• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This quiver seems pretty good for a DH with the Discipline, right stats though not a ton, and bonus Hatred regeneration. I think attack speed is pretty standard for any quiver, though. Value guestimations?

pmuGXl.jpg

Nert

Just hit level 22 for the first time (Witch Doctor, Normal, Hardcore mode). I have to say that picking Hardcore has made everything much more intense and engaging; the handful of moments where I've been close to death have been truly terrifying.

It'll be interesting to see how mad I get (if at all) if I die; I've never really done anything like this in a game before.

Edit: Also, although it may just be this way for every class in Normal, some of my abilities feel like they do *way* too much damage. My exploding fire toads more or less one shot everything, and I've never had a boss fight last more than a minute or two.

GorillaJu

This quiver seems pretty good for a DH with the Discipline, right stats though not a ton, and bonus Hatred regeneration. I think attack speed is pretty standard for any quiver, though. Value guestimations?

pmuGXl.jpg

Nothing really. Maybe 20k?

Bought a far superior one for 10k. Quivers have to be exceptionally good to be worth anything on the AH

eek5

I just ran into a hilarious/terrible bug. You know those fat guys that explode after you kill them and have worms/imps/swarms inside their stomaches? I ran into a champion pack of them with illusionist and apparently their illusions behave like normal enemies. I pretty much set off a chain reaction of 20 explosions and got the 30 kill achievement.

On the brighter side, all the illusions dropped loot like regular (there were about 40 health orbs on the ground at one point)

loots.jpg

There was another pile like this further in the cave where I died the first time.

Oh and the illusion chain explosion killed the champions the second time around lmao. Easiest softcore champ pack ever

eek5

Man, 9 rares in Act 3 from a Siegebreaker run with 5 NV and not even one was good. Blegh!

I think I've gotten up to 12-15 (cleared Level1/2 keep and frost cavern or whatever ~7-8 champ packs) and they were all shit before so it could be worse

On the plus side, my Hellrack will sell for at least 800k. I will be above 1mn for the first time ever, and I might actually be able to buy a decent weapon.

The ignores durability on the Hellrack will be even better post 1.03 with the upped repair costs, so hopefully somebody else throws a bid in.

edit: every elite pack will drop a rare. Bosses are only guaranteed to drop 1 rare, but very likely to drop 2 is my understanding of the changes.

On the plus side, my Hellrack will sell for at least 800k. I will be above 1mn for the first time ever, and I might actually be able to buy a decent weapon.

Are you sure about that? The only ones that would go for that much would need a dex roll on them and maybe a socket.

I've got an ass one with INT that I don't see myself getting more than 50k for

Shouta

I think I've gotten up to 12-15 (cleared Level1/2 keep and frost cavern or whatever ~7-8 champ packs) and they were all shit before so it could be worse

Yeah, it's annoying as hell. I kinda wish they'd also drop more gear specific to my class like Daibos or Spirit Stones for monks rather than junk for DHs, it's a little bit of a slap in the face. This really needs to be done because the unique skill boosters are mostly on those unique pieces. So being able to customize with gear for your skills would be really sweet

Are you sure about that? The only ones that would go for that much would need a dex roll on them and maybe a socket.

I've got an ass one with INT that I don't see myself getting more than 50k for

Yeah, I've already got a bid. I priced high just to see if I could get a bite. I posted the stats a couple pages back. Basically I had the highest overall DPS so it is highly visible, and it also has IAS, which somewhat makes up for the lack of dex.

Carcetti

Not at all. Just hit 60 on my WD and I'm enjoying Act1 Inferno. Has easily been my favorite class and in many ways is the most uniquely designed class. I'm kind of jealous of you being 21... it was fun unlocking all the new spells for the WD. How I miss the first time I filled the skies with frogs. :D

And I'm jealous of you. The WD is my favorite class in the whole game when it comes to armor, looks, how the powers looks and the fact it's a semi pet class. However, I'm nowhere near Inferno and I'm actually playing D3 less and less each day as I tried other classes and it either feels I'm doing something wrong on the WD.

My issues:
- The first ever attack and rune are the most useful ones through the whole game, and it's the most boring looking attack in the arsenal. It's also the only attack that's really effective dps/manawise. I didn't really imagine I'd be using just a blowdart for hundreds of hours.
- Mana regenerates really slow compared to every other resource so you're going to be casting Splinters soon enough again.
- Unless you use Vision Quest which is terrible game design that forces you not to use any cooldowns intelligently.
- Due to slow casting animations I feel like a walking turret even when compared to a disintegrating wizard.
- It doesn't feel like a pet class past act 4 normal. Actually the whole experience in normal where I decided I like WD most feels like false advertising looking back to it.

SupaNaab

Playing Hardcore Hell Act III (Level 58 Baba w/58 WD Co-Op). Looking up level 60 gear and there are only 8 lvl 60 amulets on the AH. I am loving this so much more when it is solely up to me to acquire my gear because the AH is barren. Playing Softcore feels like a PTR.

Wedge7

Obviously, life on hit is an incredible affix for 1 handed weapons, especially for tanks, its pretty much the most highly sought after thing on a weapon, but is it that useful for bows?

I just got a pretty decent bow as a drop, and it has pretty high LOH, but I personally never really cared much for it as a DH, I mean, who needs LOH when I pretty much get 1 hit killed, but I was wondering then if it really adds any value to the weapon? I honestly cant even search on the AH for equivalents, because their's so few, and the ones that are up are very high, but also not selling.

Err, I was just wondering if maybe some more defensive oriented DH's value it at all, and if it really adds value to a weapon.

Neki

Obviously, life on hit is an incredible affix for 1 handed weapons, especially for tanks, its pretty much the most highly sought after thing on a weapon, but is it that useful for bows?

I just got a pretty decent bow as a drop, and it has pretty high LOH, but I personally never really cared much for it as a DH, I mean, who needs LOH when I pretty much get 1 hit killed, but I was wondering then if it really adds any value to the weapon? I honestly cant even search on the AH for equivalents, because their's so few, and the ones that are up are very high, but also not selling.

Depends on the LOH and DPS. I'd like an LOH x-bow so I don't have to burn Shadow Power every time I fight damage reflect, so that 14 disc goes to 3 more caltrops or so.

Narag

Err, I was just wondering if maybe some more defensive oriented DH's value it at all, and if it really adds value to a weapon.

Opiate uses a high LOH weapon iirc. He's been using a high damage reduction build. Bow like that might develop more value after 1.03 if Inferno is no longer a oneshot fest for DH too.

are they really just gonna destroy IAS? The way people are talking, they're acting like they're just straight up deleting the IAS stat on the items. :p

I've been rocking a 1k dps bow with no stat bonuses whatsoever(bought of AH) I've been doing siegebreaker/Azmodan runs with 5 stacks of valor and lots magic find and I still haven't gotten a bow better than the shitty one I got off the AH for dirt cheap. Only items I get with 1k dps are shitty 2 handed melee weapons nobody wants.

nOOuP.jpg

Someone in trade chat wants to buy these from me for 1m. Anyone think this is a good deal? I couldn't really find anything else on AH with that much INT, VIT, and All Res

Are they actually increasing drop rates in A3/4? I got the impression that they were just increasing A4h/A1i/A2i

As you can see, players who would rather murder monsters 4x as fast in Inferno Act I can do so knowing they have a chance at amazing items, and players who want a challenge can kill in Acts III and IV in Inferno and be rewarded with a higher drop rate.

Seems to me they are upping all of the percentages. Wouldn't make much sense if they didn't. Unless they want people to just stay in Act 1.

wow fuck act 3 inferno, shit is just stupid.

I mean, is there really any point in farming act 1? im kinda stuck at a crossroad, not sure if i want to farm act 1 or try to do act 3...

Narag

Seems to me they are upping all of the percentages. Wouldn't make much sense if they didn't. Unless they want people to just stay in Act 1.

The way the post reads makes me think it's a higher drop rate relative to Act I/II rather than an increase over current drop rates.

Neki

Based on what I've seen on the AH, I'd pay 3.5 mil for that. There is a lot of xbows up but I don't think anyone is buying them because everyone undervalues LOH. You could probably get 5-6 mil on the AH though, it's high LOH. There's a similar x-bow with less LOH that's bidding for 4.7 mil

are they really just gonna destroy IAS? The way people are talking, they're acting like they're just straight up deleting the IAS stat on the items. :p

No one knows. I can't imagine they'd kill anymore than 30% of what it does now. If they nerf it with diminishing returns more than 50% I'd be surprised.

Cipherr

nOOuP.jpg

Someone in trade chat wants to buy these from me for 1m. Anyone think this is a good deal? I couldn't really find anything else on AH with that much INT, VIT, and All Res

Sell them, quickly, good deal.

No one knows. I can't imagine they'd kill anymore than 30% of what it does now. If they nerf it with diminishing returns more than 50% I'd be surprised.

Pretty much. Im just not going to build around IAS at the moment until we know what they are going to do to it. Not going to break the bank and turn around and have them halve the effect on us. LOH on the other hand is known to be safe. They came out and said they like it and do not plan on changing life on hit at all.

The way the post reads makes me think it's a higher drop rate relative to Act I/II rather than an increase over current drop rates.

The chart is also labeled "New Drop Rates". I am pretty sure they are going to increase the drop rates for all acts. But I am not Blizzard. Let's be optimistic Diablo gaf!

eek5

wow fuck act 3 inferno, shit is just stupid.

I mean, is there really any point in farming act 1? im kinda stuck at a crossroad, not sure if i want to farm act 1 or try to do act 3...

A lot of the enemy behavior in a3 is stupid. Those big mace guys that you can NOT dodge at all in melee range (once the animation starts it's basically a 360 degree attack). Molaks and those shaman guys that constantly run away from you and have insane walking speed. The shamans constantly summon minions too so it's annoying to chase them. Soul ripper tongue attack is dumb. Herald of Petulance with their stupid tentacle attack that spawns pools of poison. Seriously it has like unlimited range and the same deal with 360 degree attack. I can be sprinting laterally to them after the animation starts and they still hit me. Silly.

Wallach

A lot of the enemy behavior in a3 is stupid. Those big mace guys that you can NOT dodge at all in melee range (once the animation starts it's basically a 360 degree attack). Molaks and those shaman guys that constantly run away from you and have insane walking speed. The shamans constantly summon minions too so it's annoying to chase them. Soul ripper tongue attack is dumb. Herald of Petulance with their stupid tentacle attack that spawns pools of poison. Seriously it has like unlimited range and the same deal with 360 degree attack. I can be sprinting laterally to them after the animation starts and they still hit me. Silly.

Moloks' pathing AI and instant-release fireball is fucking annoying. They're just behind Icefall Cavern scavengers and the soul lickers in the "FUCK YOU THIS GAME IS HORSESHIT" meter.

Hmmm, so those melee attacks hitting you even though you're already 3 feet behind them is really part of the game? All this time I've been blaming playing with 250-300ms. Oh well, at least it's bullshit for everyone.

Lord Phol

My issues:
- The first ever attack and rune are the most useful ones through the whole game, and it's the most boring looking attack in the arsenal. It's also the only attack that's really effective dps/manawise. I didn't really imagine I'd be using just a blowdart for hundreds of hours.
- Mana regenerates really slow compared to every other resource so you're going to be casting Splinters soon enough again.
- Unless you use Vision Quest which is terrible game design that forces you not to use any cooldowns intelligently.
- Due to slow casting animations I feel like a walking turret even when compared to a disintegrating wizard.
- It doesn't feel like a pet class past act 4 normal. Actually the whole experience in normal where I decided I like WD most feels like false advertising looking back to it.

I think you bring up a lot of good points. Pretty much sums up why I haven't been able to level up a WD past 10 even though I love how they look on paper and their armor design.
The bolded parts in particular really bugs me.

Narag

Hmmm, so those melee attacks hitting you even though you're already 3 feet behind them is really part of the game? All this time I've been blaming playing with 250-300ms. Oh well, at least it's bullshit for everyone.

Yeah, evidently once they start the animation, it'll connect unless you use your class' "Oh shit" button. It made Belial on Inferno so aggravating.

Thanks guys, item sold :D

BTW, does anyone have confirmation on whether or not iLvl 63 items can drop in Act 2 Inferno? I thought they could but just with a very low drop rate but a friend said he thought they couldn't

Good points on WDs, if they buff pet HP to scale with vitality then maybe they will be useful in Inferno

I hope they also make frogs viable, they were fun to use

Mupod

Well, I finally did it.

ibiG4iVc1WmMES.jpg

Inferno Diablo with two people in the game has like 300 million hp. Between my godawful Barbarian dps and my Monk friend's nonexistent dps it took us so long that even if we had a full 30 minutes on NV it would have fallen off long before we finished.

Izual was way worse though. Specifically when we got him to 20%, we had both adds down, a PROTECTION SHRINE, all our -damage debuffs, and he still randomly decided to one shot both of us with his charge in the space of a second (we were both in melee range). We both have good enough gear to facetank most of act 3 and 4. Never doing that again.

But yeah I have no idea what they were thinking with the mob hp/damage progression in inferno. Everything drops the same stuff from early act 3 onwards so why not just have the difficulty plateau around there? Instead it just gets worse and worse. Well, I guess late act 3 sucks more than early act 4 thanks to phasebeasts, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom