• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

;_;

Oh well, I guess it's for the best. Get your Tyrael whoring in before they nerf it, fellow NA players.

Was desperately needed though. Last few days I have been grabbing five stacks, all done by Tyrael in Act 3 in a full set of MF and Ignores Durability gear, then taking the five stacks, switching to half dps half MF gear and facerolling Siegebreaker for a shitload of high ilvl drops. Im talking full inventory of blues and rares. Porting back to town, ID'ing them and salvaging the bad ones, reloading the game and doing it again, all while working because most of it is just me afk while dead.

Pots and Tyrael nerf will leave only goblin farming left IIRC for Inferno farming. That and Dank/Blacksmith Wife runs, but the latter two are Act 1 and not worth the time.

Just had a few runs in the royal crypt, maybe 2 or 3 pots dropped coins. Huge nerf there.

Wow ruthless lol.

Edit: They need to nerf the chest though. When I saw the post that Tyrael was nerfed I logged and tried a few runs, he isn't nerfed on US, but I am still able to run into the depths, run and vault to the chest, open it, Smoke screen twice while looting the blues and yellows, prep and vault back to the rune and get back to town all without getting hit/dying.

If Tyrael is nerfed Demon Hunters at least will still be able to farm that chest with the right passives activated super fast. Maybe other classes can still get to it also, but they will have to kill their way to it and risk rez timers and durability losses if they dont have an ignore set. Wizards might be fine with Tele+Wormhole and shields.

Cagey

Banned
Farming this game for gold is so pointless when people put items like this on the AH for 80K...

9jw2d.png

Sothpaw

Just heard on Kripparrian's stream that the ZK levelling stuff was patched on the EU servers

Krippi's hardcore WD died. They're going to try to pl him to 60 before they hotfix the US servers. Next time someone dies they're going to have to level the old fashioned way.

Honestly ... If they want people pulling packs of elites and fighting boss fights ... I don't mind the nerfs. I especially don't mind the clay pot gold nerf. Make bottling as hard as it can be. Just make sure patch 1.0.3 makes up for the other losses and make sure pulling elite packs with 5 stacks is worthwhile. It should make farming less mundane.

Narag

Honestly ... If they want people pulling packs of elites and fighting boss fights ... I don't mind the nerfs. I especially don't mind the clay pot gold nerf. Make bottling as hard as it can be. Just make sure patch 1.0.3 makes up for the other losses and make sure pulling elite packs with 5 stacks is worthwhile. It should make farming less mundane.

Thought they said it was changing to 2 guaranteed rares on an elite pack with 5 NV? Not entirely sure on the specifics but I assume that's the sort of thing you want.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
When Blizzard does a rollback is it on the account, or on the character?

My buddy wants to play with me on a new char, but if it's gonna get rolled back, then that's probably not a good idea.

So what's the deal with the "ugh" at the end? You apparently think it's distasteful to have a shortcut, and distasteful to have to do it again, so what exactly is it you want?

I mean, I think they should have not bothered having "Inferno" be a whole new difficulty level, they should have just made it hell. I agree they seem to want you to go through the game a ridiculous number of times for not a lot of content. I just don't get the angle of a complaint that there's a way around that when you don't even want to do the alternative. It's like you wanted to be forced to do something you don't want to do.

The 'ugh' at the end was because I was originally asking if there was another efficient way that wasn't ZK. I'm not disappointed that there is a shortcut, I'm just disappointed at what it is (quest exploiting, creating and recreating games over and over again). To be honest, I was hoping there was a good spot to grind mobs (in D2, I enjoyed tomb runs and bloody foothills, even cows were fun for a bit and in WoW I liked Blizzard AoE grinding back when it was feasible to get good xp/hour with it).

Don't get me wrong: I'm glad it exists, because I want to get to 60 quickly, but there feasibly could have been other efficient ways to get there and that's what I was hoping to find out.

Edit: And supposedly now they've fixed ZK. Maybe they'll patch in something to replace it that gives you efficient progress and encourages you to play.

Totakeke

1 guaranteed per elite pack for 5NV, right now it's 2 rares for a boss with 5NV. So you need to get 5NV and then find more elites to kill to obtain more rares. But they're taking their sweet time until 1.03 for that.

Yeah ... It seems like they only nerf things quickly. I guess that makes sense in some fashion. Buffs probably cause more drastic change.

I'm eagerly awaiting this patch ... The spike from act I to ii is killing me. I need like a good 5 mil in gear to advance right now.

Fularu

Banned
Ugh ACT II inferno is such a pain in the ass....

Killed Maghda but jeez is that a slow slow progression path. I dread the rest of the act.

Here are my current stats, I wonder if I should farm act I some more for gold or just keep progressing.

I realise I have no LoH but finding some is kind of hard :/ and none of my items has sockets... Those stats are self buffed with Warcry / Battlerage, suggestions are welcome

so why is sharpshooter so good? crit rate resets after u crit anyways

Drag an elite to a portal, hit ss and impale with max sharpshooter. Rinse and repeat.

Sharpshooter resets on projectiles after they hit, so you can rack up a ton of crits on slowmoving projectiles like nether tentacles. (attack speed also comes into its own here)

my current weapons doesnt have int stats, its just a blue somebody gave to me... what stats should I look fr? int, vit?

I don't know much about stat itemization for a wizard. But 1.3mil for some intel and some okay DPS seems like overkill. There has to be something better. But I am a monk. So i look for LoH pretty much above everything else. And if you can get 1k dps weapon for cheap as hell right now, I don't see how that int will be much improvement over getting a weapon with way higher DPS.

Does anyone know if the item properties already contribute to the advertised DPS on the weapon? I've got a 1k dps bow with zilch on it, just a few random crap, but I keep seeing 900dps bows with like 300dex and 100vit. Will that bump my dps down or bring it up if I replace my cheap magic bow with something with more stats, but less dps?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I hate trying to buy things that just got posted (1d 12h left) and the purchase fails because someone already sniped it. Bots?

GJS

I was just told that Life on Hit from Purple Gems doesn't work. Is this true?

False, works absolutely fine.

Does anyone know if the item properties already contribute to the advertised DPS on the weapon? I've got a 1k dps bow with zilch on it, just a few random crap, but I keep seeing 900dps bows with like 300dex and 100vit. Will that bump my dps down or bring it up if I replace my cheap magic bow with something with more stats, but less dps?

Depends how much dex increases your attack by, I have no experience with DH, even so the dexterity is separate from the weapons average dps which is what blizzard shows.

Try this spreadsheet for DH and see what happens:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai3qOeDbNzW0dFNIUHpacEtILS1ZZnpkTGlYRmViMGc#gid=0

SupaNaab

Tonight, I fucking did it.

Time to Hardcore Inferno. I believe my favourite moment so far was when my Witch Doctor partner decided to do Hardcore Hell Cydaea naked for the achievement. He was not awarded the achievement (we assume because I was in full gear) despite the most stress he may have ever had in vidya.

LordCanti

I hate trying to buy things that just got posted (1d 12h left) and the purchase fails because someone already sniped it. Bots?

Sometimes yes. Other times just people constantly refreshing manually.

If we are talking about NA servers. I may or may not be one of the ones sniping shit. :p

I do that as well sometimes.

My understanding is that there is an AH bot that auto buys stuff and then flips it though.

What's the best place to farm stacks for Siegebreaker? The champs in Keep are hit and miss in terms of whether or not I can kill them just because of the enemy AI, and the Skycrown battlements is such a chore to run through when I die.

Sometimes yes. Other times just people constantly refreshing manually.

I do that as well sometimes.

My understanding is that there is an AH bot that auto buys stuff and then flips it though.

Oh yeah, there definitely is. I am not an AH whore, I don't flip items. I just like to try and find good deals to upgrade before the bots get in there just to make gold.

I hope they find a way to get rid of this type of shit.

Shouta

I need some help; ....

Let me know what you guys think.

Dodge and have enough to survive rather than just trying to take it all. I find it far more successful though with a few problems still. Taking all that damage is just too much especially when we don't necessarily need to. My monk has comparable stats to you but I have 700 more DEX for the 40% Base dodge and higher per-hit damage. I still have some trouble in Act 3, deaths depending on the elite's mob/affix combination, but I can farm a 5 NV stack by straight tanking elites with some moving to avoid stuff. If the combination is easy, I can just straight blow out the elites without having to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom