• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wool

It's rounded down I believe.

There's no reason to get more than two Natalya's set pieces. The weapon is crap, so your choices are really the helm, ring, and armor. The helm and armor can be had fairly cheap, but the ring is incredibly expensive.

I was looking at the boots, they seemed pretty good. I should have googled it before I asked, but I guess it's +.42 discipline per second, which isn't bad.

LordCanti

I was looking at the boots, they seemed pretty good. I should have googled it before I asked, but I guess it's +.42 discipline per second, which isn't bad.

There are boots with increased attack speed + dex that are more desirable. Unless I'm mistaken (which is always a possibility lol) the Natalya boots can't roll IAS.

I rolled a pretty nice Natalya's chest that I currently use when I'm not farming. I keep losing auctions for the helm and rings though.

Sothpaw

I don't know why but I find myself watching kripp farm goblins for about 15 mins every night before I go to bed. I guess because it's hardcore and death actually means something.

Also did any of you see that Arab guy streaming yesterday, chrissomething. He is a complete rager but I have to admit some of the stuff he says is pretty funny. "You know what affix these mobs have? They have the cock sucking affix." Hearing him say that in his accent was pretty damn funny. Hopefully I don't get banned for posting that...I don't think it's a violation but I apologize if so.

Is there any reason to restrict myself as a Wizard to wands and staves? Is there some kind of hidden benefit to that or should I just be looking at DPS/stats and nothing else?

Sorry I hate to ask this, and I'm usually pretty good at checking prices on AH, but does anyone have an idea of how much I should start pricing this? All the cheaper ones are strength versions.

ZzC3h.png

seems like most of the intelligence helms are starting around 3mil.

LordCanti

Sorry I hate to ask this, and I'm usually pretty good at checking prices on AH, but does anyone have an idea of how much I should start pricing this? All the cheaper ones are strength versions.

ZzC3h.png

3 seems like a reasonable place to start. The INT ones go pretty high, but without a socket, I'm not sure how high yours will go.

That helm doesn't seem very good

Increased Attack Speed is the draw. Crit chance is coveted as well (for the Dex version. Not sure about the Int version).

TommyT

ZzC3h.png

There's a thread for all this now.

edit: You answer your own question. If they're all starting around 3m then click "bid" and see if anyone has placed a bid. If not, start lower.

Here's my Barbarian. What stats should I work on next to progress into Act 3? I can deal with trash fine, and in some cases I can kill elites, but I'm still having some problems. I've made it up to the Breached Keep, but the champs in there just wreck my face. The Icy Quillbacks who all split and run in different directions, each of whom have ranged attacks making revenge useless. The Soul Rippers who literally rip you a new asshole. Etc

qPCEo.jpg

Resist / Armor numbers include Warcry buff.

LordCanti

I just sold it for 2 mil, just wanted to get rid of it honestly.

Had you offered it here for that...I most likely would have bought it from you O_O

Anyone ever try this gold farming method?

Apparently around 600k/hour -- 60s/runs

I think he's most likely exaggerating the hourly haul a bit. I'm near that gold find, and I can only pull about 300k/h. Granted I'm a DH and I have to actually use skills to knock pots over, but doubling my output at the same GF? Seems unlikely.

scosher

Is there any reason to restrict myself as a Wizard to wands and staves? Is there some kind of hidden benefit to that or should I just be looking at DPS/stats and nothing else?

Wands and OH sources can roll Wizard-specific bonuses like +max AP and +AP on crit. There are no staves that are wizard-specific. You're probably confusing it with the Monk's Daibo weapons or thinking of D2.

But there's no real reason to restrict yourself to just wands, especially if a 1H sword/axe/mace/dagger has better DPS and stats than the wand. If all equal, then the wand probably edges out with the extra +AP. But it also seems like that extra +AP takes away from the item's budget, and I find that wands tend to have lower DPS than other 1H weapons (don't quote me on this). I do know Cold-dmg weapons generally have less DPS than other elements because it has the benefit of snaring/chilling enemies, so I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz had the same philosophy for wands and other class-specific weapons.

windz

I think he's most likely exaggerating the hourly haul a bit. I'm near that gold find, and I can only pull about 300k/h. Granted I'm a DH and I have to actually use skills to knock pots over, but doubling my output at the same GF? Seems unlikely.

On my Wizard I pull in 300k or more an hour smashing pots. Mindless but easy. My gold find isn't super high though, and I could use more gold pickup. Maybe I'll do that later.

Woo-Fu

Banned
At least with the goblin farm you spawn into a pack of elites now and then, not sure I could stay awake farming pots. I actually have a minigame titled, "how many lacuni fireballs and invulnerable nigh-infinite range leap attacks can I avoid in a row." They're really good to practice your timing since you can't do anything to them while they're mid-leap.

Had you offered it here for that...I most likely would have bought it from you O_O

damn sorry man lol, would have got you if I known u were interested.

Here's my Barbarian. What stats should I work on next to progress into Act 3? I can deal with trash fine, and in some cases I can kill elites, but I'm still having some problems. I've made it up to the Breached Keep, but the champs in there just wreck my face. The Icy Quillbacks who all split and run in different directions, each of whom have ranged attacks making revenge useless. The Soul Rippers who literally rip you a new asshole. Etc

qPCEo.jpg

Resist / Armor numbers include Warcry buff.

Is that your armor with the Enchantress buff? It seems a little low along with your HP. I'd highly recommend trying to get to 50k+ health and around 10k Armor fully buffed. Also can't stress how awesome block chance and damage reduction are in late inferno. A decent Stormshield with a Justice Lantern for the block, and a String of Ears for melee reduction go a long way. Can also look into a Helm of Command if you want even more block.

LordCanti

damn sorry man lol, would have got you if I known u were interested.

Interested in a quick 1mil+ gold flip? ;_;

Yeah, I was interested lol.

Announcement: If you want to sell your good items for cheap (just to get rid of them) in NA, I'm your man. Lacuni's/Oculus/Natalya's Rings/Blackthorne Medals/Andariels/etc. This applies to everyone :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
On my Wizard I pull in 300k or more an hour smashing pots. Mindless but easy. My gold find isn't super high though, and I could use more gold pickup. Maybe I'll do that later.

Any idea how much you are getting for the loot though?

Is that your armor with the Enchantress buff? It seems a little low along with your HP. I'd highly recommend trying to get to 50k+ health and around 10k Armor fully buffed. Also can't stress how awesome block chance and damage reduction are in late inferno. A decent Stormshield with a Justice Lantern for the block, and a String of Ears for melee reduction go a long way. Can also look into a Helm of Command if you want even more block.

No to the enchantress buff, she's not very well geared so ive been using scoundrel.

Ive looked into the JL and the shield, but its hard to justify giving up so much resist and other stats. Also none of those have protection from ranged, which is where i have the biggest problem.

I suppose i could trade 1 or 2 of my strength gems for vit, but 1.5k dps seems to go alot farther than 2k hp. I guess with revenge scaling with vit though, maybe its worth it

lol, Kungen is playing Heroes of Newerth.

What's the quickest route to get to 50 assuming I'm strong enough to plow through anything in NM? I just beat Diablo but the game won't let me move on to Hell until 50 and I've got 3 levels to go.

Stats below.

Also, the weapon I got for 100k (to use at 60) is highlighted. Good deal? I just want to be able to farm Inferno A1.

Screenshot001.jpg
[/IMG]

Screenshot002.jpg

windz

Any idea how much you are getting for the loot though?

Honestly I go in expecting _nothing_ in terms of dropped loot (magic/rare/whatever). It is almost non-existent. I am gonna mess around with this a bit and work on increasing my gold find and get some more gold pickup range. I'm sure this'll be nerfed, but meh, I'm still curious.

LordCanti

I could never stand doing that for an hour. No way in heck, I would go crazy.

You barely have to pay attention. There is nothing to fight other than skeletons you can easily outrun, and the ferret companion picks up all the gold if you are a DH.

I've got two computers with two mice (two monitors). One hand is gold farming, the other is on GAF (and I'm listening to a podcast).

Man, uploading screenshots is awesome. Found this one:

Screenshot004-1.jpg

That was my sad 'little bow that could' for like 20 levels on my Zon when I came back to D2 last year. I had a lot of fun with that thing. =(

Revoh

I kinda want to buy the Diablo 2 Battlechest, are the servers still up?
I've never played D1 and D2 before. Heck, I might buy D1 as well.

MrDaravon

Level 60 DH, towards the end of Act 1 Inferno. Except for a couple of jacked attribute mobs I haven't been having a ton of trouble. I understand the stats I'm going for long term, but with what I'm at now, what should I work on first? You can't see it in the screen but I do have + 8 Discipline as well, and the stats below are without Sharpshooter (but WITH Archery). Also is farming Hell Whimseyshire worth it at this point over Act 1 Inferno? Have the plans but didn't pay for the upgrade yet.

Hbnec.png

Wands and OH sources can roll Wizard-specific bonuses like +max AP and +AP on crit. There are no staves that are wizard-specific. You're probably confusing it with the Monk's Daibo weapons or thinking of D2.

But there's no real reason to restrict yourself to just wands, especially if a 1H sword/axe/mace/dagger has better DPS and stats than the wand. If all equal, then the wand probably edges out with the extra +AP. But it also seems like that extra +AP takes away from the item's budget, and I find that wands tend to have lower DPS than other 1H weapons (don't quote me on this). I do know Cold-dmg weapons generally have less DPS than other elements because it has the benefit of snaring/chilling enemies, so I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz had the same philosophy for wands and other class-specific weapons.

Thanks, that is kind of the conclusion I beginning to arrive at.

6A62d.png

Wait, how do I get my Wizard skills like this guy? I thought you could only pick once from each category and I can't figure out how to have both teleport AND Diamond skin, etc. What am I missing?

TheYanger

Thanks, that is kind of the conclusion I beginning to arrive at.

6A62d.png

Wait, how do I get my Wizard skills like this guy? I thought you could only pick once from each category and I can't figure out how to have both teleport AND Diamond skin, etc. What am I missing?

Elective Mode, turn it on.

Also, finally killed Diablo. Feels good to have 'finished' before all the nerfs, even if I'll be glad to be able to actually kill champs and elites in a3 a4 now.

LordCanti

I kinda want to buy the Diablo 2 Battlechest, are the servers still up?
I've never played D1 and D2 before. Heck, I might buy D1 as well.

You could probably get it cheaper from someone that bought the CE. I still haven't used my D2 codes for instance (and probably never will). There's got to be a ton of people like me out there that would give them up for a song.

balddemon

Banned
You could probably get it cheaper from someone that bought the CE. I still haven't used my D2 codes for instance (and probably never will). There's got to be a ton of people like me out there that would give them up for a song.
u have battlechest codes for d2? i wouldnt mind taking those off your hands for a song :D

also what u guys think i could get for this:
bbEyi.jpg

have yet to find anything better on my barb since i found those, so like 60 hours ago lol

No to the enchantress buff, she's not very well geared so ive been using scoundrel.

Ive looked into the JL and the shield, but its hard to justify giving up so much resist and other stats. Also none of those have protection from ranged, which is where i have the biggest problem.

I suppose i could trade 1 or 2 of my strength gems for vit, but 1.5k dps seems to go alot farther than 2k hp. I guess with revenge scaling with vit though, maybe its worth it

Well this is my barb atm:

I hit the wall where anything thats an up for me costs millions of gold, but I definitely feel pretty set. I do Siegebreaker runs(usually killing 8-9 champion packs in the process) in about an hour without much issue. I'm fairly confident I'm geared enough to clear the game at this point, but the runs are so profitable its hard to justify stopping them to finish at the moment.

I can't recommend swapping to the Enchantress enough, not only does she have the huge armor buff, but her CC really comes in handy. As for trading stats, its tough to balance, but these stats(block,reduction, etc.) really do make a difference. The unfortunate side effect to buying them are the stats you lose, which you then have to basically overhaul the rest of your gear to account for.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I'll see how much I can get as a monk with 200%.
With 210% gold, 10% movement, and my monks gimpy ass passive aoe I could see my self getting near 600k/hr with better gear because after 10 minutes of testing it looks like I could get 250/k an hour right now.

He was up to 90% movement and 270% gold? Way better aoe and teleport?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom