• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP gold find gear, why doesn't blizzard remove all chests and remove Tyrael from the game permanently he's pathetic now lol, 1.03 patch can't come here soon enough

Rufus

Hell Rakanoth kicking my Barbs ass right now. Trying out throwing axes right now, I've sunk this low...

Okay, that was a bath. Taking suggestions.

Zzoram

So does the "Recent Players" list never clear or what? That's fucked up. I don't want a bunch of strangers forced on my friends list.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
RIP gold find gear, why doesn't blizzard remove all chests and remove Tyrael from the game permanently he's pathetic now lol, 1.03 patch can't come here soon enough

It's not like chests have money in them

Diablo 3 has made finding a chest a "who cares." thing

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You know, in the 4 years since this game was announced I seem to recall the devs saying many a-time that they recognize the dangers of gold inflation, yet they designed and approved for release, a game that just showers you in gold like you're being peed on.

Do they even play their own game?

Mitama

Yeah, this has to be the worst dev team I've ever seen lol. That and from all the nerfs so far it appears Blizzard are just a bunch of money-grubbing dicks. Sure, I understand removing actual exploits but nerfing stuff that people farm? Apparently even the chest in The Keep Depths level 1 has been nerfed as well, along with some (maybe all?) goblins. Gold drops from act 1 pots and act 4 vases have been nerfed too which I can understand I guess but it pretty much makes goldfind a worthless mod right now.

What I really liked about farming in Diablo II was the length of the runs, you could just teleport to Mephisto, kill him and be done in < 5 minutes. Sure it was a bit repetitive but because it was so fast it was actually fun to do. In Diablo III I'd rather not farm an entire act (what they want us to do after patch 1.0.3) only to end up with like 99% shitty loot. Give me back my short and efficient runs! :(

Torraz

Yeah, this has to be the worst dev team I've ever seen lol. That and from all the nerfs so far it appears Blizzard are just a bunch of money-grubbing dicks. Sure, I understand removing actual exploits but nerfing stuff that people farm? Apparently even the chest in The Keep Depths level 1 has been nerfed as well, along with some (maybe all?) goblins. Gold drops from act 1 pots and act 4 vases have been nerfed too which I can understand I guess but it pretty much makes goldfind a worthless mod right now.

What I really liked about farming in Diablo II was the length of the runs, you could just teleport to Mephisto, kill him and be done in < 5 minutes. Sure it was a bit repetitive but because it was so fast it was actually fun to do. In Diablo III I'd rather not farm an entire act (what they want us to do after patch 1.0.3) only to end up with like 99% shitty loot. Give me back my short and efficient runs! :(

This, seeing how fast one could do MF runs was fun too :(. That or 8 person runs were fun too. Bit of socializing when one was waiting for the sorc/engima user to open the portal...

Neki

You should have farmed Act IV mini-bosses while they were still good, that's basically what they were. :p

Won

You know, in the 4 years since this game was announced I seem to recall the devs saying many a-time that they recognize the dangers of gold inflation, yet they designed and approved for release, a game that just showers you in gold like you're being peed on.

Do they even play their own game?

I believe they have a team that talks about game design and a seperate team that actual designs the game and they never talk with each other or something.

Mitama

This, seeing how fast one could do MF runs was fun too :(. That or 8 person runs were fun too. Bit of socializing when one was waiting for the sorc/engima user to open the portal...

Yeah man, always optimizing was so much fun. :D

Huge GF + lots of mobs that are easy = money.

Yeah but it's kinda boring to just run big parts of an act over and over again. :p

You should have farmed Act IV mini-bosses while they were still good, that's basically what they were. :p

Oh I have but just look at our current economy, everything's gone down the drain. What about new players who can't even do chest runs, farm goblins to get some easy loot for starting out? Goblins were awesome for that but now all these players are stuck in act 2 inferno waiting for patch 1.0.3 because they can't find any worthwhile loot in act 1, can't do goblins and they can't progress through act 2 without the gear that they could buy by doing those.

Oh I have but just look at our current economy, everything's gone down the drain. What about new players who can't even do chest runs, farm goblins to get some easy loot for starting out? Goblins were awesome for that but now all these players are stuck in act 2 inferno waiting for patch 1.0.3 because they can't find any worthwhile loot in act 1, can't do goblins and they can't progress through act 2 without the gear that they could buy by doing those.

Don't worry, they'll be able to purchase the gear they need on the new RMAH Tuesday! :lol

Neki

Yeah man, always optimizing was so much fun. :D

Yeah but it's kinda boring to just run big parts of an act over and over again. :p

Get those cheap 1k dps weapons and make glass cannons build for your characters. Unless you're melee, but if you're melee, why are you playing inferno? :p

Jesus, Blizzard. Just keep nerfing shit.

You know what? Why don't they just make a level where there is a kiosk with a Blizzard employee behind the desk.

Players can line up in queue and the employee can hand out gear and gold rations.

To hell with playing the game. The drops aren't random...they are directly controlled by the shittiest dev team this side of the universe. Why even put chests and treasure goblins in if they don't want you to get anything from them.

It has become quickly apparent that they are looking to RMAH as the core of their "game." But hey, who can blame them? They can and will directly control the economy. It's like infinite DLC that is user generated. Some bean counter betting on a constant revenue stream because, you know, the game selling a bajillion copies just doesn't make them enough money.

Oh look, offline cracks with online coop are starting to trickle out.

Worst item in the game?

ibcDGFHaXAb0ZF.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sooo any demon hunters in the house wanna tell me how good this is?

AWJbb.jpg

Seems pretty good that it got a discipline bonus as its random property, but it's hard to find another one on the ah like that and I don't have any idea how important discipline is to a demon hunter.

Totakeke

AWJbb.jpg

Seems pretty good that it got a discipline bonus as its random property, but it's hard to find another one on the ah like that and I don't have any idea how important discipline is to a demon hunter.

Almost a perfect roll. There do exist some DH using evasive fire out there. Maybe it'll worth more after the IAS nerf.

Thanks to your input the other day I got some new gear for my barb and think that I'm ready for Act 3 inferno.

QCZek.jpg

I've focused on balancing out str/vit while increasing allres. Next step is to find a weapon with LoH on it. I only have 170 now but it's still noticable so if I can get close to 700-900 I'll be unstoppable.

Neki

AWJbb.jpg

Looks okay, but it's really low vit. Glass cannon SS demon hunters would appreciate the max disc though

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Almost a perfect roll. There do exist some DH using evasive fire out there. Maybe it'll worth more after the IAS nerf.

There's another one of these on the ah with +7 max discipline and bonus damage on spike trap, but the dex/vit rolls are much worse than mine. Looks like someone's bidding on it for 6mil, but yeah, might be worth more after the ias nerf so maybe I'll just hold onto mine for a bit.

Totakeke

Is it me or are the elites in the secret level restore their health to full far faster than any other elites? I can't even rez in time man.

Radec

Fuck these sewers in Act 2. I'm starting my DH now.

I don't think I still have the enthusiasm to finish Inferno. Will probably make all class to lvl 60 and call it quits.

Jangocube

Banned
I'm a WD getting OWNED in Act II Inferno. Any tips/skills I should be using or know? Tried many different builds and still don't seem to be able to either gain enough distance on elite mobs or I just get randomly one shot by mobs spawning right next to me =(

Narag

Fuck these sewers in Act 2. I'm starting my DH now.

I don't think I still have the enthusiasm to finish Inferno. Will probably make all class to lvl 60 and call it quits.

I'd give it a try post-1.03 when damage is smoothed out and drop rates increase.

Why did they nerf one of the last ways to level fast in the game. Jesus do they want everyone grind for 40 hours just to get to 60 on every character.

Dahbomb

Why did they nerf one of the last ways to level fast in the game. Jesus do they want everyone grind for 40 hours just to get to 60 on every character.
Um yeah... that's the point of the game. Starting from scratch means starting from scratch... not get to LVL60 in an hour.

LOL at people crying about exploits getting fixed. For goodness sakes, if you don't like the game then don't play it!
I was just about to say the same thing. People expecting Tyrael to do the work for them is just ridiculous. I know melee have it rough but exploiting your way to a decent farm is a ridiculous expectation from the game. Proper buffs on melee class should be expected, not retaining of exploits.

Narag

Damage was smoothed out in a hotfix on the 8th apparently.

They were fixing the spikiness encountered in solo play as well so act II wasn't folk getting oneshot after facerolling act I.

I'd think they expect that from folk the first time around then to feed alts with the 60 character via drops/increased gold income/etc. No level requirement on gems makes a case for this too.

Kurod

Banned
I will pay real money to punch those responsible for the ridiculous placement of these bullshit champs/rares next to each other like this. Holy crap freaking waller, mortar, reflect damage champs hanging out with invuln minion, frozen, arcane enchanted, whatever else. I'm also sure I didn't see "fast" in there but goddamn these things were just zooming along like they were on crack and gliding over my caltrops like they weren't even there. Goddamn yakety sax should be on the OST.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
There's another one of these on the ah with +7 max discipline and bonus damage on spike trap, but the dex/vit rolls are much worse than mine. Looks like someone's bidding on it for 6mil, but yeah, might be worth more after the ias nerf so maybe I'll just hold onto mine for a bit.

i'd get rid of it while i could.

once they make the improvements to sets and legendaries thats going to be worthless.

Torraz

Um yeah... that's the point of the game. Starting from scratch means starting from scratch... not get to LVL60 in an hour.

I was just about to say the same thing. People expecting Tyrael to do the work for them is just ridiculous. I know melee have it rough but exploiting your way to a decent farm is a ridiculous expectation from the game. Proper buffs on melee class should be expected, not retaining of exploits.

The problem is that blizzard seems to be a lot faster with nerfing everything when compared to buffing classes that are struggling.

Furthermore, this keeps widening the rift between those people who played ranged classes and were the first to 60 and used all the exploits and all the newer players who can't do any of that.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
LOL at people crying about exploits getting fixed. For goodness sakes, if you don't like the game then don't play it!

i think the main reason people are complaining so much about the nerfs is because it's their only way to get around the inferno spike. so in essence blizzard is removing any help the player can find in getting past their inferno blunder.

(the exploits are also disrupting the econ, but i can live with that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom