• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakier

Well, guys, I decided to build a new char till the patch hits since item hunting doesn't make much sense beforehand. I now try to find out which one I'd like to play, played a barb first. I'm guessing it's between Sorc or DH, though the DH looks like he could be out of a Twilight movie and that annoys me. Which class is most fun?

Also, what's the fastest way to get to lvl60?

Stupid question but is there any way to remove people from the "recently played with" list? I haven't played in a public game since the release week and I still have random people stuck on my list.

Well, guys, I decided to build a new char till the patch hits since item hunting doesn't make much sense beforehand. I now try to find out which one I'd like to play, played a barb first. I'm guessing it's between Sorc or DH, though the DH looks like he could be out of a Twilight movie and that annoys me. Which class is most fun?

I played a Barb first (hit the Act 2 Inferno brick wall) so I'm leveling a Wizard now and its pretty dang fun. I'm not doing any side stuff, caves, etc.. Just blowing through the story right now and I dinged 30 or so right before diablo. I'd say the fastest way to level pre 50's anyway would be to just blow through the story stuff as quickly as you can.

DTKT

Stupid question but is there any way to remove people from the "recently played with" list? I haven't played in a public game since the release week and I still have random people stuck on my list.

I played a Barb first (hit the Act 2 Inferno brick wall) so I'm leveling a Wizard now and its pretty dang fun. I'm not doing any side stuff, caves, etc.. Just blowing through the story right now and I dinged 30 or so right before diablo. I'd say the fastest way to level pre 50's anyway would be to just blow through the story stuff as quickly as you can.

The Kull "exploit" could also work. It's around 4-5 hours to ding 50 with a party of 4.

rCIZZLE

Fastest way is to pay people for zk runs. Ya, I know it sounds boring but it saves a ton of time. I went from ~28-60 on my second character in around 4 hours.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this whole increasing repair costs means fuck all. because you can get items that avoid durability anyway......

DTKT

this whole increasing repair costs means fuck all. because you can get items that avoid durability anyway......

But you sacrifice DPS/res for a lesser gold cost. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Ignore durability loss" affix takes the place of +IAS or +CriticalDamage.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
If you can't comfortably farm act 3 it is. I've pulled down 5m in AH sales in 1 day from that goblin. Then again another day I did horribly.
I feel like I keep getting poop drops.

The frequency of it spawning is good enough for me, but has the loot table been changed since its so popular?

Zyzyxxz

If you can't comfortably farm act 3 it is. I've pulled down 5m in AH sales in 1 day from that goblin. Then again another day I did horribly.

Looks like it's time for someone to help me get teh waypoint in inferno.

Since I can barely survive against Act2 elite mobs but I can do Act 1 Inferno rather comfortably against Butcher.

rCIZZLE

Is that if you're soloing, or only if you have 4 people?

Soloing is much longer since you can't do the 3x "glitch". You need at least 2 people to do that - one person who will get 1x rewards and the other who will get 3x. Normally it's 4 person games tho since nobody wants to rush anybody for such little profit.

+1 respect to his attitude ...
Seriously.
Soloing is much longer since you can't do the 3x "glitch". You need at least 2 people to do that - one person who will get 1x rewards and the other who will get 3x. Normally it's 4 person games tho since nobody wants to rush anybody for such little profit.
Wait, how does that work? I have a friend at 60 who doesn't need the reward, but probably wouldn't mind helping me level faster.

Do you need to get 5 stacks first? Where's this goblin? I've been doing ZK > Belial runs with 5 stacks, but if this is more efficient than tha I'll try it

rCIZZLE

Seriously.

Wait, how does that work? I have a friend at 60 who doesn't need the reward, but probably wouldn't mind helping me level faster.

1. Runner goes to soulstone chamber checkpoint, the person being ran hits "decline" for the boss, and the runner kills zk.
2. Clicks soul. Soon as it says "talk to adria" the person being ran leaves and clicks resume. DO NOT talk to adria in the original game.
3. In the new game they talk to adria, collect the first reward, then rejoin the game with the other person. The runner then leaves the original game and creates a new one.
4. The person being ran clicks on adria when the runner leaves, collect the second reward, and joins game with the runner.
5. Both stay in the game, click on adria, and collect the third reward.

You just keep doing 1-5. It takes like ~120 runs this way from 25-60. They go extremely fast though. Oh and for hell, you can have the runner do everything up until collect the soul before sending an invite to the other guy. Soon as the other guy comes in, runner clicks soul and they can proceed like normal. This just lets the runner have a quicker fight with "solo" zk.

HenryHSH

Nothing interesting in that interview. All we got was a farmer complaining that anyone can bot and it's affecting their business. Oh and blizzard warden sucks.

Nothing interesting in that interview. All we got was a farmer complaining that anyone can bot and it's affecting their business. Oh and blizzard warden sucks.

That's been known for a while. In all my years of playing WoW underground miners were rampant and their numbers never seemed to go down.

mackaveli

1. Runner goes to soulstone chamber checkpoint, the person being ran hits "decline" for the boss, and the runner kills zk.
2. Clicks soul. Soon as it says "talk to adria" the person being ran leaves and clicks resume. DO NOT talk to adria in the original game.
3. In the new game they talk to adria, collect the first reward, then rejoin the game with the other person. The runner then leaves the original game and creates a new one.
4. The person being ran clicks on adria when the runner leaves, collect the second reward, and joins game with the runner.
5. Both stay in the game, click on adria, and collect the third reward.

You just keep doing 1-5. It takes like ~120 runs this way from 25-60. They go extremely fast though. Oh and for hell, you can have the runner do everything up until collect the soul before sending an invite to the other guy. Soon as the other guy comes in, runner clicks soul and they can proceed like normal. This just lets the runner have a quicker fight with "solo" zk.

what act and quest is this for??

Anyone know what the deal is with stock in the UK? Was going to pick up a copy of this but no-one seems to have it. Would rather not buy direct as the price is ridiculous.

Anyone interested in trying the Zk exploit with me? I'm trying to level up a WD, and I have a 60 monk I can roll with.

I guess you do it until you can enter the next difficulty level? What is the cut off for Nightmare/Hell?

TheYanger

As far as gems on the weapon go, do any of you barbs go for crit increase over dmg?

Once you're finished levelling, rubies in weapons taper off FAST. life on hit is best for survival, crit damage bonus destroys rubies for dps gain.
It's kind of nice as a barb perk, rubies WERE the most expensive, but they should level out at the cheapest because they're only useful for a single levelling helm gem, a single levelling weapon gem, and barb dps socketing. They should be used FAR less than the other 3.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Good info, though I've yet to see a gem with those properties.

edit: I'm such a moran, didn't notice the purple gems have life on hit, I was so focused on doing dmg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why do I feel like a chump for manually farming and making no real life cash and very little inferno progression?

WoW never made me feel this way and I have a year of game time invested in it compared to 6 days in D3.

Wyatt Cheng on Melee vs Range Disparity

Very interesting and thank you jesus.

Wyatt Cheng said:
And finally, there are always minor polish adjustments designed to help melee -- such as the AI on some monsters (BEES!!!) being tweaked to run away less often, which again helps melee more than ranged. I actually spent some extra time the other day to make sure if a Sand Wasp runs away from you, and you start chasing the wasp, it doesn't turn and shoot 4 bees in your face (hopefully that makes 1.0.3). I'm also working with one of our gameplay engineers to make it so if you sidestep the Dark Berserker’s power hit (where he brings his giant mace down), he doesn’t turn to track you as he swings (though that change probably won't make 1.0.3). These kind of AI adjustments are things ranged players don’t even notice, but are huge for melee.
Good lord, I just jizzed.

Another one that pisses me off to no end is when you're fighting molten and they always, always make a trail of molten and immediately run back over it so there is no way to NOT step all over the shit.

TheYanger

Good info, though I've yet to see a gem with those properties.

There are only 4 kinds:
Ruby - Damage in weapons, str in armor, +xp% in helms
Amethyst - Life on hit in weapons, Vit on armor, +%HP in helms
Topaz - Thorns on weapons (lol), Int in armor, +%MF in helms
Emerald - Crit Damage on weapons, Dex in armor, +%GF in helms

So basically:
Weapons = Ruby levelling, Amy or Emerald at cap. (amy levelling is good too)
Helms = Ruby levelling, Amy or Topaz at cap.
Armor = Primary stat, or Vit. The class balance leaves it at 2:2:1:? emerald:Topaz:Ruby:Amethyst

DTKT

Another adjustment being made is increasing both the maximum range and the dead zone of Mortar. Mortar was specifically designed to be an anti-range affix, but many ranged players would just stand even farther away, whereas melee would sometimes get caught in the cross-fire of two Mortars. Increasing the maximum range and the dead zone helps with both of these.

Oh bloody hell Blizz...

Anyone interested in trying the Zk exploit with me? I'm trying to level up a WD, and I have a 60 monk I can roll with.

I guess you do it until you can enter the next difficulty level? What is the cut off for Nightmare/Hell?

I'd be interested in doing this, I have a 31 DH i'm trying to level and a 55 wizard/60barb

Not in nightmare yet though, but I only have to do act IV which isn't gonna take me very long

LordCanti

I figured Kripp would die to Soul Rippers if anything. The champion version is ridiculous.

Has this been posted yet?

Interview with d3 farmer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUQTATy5dc

60 mil an hour times all the gold farmers in china? Fuck.

Oh god, they are all saving gold for RMAH ;\ Economy is already overinflanted, but when they'll release this gold to RMAH it will be shitstorm

He also said that there is bug in Blizzard Shop.

They're holding gold for the RMAH? I haven't got to that point in the video yet.

That is awful if true. I feel like blowing all my gold on top tier weapons, and holding those for when gold is worthless.

Dahbomb

Why do I feel like a chump for manually farming and making no real life cash and very little inferno progression?
I know the feel bro.

Been farming Act 1 Inferno from Leoric's Manor to Butcher for a week. In a day I should have enough for a serious weapon upgrade (already placed a bid on a 1000+ DPS xbow) to tackle some farm spots in Act 2 and probably do those Goblin runs. I heard some of those were nerfed so I don't know what to do when I get to Act 2. I have basically been playing this game as legit as possible, no exploits used and I mostly only use the AH for selling stuff. I sank a lot of my gold into the Blacksmith and Jeweler plus Gem upgrades so I am really behind on the gear.

I am also thinking of starting up another character in preparation for 1.03 patch.

BigDug13

WoW never made me feel this way and I have a year of game time invested in it compared to 6 days in D3.

Probably because WoW feels large and not quite as repetitive. This is 4 difficulties through the exact same 4 acts with 5 different classes without the benefit of completely changing landscapes and not nearly enough scripted events and side quests.

I really hope they're working on making the landscape more varied for each playthrough and especially more scripted events and side quests.

Ashodin

To1VD.jpg

Ashodin, Melee Demon Hunter
Level 60 - Act 4 Hell

Whoo, been a while since I posted this.

To give you an idea, it's been 20 levels since!

My build is still holding, ever since I changed it a lot time ago, however I have swapped out Tinkerer on Grenades to Gas Grenades, they are AMAZING in close quarters, alongside Impale (Awareness), Smoke Screen with the aoe you leave behind, and Caltrops (Jagged Spikes).

Standing next to me is a murderdeathmachine. Just like I imagined it before I even played the game, the constant deluge of AOE tick tick tick damage absolutely destroys enemies, and the game has made me stack resist and armor to keep up with the output. I really think going into Inferno I'm gonna have to stock up on Life on hit, considering that I hit so many small hits REALLY fast. It should be fun as hell.

Enjoy!

I'd be interested in doing this, I have a 31 DH i'm trying to level and a 55 wizard/60barb

Not in nightmare yet though, but I only have to do act IV which isn't gonna take me very long

I'm still on normal with my WD, only like level 16 or so, but if you can get to nightmare with yours that would probably make better sense since you are already almost there. I think 30 is the cutoff for NM, so I would need a bit of work on normal, then a Diablo rush to get to NM.

I don't have all night, but I figure a couple of hours can get us a good few levels each, and maybe more tomorrow.

ArthurDayne#1378

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom