• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

i can't stop laughing hahahaha

"NOT HAPPENING"
quillboar:

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have no clue how to price this. There is literally no item rolled with all 3 of the main stats as high as they are:
heavennex.jpg

Shiet haha, that was hard to watch. I would quit D3 if I lost my main DH haha.

He's doing some ZK leveling now, probably won't take him more than a few hours to get back to 60 and he probably has a bunch of gear/cash saved up from doing endless goblin runs...still sucks though, but its not as bad as it could be if he had to completely start from scratch

2Crisis

What's the best place to farm stacks for Siegebreaker? The champs in Keep are hit and miss in terms of whether or not I can kill them just because of the enemy AI, and the Skycrown battlements is such a chore to run through when I die.

Here's a good read for you. http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/url0a/lets_talk_siegebreaker_run_efficiency_routes/

I mix it up, sometimes grab tyreal and warp to Bridge of Korsikk and just go straight through to siege. Sometimes I jump around WP's to check for nearby packs. The route the barbarian posted in the comments works pretty well to speed things up.

Dahbomb

LOL I just built a 200% MF gear with under 100K gold. And got some nice armor and dex values on them to boot so I still do decent enough damage to the goblin.

I wonder how long it will take for them to nerf the Ancient Path goblin... in any case bummer about the Royal Crypt nerf that was one of my favorite GF spots in Act 1.

I don't think the crypts were nerfed or not nerfed that much, just did 5 runs. 12k, 9k, 13k, 7k, 11k. Thats with 180% gold find, thats about what I was getting before If I remember right.

Artanisix

I don't think the crypts were nerfed or not nerfed that much, just did 5 runs. 12k, 9k, 13k, 7k, 11k. Thats with 180% gold find, thats about what I was getting before If I remember right.

Are you EU or US? They seem fine on US server, but reports are that the EU server is nerfed.

LordCanti

The area under Bastions Keep is a hardcore graveyard at this point.

It's Europe only right now. If you're in NA, it's not nerfed yet.

I'm hearing that Europe is definitely nerfed. Could all just be BS of course..

Edit: Reading that the hotfix may have hit NA now.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The area under Bastions Keep is a hardcore graveyard at this point.

It's Europe only right now. If you're in NA, it's not nerfed yet.

I'm hearing that Europe is definitely nerfed. Could all just be BS of course..

Edit: Reading that the hotfix may have hit NA now.

God fucking dammit, I'm always late to the fucking party on these fucking game abuses.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They hotfixed the vases in the crypt? Haha, Blizzard.

Xanathus

I sorta kinda hope that Blizz does an account wipe right before the RMAH goes live. Alternatively move all the old chars/stashes/gold to a separate section similar to how Hardcore works and call them Legacy. Sure there will be a huge outcry but it'll be better for the economy in the long-run.

LordCanti

I sorta kinda hope that Blizz does an account wipe right before the RMAH goes live. Alternatively move all the old chars/stashes/gold to a separate section similar to how Hardcore works and call them Legacy. Sure there will be a huge outcry but it'll be better for the economy in the long-run.

There is absolutely no chance of this happening.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

How do you figure this would be better for the economy?

Not gonna happen either way.

Radec

Chinese farmers will go riot if that happens.

Einbroch

Banned
There's a nasty exploit right now involving trading.

If you're buying something from someone, always have the seller confirm first. There's a script that takes the buyer's money but doesn't give the item.

Xanathus

How do you figure this would be better for the economy?

Not gonna happen either way.

It's definitely not happening within a month or even 3 months, but it's sorely needed because right now gold farmers are sitting on 100s of billions of gold across hundreds of accounts, and once they choose to dump it out in exchange for real money they price of items will skyrocket to the point that it will be impossible for anyone to afford loot without paying real money for it or botting.

On the other hand with the 1.0.3 changes it might be possible for people to attain reasonable gear without having to use the auction house, but with Blizzard's track record I find it unlikely.

Wool

It looks like gold is going to be sold on the RMAH. Why would anyone ever buy that over just buying whatever item they need with their real money? I understand they could be buying the gold to upgrade the blacksmith, but in that case it would still make more sense to just buy your gear than to buy gold to upgrade the blacksmith to make gear that will hopefully be good. Right?

It's definitely not happening within a month or even 3 months, but it's sorely needed because right now gold farmers are sitting on 100s of billions of gold across hundreds of accounts, and once they choose to dump it out in exchange for real money they price of items will skyrocket to the point that it will be impossible for anyone to afford loot without paying real money for it or botting.

On the other hand with the 1.0.3 changes it might be possible for people to attain reasonable gear without having to use the auction house, but with Blizzard's track record I find it unlikely.

Uh, what?

If gold farmers dump 100s of billions of gold, the price of gold will plummet so low that you can also sell your items for billions of gold.

Xanathus

Uh, what?

If gold farmers dump 100s of billions of gold, the price of gold will plummet so low that you can also sell your items for billions of gold.

Yeah that's what I was getting at with the 1.0.3 patch. If people are able to farm sellable loot at Inferno act 1 then there won't be a problem. However right now 90% of the gear obtainable in act 1 and 2 is practically worthless because the level 60 economy is being monopolized by people who managed to exploit their way to acts 3/4 or got there before nerfs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How did they change Tyrael?

LordCanti

There's a nasty exploit right now involving trading.

If you're buying something from someone, always have the seller confirm first. There's a script that takes the buyer's money but doesn't give the item.

This should surprise me, but it doesn't. Thanks for the heads up.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah that's what I was getting at with the 1.0.3 patch. If people are able to farm sellable loot at Inferno act 1 then there won't be a problem. However right now 90% of the gear obtainable in act 1 and 2 is practically worthless because the level 60 economy is being monopolized by people who managed to exploit their way to acts 3/4 or got there before nerfs.

If the act 1/2 loot is worthless then you should be able to buy it on the AH for peanuts and use it to get to act 2/3. Progression!

...what, well I would stop playing at that moment.

Xanathus

If the act 1/2 loot is worthless then you should be able to buy it on the AH for peanuts and use it to get to act 2/3. Progression!
It's worthless in the sense that it's not good enough to progress to act 3, unless you fill up all gear slots with the best possible rolls. Which is what Blizzard intended in the first place but obviously doesn't work with range classes being able to bypass the gear check.

Mupod

Tyrael nerf is annoying but hardly unexpected, and I could farm act 3 without him back when I had far worse gear. Still, he was fun while he lasted. He really felt like part of the team.

I'm sick of siegebreaker runs anyways and I think I'll just level my wizard while waiting for 1.03. Don't have much else to prove now that I cleared inferno and the pony level is less than fun as a barbarian.

Tyrael nerf is annoying but hardly unexpected, and I could farm act 3 without him back when I had far worse gear. Still, he was fun while he lasted. He really felt like part of the team.

I'm sick of siegebreaker runs anyways and I think I'll just level my wizard while waiting for 1.03. Don't have much else to prove now that I cleared inferno and the pony level is less than fun as a barbarian.

I'm in the same boat, it probably needed to happen(guess people were afking while dead and he killed stuff?) but I'm already dreading the increased time Siegebreaker runs will take on my Barb. Also losing the "swap to mf gear and let Tyreal get the last two hits" strat I've been using for every pack.

Super Tyreal will be missed :(

I'm all the way up to diablo in inferno. Died like 30x, and I think I'm done for now. I've already slammed my head repeatedly against the wall to beat the other bosses, there is no way I have the will power for this now.

Soon, though. Soon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

From going though loot for a while, what I notice is that well rolled Act I & 2 Armor actually can be worth a decent amount. I have made and spent Millions from Loot gotten from just Act 1 infernal.

Mupod

From going though loot for a while, what I notice is that well rolled Act I & 2 Armor actually can be worth a decent amount. I have made and spent Millions from Loot gotten from just Act 1 infernal.

While you can't get godly 71+ resist items and 950 dps 1h weapons in act 1, a lot of people underestimate how good a well-rolled act 1 piece can be. I had a 59 chest and act 1 tier pants that I was using until a few days ago, because I just could not find anything better. Act 2 stuff is more than capable of getting you up and running in act 3 even as a melee class.

Only real exception is the weapon, I guess. It's a bit of a downer farming when you know every single weapon you find is going to be vendor trash, but when I was doing my skeleton king runs a 700 dps 1h or 1100 dps 2h was extremely impressive and beyond my reach. Now you can't even sell those for 10k, so everyone can get something half-decent for cheap.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I'm still using 2 or 3 pieces that dropped for me in act 1/2. I should probably upgrade, but I'm in "saving money" mode right now.

I made millions selling act 1/2 gear as well... but I figure that's harder to do nowadays since there are more people farming that gear.

I jumped on this for 200K just now:

Champion Immunity
365 Armor
40 Phys Resist
62 Resist All
Level Req Reduced by 11
3 sockets

Was that a steal, or just a good piece for me to get through Hell?

I'm a 55 Wizard, 8100 dps, around 2400 armor, all resists at 199 minimum.

TheYanger

it's not quite as advertised. It's just using AHK to quickly remove the item and click accept, they still have to do it BEFORE the other user hits accept, so basically...gotta be psychic. If you either have the item seller accept first, or don't just type the money and instantly click, it's probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom