• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
That's whatever, I mean why can't they stop these people? Don't they use a script to bot? Obviously they are not botting themselves or it wouldn't be botting. Again I know nothing of how this works. But this game is online 100% you think blizz could do something. I thought the entire point of the game being online only was to stop shit like this.

I'm on the same page if you saw my posts a few posts up.

That gold farmer in the interview said he wrote scripts.

pigeon

Banned
Blizzard needs to end global play before the RMAH launches, unless they've got the tools in place to restrict the RMAH by region.

...the RMAH has always been limited by region? Global Play was never planned to work at all with the RMAH, it's in the FAQ. I didn't actually realize until you pointed it out why that might be, though.

Jesus Christ O_O

Man, I can never compete with that! Fuck I'm never gonna afford anything in the AH ;_;

Oh well, I guess I have to farm for all my gear now..

Why? All you have to do is find an item that has value on the AH and it will also have inflated heavily, so you'll make millions that way. There are two streams of income in Diablo III: gold and items/crafting materials. The second one is always going to fluctuate with the AH, so at least some of your income will be pegged to "cost of living" at all times.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So the goblin trick has been nerfed.

Didn't have the chance to try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPda6BSkniE

lol

I don't know why people say it is nerfed. Either it isn't nerfed or they nerfed it long before I started farming goblins because it still works fine for me. I tested it right before this message.

Here are the results from 2 out of 3 runs, does that look like nerfed to you? That is 4 blues and 2 yellows in less than 3 minutes of "work". It took me longer to put the images together in Gimp, lol.

meiET.png

I've moved on to act 3 farming but I had to test this again just because so many people keep saying it is nerfed.

LordCanti

...the RMAH has always been limited by region? Global Play was never planned to work at all with the RMAH, it's in the FAQ. I didn't actually realize until you pointed it out why that might be, though.

Why? All you have to do is find an item that has value on the AH and it will also have inflated heavily, so you'll make millions that way. There are two streams of income in Diablo III: gold and items/crafting materials. The second one is always going to fluctuate with the AH, so at least some of your income will be pegged to "cost of living" at all times.

The RMAH may be, but the game isn't. They can use their overseas accounts to play NA, then transfer the gold to an account that is from the NA region to sell. Global play (letting them accumulate gold on the NA server) is the problem.

TP

What is the ZK exploit?

Get three times the experience and money from one boss fight

Person A beats boss and invites person B
Person B leaves the game before talking to Adria and resumes game solo
Person B talks to Adria the joins Person A game
Person A leaves to resume solo before person B talks to Adria
Person B joins person A and talks to Adria

A gets experience once and B gets it three times.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm up to the point where I can take quite a beating and survive on Act 2 with my Barbarian, but my DPS is down to 12k and holy shit does it take forever to kill anything.

I'm going to need to dump over a million on a good 1-hander to make this work. I really want to keep using my 2-handed hammer, though. I'm going to see if I can't just change up some skills and make it work.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I don't know why people say it is nerfed. Either it isn't nerfed or they nerfed it long before I started farming goblins because it still works fine for me. I tested it right before this message.

Here are the results from 2 out of 3 runs, does that look like nerfed to you?

meiET.png

I've moved on to act 3 farming but I had to test this again just because so many people keep saying it is nerfed.

Is that one better than the road to alcarnus?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
When you hit 60 and unlock Nephalem Valor, does that only happen in Inferno or does it also occur in Hell mode?

You can get it on any difficulty as long as you are level 60. I was helping a friend through Nightmare last night and had 5 stacks the entire time.

It does not matter where the items are since the gold will be worth Blizz Bucks, from which you can trade just as you traded in the normal AH.

Might see an exodus anyway if the value of gold isn't stable. If the value of gold keeps massively deflating like it is now, no one will want to hold on to it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Is that one better than the road to alcarnus?

I haven't farmed the road to alcarnus imp but I remember that being relatively wide open with the imp possibly anywhere in the area. This one is a narrow path. Depending on what you run into you can check this path in less than 30 seconds I'd say.

I should clear 20m by then. If I can get $5 per mil (legitimately) I'll be happy enough (despite that 30% fee that will make it $70 instead of $100).
Why are you holding on to gold? Why not buy items and hold onto those? Or is item deflation keeping pace with gold deflation?

SleazyC

It seemed like it was actually easier (aside from fast stuff) with the small rooms. I was dumping traps in every doorway to slow them down & whittle away at health and it worked surprisingly well.
I loved rolling around a corner and getting one shotted by skeleton arrows or any other mob that had a ranged attack. When you have a glass cannon build any obstruction of your view or restriction of kiting motion (not just back and forth but side to side) guarantees you'll die frequently.

I just chalked it up to playing a very cheap build and moved on.

Won

What's your dps and resistances? It gets to a point where I don't even think it matters, your going to get fucked up at 42k anyway. But ya I agree, 23k is low I guess.

At this point I may just need to take a break, this is like demon souls rage level at the moment.

For me I think it was 30k-35k hp and 350-400 res at which point act 2 started to become trivial. Which wasn't hard to get since I don't really care about my DPS.

Riggs

Banned
For me I think it was 30k-35k hp and 350-400 res at which point act 2 started to become trivial. Which wasn't hard to get since I don't really care about my DPS.

Thank you dude I will shoot for those numbers, at least I have something to work towards. Are you DH btw?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I haven't farmed the road to alcarnus imp but I remember that being relatively wide open with the imp possibly anywhere in the area. This one is a narrow path. Depending on what you run into you can check this path in less than 30 seconds I'd say.

Can I do the public hell game trick to get to The Black Soulstone and the correct waypoint/checkpoint?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Ya I did , I know man. Sorry for being all negative. Just not sure how this AH can survive with these botters.

If it can't survive with botters it couldn't survive without them either. The only thing botters due is speed up the progression.

Inflation itself is inevitable without major money sinks. The flip side is that items aren't going to retain value either as supply continues to increase. Just a matter of time before supply catches up with demand.

Riggs

Banned
If it can't survive with botters it couldn't survive without them either. The only thing botters due is speed up the progression.

Inflation itself is inevitable without major money sinks. The flip side is that items aren't going to retain value either as supply continues to increase. Just a matter of time before supply catches up with demand.

I guess I am horrible at economics. All I know is I can't afford anything and I've been farming forever. Shit feels bad man!

Radec

My wizard build is

Force armor
Magic weapon
Venom hydra
Piercing orb
Teleport (the rune that creates clones)
Diamond skin (extra absorb health)

I just defeated the skeleton king pretty easily in inferno, though that's hardly a compliment.

dude I defeated the butcher easily, but getting destroyed in the deserts of act 2.

feels bad man.

Won

Thank you dude I will shoot for those numbers, at least I have something to work towards. Are you DH btw?

Yes. I also should add that I use the numbing traps passive. Helps a lot at least for the way I play. No idea how much that helps you.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

How do botters speed up my progression?

I've been farming an act 2 goblin for a week and have only made a few million.

That's not enough to get gear to help my progess.

The only way botting speeds up progression is if I bot.

Rufus

That's whatever, I mean why can't they stop these people? Don't they use a script to bot? Obviously they are not botting themselves or it wouldn't be botting. Again I know nothing of how this works. But this game is online 100% you think blizz could do something. I thought the entire point of the game being online only was to stop shit like this.
Preventing item duping (with DRM as an additional side dish) was the point. They'll make some money off the RMAH too, I guess.

I don't know anything about how bots work, but I would assume that the bots just push buttons for you? Not sure what Blizz can do about that, since that would be happening at the OS level.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I guess I am horrible at economics. All I know is I can't afford anything and I've been farming forever. Shit feels bad man!

Instead of farming items I'd recommend farming gold. You can build/buy a basic suit of gold find on the cheap, then run the areas of the game that have the most gold on an easier difficulty level than your current max.

Unless you can farm act 3/4 or know some way to make set pieces and the handful of valuable legendaries drop you're kind of screwed for item farming. Increasing availability of act 3/4 loot on the AH is killing the prices of almost everything else.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in Act 3 Hell right now and I feel I'm a little underpowered. What should I be aiming for in terms of dps/resists/etc at this point?

You really don't resists or a shield for Hell or even Act 1 Inferno, honestly.

Your DPS is abysmal. You could easily be killing things 10x as quickly with a cheap 2-hander. Since you're still level 58, search for 60 - 60 items with a reduced level requirement of 2.

Woo-Fu

Banned
How do botters speed up my progression?

I've been farming an act 2 goblin for a week and have only made a few million.

That's not enough to get gear to help my progess.

The only way botting speeds up progression is if I bot.

Not your progression, the progression of the economy from the start line to hyperinflation. It is going to get there with or without the botters.

I'm in Act 3 Hell right now and I feel I'm a little underpowered. What should I be aiming for in terms of dps/resists/etc at this point?
in act 1 hell I already had more dps and vit than that. Then again I didn't feel the need to stack resistances for a long time so I didn't really go for it much, which allowed me to get cheaper stuff with high dps/vit/etc

LordCanti

Why are you holding on to gold? Why not buy items and hold onto those? Or is item deflation keeping pace with gold deflation?

Honestly, I'm not sure how much items are actually going to be worth on the RMAH. If I convert my gold to items, and then the items are drowned in a sea of similar items (priced to go) on the RMAH, I'm stuck with a bunch of worthless merchandise to sell.

Gold will sell. It's just a matter of how much it will sell for. I'm not looking to get rich, just to pay myself back for having bought the game (which I need approximately $6.5 per million to do at 20m gold).

If I can do that, I won't feel bad spending money to get back in when the expansion hits.

Not your progression, the progression of the economy from the start line to hyperinflation. It is going to get there with or without the botters.

A month or two of sanity before gold tanked would have been nice.

pigeon

Banned

I'm not sure this is true, though, because botters make more money than the designed money sinks expect (since they don't actually do things like fight monsters). I'm not saying that the designed money sinks are correct -- I don't really know -- but botting does, in fact, throw them out of whack.

You really don't resists or a shield for Hell or even Act 1 Inferno, honestly.

Your DPS is abysmal. You could easily be killing things 10x as quickly with a cheap 2-hander. Since you're still level 58, search for 60 - 60 items with a reduced level requirement of 2.

in act 1 hell I already had more dps and vit than that. Then again I didn't feel the need to stack resistances for a long time so I didn't really go for it much, which allowed me to get cheaper stuff with high dps/vit/etc

So, get more str/vit, don't worry about resistances, and find level 60 gear?

Thanks.

Anustart

Isn't that low?
What stats did it have?
Mine has this
XSgPX.png

It was a decent roll, but no stats over 100, I usually just search the ah and price mine according to lowest item price for similar item. A lot of the pants were at 300k with similar roll, so I price matched. I might have squeaked out 400k, but oh well.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Thank you all for the advice yesterday about 2 handed items being dirt cheap! I picked up an 1100 dmg staff for my enchantress for 9k!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thank you all for the advice yesterday about 2 handed items being dirt cheap! I picked up an 1100 dmg staff for my enchantress for 9k!
Stats are a lot more important on followers FYI. Since they are 2.5x
I got a 200 vit/100str/100dex 300dps 1h for my templar with 500 life on hit.

So he has 96k HP now with 32% block chance and 20% dodge chance.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm not sure this is true, though, because botters make more money than the designed money sinks expect (since they don't actually do things like fight monsters). I'm not saying that the designed money sinks are correct -- I don't really know -- but botting does, in fact, throw them out of whack.

1st. They already are out of whack. Smithing and Jewelcrafting have both failed as ongoing moneysinks. Armor repair was set too low. They're scrambling---well, scrambling in terms of Blizzard speed---to adjust these. Of these three only one would appear to be non-optional and it also happens to be the one they intend to increase what, 10x? :)

2nd. Blizzard has more experience dealing with botters than probably any other company out there. This leads me to believe that a) they should have been wise enough to craft an economy that would work just fine with botters, or b) they should have had a functional anti-botting system since day 1 of release.

Botters are a symptom, not a root cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom