• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

So String of Ears/Lantern/Stormshield pretty much required for Act 3/4? 40ish % Block chance +18-20% melee dmg reduction sounds like a lot. Can I work around that? I don't want to make the same mistake I did in Act I and buy a ton of sidegrades at best, and just farm until I can afford those items. Is it worth buying one of those Stormshields with 20% base block for like 4 million, or should I just wait for the good ones with like 28-30%?

Strings is nice to have but I don't even use mine all the time. I got a 189STR/89VIT/66RES/205ARMOR belt for 300k that I use most of the time in A3. I'll only really switch to strings if I'm about to tank a group of the axe guys or some other melee mobs. The amount of HP/DPS/ETC I get from my other belt is too good to pass up for most situations.

Lantern/SS/Helm of Command are nice choices if you get ones with good rolls. I would not buy a SS with 20% block chance. For 4 million you could probably buy a decent Sacred Shield with 25+ block and resis.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how much passive Health Regen do you all have? With the followers and some passives, I have 573 Life Per Second, but that is it. No Life per hit (Doesn't really work well with slow 2H weapons), and life steal just doesn't heal enough to be worth it.

mercviper

This is incorrect.

Post-nerf means that force armor will only absorb at max your HP in health.

So if you suffer a 10,001 damage hit, you'll eat 3500. (absorb 6500)

So if you suffer a 13,501 damage hit, you'll eat 3501. (absorb the max 10000)

If you suffer a 20,000 damage hit, you'll die.

fixed

inky

Strings is nice to have but I don't even use mine all the time. I got a 189STR/89VIT/66RES/205ARMOR belt for 300k that I use most of the time in A3. I'll only really switch to strings if I'm about to tank a group of the axe guys or some other melee mobs. The amount of HP/DPS/ETC I get from my other belt is too good to pass up for most situations.

Lantern/SS/Helm of Command are nice choices if you get ones with good rolls. I would not buy a SS with 20% block chance. For 4 million you could probably buy a decent Sacred Shield with 25+ block and resis.

Thanks. I'll probably save up some 15 million, then improve piece by piece of my outfit. My shield is definitely my first priority, even though it has overall good stats, 17% block is very low. I feel like everything is lacking a little here and there but upgrades are so damn expensive.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hey guys... Any idea what this amulet could be worth

+8-18 damage
+60 Strength
+103 Dexterity
+76 Intelligence
30 Poison Resist
15% Attack Speed Increase
32% Critical Hit increase

I really have no clue what this worth is... It looks so tasty for a DH

Jrmint

+8-18 damage
+60 Strength
+103 Dexterity
+76 Intelligence
30 Poison Resist

Wow that's amazing. Would you sell for 500k to a gaffer??

Mashing

I would think ilvl 63 items can drop off any mobs that are level 63. I do not believe that even the bosses are level 63 in Act 2. I think you'll currently have to go to Act3/4 for those. I could be wrong.

LordCanti

+8-18 damage
+60 Strength
+103 Dexterity
+76 Intelligence
30 Poison Resist

The crit increase could be higher (I think Ammy's go to 50%, or high forties at least) but the combo of high dex, IAS, and Critical Hit should make that worth over a mil I'd think. Unless I'm just completely off.

For the new page!

My glass cannon wouldn't be much help I'm afraid. You need a buff monk/barb to tank him while you sit back and deal damage.

Cheeto

+8-18 damage
+60 Strength
+103 Dexterity
+76 Intelligence
30 Poison Resist

I'd say he should put it up on the AH for 1mil bid with no buyout and let the bids take-over... good chance it'll creep to 1.5mil

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well... He's going to think what to do with it... Thanks guys :p I have an odd feeling he's going to hold it for RMAH now lol

Riggs

Banned
Think I am done with this game untill patch. I ve farmed act 1 for a week and gotten no where.

I cannot do act II as a DH. Fucking imp elite invul / minions / mortar / fast / xtra hp

What the fuck can I do? I cannot kite he's to fast and burrows underground, and if I try to gloom/nether it just doesn't work I cannot do enough dmg (69K w/ ss).

It's to the point where I am getting frustrated beyond belief. I can drag these champs/elites with crazy affixes to the spawn point and win by cheating the system but that does not feel good either.

Anyone else having these problems?

Seriously though the fucking cheap shit this game delivers is amazing, Writhers that are perma invis where you cannot break their invis, the imps underground in the ancient ruins (had one that was elite, burrowing underground 90% of the time when I kited him so my traps did nothing). I like hard fights, but some of this shit is so cheap it just piss's me off.

Sorry for ranting but I DO NOT want to stop playing this game. But what else can I Do? I've tried every fucking build under the sun, and nothing gets me through act II. I can get 5 stack of NV don't get me wrong guys, I can kill a lot of shit. But there are certain mob types with certain affixes that are literally impossible for me to kill. And when your path is blocked by these kinds of mobs, I have to reset the entire dungeon/instance.

Please DH's any tips at this point would be great.

I am like 23K HP, 69K DPS w/ SS, resists are in the 100's and they need work. I've tried kite builds, gloom build, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. Nothing is working right now. I have no more capacity mentally to farm Act 1, I've been farming Act 1 for one solid week and I am getting no where with it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
when's 1.03 coming out? i'm not gonna bother with Act II Inferno until that drops.

"Later this month" is the party line, atm. I would expect last week of June.

Just beat normal with the monk...ok, that was a ton of fun because the presentation is pretty damn incredible (that sound design!) and it's fun/addicting to play. That said, I didn't die once. I hope Nightmare changes that because once was enough to take it all in, now I want some challenge.

LiK

Just beat normal with the monk...ok, that was a ton of fun because the presentation is pretty damn incredible (that sound design!) and it's fun/addicting to play. That said, I didn't die once. I hope Nightmare changes that because once was enough to take it all in, now I want some challenge.

Monk is way OP in Normal. NM will definitely give you some challenge. Normal enemies are still a cakewalk but the Champions etc will do some damage.

Snookie

Question about the Sharpshooter skill for demon hunters. i'm at 57 right now. Without it my damage is around 12k. With it it shoots up to 27k or something like that.

So I'm kinda confused on this...

Right now i'm running tactical advantage, archery and steady aim.

pigeon

Banned
Question about the Sharpshooter skill for demon hunters. i'm at 57 right now. Without it my damage is around 12k. With it it shoots up to 27k or something like that.

The listed DPS figure takes your critical hit chance into account. Sharpshooter makes your critical hit chance 100% whenever you're just standing around for a while.

LordCanti

Think I am done with this game untill patch. I ve farmed act 1 for a week and gotten no where.

I cannot do act II as a DH. Fucking imp elite invul / minions / mortar / fast / xtra hp

What the fuck can I do? I cannot kite he's to fast and burrows underground, and if I try to gloom/nether it just doesn't work I cannot do enough dmg (69K w/ ss).

It's to the point where I am getting frustrated beyond belief. I can drag these champs/elites with crazy affixes to the spawn point and win by cheating the system but that does not feel good either.

Anyone else having these problems?

Seriously though the fucking cheap shit this game delivers is amazing, Writhers that are perma invis where you cannot break their invis, the imps underground in the ancient ruins (had one that was elite, burrowing underground 90% of the time when I kited him so my traps did nothing). I like hard fights, but some of this shit is so cheap it just piss's me off.

Sorry for ranting but I DO NOT want to stop playing this game. But what else can I Do? I've tried every fucking build under the sun, and nothing gets me through act II. I can get 5 stack of NV don't get me wrong guys, I can kill a lot of shit. But there are certain mob types with certain affixes that are literally impossible for me to kill. And when your path is blocked by these kinds of mobs, I have to reset the entire dungeon/instance.

Please DH's any tips at this point would be great.

I am like 23K HP, 69K DPS w/ SS, resists are in the 100's and they need work. I've tried kite builds, gloom build, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. Nothing is working right now. I have no more capacity mentally to farm Act 1, I've been farming Act 1 for one solid week and I am getting no where with it.

Smokescreen to the next checkpoint over and over until you're at ZK. Then get a monk friend to help you kill Belial.

My only advice would be to get more discipline (the max if possible) and then caltrops (w/torturous ground) kite things as much as possible. This shouldn't be necessary for anything but champs at your DPS (69k should mow down mobs in Act 2). Don't smokescreen unless you absolutely have to to conserve discipline for the caltrops. If you can spare it, vault (with the rune that makes it cost less discipline) is good for making escapes.

Oh and run along walls so you don't get attacked from multiple angles whenever possible.

Riggs

Banned

Right now i'm running tactical advantage, archery and steady aim.

Ok so if you have sharp shooter , watch your crit % it climbs to under, 3 % per 1 sec.

So you may find an item that has less dps then your current, but as your crit % climbs keep mousing over the item over and over and you will see it change. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It really is interesting, you can go for all around dmg or items with crit dmg % which will make your dps sky rocket.

None the less, anyone got tips for me from my previous post?

Riggs

Banned
Smokescreen to the next checkpoint over and over until you're at ZK. Then get a monk friend to help you kill Belial.

My only advice would be to get more discipline (the max if possible) and then caltrops (w/torturous ground) kite things as much as possible. This shouldn't be necessary for anything but champs at your DPS (69k should mow down mobs in Act 2). Don't smokescreen unless you absolutely have to to conserve discipline for the caltrops. If you can spare it, vault (with the rune that makes it cost less discipline) is good for making escapes.

Oh and run along walls so you don't get attacked from multiple angles whenever possible.

Trying that right now actually, I just can't kill some of this shit. I don't like skipping anything, maybe that is my problem ....

I am at 44 disc right now.

Wool

Ok so if you have sharp shooter , watch your crit % it climbs to under, 3 % per 1 sec.

So you may find an item that has less dps then your current, but as your crit % climbs keep mousing over the item over and over and you will see it change. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It really is interesting, you can go for all around dmg or items with crit dmg % which will make your dps sky rocket.

None the less, anyone got tips for me from my previous post?

I'm also a DH and can't get through act 2, but 23K HP sounds really low. I think I'm at 42K, and I still die fast.

Riggs

Banned
I'm also a DH and can't get through act 2, but 23K HP sounds really low. I think I'm at 42K, and I still die fast.

What's your dps and resistances? It gets to a point where I don't even think it matters, your going to get fucked up at 42k anyway. But ya I agree, 23k is low I guess.

At this point I may just need to take a break, this is like demon souls rage level at the moment.

Riggs

Banned
Don't be afraid to reset the map.

That's the whole point we shouldn't have to be doing shit like that. But yeah ... it's about my only hope. No idea what the fuck blizzard was thinking with this. Elite Invul/plague/mortar/minions/xtra health , great.

Ghost23

My wizard build is

Force armor
Magic weapon
Venom hydra
Piercing orb
Teleport (the rune that creates clones)
Diamond skin (extra absorb health)

I just defeated the skeleton king pretty easily in inferno, though that's hardly a compliment.

scy

Don't be afraid to reset the map.

Or kite enemies to some out of the way location so you can die and then run by the area they were blocking.

Edit: Also, don't forget to actually gear your follower. A 100k HP Templar can last a decent amount of time and you can do some positioning so he blocks a doorway or staircase and the enemies just kind of run against him instead of doing anything relevant like melting faces.

LordCanti

Trying that right now actually, I just can't kill some of this shit. I don't like skipping anything, maybe that is my problem ....

I am at 44 disc right now.

Most champ mob combos in Inferno Act 2+ are instant skips for me. It's just not worth the headache. If I don't have a long stretch of real estate to kite them on, I don't bother.

ttocs

That's the whole point we shouldn't have to be doing shit like that. But yeah ... it's about my only hope. No idea what the fuck blizzard was thinking with this. Elite Invul/plague/mortar/minions/xtra health , great.

Watching others on twitch.tv, it seems almost everyone does this. It is kind of nuts that we would have to just to be able to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom