• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thanks, that is kind of the conclusion I beginning to arrive at.

6A62d.png

Wait, how do I get my Wizard skills like this guy? I thought you could only pick once from each category and I can't figure out how to have both teleport AND Diamond skin, etc. What am I missing?
Turn on elective mode.

Pepto

Banned
I almost gave up on the game when trying to play inferno act 2 with four players. Today I tried to solo it and instead of dying on the first elite monsters I got to the to the crucible part.

That multiplayer penalty is idiotic. I'm pretty sure I can solo act 2 when I couldn't even kill the first elites in multiplayer.

Cipherr

Bought a nice chestpiece for my Monks Inferno set, cost 1million, but since I know Im days away from putting a full set together, I slapped it on the AH as a 2 or so day stash with a price Id be willing to sell it at, 4 million.

It sold, goddamn. This is the second time I have done this. Buy a piece for my set, put it on the AH with a much higher price to see if I get a bite, and it sells.

Naka

Anyone got a decent wizard weapon for a level 45ish? My curent one is terrible. I have 70k I think T_T

You should be able to find something decent for 10-15k. I just bought a new 2 handed staff for my level 54 wizard last night for 15k. Use the filters of like Int/Vit/Socket with the level range of 44-45, set quality to rare. Sort by buyout then look for the cheapest thing to buyout. Find the one in the range you want to spend with the most damage.

BigDug13

I almost gave up on the game when trying to play inferno act 2 with four players. Today I tried to solo it and instead of dying on the first elite monsters I got to the to the crucible part.

That multiplayer penalty is idiotic. I'm pretty sure I can solo act 2 when I couldn't even kill the first elites in multiplayer.

I find the clone fight unbearable in groups. It spawns a clone per person and each clone seems to have the beefed up stats. How is a team of 4 supposed to beat 4 clones who each have 400% hitpoints and deal like 120% damage using all the same powers you are using.

Much easier alone. Every 4 man team I joined, roll through content, roll over the boss. wipe in 2-3 seconds vs 4 clones.

Revoh

You could probably get it cheaper from someone that bought the CE. I still haven't used my D2 codes for instance (and probably never will). There's got to be a ton of people like me out there that would give them up for a song.

Yeah, I guess.
If you don't mind, I can trade you Humble Bundle 5 for the codes.
Or if any of you guys wanna trade just PM me.

Re-reading his post, I guess the chest has D1 in it? He kind of said that twice, so I thought the chest was just D2+LOD or something.
Sorry my english isn't very good. What I was trying to say is that I want to buy the D2 BC to play both D2 games and I also might grab D1

scosher

1.03 patch can't come soon enough.

mercviper

I kinda want to buy the Diablo 2 Battlechest, are the servers still up?
I've never played D1 and D2 before. Heck, I might buy D1 as well.

personally, I couldn't go back to those games for the following reasons:

D1: you can't run

D2: 800x600 Ew.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. Great games and I played many many multiple hours on them. Just can't go back. And I've tried. :x

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I've been taking my sweet time with this game. I tend to be the type to explore every nook and cranny, but that's not the most productive use of time for a game with loot scaling across several playthroughs and different difficulty settings like Diablo 3.

Nevertheless, I'm doing that for my first playthrough on Normal with my wizard, while I'm taking a much faster, less explorative pace for the other classes (which I still make sure to always trail my Wizard in progress)...

I just beat the Siegebreaker for the first time. My Wizard is at level 30, and I've been loving this skillset I've been using:

Primary Skill:
Electrocute with Forked Lightning

Secondary:
Disintegrate with Chaos Nexus (I had been switching between Disintegrate w/ Convergence and Arcane Orb with either Obliteration or Arcane Orbit until unlocking Chaos Nexus at level 30)

Action Bar Skills:
Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell
Wave of Force with Impactful Wave (crowd control)
Blizzard
Explosive Blast with Unleashed (backup Crowd Control)

Passive Skills:
Evocation
Blur
Astral Presence.

I'm loving this build. ^_^

Well, the problem is that the damage monsters give increases something like 430% when playing with 4 people. They're fixing that in the next patch though, which should make group play the better option.

Rufus

Really glad they are looking at invulnerable minions and shielding. Pissed me off to no end just now. Really makes me hate my WD, because I can't keep shit off of me and on the right (i.e. wrong) mob, spiderlings in this case. I just can't get away.

You should be able to find something decent for 10-15k. I just bought a new 2 handed staff for my level 54 wizard last night for 15k. Use the filters of like Int/Vit/Socket with the level range of 44-45, set quality to rare. Sort by buyout then look for the cheapest thing to buyout. Find the one in the range you want to spend with the most damage.

Will do. Thanks.

LordCanti

Yeah, I guess.
If you don't mind, I can trade you Humble Bundle 5 for the codes.
Or if any of you guys wanna trade just PM me.

Sorry my english isn't very good. What I was trying to say is that I want to buy the D2 BC to play both D2 games and I also might grab D1

I would have, but I already got HB5. Someone should take that deal though (D2+LOD in exchange for Psychonauts, Limbo, Superbrothers, Bastion, etc, is a great deal).

fuck....I think I'm falling in love with barb. jumping in the middle of 10+ enemies and tearing shit up is a nice change of pace from running like a bitch with my DH.

maharg

idspispopd
I kinda want to buy the Diablo 2 Battlechest, are the servers still up?
I've never played D1 and D2 before. Heck, I might buy D1 as well.

Diablo 1's servers are still up afaik, let alone Diablo 2's. Of course, D1's are a complete ghost town and you don't get any of the quest things in online games, but still.

Dreavus

I've been taking my sweet time with this game. I tend to be the type to explore every nook and cranny, but that's not the most productive use of time for a game with loot scaling across several playthroughs and different difficulty settings like Diablo 3.

Nevertheless, I'm doing that for my first playthrough on Normal with my wizard, while I'm taking a much faster, less explorative pace for the other classes (which I still make sure to always trail my Wizard in progress)...

I just beat the Siegebreaker for the first time. My Wizard is at level 30, and I've been loving this skillset I've been using:

Primary Skill:
Electrocute with Forked Lightning

Secondary:
Disintegrate with Chaos Nexus (I had been switching between Disintegrate w/ Convergence and Arcane Orb with either Obliteration or Arcane Orbit until unlocking Chaos Nexus at level 30)

Action Bar Skills:
Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell
Wave of Force with Impactful Wave (crowd control)
Blizzard
Explosive Blast with Unleashed (backup Crowd Control)

Passive Skills:
Evocation
Blur
Astral Presence.

I'm loving this build. ^_^

Ah, that sounds fun. I miss the times where I could have a bunch of offensive skills on a wreck shit. In Inferno I feel like I'm stuck to teleport, diamond skin, and energy armor, to stay alive... and hydra is too good for kiting to take off my skill bar. :|

In before inferno viability rage.

Or this. :(

Dorrin

So I've been avoiding the auction house due to the account hacking rumors etc. Today I tried it out.... my eyes have been opened. My son and I got his level 29 monk from 1500hp to 3200hp. I got a few chance to XYZ % items for my summoning WD build as well. It is like a whole new world now.

lol, Kungen is playing Heroes of Newerth.

What's the quickest route to get to 50 assuming I'm strong enough to plow through anything in NM? I just beat Diablo but the game won't let me move on to Hell until 50 and I've got 3 levels to go.

Stats below.

Also, the weapon I got for 100k (to use at 60) is highlighted. Good deal? I just want to be able to farm Inferno A1.

Screenshot001.jpg
[/IMG]

Screenshot002.jpg

Anyway, since nobody answered me, I'm going to throw out that I did ZK runs in NM solo, and it took a little bit over 1 minute per full run (counting entering the game, loading, leaving--actually killing him took about 15-20 seconds) and I leveled in about 15 minutes. So, I'm guessing that is sadly the fastest way. On the bright side, only one more level to 50.
Then I guess I'll 'get' to do ZK in hell...bah.

maharg

idspispopd
Anyway, since nobody answered me, I'm going to throw out that I did ZK runs in NM solo, and it took a little bit over 1 minute per full run (counting entering the game, loading, leaving--actually killing him took about 15-20 seconds) and I leveled in about 15 minutes. So, I'm guessing that is sadly the fastest way. On the bright side, only one more level to 50.

No one's got a gun to your head making you level through ZK runs.

Would Inferno act2 + be easier to solo on a wiz, dh or monk?

Well-geared, Monk.

Not so well geared, I think both of the ranged classes would be OK but DH's smokescreen is damn handy against the steath nagas. Belial likely MUCH easier on a wizard if you are looking at finishing it.

That being said, if you have the gear on ranged to clear act 2 you should be farming act 3 where the loot is infinitely better.

la_briola

personally, I couldn't go back to those games for the following reasons:

D1: you can't run

D2: 800x600 Ew.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. Great games and I played many many multiple hours on them. Just can't go back. And I've tried. :x
Diablo 2 even works with 3,840x1,024
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,690914/Diablo-2-in-3840-x-1024-pixels/News/

This is obviously a HACK, they could ban you if you play it online like this. Offline is fine.

edit: example sshot with 1280x720
C3Kzu.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Is going though the game normally really too much effort?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm not really digging the auction house or stash. I'm a bit of a pack rat I know, I have a whole bunch of blues for other lower level characters and mostly all of the rares I've picked up. I've tried to sell stuff on the auction house, but it is a pain in the ass to try and figure out a price for these things especially with the different stats on them. Is there any easy repository of information on AH prices right now?

No one's got a gun to your head making you level through ZK runs.

Is going though the game normally really too much effort?

I've already gone through the game 3 times with my Demon Hunter (and A1 in Inferno), almost finished my normal run as a Monk (but I got bored), and I've done it twice now with my Barb (and have had to supplement the last 3 levels of NM with ZK runs because the game won't let me go to the next difficulty level because I'm not high enough).

It's not super compelling content the seventh + time. Nobody has a gun to my head period, but simple economics dictates that I'm going to want to use the most efficient path through, since I want to test out the class in Inferno, not twiddle around at the lower difficulties where it isn't challenging and I don't have all of the abilities unlocked.

But thanks for the constructive comments guys.

zlatko

Banned
So I made a hardcore Demon Hunter named Gabriel.

Played for oh 2-3 hours, and then....he died.

I spent about 20 minutes thereafter talking to myself in Obi Wan's voice from Episode 3 as I kept chanting "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE GABRIEL!"

; ;

AEGISX

Banned
Thanks, that is kind of the conclusion I beginning to arrive at.

6A62d.png

Wait, how do I get my Wizard skills like this guy? I thought you could only pick once from each category and I can't figure out how to have both teleport AND Diamond skin, etc. What am I missing?
no signature spells?
what the hell is this guy gonna do when his arcane runs out?

MacAttack

I'm not really digging the auction house or stash. I'm a bit of a pack rat I know, I have a whole bunch of blues for other lower level characters and mostly all of the rares I've picked up. I've tried to sell stuff on the auction house, but it is a pain in the ass to try and figure out a price for these things especially with the different stats on them. Is there any easy repository of information on AH prices right now?
For low level rares I usually set a few of the attributes that are most desirable for the class I'm selling to and then sort by buyout. Then I go to the lowest price buyout auctions and see where it stacks up. If you really want it to sell, undercut the competition and you'll probably see your item go pretty fast.

Alex

Disintegrate is super fun and probably one of the best "feeling" spells to use in the game.

It's fun all through Hell aka Babymode Act 3

I like the sound effect it makes, game in general has really wonderful sound effects and design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom