• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapiozona

Banned
Why not check the AH?

AHSTAFFS.jpg

15k gets you a 1k dps staff in US

Ya, dumb buy on my part. I'm super happy because it gave me tons of dps, but obviously I got screwed royally on the price. At least the gold is so much higher on inferno..already made back half of it

Live and learn I guess.

anddddd act 2 inferno is kicking my ass. i downed the butcher no problem (got all of his achievements too, like killing him within 2 minutes, not standing in the fire, etc), but act 2 immediately is a huge jump in difficulty. those goddamn wasps and lacuni hunters...hate them.

monk, 45k health, 12k dps, 316 resist all, 4983 armor...using mostly 59s/60s for items with the exception of my rings and amulet which are in the mid 50s.

goober

Stacking the hell out of STR... Getting a high DPS weapon (1H)

Im actually holding back a bit... I could have 20+ k DPS by just using a 2H weap, but I really need a shield now... So I'm going to save money to get a 1k+ weap... Hopefully with barb stats if possible

I think you'll be able to roll through at least Act I inferno. The only similar thing I have with you is the hp, other than that, you have more DPS, armor, and maybe resistances? Mine are around 300 each.

edit: forgot to add status for act I; I'm able to take on the champion packs and progress through to SK and I've been farming him for better gear. I'm only doing 9k DPS so you're definitely gonna have an easier time.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think you'll be able to roll through at least Act I inferno. The only similar thing I have with you is the hp, other than that, you have more DPS, armor, and maybe resistances? Mine are around 300 each.

I think my resistances are under 300... but as soon as I have the money I'm going to invest in more all resist if I can (stuff is too pricey)

Concept17

I'm a level 21 Witch Doctor who's on his first play through for Normal.

Am I doomed?

Not at all. Just hit 60 on my WD and I'm enjoying Act1 Inferno. Has easily been my favorite class and in many ways is the most uniquely designed class. I'm kind of jealous of you being 21... it was fun unlocking all the new spells for the WD. How I miss the first time I filled the skies with frogs. :D

Not at all. Just hit 60 on my WD and I'm enjoying Act1 Inferno. Has easily been my favorite class and in many ways is the most uniquely designed class. I'm kind of jealous of you being 21... it was fun unlocking all the new spells for the WD. How I miss the first time I filled the skies with frogs. :D

Frogs are a whole heap of fun. It's kind of weird seeing this thread and the auction house and realizing how high my dps could get. One day.

DJ_Lae

Well, I figured it would happen over me doing something stupid, but I just lost my hardcore character (only level 13) thanks to a game disconnect. As I was typing my password back in I had a hunch I'd be screwed.

It's kind of soured me on the game a a whole, despite enjoying the hell out of it until this point.

Well, I figured it would happen over me doing something stupid, but I just lost my hardcore character (only level 13) thanks to a game disconnect. As I was typing my password back in I had a hunch I'd be screwed.

It's kind of soured me on the game a a whole, despite enjoying the hell out of it until this point.

Yep. I've mentally "steeled" myself for this... but I don't think it will make much difference.

RDreamer

anddddd act 2 inferno is kicking my ass. i downed the butcher no problem (got all of his achievements too, like killing him within 2 minutes, not standing in the fire, etc), but act 2 immediately is a huge jump in difficulty. those goddamn wasps and lacuni hunters...hate them.

monk, 45k health, 12k dps, 316 resist all, 4983 armor...using mostly 59s/60s for items with the exception of my rings and amulet which are in the mid 50s.

Yeah, you need at least like 600 resist all to not immediately bite it. Also, don't be afraid to take away some of that health in exchange for more dex if you're using Seize the initiative. The more dex you have the more armor you also have. It also means your healing spells will be more effective. Also, you'll do more damage. I'm at 25k hp and I'm doing pretty well near the end of Act 2 Inferno now. It is quite worrying, I know. I had like 35-40k when I hit inferno, and it kept diving the more resist all gear I got, and the more dex I pushed, but I was living longer and better while doing it.

Also, make sure you have enough defensive skills in your build. Pretty much your whole build needs to be at least a bit defensive minded if not actually defensive (i.e. skills that have a defensive use even if they're not just defensive)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just think of it this way, all those drops will be waiting for you after patch 1.10 buffs up those legendaries... right?!

Oh man, you sure know how to make a guy feel good.

DJ_Lae

Yep. I've mentally "steeled" myself for this... but I don't think it will make much difference.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed even though it's only about two hours that I've lost.

I know that if I ever play another hardcore character I'm essentially rolling the dice constantly for there to be enough of a hiccup between me and the servers to result in my character's death, and that sucks.

Cipherr

free 1000 dps two handers for every new gaf level 60!

that should be our initiative. :p

It is kinda funny tho. Im running through Act 1 Inferno runs on my Monk now and I see all the DH and Mages, they all get one shot if something teleports past me to them, but I inspect and they all have 20k+ dps and 1000 dps weapons. Around 12k hp though, lol.

I am absolutely falling in love with Blinding Flash, man its great.

Neki

It is kinda funny tho. Im running through Act 1 Inferno runs on my Monk now and I see all the DH and Mages, they all get one shot if something teleports past me to them, but I inspect and they all have 20k+ dps and 1000 dps weapons. Around 12k hp though, lol.

They've just built their characters poorly then. :p Or 1000 dps weapons aren't anything special anymore.

Bog

Junior Ace

Not on Inferno yet (Act IV Hell), but as a DH, I have 20k dps and 50k hp and still die if anything hits me more than twice, it seems.

inky

Wut, it just kicked me out like that, and I was doing so well through Act II with my 5 stacks. =/

Also, sold one item for 7 million. Feels good, though I am starting to think someone would've probably payed more ;P

Such a badass

FR3YP.png

So I'm a 51 Monk playing in Hardcore and I'm at the quest to kill Azmodan in Nightmare. I have:

28k HP
1800 DPS
2500 armor
31-48 resistances

I'm obviously trying to play it safe since it's hardcore mode, do you guys think I'm safe to take him on without any trouble?

Won

Speaking of my build specifically, most deaths come when enemies (plural) come out of absolutely nowhere and rip me to shreds. Two soul rippers for instance, or the jumpers from act 2, the big ugly red guys (or the angels) from Act 4, etc. It's not something I can mitigate, control, or foresee. If you cut their damage by half I'd still get destroyed. Making my build able to take one or two hits from junk mobs is worthless when a champ is still going to come in with plague/fire/etc and kill me.

I understand how this is helpful to melee, but as a DH specifically (not a Wizard, as I can't speak for them) I don't know how this is helpful, or how this gives me any more options than I had before.

Like I said previously, the only real way to tank as a DH is Opiate's Shadow Power build, which trades one discipline centric survivability path for another. If this helps that build, then DH's now have two options instead of one. Having two options total is a problem.

This is undoubtedly great for melee characters though.

As someone who played his DH through Inferno without Smoke Screen I say it's very helpful. Will make life quite easier. But most people are only interested in playing what the internet tells them to apparently.

I'm trying to buy some gloves for my monk. I already have some okay ones I found with 14 AS and some vit. I want to upgrade but am having trouble deciding how much I should weigh the extra AS. I am wanting to get AS, res (fire or all), vit and dex. How much of a difference is 14 to 17 AS gonna make?

I am already at 2.26 AS and am dual wielding with 1300 LoH. I am probably going to be farming A1 Inferno for a while with this guy.

Edit: oh and my gloves currently already have all res on them. Which makes the "do I need this" even tougher.

So I'm a 51 Monk playing in Hardcore and I'm at the quest to kill Azmodan in Nightmare. I have:

28k HP
1800 DPS
2500 armor
31-48 resistances

I'm obviously trying to play it safe since it's hardcore mode, do you guys think I'm safe to take him on without any trouble?

Nightmare? That's more than enough I would think, even in Hardcore. I don't know what Azmodan is like for melee, but for ranged he's probably the easiest of all the bosses.

eek5

Your resists and armor are low. Get some life on hit, it'll help a lot as well.

Wut, it just kicked me out like that, and I was doing so well through Act II with my 5 stacks. =/

Also, sold one item for 7 million. Feels good, though I am starting to think someone would've probably payed more ;P

Such a badass

FR3YP.png

Crap... you are way ahead of me, because I'm so broke. Also doing Act II with stacks, but my damage is so horrible right now :( none of my items have Str grrr

Trasher

Can anyone please help. I can't get past the "Updating setup files...". I've searched and searched all sorts of troubleshooting from the battle.net forums, but nothing has worked. Just spent over an hour doing that... Now I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it is still getting stuck. Has anyone here figured this out yet?

Can anyone please help. I can't get past the "Updating setup files...". I've searched and searched all sorts of troubleshooting from the battle.net forums, but nothing has worked. Just spent over an hour doing that... Now I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it is still getting stuck. Has anyone here figured this out yet?

Try deleting the update files in Program Files -> Diablo III -> Updates... Hope that helps a bit?

eek5

I will take it for 200k, Pm me if you are interested

I saw it on the AH so I'm assuming hes asking if he should buy it.

I know..this is so tough. Okay gaf. What should I be worrying about? I guess I am gearing towards A2.

I'm guessing you're Monk based on your resists but your attributes are confusing. You should be stacking way more Dex imo. You should be able to easily get your resists to ~600 with a couple purchases having combined resists of ~100

RDreamer

I really hate how you can't search by 4 criteria in the AH. I'm trying to offload my gloves, since I just upgraded them to something quite godly. The thing is it's really hard to find gloves that match mine, since there are 4 important stats (dex, increased attack speed, critical hit chance, and all resistances). If I search only 3 of them I have to really look through to catch the maybe one or two that I think are on that are sort of similar.

I'm guessing you're Monk based on your resists but your attributes are confusing. You should be stacking way more Dex imo. You should be able to easily get your resists to ~600 with a couple purchases having combined resists of ~100

Yeah, I made a couple of real real cheap purchases during early 60 to get my res up. Those pieces were either low or lacking on either dex or vit. But tended to have quite a bit of strength. I also grabbed a couple of gold find pieces. I have 800k and I agree dex is the priority at this point. Thus why I am going gloves first as they have no dex and I found them so I won't feel as if I wasted money.

eek5

Yeah, I made a couple of real real cheap purchases during early 60 to get my res up. Those pieces were either low or lacking on either dex or vit. But tended to have quite a bit of strength. I also grabbed a couple of gold find pieces. I have 800k and I agree dex is the priority at this point. Thus why I am going gloves first as they have no dex and I found them so I won't feel as if I wasted money.

I'd look for a couple "core" pieces with dex/vita/res/res with totals of 100 resist. Then you can skimp on other pieces with only all res or your secondary resist. If you're looking to skimp, I'd at least search for gloves with your secondary resist on it. It'll generally be cheaper than all resist but won't have as much since the rolls are usually a lot lower

IAS is pretty overpriced on AH. The cheapest pieces you'll be able to get are non-ASI gloves and non-MS boots. I'd target those for the first two purchases. I saw some 100+ dex, vita, res/res gloves/boots for under 300k yesterday. Those should get you into A2 at least since your dex will go up and your res will be closer to 600s

I'd look for a couple "core" pieces with dex/vita/res/res with totals of 100 resist. Then you can skimp on other pieces with only all res or your secondary resist. If you're looking to skimp, I'd at least search for gloves with your secondary resist on it. It'll generally be cheaper than all resist but won't have as much since the rolls are usually a lot lower

How much weight should I be putting on AS?

eek5

How much weight should I be putting on AS?

AS is important but it doesn't mean much when your resistances are in the 400s range I'd go for the cheapest progression routes so you can advance in content and get better drops. ASI is great for spirit generation and taking advantage of life on hit though so you definitely want some. I'd recommend just picking up some cheap rings/amulet to hold you over for now. Periodically search for ASI/DEX/2ndary Res on gloves and see if you can pick up a good deal otherwise I'd just go for cheap high dex/vit/res/2res gloves for now.

edit: I just noticed you have 2.2 aps and 1300 LOH. I'd definitely skip ASI on gloves and go for good high res/dex/vit gloves since ASI is getting nerfed soon anyway. Your attack speed and LOH is already good enough. You just need to dampen damage so you have time to heal with LOH and increase your DPS so you can kill stuff faster. Dex will help via dodge, increased damage and res will help mitigate damage. Seems like the most important upgrades to me.

An-Det

Finally beat Hell mode with my Wizard. Aside from Diablo none of it was too bad, and Diablo was trouble mostly because people fucking suck in his second form when shadows rush you at the start. Now I can finally start on Inferno, but I need to work on my gear and damage a lot since I've been lacking more than I'd like. I've made up for it with tactics and not being an idiot, but lots to do now that I can finally begin do this.

Concept17

Finally beat Hell mode with my Wizard. Aside from Diablo none of it was too bad, and Diablo was trouble mostly because people fucking suck in his second form when shadows rush you at the start. Now I can finally start on Inferno, but I need to work on my gear and damage a lot since I've been lacking more than I'd like. I've made up for it with tactics and not being an idiot, but lots to do now that I can finally begin do this.

I'm in the same boat. Just started Inferno. I spent enough money to handle Act1 at this point, but I'm holding off on anymore purchases until after 1.0.3.

Nightmare? That's more than enough I would think, even in Hardcore. I don't know what Azmodan is like for melee, but for ranged he's probably the easiest of all the bosses.

What I'm worried about is when he starts spreading that DOT shit on the floor. I'm sure I can probably out DPS him/heal with transcendence and use serenity and shit but I'm still always worried haha.

AS is important but it doesn't mean much when your resistances are in the 400s range I'd go for the cheapest progression routes so you can advance in content and get better drops. ASI is great for spirit generation and taking advantage of life on hit though so you definitely want some. I'd recommend just picking up some cheap rings/amulet to hold you over for now. Periodically search for ASI/DEX/2ndary Res on gloves and see if you can pick up a good deal otherwise I'd just go for cheap high dex/vit/res/2res gloves for now.

edit: I just noticed you have 2.2 aps and 1300 LOH. I'd definitely skip ASI on gloves and go for good high res/dex/vit gloves since ASI is getting nerfed soon anyway. Your attack speed and LOH is already good enough. You just need to dampen damage so you have time to heal with LOH and increase your DPS so you can kill stuff faster. Dex will help via dodge, increased damage and res will help mitigate damage. Seems like the most important upgrades to me.

650k later.

me2-1.jpg

Fixed Image.

Edit: I skipped gloves for now and just upgraded a couple of other pieces. The upcoming nerf made me hesitant to throw money down on gloves, I def. see your point. I still use cheap AS and +x-y damage rings. Can't make myself throw them away. When I need stats I will go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom