insane DPS but it's just so slow in terms of firing off and having it land properly. Disgusting for bosses but not so much for elites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom