• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Not your progression, the progression of the economy from the start line to hyperinflation. It is going to get there with or without the botters.
I don't see how there would be this level of hyperinflation without bots. Manually farming gold is viable but very slow.

In WoW it isn't viable.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
2nd. Blizzard has more experience dealing with botters than probably any other company out there. This leads me to believe that a) they should have been wise enough to craft an economy that would work just fine with botters, or b) they should have had a functional anti-botting system since day 1 of release.

Botters are a symptom, not a root cause.
I thought WoW still has bot issues. D2 has been infected forever. D3 people are running gold bots getting 10M+ a day per account.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Stats are a lot more important on followers FYI. Since they are 2.5x
I got a 200 vit/100str/100dex 300dps 1h for my templar with 500 life on hit.

So he has 96k HP now with 32% block chance and 20% dodge chance.

Yea, unfortunately leading up to this point, she didn't even have a decent weapon for stats. This is just a nice little boost in the mean time :)

Rufus

I'm not sure this is true, though, because botters make more money than the designed money sinks expect (since they don't actually do things like fight monsters). I'm not saying that the designed money sinks are correct -- I don't really know -- but botting does, in fact, throw them out of whack.
They need to control the amount of gold in circulation. Right now it's virtually unlimited. Maybe the RMAH will balance it out somehow, who knows.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I thought WoW still has bot issues. D2 has been infected forever. D3 people are running gold bots getting 10M+ a day per account.
They have PVP and gathering bot problems mostly.

Their major gold income is gathering and hacking.

But there's a limited demand for gathering mats.

In D3 you can farm gold 24/7.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Gold runs are basically even simpler gathering programs you can auto hotkey macros too.
No injects, no reading of memory.

If/When gold becomes irrelevant then farming will have its place again because people will need to run Inferno Ponies with 150% MF + 5 stack of NV.

pigeon

Banned
They need to control the amount of gold in circulation. Right now it's virtually unlimited. Maybe the RMAH will balance it out somehow, who knows.

The RMAH will actually just increase the amount of gold in circulation, because one way it leaves the game is through gold auction house fees. But at least it will eventually hit a peg, because there's probably a minimum RMAH price you can set for gold, and so there will be a bottom out exchange rate.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

They should really just make crafting more compelling. Reduce the number of components required for an attempt, and maybe bring the cost down a little. Make it a slot machine with easier access and more and more people will take the gamble if they have a chance of getting something good. As it is, unless you have an extremely rare 6-attribute schematic, you may as well not even bother with it.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone for my old weapon?

qkic5.jpg

Bump, last time before it hits the AH.

I think that the only way to truly sort out the auction house would be a bind on equip on items, which I am COMPLETELY against in a Diablo game. Maybe a diminishing returns on stats for items after it's been put up for auction one time though? Like, say you loot an item and decide to sell it. Someone buys it, then they get better gear and want to sell that used item again. Once it's put up on the AH a second time it's stats go down 10% or something and then it keeps getting lower each time it's auctioned. This would place more emphasis on actual freshly dropped loot and make items diminish in value over time. I often make a profit on replacing an item because I will resell my old item for more money than I bought it for. It's pretty ridiculous.

I'm just trying to think of ways to de-emphasize the auction house because as it is now, the game is basically centered around it. It's far and away the path of least resistance. A change like this, coupled with making the blacksmith cheaper/more viable (next patch) I think would be a good change for the game.

Edit: This guy makes a compelling argument: http://www.alexc.me/a-scientific-explanation-why-diablo-3-is-less-addictive-than-diablo-2/417/

scosher

I think that the only way to truly sort out the auction house would be a bind on equip on items, which I am COMPLETELY against in a Diablo game. Maybe a diminishing returns on stats for items after it's been put up for auction one time though? Like, say you loot an item and decide to sell it. Someone buys it, then they get better gear and want to sell that used item again. Once it's put up on the AH a second time it's stats go down 10% or something and then it keeps getting lower each time it's auctioned. This would place more emphasis on actual freshly dropped loot and make items diminish in value over time. I often make a profit on replacing an item because I will resell my old item for more money than I bought it for. It's pretty ridiculous.

I'm just trying to think of ways to de-emphasize the auction house because as it is now, the game is basically centered around it. It's far and away the path of least resistance. A change like this, coupled with making the blacksmith cheaper/more viable (next patch) I think would be a good change for the game.

The thing is, BoE on items would only solve the issue of a voluminous supply of items in the game, which is driving down the price of low and mid-tier items to rock bottom.

The other issue is gold inflation which is driving the prices of top tier items to astronomical prices. There still needs to be a better way of dealing with how much gold is being created in the game and exchanged. D2 had gold caps and gambling (which was mostly used once you hit the cap and had to spend your gold in some way). Not to mention all your gold dropping on death (minus stashed gold), requiring you to corpse run. D3 just has negligible repair costs and AH transaction fees.

This is my lvl 28 monk on my first playtrough, just finished act III:
HmhcR.jpg

Is my character ok for my progress?

Your Dex and Vit seems way too low. My level 28 Wiz right now has like 450 DPS.

Edit 2: WHY ISN'T YOUR GEAR SOCKETED??? Throw in some rubies in those weapons and an emerald or amethyst in that chest piece STAT.

The thing is, BoE on items would only solve the issue of a voluminous supply of items in the game, which is driving down the price of low and mid-tier items to rock bottom.

The other issue is gold inflation which is driving the prices of top tier items to astronomical prices. There still needs to be a better way of dealing with how much gold is being created in the game and exchanged. D2 had gold caps and gambling (which was mostly used once you hit the cap and had to spend your gold in some way). Not to mention all your gold dropping on death (minus stashed gold), requiring you to corpse run. D3 just has negligible repair costs and AH transaction fees.

They need to make crafting viable but also expensive in some capacity. I read an idea somewhere called "Reforging" that would be EXTREMELY costly but basically, would allow you to choose a stat/affix on an existing item that you want to change to something else. (this was not a Blizzard idea but they responded and said that it's an interesting thought and could possibly be implemented down the line)I think it's a fantastic idea as a gold sink and as another use for Haedrig. Maybe even add the ability to add sockets to items for a very steep cost or something.

sammich

My wiz when i finished had around i think it was 400 dps. My barbarian on the other hand is absolutely crushing everything in his path. Im close to 1300 dps at level 28 with his shout, really close to 1k without it.

rCIZZLE

I really wish they'd patch this 30 second death respawn bullshit out. Make my repair costs higher, I don't care, but making me wait is beyond annoying.

isny

napkin dispenser
I really wish they'd patch this 30 second death respawn bullshit out. Make my repair costs higher, I don't care, but making me wait is beyond annoying.

It's so that you can't graveyard camp the rare mobs. You only get 2-3 rezzes in before the mobs will reset to full health.

rCIZZLE

It's so that you can't graveyard camp the rare mobs. You only get 2-3 rezzes in before the mobs will reset to full health.

Don't see why it matters if people slowly kill rare mobs as people out there with millions in gear slam them. It's not like me struggling with some elite mobs in Act 2 is hurting the economy more than all the bots, gold farmers, and exploiters they don't care about.

Rufus

They need to make crafting viable but also expensive in some capacity. I read an idea somewhere called "Reforging" that would be EXTREMELY costly but basically, would allow you to choose a stat/affix on an existing item that you want to change to something else. (this was not a Blizzard idea but they responded and said that it's an interesting thought and could possibly be implemented down the line)I think it's a fantastic idea as a gold sink and as another use for Haedrig. Maybe even add the ability to add sockets to items for a very steep cost or something.
Not quite the same, but similar: http://www.diablowiki.net/Mystic
She seems to be the reason we don't have as many gem types, too.

For taking this long, they really didn't seem to know what they were doing, or rather, where they wanted to go.

goldensun

*sigh* I guess it would have been important to, y'know, specify that I was NA before I did this little raffle.

I actually thought there was some kind of way to give an item to someone on another server, but I guess there isn't. Blah, I feel like shit now, a lot of you EU / Asia servers people who entered aren't going to be able to win from my current stash..

What I feel like doing is using an exploit my friend showed me to get to 60 fairly quickly (~6-7 hrs) and then farming some on the other servers if someone happens to win outside of NA.

That's my plan right now, so anyone who's entered that isn't in NA, I'll find a way to get you an item, because I REALLY don't like disappointing people, lol. You'll just have to wait a little bit longer. If anyone has a better idea to help me out here it'd be appreciated! haha

Again, sorry :)

Bollocks

Your Dex and Vit seems way too low. My level 28 Wiz right now has like 450 DPS.

Edit 2: WHY ISN'T YOUR GEAR SOCKETED??? Throw in some rubies in those weapons and an emerald or amethyst in that chest piece STAT.
Cause I just got the socketed gear from a friend and didn't know what gems are best for me to put in

pump up your Dex yo. socket dem Emeralds in armor and rings/amu. Ruby dem weapons for more DPS
cheers!

I really enjoy that the latest patch doesn't allow me to pause my [standard single player game rant] game for more than a few minutes before disconnecting me. Really great feature, you know, not being able to have a life when in the middle of a quest. Cheers Blizzard.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you all for the advice yesterday about 2 handed items being dirt cheap! I picked up an 1100 dmg staff for my enchantress for 9k!

I should try that out with my barb. My DPS feels awfully low: about 250 or so in Act III normal (nearing the end I'd guess) .and it was closer to 200 very recently before I did some crafting.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
did the latest patch change the AH with bids? unlike pre patch i was able to see my bids and rebid on the item if outbid, now everytime i'm outbid the item dissappears and i can't find it again to rebid. my only logic is that people are buying out my items i have bids on. but it cant be every item can it?!

HoodWinked

This is my lvl 28 monk on my first playtrough, just finished act III:
HmhcR.jpg

Is my character ok for my progress?

gems have no level requirement and are extremely broken and OP

square gems are cheap but higher the better off the AH, you can also take the gem out so you can reuse them. (never upgrade gems costs more to upgrade gems currently)

get amethyst on your wpn to steal life
get ruby on your head for increase exp
and emerald on everything else for more dex

goldensun

dammit goldensun
Hey now, you were offered a free item, don't get angry haha. Plus I just stated I'd find a way for you to get something good. It'll just take a bit longer. I've been farming on Act IV Inferno solo for DAYS now, instead of actually trying to beat inferno. I'll use that kind of dedication to get someone on another server something good, trust me.

The hilarious part is that now I'm testing MY luck by hoping someone in the NA servers actually wins :lol

LiK

Hey now, you were offered a free item, don't get angry haha. Plus I just stated I'd find a way for you to get something good. It'll just take a bit longer. I've been farming on Act IV Inferno solo for DAYS now, instead of actually trying to beat inferno. I'll use that kind of dedication to get someone on another server something good, trust me.

The hilarious part is that now I'm testing MY luck by hoping someone in the NA servers actually wins :lol

just trolling :p

LordCanti

did the latest patch change the AH with bids? unlike pre patch i was able to see my bids and rebid on the item if outbid, now everytime i'm outbid the item dissappears and i can't find it again to rebid. my only logic is that people are buying out my items i have bids on. but it cant be every item can it?!

Yes, yes it can. Happens to me all the time.

Neki

Just tell all the people on the ASIA/EU servers that you're only on NA. It's really not a big deal.

so who is this kungen guy who has thousands of people watch him farm goblins all day long? I see that he is connected to WoW but what did he do in WoW that makes him have such a following?

Opiate

so who is this kungen guy who has thousands of people watch him farm goblins all day long? I see that he is connected to WoW but what did he do in WoW that makes him have such a following?

He was the main tank and guild leader of the most successful WoW guild in the world in PvE.

Wool

Does anyone know the deal with the "Natalya" set of armor? The bonus for having 4 pieces of it is "regenerates discipline by +0 per second". Is that some kind of mistake, or is it rounded down or something? Thats the only set of armor I've seen specifically for demon hunters, but it seems like a waste with a stat like that.

He was the main tank and guild leader of the most successful WoW guild in the world in PvE.

Thanks for explaining, I never played WoW but with the amount of people playing, to be the best at it in anything must be quite an accomplishment. If people want to watch him farm goblins though, more power to them I guess.

LordCanti

Does anyone know the deal with the "Natalya" set of armor? The bonus for having 4 pieces of it is "regenerates discipline by +0 per second". Is that some kind of mistake, or is it rounded down or something? Thats the only set of armor I've seen specifically for demon hunters, but it seems like a waste with a stat like that.

It's rounded down I believe.

There's no reason to get more than two Natalya's set pieces. The weapon is crap, so your choices are really the helm, ring, and armor. The helm and armor can be had fairly cheap, but the ring is incredibly expensive.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thanks for explaining, I never played WoW but with the amount of people playing, to be the best at it in anything must be quite an accomplishment. If people want to watch him farm goblins though, more power to them I guess.
He has died twice in hardcore. Fun to watch while farming solo.

He also doesnt exploit to 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom