• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

maharg

idspispopd
Good points on WDs, if they buff pet HP to scale with vitality then maybe they will be useful in Inferno

I hope they also make frogs viable, they were fun to use

Blizzard 2012 seems absolutely intent on having minions/pets be largely useless, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Though I am actually impressed with the fact that damage on my followers has come up from the 1/50 or so it was of my own damage to 1/10 or so in late hell. Still, D2:LoD minions these are not.

Blizzard 2012 seems absolutely intent on having minions/pets be largely useless, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Though I am actually impressed with the fact that damage on my followers has come up from the 1/50 or so it was of my own damage to 1/10 or so in late hell. Still, D2:LoD minions these are not.

Yeah its a shame. I was all excited when I watched the class trailer for the WD and I saw the dogs, spiders, and gargantuan, thinking that I'd be able to run around with those guys. Who in the fuck was I kidding.... I mean, I just don't understand how they can just let us WDs go out there with so many worthless skills, especially considering how much of a hindrance mana is on this game.

Kthreev

How's this for a leveling weapon through hell? Can't find anything remotely similar on the AH, the highest lvl 55 weapon is in the 500s and this can be equiped at 50... Anyone have any clue what it may be worth? I might just end up keeping it for myself though haha

Whofb.png

How's this for a leveling weapon through hell? Can't find anything remotely similar on the AH, the highest lvl 55 weapon is in the 500s and this can be equiped at 50... Anyone have any clue what it may be worth? I might just end up keeping it for myself though haha

Whofb.png

You wanna search for a level 60 weapon, but with "reduced level req'd"@5 as one of the stats.

Edit: just noticed, pretty sure you can't equip that at 50, the required level is taking the stat into account and that's actually a level60 item.

Mupod

Whofb.png

It's hard to sell reduced level req items because they don't show up when people search for stuff in their level range. You need to specifically look for a level 60 item with the reduced requirement modifier.

But I mean, I thought hell was easy with a 400 and later 600 dps two hander, so you're good to go.

Edit: Er, like the guy above me said, you need to be 55 to use it.

BigDug13

And I'm jealous of you. The WD is my favorite class in the whole game when it comes to armor, looks, how the powers looks and the fact it's a semi pet class. However, I'm nowhere near Inferno and I'm actually playing D3 less and less each day as I tried other classes and it either feels I'm doing something wrong on the WD.

My issues:
- The first ever attack and rune are the most useful ones through the whole game, and it's the most boring looking attack in the arsenal. It's also the only attack that's really effective dps/manawise. I didn't really imagine I'd be using just a blowdart for hundreds of hours.
- Mana regenerates really slow compared to every other resource so you're going to be casting Splinters soon enough again.
- Unless you use Vision Quest which is terrible game design that forces you not to use any cooldowns intelligently.
- Due to slow casting animations I feel like a walking turret even when compared to a disintegrating wizard.
- It doesn't feel like a pet class past act 4 normal. Actually the whole experience in normal where I decided I like WD most feels like false advertising looking back to it.

Leaping spider zerg is most certainly useful and is actually the highest damage per mana for the class. (well fire spiders do 2 percent more damage but don't leap to targets so they're kinda useless). 4 spiders dealing 19% weapon damage per hit and doing 4 hits before perishing equals close to 220% weapon damage for like 5 mana. Considering they're a heat seeking zerg, you don't even have to worry about missing with your aim.

I got through most of Normal and Nightmare and Hell using spiders. Never once used darts once Spiders got unlocked.

Pets do kinda blow, at least the dogs. You can get away with not using VQ but you'll end up using mana regen on your spirit walk instead. With the cooldown passive, you can regain a bunch of mana every 13 seconds or so. I spammed rains of frogs in between my spider tosses, and that was my main damage for most of the game. The poison damage from frogs with poison AE on Gargantuan coupled with the 20% damage debuff from poison passive can help in groups too.

It definitely has survivability issues late game and mana does suck, especially since we are the only class in the game without free "primary" attacks.

zoukka

Haha I can dance with most mobs now on act II, but Act III is just nuts. No way in hell I can farm it effectively when I have to repair every 5 minutes for 5k and buy potions all the time.

Bact to Act II with shame in my heart.

Carcetti

When it comes to my issues with witch doctor, I was hoping people would say 'it gets better' but instead it seems to be 'yeah, we suck'. Maybe a patch will help at some point, until then there's Dragon's Dogma.

Yeah im not doing to well with D3, Got my monk on the USA server and then I htougth id make a WD on Eu as my bro and his mate are barb/wiz and well yeah everyones saying WD blows for inferno.

Running around on normal with dogs,frogs,spiders and the giant was a right laugh.

Kthreev

You wanna search for a level 60 weapon, but with "reduced level req'd"@5 as one of the stats.

Edit: just noticed, pretty sure you can't equip that at 50, the required level is taking the stat into account and that's actually a level60 item.

It's hard to sell reduced level req items because they don't show up when people search for stuff in their level range. You need to specifically look for a level 60 item with the reduced requirement modifier.

But I mean, I thought hell was easy with a 400 and later 600 dps two hander, so you're good to go.

Edit: Er, like the guy above me said, you need to be 55 to use it.

Oh, I see, that makes more sense, didn't know it was already taken into account. But still pretty awesome. I finished hell on my first character with a 400dps weapon so this will still be a huge difference. Thanks

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah im not doing to well with D3, Got my monk on the USA server and then I htougth id make a WD on Eu as my bro and his mate are barb/wiz and well yeah everyones saying WD blows for inferno.

Running around on normal with dogs,frogs,spiders and the giant was a right laugh.

It kind of doesn't matter who is useless right now, because things are changing as patches are rolling out. Just play what you enjoy. Don't worry about the consequences.

So apparently Warcry's 20% armor stacks on top of Nerves of Steel's armor bonus, but not on top of Tough as Nails' armor bonus.

Feature or Bug?

It kind of doesn't matter who is useless right now, because things are changing as patches are rolling out. Just play what you enjoy. Don't worry about the consequences.

Fair point. My play time has dropped right off recently so I probably wont even make it to inferno with my WD before the patch is out haha

Did someone say they are switching to global play?

GorillaJu

AH slow as fuck! I just bought my first Act 4-look helm and I want to wear it but it's not appearing yet to send to my stash /cryyyyyyyyyyyy

eek5

So apparently Warcry's 20% armor stacks on top of Nerves of Steel's armor bonus, but not on top of Tough as Nails' armor bonus.

Feature or Bug?

Sounds like a bug. I'm surprised you're the first person to mention this

AH slow as fuck! I just bought my first Act 4-look helm and I want to wear it but it's not appearing yet to send to my stash /cryyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah just a heads up the auction house is all kinds of fucked up right now. I wouldn't buy multiple items. It's likely that transactions are still going through (as always)

GorillaJu

Sounds like a bug. I'm surprised you're the first person to mention this

Yeah just a heads up the auction house is all kinds of fucked up right now. I wouldn't buy multiple items. It's likely that transactions are still going through (as always)

So when it's giving me the "transaction did not go through" error, it's likely that it actually did go through? I don't suppose there's any harm in my attempting to buy the exact same item multiple times.

eek5

So when it's giving me the "transaction did not go through" error, it's likely that it actually did go through? I don't suppose there's any harm in my attempting to buy the exact same item multiple times.

Yeah it says something like check your auction log for more info which leads me to believe it's still going through like it used to when we'd get bid failed errors

well they just opened up gem and ingredient sharing back. They mentioned that those pretty much cripples AH.

I can see why, I sometimes refresh multiple times to possibly get the best deal on buying a gem.

Wallach

Why are dyes cheaper on the AH than from the vendors? Aren't people losing out on money by selling them cheaper?

There are random event vendors that sell dyes at 50% off. People stock up when they stumble across these vendors then resell them cheaper than standard vendor price.

Mystery

There's a vendor in Inferno that sells dyes at a major discount. My friend told me about him today, but I don't care about dyes so I didn't ask him more about it. Pretty sure you can google it or something.

Icomp

When it comes to my issues with witch doctor, I was hoping people would say 'it gets better' but instead it seems to be 'yeah, we suck'. Maybe a patch will help at some point, until then there's Dragon's Dogma.

I don't have any problem with WD so far, I'm at act 1 inferno. Where are you ingame?

Carcetti

I don't have any problem with WD so far, I'm at act 1 inferno. Where are you ingame?

Hell. It's not so much of a problem of a difficulty as it's a problem of playstyle. The skills I like using seem to become less and less effective the further I go. I wanted to cast varied magical attacks from behind an army of minions, not kite with a blowdart.

Icomp

Hell. It's not so much of a problem of a difficulty as it's a problem of playstyle. The skills I like using seem to become less and less effective the further I go. I wanted to cast varied magical attacks from behind an army of minions, not kite with a blowdart.

What skills are you using? I used ZD and Gargantuan up until I got zombie bears. And that's at like level 54 or so.

KKRT00

I'm getting bored when i play alone ;\
Hardcore would fix this but i just cant touch it, i have like one big lag spike every 1-2h when i can move but nothing happens for 2 minutes and then everything resyncs and i died from mobs damage ;\

Carcetti

Spirit walk with mana rune, splinters, bats, gargantuan with boss boost, hex with heal, trying different stuff like zombie wall and grasp in the last slot. Or vision quest with long cooldowns like fetish army. I stopped using dogs in nightmare since they had only like 10% uptime after dying so fast, and everything non-visionquest starts feeling like mana is a real bad issue now especially after playing with Wizard a bit.

Icomp

Spirit walk with mana rune, splinters, bats, gargantuan with boss boost, hex with heal, trying different stuff like zombie wall and grasp in the last slot. Or vision quest with long cooldowns like fetish army. I stopped using dogs in nightmare since they had only like 10% uptime after dying so fast, and everything non-visionquest starts feeling like mana is a real bad issue now especially after playing with Wizard a bit.

This is what I'm using at the moment.

And this is what I used while leveling, switching Bats for the spell I personally thought felt good at the situation.

With that I never felt like I had insufficient mana.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I found gargantuan to be useful in Hell, but it required the 20% defense passive. The last rune allows the pet to stun enemies, including bosses. Dogs are trash tho, which makes me sad =/

Mana is a huge issue tho, specially if you rock a 2hander. Until I got enough damage so that the few direbats I can cast before going OOM put a dent on enemies I had to blowdart everything. Booooring.

My main complain is that all the diversity, trickery, the jungle theme, the pets along with some decent CC made WD a riot to play. Until Hell/Inferno T_T

Carcetti

Thanks Icomp and Bitmap. Too bad the splinters blowdart is always there, I'm really starting to hate it. At start I loved the blowdart, loved the firebats. But I was hoping there would be more useful abilities to replace them int he later tiers.

I am hoping that the changes to help melee characters will also be beneficial to pets (on top of the Vit scaling fix) since they are also very much melee characters that need to survive.

I'm wondering if the changes to help melee will affect the WD himself, since he's sort of an in-between character.

TheYanger

Man...Ponyland is retarded. I got sick of farming chests and act 2 for garbage, decided to make a ponyland throwing set. less than 1 million gold later and I'm EASILY farming whimsy.

Real gear? 50 million easily.
Ponyland bullshit spec gear? 800k.
Which one can kill higher level mobs? >:|

V_Arnold

Man...Ponyland is retarded. I got sick of farming chests and act 2 for garbage, decided to make a ponyland throwing set. less than 1 million gold later and I'm EASILY farming whimsy.

Real gear? 50 million easily.
Ponyland bullshit spec gear? 800k.
Which one can kill higher level mobs? >:|

You mean Inferno Ponyland?
And also, is it worth it? The mobs there are simply melee, so with a glass cannon build, one could theoretically handle them better than mobs in the second half of Act2/Act3, right? :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ran Pony Land with my brother on Inferno last night. We both had about 300%+ MF each with NV stacks maxed.

There's a certain area where you can trap the elite mobs if done right (with DH).

So many potentially good drops and lots of cash to be made. Well worth the run.

<3

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Thanks Icomp and Bitmap. Too bad the splinters blowdart is always there, I'm really starting to hate it. At start I loved the blowdart, loved the firebats. But I was hoping there would be more useful abilities to replace them int he later tiers.

There are, it's just that the mana costs are prohibitive unless you run with vision quest.

But up to a certain point, everyone is cookie cutter in Inferno.

ElyrionX

Wait. You can get dyes cheaper from the AH? How much cheaper? I've always wanted to try the high end dyes but 5k for a dye is just ridiculous.

WD isn't all that bad. Every class feels restricted in inferno so when you say it gets worse, it does for all classes. I guess the big disappointment with the WD is that pets aren't viable, making their uniqueness not so unique. Hopefully that class update changes that.

TheYanger

You mean Inferno Ponyland?
And also, is it worth it? The mobs there are simply melee, so with a glass cannon build, one could theoretically handle them better than mobs in the second half of Act2/Act3, right? :D
Yes. and act 3 perhaps, act 2 not likely. I've heard some ranged friends who still thinka 2 is harder than a3 so idk. But as a melee that has huge trouble in 3 and 4, it's a blessing. The mobs in whimsy WILL one shot you though barring force armor.
Ran Pony Land with my brother on Inferno last night. We both had about 300%+ MF each with NV stacks maxed.

There's a certain area where you can trap the elite mobs if done right (with DH).

So many potentially good drops and lots of cash to be made. Well worth the run.

<3

Yeah I think everyone that runs it inevitably discovers the choke points for ponies, even just on accident. It was more fun with boneweave hauberks though before it got fixed ;)

I just feel like THESE kinds of garbage stats should not be more viable than my legit tanking gear at that kind of thing. Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom