• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
Most champ mob combos are instant skips for me. It's just not worth the headache. If I don't have a long stretch of real estate to kite them on, I don't bother.

And that is what it's come down to ..... we just skip shit.

I am not dissing you Canti believe me, you have helped me a lot in this thread. I just can't wait for the patch, think I am done for now. This is not fun, or making use of skills (our skills as players), it's just a massive fucking gear check headache for me. Which is weird cuz I don't mind gearchecks, but something about these fights just come off as cheap to me.

Dahbomb

Health without resistance and armor is useless. I am at around 3000 armor, 25K HP, around 70K DPS w/ SS but I have over 300+ resistances. Some stuff I can survive being 1 shot but the main difference in survivability is my discipline is 50 and I have Preparation.

I basically am able to tackle anything that doesn't have Reflect Damage or Invulnerable minions. I can do Reflect Damage Blue enemies if they don't have a Fast affix or Extra health but that still requires a ton of kiting and SSs. Invulnerable enemies also depend on the type and other affixes but if the combination is too crazy I skip. If the affix combination is alright I can usually take down a Blue/Yellow mob with out a death or not more than 1 death.

I am up to the 7th-8th quest in Act 2 so far aside from random deaths it hasn't been too bad.

Thrakier

Is it possible that the prices in the AH went up? I bought a legendary helmet a while ago for, I don't know, maybe 100k. And now it's worth several millions? o_O

LordCanti

I am not dissing you Canti believe me, you have helped me a lot in this thread. I just can't wait for the patch, think I am done for now. This is not fun, or making use of skills (our skills as players), it's just a massive fucking gear check headache for me. Which is weird cuz I don't mind gearchecks, but something about these fights just come off as cheap to me.

I've been hoarding gold instead of spending it. At this point I can afford the upgrades that would make most champ mob fights trivial, but I refuse to spend it because I think Blizzard will inevitably nerf the crit build that most DH's are currently using. If I spend 10m on an Xbow and they nerf it, I'm suddenly stuck with a 10m gold paperweight :p

I'm at like 30k non SS, 70k SS (thanks to +crit ammys I rolled). Most fights end very quickly, all the way up to Act IV of Inferno. It's just the teleporting, tongue lashing, asshole enemies that won't go down ><

(and the six affix elites that no one is able to kill. Invul minions, plague, vortex, waller, jailer all in one? No thank you.)

Gold value has dropped a ton.

The bots saw to that =/

pigeon

Banned

This is one weird aspect of the design that they may not have intended. The planned endgame is that you run a bunch of unique packs -- so they should (and do) have the potential to be the hardest fights in the game. If you can't beat (say) Act II, their intention is for you to stay in Act I and farm -- which means that Act I random unique fights need to be potentially harder than the actual Act I content. So skipping unique packs is actually how they intend you to progress in the game. Too bad they don't actually teach you to do this or give you good tools for it!

scosher

Is it possible that the prices in the AH went up? I bought a legendary helmet a while ago for, I don't know, maybe 100k. And now it's worth several millions? o_O

If it's an item that can last end-game (or a unique legendary with coveted stats), price will shoot up due to gold inflation. If not, prices are in the cellar because of such a large supply of items being recycled in the system, none of them binding on equip.

Quite possibly the worst type of economy Blizzard could have imagined for this game.

Woo-Fu

Banned
What are your stats? I just got to act 3 inferno with my WD, and although I didn't try it too long, it seemed like it was going to be a lot harder than act 2.
~40k DPS
~30k HP
~300 resists
+25% run speed. :)
~2.3 attack speed

I want to add some more attack speed but I can't find attack speed gloves that have same or better int/vit as my current gloves. Even if I did they'd probably cost > 5mil.

I use wall, grasp, poison darts, horrify, hex, and spirit walk.
Passives are Pierce the veil, Blood Ritual and Spirit Vessel.

The start of act 3 is much harder than much of the later parts, IMHO. Giant packs of fallen with the mages reviving the imps makes it hard to clear as a WD. You basically have use spirit walk to get in close enough to kill the mage(s) and then hope you get back out before the imps destroy you.

The parts inside the keep are much easier because you've got plenty of chokepoints. Once you can get Tyrael to fight for you it gets even easier, lol.

What I've been doing is this:

Start at siegebreaker checkpoint.
Check bridge room for chest. If not chest restart game.
If there is chest, clear area, getting 1 stack from elite pack if they're not too nasty. Leave the chest for now.
Go back and do levels 1, 2, and 3 of the keep, building your stack, looking for more resplendent chests. Very few packs I can't kill with a little help from Tyrael.
Once I have 5 NV stacks I go back to town, get my magic find suit.
Kill siegebreaker, swapping to mf gear right before end of fight.
Loot every resplendent chest I found (I've found one on at least 2 of the keep levels to go along with the one right before siegebreaker).

Knowing the proposed itemization changes for 1.03 I've kind of lost interest in farm runs, though, so I'll probably just goof around to the end of the month.

LordCanti

RMAH will never launch wednesday.

Yeah, it'll launch Tuesday :p according to the in-game message.

There was a new blue post a half hour ago or so saying that they were preparing for the launch of the RMAH, and that authenticators would now be needed to use it or something. It certainly sounds like it is imminent. Whether or not cashing out to paypal will be there at launch is something else entirely.

Ugh, better get things ready for RMAH I guess.
I'd imagine gold value would go even lower now due to more sellers, but maybe some people just want to buy a stupid amount of gold safely and it'll equalize. Who knows.
Yup.

If that youtube video from yesterday was accurate, and gold farmers are holding a ton of gold for the RMAH, then gold is going to absolutely plummet. If he was full of it, and thousands of people that were too scared to use the shady third party gold selling sites are suddenly in the market, gold might stabilize at something that isn't absurdly low. We'll see.

I should clear 20m by then. If I can get $5 per mil (legitimately) I'll be happy enough (despite that 30% fee that will make it $70 instead of $100).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'd imagine gold value would go even lower now due to more sellers, but maybe some people just want to buy a stupid amount of gold safely and it'll equalize. Who knows.
If it's an item that can last end-game (or a unique legendary with coveted stats), price will shoot up due to gold inflation. If not, prices are in the cellar because of such a large supply of items being recycled in the system, none of them binding on equip.
Yup.

DSmalls84

Quite possibly the worst type of economy Blizzard could have imagined for this game.

On the plus side I was able to grab some IAS gloves/+ movement boots on the cheap.

DSmalls84

Yeah, it'll launch Tuesday :p according to the in-game message.

There was a new blue post a half hour ago or so saying that they were preparing for the launch of the RMAH, and that authenticators would now be needed to use it or something. It certainly sounds like it is imminent.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the launch of the RMAH. I can't help but think it will be anything but smooth. Hopefully we don't see a mass exodus of end game items from the gold auction house but I can totally see this happening.

V_Arnold

It will be interesting to see what happens with the launch of the RMAH. I can't help but think it will be anything but smooth. Hopefully we don't see a mass exodus of end game items from the gold auction house but I can totally see this happening.

It does not matter where the items are since the gold will be worth Blizz Bucks, from which you can trade just as you traded in the normal AH.

Woo-Fu

Banned

I think you will see that briefly but I think it will switch back to selling everything except gold on the gold auction house and then using the RMAH to cash out the gold.

The increased overhead will be worth the larger potential market, IMHO.

SleazyC

What's your dps and resistances? It gets to a point where I don't even think it matters, your going to get fucked up at 42k anyway. But ya I agree, 23k is low I guess.

At this point I may just need to take a break, this is like demon souls rage level at the moment.
I beat Act 2 @ 16k HP. My damage is 91k with Sharp Shooter. I died a lot while learning the best methods to kite and now I can manage for the most part but I still do die. I only skip a handful of champ combinations but if you have the room to kite most champ mobs aren't terrible.

Act 3 was super frustrating though because of all the tight corridors for 80% of the act.

Junie12

Wow just found out about 1.03, so they're really gonna nerf Inferno? o_O

Wow, can't say I'm mad at all at the change :lol

I just made it to Act II Inferno and man, this shit is just soul crushing :(

I feel like whatever I do it's just futile because I just die so easily in that Act, the difficulty spike is just insane and really killed my addiction to this game, and I don't feel like farming gold since the upgrades I need are way too expensive. So my only hope is to farm Act I which hasn't been going so well -_-

I guess I should just wait for 1.03 and get started on my HC Barb now, I need some fun in this game again.

ttocs

I beat Act 2 @ 16k HP. My damage is 91k with Sharp Shooter. I died a lot while learning the best methods to kite and now I can manage for the most part but I still do die. I only skip a handful of champ combinations but if you have the room to kite most champ mobs aren't terrible.

Act 3 was super frustrating though because of all the tight corridors for 80% of the act.

I can't even imagine Act 3 in Inferno with the castle corridors. Hell, even the sewers in Act 2 scare me. I still have a little while to go before that though.

DSmalls84

It does not matter where the items are since the gold will be worth Blizz Bucks, from which you can trade just as you traded in the normal AH.

So are you saying gold can be freely converted into cash and then Blizzard takes a transaction fee from it? Sounds basically like a spot exchange rate type situation if you were exchanging real currencies.

hitsugi

Act 3, with my new HP boost, is a breeze. :)
I also have a ~200 dps 1h weapon with 1k LoH for the damage reflect elites.
exception: invu. minions :p

gEwJF.jpg

Uhh what items are you using with those stats

LiK

Wow just found out about 1.03, so they're really gonna nerf Inferno? o_O

Wow, can't say I'm mad at all at the change :lol

I just made it to Act II Inferno and man, this shit is just soul crushing :(

I feel like whatever I do it's just futile because I just die so easily in that Act, the difficulty spike is just insane and really killed my addiction to this game, and I don't feel like farming gold since the upgrades I need are way too expensive. So my only hope is to farm Act I which hasn't been going so well -_-

I guess I should just wait for 1.03 and get started on my HC Barb now, I need some fun in this game again.

as the devs mentioned in their blog, they're lowering the wall. it'll still be tough as balls.

Narag

I can't even imagine Act 3 in Inferno with the castle corridors. Hell, even the sewers in Act 2 scare me. I still have a little while to go before that though.

It seemed like it was actually easier (aside from fast stuff) with the small rooms. I was dumping traps in every doorway to slow them down & whittle away at health and it worked surprisingly well.

LordCanti

So are you saying gold can be freely converted into cash and then Blizzard takes a transaction fee from it? Sounds basically like a spot exchange rate type situation if you were exchanging real currencies.

Freely? No. Someone still has to bid on the gold. You could list it for $10/m in Blizzard Bucks, but if no one buys it, no one buys it. Blizzard doesn't set the exchange rate, or put any Blizzard Bucks into the economy themselves.

(if that is what you meant, I digress)

Riggs

Banned
This is one weird aspect of the design that they may not have intended. The planned endgame is that you run a bunch of unique packs -- so they should (and do) have the potential to be the hardest fights in the game. If you can't beat (say) Act II, their intention is for you to stay in Act I and farm -- which means that Act I random unique fights need to be potentially harder than the actual Act I content. So skipping unique packs is actually how they intend you to progress in the game. Too bad they don't actually teach you to do this or give you good tools for it!

True, but I've been farming Act 1 for 7 days man. I have not gotten one upgrade, not one ...

I think what he is saying is that people will sell their items for gold. Then turn around and sell that gold on the RMAH.

TP

I have a lvl 2 character I want to get to 60
If anyone is interested in grinding Zoltun Kulle add me ToxicPunch#1963 US
I'm also in the gaf mumble server, Diablo 3 NA room 6

DSmalls84

Freely? No. Someone still has to bid on the gold. You could list it for $10/m in Blizzard Bucks, but if no one buys it, no one buys it. Blizzard doesn't set the exchange rate, or put any Blizzard Bucks into the economy themselves.

(if that is what you meant, I digress)

Yeah you pretty much answered my question. I was thinking Blizzard would exchange so much cash per amount of gold you cashed in but I get what you are saying.

Junie12

as the devs mentioned in their blog, they're lowering the wall. it'll still be tough as balls.

Sounds okay with me, the difficulty spike was too insane, and the gear in Act I really doesn't help you out much, so I'm glad they're fixing this issue.

Dahbomb

I've been hoarding gold instead of spending it. At this point I can afford the upgrades that would make most champ mob fights trivial, but I refuse to spend it because I think Blizzard will inevitably nerf the crit build that most DH's are currently using. If I spend 10m on an Xbow and they nerf it, I'm suddenly stuck with a 10m gold paperweight :p

I'm at like 30k non SS, 70k SS (thanks to +crit ammys I rolled). Most fights end very quickly, all the way up to Act IV of Inferno. It's just the teleporting, tongue lashing, asshole enemies that won't go down ><

(and the six affix elites that no one is able to kill. Invul minions, plague, vortex, waller, jailer all in one? No thank you.)
I feel like Blizzard is going to nerf SS (Sharpshooter). Pretty much everyone runs it and there is no reason NOT to run it. I am also expecting a nerf to Nether Tentacles.

Don't know how much they plan on nerfing Inferno though, if I can currently face roll Act 1 Inferno then in the new Inferno Act 2 I SHOULD be able to beat Act 2 without constant deaths, mob skipping and massive headaches.

LordCanti

Yeah you pretty much answered my question. I was thinking Blizzard would exchange so much cash per amount of gold you cashed in but i get what you are saying.

What I really want to know is what Blizzards algorithm for pricing gold is going to be. For instance, if you go try to buy gems right now, it will give you a price that you can pay right then. It will also show you the average cost of the past 10 trades or whatever. If you don't like that price, there is no option to put in a lower bid (so that you automatically buy when it hits that price). That being the case, if I price my gold at $10 per million (for instance) and gold fluctuates between 8-10, how does it decide when to offer up my gold for sale? For that matter, how does it choose which players gold it's going to offer for sale at any given moment? If it's me and a thousand other people offering the gold at that price, which one of us does it pick if the volume isn't high enough to pick all of us?

Cheeto

I have a lvl 2 character I want to get to 60
If anyone is interested in grinding Zoltun Kulle add me ToxicPunch#1963 US
I'm also in the gaf mumble server, Diablo 3 NA room 6

I'm interested in grinding later when I get home from work, around 6:30 EST if you're still doing it.

pigeon

Banned
True, but I've been farming Act 1 for 7 days man. I have not gotten one upgrade, not one ...

I feel you :/ I kind of plan to run up to Inferno and then take a break and play an alt until the patch goes in, myself.

What I really want to know is what Blizzards algorithm for pricing gold is going to be. For instance, if you go try to buy gems right now, it will give you a price that you can pay right then. It will also show you the average cost of the past 10 trades or whatever. If you don't like that price, there is no option to put in a lower bid (so that you automatically buy when it hits that price). That being the case, if I price my gold at $10 per million (for instance) and gold fluctuates between 8-10, how does it decide when to offer up my gold for sale? For that matter, how does it choose which players gold it's going to offer for sale at any given moment?

The way they've set up the commodity auction house is, like, designed for maximum confusion AND server load. It should be designed around bids and offers -- you put in a bid at X price, you get the items when they show up at X price or lower, and the same with offers. Vastly less impressions, but you still get to get your stuff for the price you want. Instead I bet they'll put a 30 second limit on getting a commodity quote just so that people stop slamming the server.

KKRT00

Yup.

Normal sellers arent a problem, boters are. There was an interview yesterday with Chinese farmer, who has 100 accounts and he and all his alike are saving gold for RMAH and sell only few % via external sites. He said that he estimates around 10k farming accounts and that converts too 3 billion gold per hour in one realms [You can use one account for both realms US and EU simultaneously]
So it means that from now till Wednesday, they'll generate around 500b gold for sell and they are farming since almost day one
All say hello to uber inflation.

Talon

Normal sellers arent a problem, boters are. There was an interview yesterday with Chinese farmer, who has 100 account and he and all his alike are saving gold for RMAH and sell only few % via external sites. He said that he estimates around 10k farming accounts and that converts too 3 billion gold per hour in one realms [You can use one account for both realms US and EU simultaneously]
So it means that from now till Wednesday, they'll generate around 500b gold for sell and they are farming since almost day one
You'd think people would have better things to do with their lives.

LordCanti

Normal sellers arent a problem, boters are. There was an interview yesterday with Chinese farmer, who has 100 account and he and all his alike are saving gold for RMAH and sell only few % via external sites. He said that he estimates around 10k farming accounts and that converts too 3 billion gold per hour in one realms [You can use one account for both realms US and EU simultaneously]

Blizzard needs to end global play before the RMAH launches, unless they've got the tools in place to restrict the RMAH by region.

If they don't, it seems like a meltdown is coming.

You'd think people would have better things to do with their lives.

They do it as their main job. Selling gold is lucrative enough (compared to local job opportunities in China and elsewhere) that it is more than worth their while to do it.

If the inflation gets out of control, they'll be just as unable to unload their gold as everyone else though. That's why I think they're probably hoarding top level items to be sold on the RMAH. If anything, this seems like it would make more sense than all of them coming together to essentially tank the economy in a single day.

Like make a lot of real money from doing this? If they are smart, they won't dump all the gold they have at once, and just sell it in increments over the weeks.

My thoughts exactly. That would take a large amount of coordination though, and I have no idea if that exists within the professional gold farming community overseas.

The start of act 3 is much harder than much of the later parts, IMHO. Giant packs of fallen with the mages reviving the imps makes it hard to clear as a WD. You basically have use spirit walk to get in close enough to kill the mage(s) and then hope you get back out before the imps destroy you.
For enemies like that I would always recommend Spirit Barrage. It wisps and arcs into the air, so it only hits the enemy you click it on even if they're behind other mobs. Really good at taking out ranged enemies quickly, especially summoners/healers (like the purple glowing skeleton things in Act 1 or the Imp Shamans in Act 3).

Junie12

Normal sellers arent a problem, boters are. There was an interview yesterday with Chinese farmer, who has 100 accounts and he and all his alike are saving gold for RMAH and sell only few % via external sites. He said that he estimates around 10k farming accounts and that converts too 3 billion gold per hour in one realms [You can use one account for both realms US and EU simultaneously]

Jesus Christ O_O

Man, I can never compete with that! Fuck I'm never gonna afford anything in the AH ;_;

Oh well, I guess I have to farm for all my gear now..

ElyrionX

Ok as a wizard, I've got 41k dmg, 29k hp, 3.8k armor and about 500 resist. I tried doing the siegebreaker underbridge run but every time I meet an elite or champion pack I die real quick. There's not enough space to kite on rakkis crossing or in the underbridge. I've heard of people doing this with my kind of stats so how are they doing it? I've tried letting Tyrael do the job for me but half the time zhe can't do enough damage to finish them off. Am I missing something?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Warden apparently sucks, but I wonder if they are letting people buy a bunch of accounts to bot with and then do a massive ban wave and gold throwaway.

That Chinese farmer said his 100 accounts, which can apparently access Europe and NA at the same time, are running 24/7. I don't see how that isn't a red flag even if Warden is shit.

And why wouldn't everyone run 24/7, including Americans and Europeans, until RMAH launches?

Riggs

Banned
Jesus Christ O_O

Man, I can never compete with that! Fuck I'm never gonna afford anything in the AH ;_;

Oh well, I guess I have to farm for all my gear now..

How can they not catch these botters? Don't they have a script they have to run? Isn't the entire point of D3 being online 24/7 100% of the time to stop shit like from happening? Please forgive my ignorance about botting I do not know much. But I know the economy is going to fucking tank unless they get rid of these chinese botters .....

If economy really tanks and blizz is not able to fix it, think I will just stop playing. AH will be a joke won't it?

Anyone know how Blizzard feels about the people selling gold on the official trading forum?

I would think they would frown on it and take some action, but it seems like its been going on since the launch of the game without a word. Truth be told, I'd like to off load some of my gold before it inevitably drops more come Tuesday, but I don't want to risk my account.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How can they not catch these botters? Don't they have a script they have to run? Isn't the entire point of D3 being online 24/7 100% of the time to stop shit like from happening? Please forgive my ignorance about botting I do not know much. But I know the economy is going to fucking tank unless they get rid of these chinese botters .....

If economy really tanks and blizz is not able to fix it, think I will just stop playing. AH will be a joke won't it?

It's not just the Chinese. The Chinese are actually pissed at amateur gold farmers. If they are saving a large percentage of the gold for RMAH, then others have to be causing what we see right now.

Riggs

Banned
It's not just the Chinese. The Chinese are actually pissed at amateur gold farmers. If they are saving a large percentage of the gold for RMAH, then others have to be causing what we see right now.

That's whatever, I mean why can't they stop these people? Don't they use a script to bot? Obviously they are not botting themselves or it wouldn't be botting. Again I know nothing of how this works. But this game is online 100% you think blizz could do something. I thought the entire point of the game being online only was to stop shit like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom