• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any WD's out there use a ceremonial knife? I have the exalted plans, but I'm a bit apprehensive about making one since the resource cost is pretty high and so is the actual gold cost (167,000 gold!). And of course, there's a great chance that it will end up with 200 base damage, 2 cold resistance, and strength coupled with intelligence.

balddemon

Banned
^^not yet thats in 1.03
from barb to barb, high five bro

high five

v9jDJ.jpg

Do any WD's out there use a ceremonial knife? I have the exalted plans, but I'm a bit apprehensive about making one since the resource cost is pretty high and so is the actual gold cost (167,000 gold!). And of course, there's a great chance that it will end up with 200 base damage, 2 cold resistance, and strength coupled with intelligence.

I like knives.

Shouta

They nerfed co-op damage? can someone explain?

Co-op mobs don't get their damage increased compared to playing solo now, just life. Before the fix, the more people the more damage mobs would do making tanking essentially useless and no real incentive to play Inferno as a group because it was too ridiculous.

Artanisix

Keep in mind that the monsters still hit ridiculously hard (monster damage nerf comes with 1.03), so if you couldn't handle a few wasp hits or A3 mobs, you won't be able to handle it now.

hitmon

Co-op mobs don't get their damage increased compared to playing solo now, just life. Before the fix, the more people the more damage mobs would do making tanking essentially useless and no real incentive to play Inferno as a group because it was too ridiculous.

Thanks, I misunderstood and I thought they meant they nerfed the players' damage when doing co-op.

blackflag

Oh goodness. started inferno last night. Act 1 zombies 1 shooting me. Can't beat the first blue pack I come across.

Where should I farm for inferno act 1 gear? I only have 700k so ah isn't really an option.

My 2h Xbox is ok, 860 dps but my armor is all like level 53 or something.

Zzoram

I think they should still keep monster damage scaling, but just reduce it.

Monsters have a harder time killing individuals in a group than they do in solo games if they keep the same damage, co-op is going to get too easy with this change.

How much damage did monsters gain per player before? Maybe 5% extra per additional player is reasonable.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The AH just seems way too much to deal with. I keep on getting all of these rares that drop and pile up my Stash as well as magical equipment with good stats. Perhaps the most fucked up thing compared to say something like WoW is that with WoW you are just competing with people on your server, while the D3 AH is system wide and has so much stuff on it. The UI just seems completely clunky. They should have an option to click on an item you currently have and want to sell and have the option to search for similar items.

Also why can't the AH be used while in game?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Just read about the nerfs, I laughed.

I play a wizard and I've been at the end of Act III Inferno for quite a while now, I'm sure I could finish it in 30-60 minutes, but I just can't bring myself to log in anymore. I just don't care. I already feel like I missed the boat. Those who got to 60 first were able to use exploits and broken skills to farm gear they shouldn't have been able to, this allowed them to be the only players capable of farming that gear once those exploits and skills were fixed. Now they sell that gear and make tens of millions while everyone else has to beg them for scraps. And then you have people botting the AH, ensuring that it's not even possible to get a good deal every now and again.

The end game couldn't be less fun, it doesn't have a single redeeming quality.

I wish I never hit 60.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on 10+ mil that I've gotten from farming act 3 for the past 5 days, and I have an item in the AH that'll probably go for at least 6mil.

I can understand some people in some situations making the same argument you are, but I wouldn't expect it from a wizard at the end of act 3 inferno.

Mupod

Monsters have a harder time killing individuals in a group than they do in solo games if they keep the same damage, co-op is going to get too easy with this change.

How much damage did monsters gain per player before? Maybe 5% extra per additional player is reasonable.

I'm sure it seems like a good idea when you look at abilities like barbarian war cry + impunity which makes Monks far more durable, or the various mob damage debuffs. I can sort of see why Blizzard went with it because it makes sense in theory.

But in practice all it does is discourage grouping after you watch your DH friend die from one hit from a stray Fallen peon for the fifteenth time, or melee classes just get obliterated because their self healing can't keep up with 20% additional damage.

MotherFan

Has anyone noticed all gold drops being reduced after the last patch? This is not about the pots, but about everything from act I inferno.

eek5

I'm sure it seems like a good idea when you look at abilities like barbarian war cry + impunity which makes Monks far more durable, or the various mob damage debuffs. I can sort of see why Blizzard went with it because it makes sense in theory.

But in practice all it does is discourage grouping after you watch your DH friend die from one hit from a stray Fallen peon for the fifteenth time, or melee classes just get obliterated because their self healing can't keep up with 20% additional damage.

If it makes anyone feel better, my monk friend still dies pretty fast with 1400 resists from my War Cry buff in duo :lol

Zzoram

The worst thing about all this economy tinkering is that the guys who exploited and farmed hard since launch will be the 1% for the remainder of the game, assuming Blizzard doesn't do something like an item or gold reset/tax.

Xanathus

So now that Inferno co-op is no longer a complete waste of time, is there a way to easily to set up quick GAF monster killing parties? Maybe a Steam chat or something. Mumble was dead last time I checked.

MrDaravon

Invunerable Minions may be without exaggeration the most bullshit thing I have ever encountered in a videogame. I'm cruising through Act 1 pretty much never dying, but then a single Invunerable Minion mob can kill me 5 times in a row because the leader will just run away, and as a DH it's hard as fuck to get past them to kill him without getting killed, even with spamming SS/etc. Jesus Fucking Christ. Reflect Damage and everything else I can deal with fine, but I'm just flabbergasted at this design choice.

Narag

Also why can't the AH be used while in game?

I'd be content to at least get notifications in-game at this point. I mean you can get them while in the menus and not actively in the AH menu so I don't see why the game doesn't have that same function.

Invunerable Minions may be without exaggeration the most bullshit thing I have ever encountered in a videogame. I'm cruising through Act 1 pretty much never dying, but then a single Invunerable Minion mob can kill me 5 times in a row because the leader will just run away, and as a DH it's hard as fuck to get past them to kill him without getting killed, even with spamming SS/etc. Jesus Fucking Christ. Reflect Damage and everything else I can deal with fine, but I'm just flabbergasted at this design choice.

Agreed just had to stop and wash a dungeon cause his minions never lost the shield and you cant go in and hit the leader as a DH... so stupid.

thespot84

I've definitely skipped a few elites if I'm already running a 5 stack, since bosses are so much easier.

Also just got to Act II. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

The worst thing about all this economy tinkering is that the guys who exploited and farmed hard since launch will be the 1% for the remainder of the game, assuming Blizzard doesn't do something like an item or gold reset/tax.

Having a ladder system would've totally fixed this problem after the first ladder ended.

SUPARSTARX

All these nerfs to the game make me not wanna play anymore. It's pretty silly. And yeah, a ladder would be nice with it's own AH economy so people can't twink and blast their way up. Perhaps ladder to complete Diablo on Inferno.

LordCanti

What's the new best farm spot? Is there a treasure goblin that is yet un-patched? The act 3 chest?

Edit: Did they nerf smokescreen again? Lingering fog now increases the duration to 1.5 seconds according to the tooltip. Wasn't it 2 seconds, down from 3? WTF?

I basically suggested this several hours ago and everyone laughed at me.

Blizzard sees everyone in softcore as a potential RMAH customer. They wouldn't segment that player base up and have to open multiple different RMAH's catering to ladder/non-ladder, etc.

Xanathus

What's the new best farm spot? Is there a treasure goblin that is yet un-patched? The act 3 chest?

Blizzard sees everyone in softcore as a potential RMAH customer. They wouldn't segment that player base up and have to open multiple different RMAH's catering to ladder/non-ladder, etc.

Make RMAH ladder-only. Non-ladder has their own GAH like Hardcore. Problem solved.

edit: This also solves the problem where as top tier loot becomes more and more common, people get bored of the game. It turns out you don't need extremely expensive gear to beat Inferno Diablo with the co-op changes now so aside from just powering up your gear there's no longer any progression or goal.

sleepykyo

Even without the damage boost, tanks still have to worry about plague, molten, arcane, frozen. That and players already get a nerf the second coop starts (lose the follower). So it was double penalized for playing in group (damage jump and follower loss).

That out of the way, I'm surprised they are so determined to redesign the game when so few players have made to inferno anyway. The cheapness of the elite packs, the frequency of disappointing drops aren't really that noticeable in normal or nightmare anyway.

edit:
Edit: Did they nerf smokescreen again? Lingering fog now increases the duration to 1.5 seconds according to the tooltip. Wasn't it 2 seconds, down from 3? WTF?

Somewhere out there, they're probably looking at usage data and thinking that SS must be too strong because every DH is using it. When the practical matter is all the elite junk makes it mandatory to have some jailbreak skill ready.

LordCanti

I think the Act 3 chest is hotfixed. I did a run, and there was a regular chest where the resplendent should have been =/

Can't wait for gold prices to rise up again when the RMAH opens up.

:|

By rise up, you mean massively deflate, right? The influx of gold into the economy will likely tank the price of gold very rapidly.

eek5

Somewhere out there, they're look at usage data and thinking that SS must be too strong because every DH is using it. When the practical matter is all the elite junk makes it mandatory to have some jailbreak skill ready.

Hopefully the same people nerfing most used skills notice that no WD is using pets in inferno and does something about it :lol

I think the Act 3 chest is hotfixed. I did a run, and there was a regular chest where the resplendent should have been =/
Yeah level 1 always has a white chest now I think. I haven't checked underbridge though but the spawn rate seemed lower even when I was running both. Icefalls/Cave of Frost almost always has a gold chest on level 2 and it's pretty easy to get to.

sleepykyo

By rise up, you mean massively deflate, right? The influx of gold into the economy will likely tank the price of gold very rapidly.

No, the rapid influx of gold means people bid more so inflation happens. What would cause deflation is if the new drop system results in a lot of good stuff flooding the market.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
What cause deflation is if the new drop system results a lot of good stuff flooding the market.

Can't wait for ^. Sold my wand for 30m & converted, can't wait to get something similar for peanuts or farm it myself when 1.03 hits. All the people in inferno with manageable difficulty and Act III/IV gear having a small chance to drop even on butcher runs, mmmm. Plus co-op!

2Crisis

Lingering Fog has been 1.5 for a few patches now, nothing new here.

Ourobolus

Banned
God, FUCK elective mode!!!

Whoever the fuck greenlighted that is a fucking moron.

Just let me move/rearrange skills when I open the skill screen! There's no gameplay reason to restrict certain slots to certain skill types, and there's no reason to allow me to accidentally drag a skill off of my bar in the middle of battle!!

Shit, they can keep Inferno the way it is if they at least fix this shit.

LordCanti

Yeah level 1 always has a white chest now I think. I haven't checked underbridge though but the spawn rate seemed lower even when I was running both. Icefalls/Cave of Frost almost always has a gold chest on level 2 and it's pretty easy to get to.

Thanks for the tip.

Lingering Fog has been 1.5 for a few patches now, nothing new here.

But it has been nerfed twice, right? I'm just now noticing because all my farm spots got nerfed.

No, the rapid influx of gold means people bid more so inflation happens. What would cause deflation is if the new drop system results in a lot of good stuff flooding the market.

The first part of this is only true if the demand for gold is high enough to offset the massive amount of supply that will be available. If it's not, gold will be dirt cheap. The second part is actually not that bad, since it would mean people can actually farm items that would be useful to them in A1/A2, instead of having to rely only on A3/A4. I much prefer that to the alternative.

Believe me, I'm hoping gold remains high so that I can sell off my pile of it, but I'm not counting on it.

It was nerfed only once iirc but the tooltip was never updated properly until 1.02whatever.

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4662223

Aah =/ That explains it.

DTKT

I meant the gold price for items. Everyone is going to buy gold which is going to inflate the cost for "normal" items.

sleepykyo

Thanks for the tip.

But it has been nerfed twice, right? I'm just now noticing because all my farm spots got nerfed.

The first part of this is only true if the demand for gold is high enough to offset the massive amount of supply that will be available. If it's not, gold will be dirt cheap. The second part is actually not that bad, since it would mean people can actually farm items that would be useful to them in A1/A2, instead of having to rely only on A3/A4. I much prefer that to the alternative.

Believe me, I'm hoping gold remains high so that I can sell off my pile of it, but I'm not counting on it.

Aah =/ That explains it.

My mistake. I was reading it as the gold price for items on AH as opposed to the price to buy gold.

TP

God, FUCK elective mode!!!

Whoever the fuck greenlighted that is a fucking moron.

Just let me move/rearrange skills when I open the skill screen! There's no gameplay reason to restrict certain slots to certain skill types, and there's no reason to allow me to accidentally drag a skill off of my bar in the middle of battle!!

Shit, they can keep Inferno the way it is if they at least fix this shit.

Turn on elective mode
assign your skills
turn off elective mode

there, now you can't drag your skills

Can someone tell me how ZK was nerfed?
I guess the checkpoint exploit is gone but does he give less exp after you beat him the first time now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom