• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I jumped on this for 200K just now:

Champion Immunity
365 Armor
40 Phys Resist
62 Resist All
Level Req Reduced by 11
3 sockets

Was that a steal, or just a good piece for me to get through Hell?

I'm a 55 Wizard, 8100 dps, around 2400 armor, all resists at 199 minimum.

You're probably going to have to use Energy Shield + right most rune for it (all resistances increased) to get through hell. The second boss in Act 2 will probably kill you at 2400 armor. With Energy shield you should effectively have 4k armor.

Got to Inferno again. This time with wizard. Still very difficult, but seems doable compared to monk. Gold mining seems far faster too because 20+ yard pickup + disintegrate convergence ray basically vacuums gold from areas.

They may have nerfed the Ancient Path goblin. I usually kill him with about 250 MF and previously, I would get 2 rares 80% of the time, and 1 or 3 rares 10% of the time each, roughly.

I've gotten 1 rare 3 times in a row, and haven't seen 2 or 3 rares yet. Not a huge nerf because he's easy to kill with high MF and at least I'm still getting 1 rare, but still.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
They may have nerfed the Ancient Path goblin. I usually kill him with about 250 MF and previously, I would get 2 rares 80% of the time, and 1 or 3 rares 10% of the time each, roughly.

I've gotten 1 rare 3 times in a row, and haven't seen 2 or 3 rares yet. Not a huge nerf because he's easy to kill with high MF and at least I'm still getting 1 rare, but still.

If that's your reasoning then it's probably just your imagination.

About a week ago I went like 20+ times without even getting that goblin to pop.

If that's your reasoning then it's probably just your imagination.

About a week ago I went like 20+ times without even getting that goblin to pop.

How is that the same thing? I've killed him over 100 times and get 2 yellows almost every single time. I just got 1 yellow EIGHT times in a row (yes I said 3 first, but then I got 5 more before I quit), and never saw anything other than 1 yellow and 2-4 blues. That is a statistical anomaly. His pop rate is completely irrelevant, I've also gone 20+ times without getting him to pop.

I'm not saying it's definitely not my imagination, but it is definitely quite unusual. Even earlier today I was getting 2 yellows from him most of the time, and the an indeterminate number of nerfs start getting pushed out and now I'm only getting 1.

If much else gets nerfed I'm just going to have to quit playing until 1.03. I mean yea farming goblins and chests is pretty boring, but what the hell else am I supposed to do to progress? 5-7 yellows an hour killing ZK / Belial is gonna get me nowhere fast considering I need anywhere from 5-10m for any single upgrade now, and I still have a tough time with act 3 champs. I can kill Siegebreaker, but getting the 5 stacks is a problem, and now that they've nerfed Tyrael, I might not be able to kill him at all.

eek5

bad RNG? I just got 2 yellows with no MF

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
How is that the same thing? I've killed him over 100 times and get 2 yellows almost every single time. I just got 1 yellow EIGHT times in a row (yes I said 3 first, but then I got 5 more before I quit), and never saw anything other than 1 yellow and 2-4 blues. That is a statistical anomaly. His pop rate is completely irrelevant, I've also gone 20+ times without getting him to pop.

I'm not saying it's definitely not my imagination, but it is definitely quite unusual. Even earlier today I was getting 2 yellows from him most of the time, and the an indeterminate number of nerfs start getting pushed out and now I'm only getting 1.

If much else gets nerfed I'm just going to have to quit playing until 1.03. I mean yea farming goblins and chests is pretty boring, but what the hell else am I supposed to do to progress? 5-7 yellows an hour killing ZK / Belial is gonna get me nowhere fast considering I need anywhere from 5-10m for any single upgrade now, and I still have a tough time with act 3 champs. I can kill Siegebreaker, but getting the 5 stacks is a problem, and now that they've nerfed Tyrael, I might not be able to kill him at all.

It's the same thing because both of those things have an element of randomness to them. That's how numbers work. Sometimes you just get unlucky.

Svafnir

Finally killed diablo in inferno today, super stoked on that. Also I am glad tyrael/gold farming crypts and the fast leveling areas got fixed. The game is so much more fun when you explore the entire map and go into rare spawn dungeons etc.

1.0.3 is gonna be a epic patch and the fact champions/elite will always drop rares with a 5 stack will make exploring and actually playing so much better!

It begins

cjt5r.jpg

dM79T.png

So this dropped in Inferno Act 1 and I thought it was shite, but I looked it up in the AH and nearly identical ones are up for 1-2mil. Are people crazy or am I missing something?

kamspy

Just casually killed Diablo and now doing Nightmare. So far it's all buttercups, but I'm still just choppin zombies. Barb with an OP spear and shield and all the Flawless Square Ruby slotted stuff I can socket. What should a solo Barb DPS and armor be starting Nightmare?

Sarcasm

I swear I found a vendor that sells white dye for 180 or 200 and not 380 some where out in the world, this buzz anybody's head?

I think it was in Act 1 and a forest.

Xanathus

What exactly was nerfed there? I am glad that just for fun's sake, I farmed 900k there last night, but not more.

Supposedly on the EU servers they've hot fixed the pots to drop less gold.

I swear I found a vendor that sells white dye for 180 or 200 and not 380 some where out in the world, this buzz anybody's head?

I think it was in Act 1 and a forest.
Probably the alchemist NPC just after Wortham and right before the Spider Cave.

Dina

If you need a reliable spot, just before you kill Belial (or maybe just after), all the merchants gather at the north of the basecamp. There's a few vendors there that sell dyes, and one of them has white ones.

MrDaravon

Going back several pages a couple of people told me that I needed to get my resists up on Inferno with my DH, but on a night of sleep that doesn't seem to make any sense, won't I still get one or two shotted anyway? Does that actually make that much of a difference? It seems like on some of my gear I'd have to sacrifice IAS/Dex/Crit/etc to get all resists or Int for that.

Kyoufu

Alright on your advice I got a Helm of Command. I had to sacrifice about 40 strength and about 40 all resist, but I guess it was worth it. At least I was able to find one with a socket.

I guess it made a difference, i was able to get through The Breached Keep and kill Ghom (although Ghom was quite difficult). I really hate the idea of giving up my shield for a Stormshield though. my current one had 94 strength, 81 vit, a socket, 1100 armor, and 77 all resist. But the block chance is only 15%

I also replaced Threatening Shout with Leap + Armor bonus and so far its working out pretty well

I am not a theorycrafter or anything but I'd imagine block chance adds tremendously to survivability. I got a pretty good deal on a nice shield with 28% and although I'm dual wielding in A1, I'm sure I will be utilizing that shield in the near future.

Yup I think you can block everything in the game, so your survivability shoots up. My block chance is 50% and it's very very noticeable.

Best part? Revenge procs on blocks.

Xanathus

Going back several pages a couple of people told me that I needed to get my resists up on Inferno with my DH, but on a night of sleep that doesn't seem to make any sense, won't I still get one or two shotted anyway? Does that actually make that much of a difference? It seems like on some of my gear I'd have to sacrifice IAS/Dex/Crit/etc to get all resists or Int for that.

For Demon Hunters your primary defensive stat is actually +Discipline because you're 100% reliant on Vault + Smoke Screen in order to not get hit at all. Even with the best Act 4 defensive gear you'll still be two-shotted by an elite pack. Forget about vit/res/armor.

J0dy77

Broke through Act 2 with my monk last night. After hitting that initial wall that most people do, changing my gear around and my build type it was not difficult at all.

I love the state of this game right now, there is no set strategy for progressing. I had a ton of fun building around my play style. At one point last night I had taken down 8 elite packs in a row, zero deaths (did get lucky on a lot of the combinations).

The boss at the end of Act 2 (dont know how to do spoiler tags) was a pain. I was getting one shot a lot, but again switched around some skills and added some vitality I had sitting around and got him down (lost my 5 nef stacks though). That was one of the most rewarding gaming moments I've had in a while.

I really hope blizzard doesn't nerf the game into the ground for all of the whiners out there. Yes, the game is geared towards glass cannons but I love the Monk, I want the challenge. I don't want the game to be a joke like normal, nightmare and hell. If I breezed through Inferno the same way I did those 3 I wouldn't be playing the game much longer.

I'm looking forward to doing it all over again with Act 3's new hurdle!

Neki

Depends. The difference between living one hit or two hits is night and day. And if you actually have vit/all resist. you can tank mobs with Shadow Power (Gloom). I can face tank most mobs with 400 res/30000 life with Gloom up.

Or you could go glass cannon, it doesn't really matter.

MrDaravon

Depends. The difference between living one hit or two hits is night and day. And if you actually have vit/all resist. you can tank mobs with Shadow Power (Gloom). I can face tank most mobs with 400 res/30000 life with Gloom up.

Or you could go glass cannon, it doesn't really matter.

My end goal is to probably roll more tankish with Shadow Power, but I just hit Inferno a day or two ago and that build seems way more gear intensive, which I can't afford at the moment.

Neki

My end goal is to probably roll more tankish with Shadow Power, but I just hit Inferno a day or two ago and that build seems way more gear intensive, which I can't afford at the moment.

That is true. All resist gear is getting super expensive too, despite earlier speculation that it was falling in price. Act 1 Inferno/Act 1 Ponies don't need any all res really.

Carm

=( Already felt nerfed. Last ten goblins only one rare, and he was rarely showing up the past hour or so. Ony is breathing more.

Tom Penny

Broke through Act 2 with my monk last night. After hitting that initial wall that most people do, changing my gear around and my build type it was not difficult at all.

I love the state of this game right now, there is no set strategy for progressing. I had a ton of fun building around my play style. At one point last night I had taken down 8 elite packs in a row, zero deaths (did get lucky on a lot of the combinations).

The boss at the end of Act 2 (dont know how to do spoiler tags) was a pain. I was getting one shot a lot, but again switched around some skills and added some vitality I had sitting around and got him down (lost my 5 nef stacks though). That was one of the most rewarding gaming moments I've had in a while.

I really hope blizzard doesn't nerf the game into the ground for all of the whiners out there. Yes, the game is geared towards glass cannons but I love the Monk, I want the challenge. I don't want the game to be a joke like normal, nightmare and hell. If I breezed through Inferno the same way I did those 3 I wouldn't be playing the game much longer.

I'm looking forward to doing it all over again with Act 3's new hurdle!

What did you do for gear. Super high resistance? My monk gets obliterated in act 2.

Neki

My Lacuni Prowlers have inflated 400% in value over 2 weeks, lol.

Bought for one million, sold for 4.5 million. D:

GorillaJu

I just can't seem to upgrade my weapon. I bought this with all my money for 200k when I first got to Inferno, now that I've gone through 10 or so million in the past week upgrading, buying, selling, etc. I can't find a suitable replacement.

Finding one with such high DEX, a socket, and a significant DPS upgrade is difficult. A 1100 dmg with less DEX and no socket would cost me at least a million on the AH, probably more, and actually decreases my DPS.

rIETw.jpg

J-Rzez

So I noticed many of my friends disabled quick join, and were in act 2 nightmare/hell. I then realized what they were doing and tried it out for myself, farm guardian towers. In nightmare you can easily make 25-40k/hr with just one tower. If you have better gear, get a lucky 2/3 tower set up, and use ferrets, you can nearly triple that on nightmare. Not bad I guess to do while you're at work or sleeping lol.

V_Arnold

To celebrate the nerfing of Royal Crypts, I accidentally bought a Helm of Command with +cold resist on it for 990,000 instead of the +8% crit chance one that went for 750k!

YAAAY! Celebrate with me!4444
*swallows tears*

Xanathus

The Tyrael nerf is actually great for people able to kill elites by themselves because there's a theory that you get zero MF bonus if Tyrael gets the last hit.

Totakeke

Him hitting for 1.9k is canon because the Angel of Wisdom shouldn't be hitting for that much anyways, amirite?

Plus it's annoying how the melee classes were farming Siegebreaker because of Tyrael. Now we're back into business where only DHs and Wizards are allowed to farm Act3-4 Inferno. Good job Blizz.

The Tyrael nerf is actually great for people able to kill elites by themselves because there's a theory that you get zero MF bonus if Tyrael gets the last hit.

Not true. I can kill him myself but I usually let Tyrael do it.

Totakeke

Oh, I thought the server going down is the nerf! But it's already nerfed now in the US servers. I was going to send him off too. :(

GJS

June 8
General
In cooperative games, monster damage will no longer increase when additional players join the game. Please note that monster health will still scale based on the number of players in a party

Bug Fixes
Tyrael no longer has collision when he is your active follower
Pots of ashes in Act I and vases in Act IV will now drop less gold when destroyed
Fixed a bug where players could turn in the same quest repeatedly and always receive rewards as though they were completing the quest for the first time
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_June_-6_9_2012

They have turned off the co-op damage multiplier prior to patch 1.0.3, time to go play inferno online.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Its actually kinda fun fun seeing the community fid the next "exploit", everyone flock to it, economy changes hinge on it, and then how fast blizzard implements the nerf. Repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom