• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
Well the script clicks a random location within the boundaries you set to mimic randomness, of course the speed is still higher than a human could ever achieve. So its noticeable no matter what in that regard.

And I guess that Warden thing looks at external programs outside of D3 which is why I havent used it yet.

If I heard enough people say theyve used it for awhile and are fine I would be more inclined to use it.

Its stupid we cant make kits up and just load them up, give us one of those town portal, ressurection loading bars while switching if you want, but the clicking and clicking...its just annoying.

I use a script to swap gear. If they want to ban me for it, to Torchlight 2 I go.

maharg

idspispopd
30 seconds to respawn needs to change. I don't care if they make mobs heal to full, as long as I don't have to sit there for half a minute every time I die.

(Yeah, I know, I could just die less.)

It gets longer every time you die. It's initially like 3 seconds, then it goes to 8, etc.

What bothers me is the 2 minute cooldowns on some skills. Just seems excessive.

Macattk15

I'm sad that I was too lazy to even farm the Royal Crypts on my Wizard before the nerf ... I knew it was coming but I always figured "Eh I'll do it tomorrow."

Now it's too late :(

What bothers me is the 2 minute cooldowns on some skills. Just seems excessive.
am I crazy or is it always the longest 2 minutes of all time. When you're playing the game normally time fucking flies, when you're waiting for something to cool down it's as if time has completely stopped.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So spent ALL my money, and upgraded my gear - at this point, I can do act II no problem, infact took out Kulle and Belial first attempt, haven't really tried act III. Wanted to ask GAF their opinion on my gear/build! If there are any noticeable holes

This is me unbuffed btw
tXF1x.jpg

yH5oM.jpg

tuhl0.jpg

LordCanti

am I crazy or is it always the longest 2 minutes of all time. When you're playing the game normally time fucking flies, when you're waiting for something to cool down it's as if time has completely stopped.

When preparation (45 sec cooldown, restores all discipline for a DH) is on cooldown, time doesn't move at all.

LordCanti

I've already more than made up that cost selling gear and gold.

Also, 150 hours in, I have my monies worth.

I should have sold my gold a week ago when it was still going for a decent rate. Now I'm just going to get whatever I can on the RMAH and call it good. At $6.50 per million, the game will have paid for itself (after the 30% fee).

Here's hoping that I can even get that much for it.

Sites are still paying that much. Just saying. You should be able to get $5 a million with no problem right now, without the the 30%.

The problem is, I don't trust sites lol.

Petrie, you're a WD right? Is a mojo with 64-346 damage, indestructability (and no other stats) decent for a WD? Decent enough not to vendor anyway, lol.

Petrie

Banned
I should have sold my gold a week ago when it was still going for a decent rate. Now I'm just going to get whatever I can on the RMAH and call it good. At $6.50 per million, the game will have paid for itself (after the 30% fee).

Here's hoping that I can even get that much for it.

Sites are still paying that much. Just saying. You should be able to get $5 a million with no problem right now, without the the 30%.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'm sad that I was too lazy to even farm the Royal Crypts on my Wizard before the nerf ... I knew it was coming but I always figured "Eh I'll do it tomorrow."

Now it's too late :(

Honestly it wasn't that good. Like 15k gold tops per run. With a wizard, disintegrate, and large pickup I could see it being slightly worth it for people starting out inferno, but I get way better stuff getting a 5 NV stack and sweeping through the swamp, cathedral, cemetery, fields.

With a monk it's shit because stuff like vortex dies off without attacking anything and monks don't regen spirit without hits. So you had to punch every pot manually.

If NV carried over I'd get my 5 stacks in act 1 and then jump to act 3 to farm.

Act II Treasure Goblin at end of Ancient Path still works fine, FYI. I need to find an act 3 goblin near a waypoint as act 2 loot is rapidly losing all value on the AH

I can say with almost 100% confident that this goblin is definitely not the same as it was before. It still drops at least 1 rare with relatively high confidence if you have good MF, but it's nowhere like what it was the other day. When I did this a few days ago I could get about 15 yellows / hour on this guy. Now I'm lucky to get 7-8

It doesn't make it unfarmable or anything, just slightly less efficient. It's still probably the best act 2 farming IMO, but it was broken before. 2 days ago I had 3 full pages in my stash filled with unidentified yellows after 4 hours

Woo-Fu

Banned
I can say with almost 100% confident that this goblin is definitely not the same as it was before. It still drops at least 1 rare with relatively high confidence if you have good MF, but it's nowhere like what it was the other day. When I did this a few days ago I could get about 15 yellows / hour on this guy. Now I'm lucky to get 7-8

Considering I'm the one who showed it to you I would guess that I've been killing him for a longer period of time and I don't notice any change whatsoever. I haven't even bothered switching to my MF suit to kill him, still get 1-2 yellows just about every time and he shows up about 50% of the time. I'm playing witch doctor, between spirit walk, hex, and horrify I can pretty much run straight to the bottom and then port out if I don't see him. Working with 2-3 other people I get even more rares and fill up the backpack that much quicker with all of use finding goblins.

The real nerf to the goblin is the steadily decreasing value of act 2 gear on the auction house. Went from making ~5m a day to ~1m a day.

Artanisix

Honestly it wasn't that good. Like 15k gold tops per run. With a wizard, disintegrate, and large pickup I could see it being slightly worth it for people starting out inferno, but I get way better stuff getting a 5 NV stack and sweeping through the swamp, cathedral, cemetery, fields.

With a monk it's shit because stuff like vortex dies off without attacking anything and monks don't regen spirit without hits. So you had to punch every pot manually.

Honestly it WAS that good. My DH farmed it for over 700k an hour. I completed runs in less than 30 seconds. Sad to see it nerfed but it had it coming.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Holy crap. I finally see that 'spikiness' that the devs were talking about. I was fine in Act II - my health is a touch on the low side (35k) but with over 800 LPH, my health consistently stayed up.

Now all of a sudden in act III, I'll be dealing with 20+ regular mobs, health steadily staying at max - but a soon as they start dying, my health fluctuates like CRAZY. Essentially, if I am facing down too few mobs, I could be absolutely fine or just... die with a few unlucky hits.

They need to make dodge more practical :( maybe add like... a partial dodge feature, where hits 'glance' off of me.

eek5

Petrie, you're a WD right? Is a mojo with 64-346 damage, indestructability (and no other stats) decent for a WD? Decent enough not to vendor anyway, lol.
For mojos you want to be as close to the max damage as possible. An average of 240 or higher is great. After that people want mana regen, crit chance, int.

If you get something like this, I'd sell it on forums because you can't search for damage on AH (so bad)

Holy crap. I finally see that 'spikiness' that the devs were talking about.
There are some enemies in A3 that burst damage me for ~20k hp (after 10k armor 1k res 22% melee reduc). :lol

Petrie

Banned
No one on GAF is actually playing this game. I thought this was clear by now.

It seems that way. More and more I get the feeling people in this thread complaining about gold farmers are complaining about the pros making it harder for them to profit.

Shouta

Man, Blizzard really doesn't think about what the nerfs they do. If you're going to nerf Tyrael's damage then at least nerf the amount of life vampiric elites can get from him when you're doing Act 3. It's so damn stupid.

Then of course there are all the stupid programming glitches/quirks that just fucking ruin my time when fighting elites.

LordCanti

Oh yeah totally. Because it's so hard to manually run the crypts.

It's so hard that I did it for hours with just my mouse hand, while the other hand did all manner of other things.

RIP crypt runs. RIP Act 3 chest runs (that aren't in the cave of doom). I understand why they had to do both, but I'm still salty.

LukeSmith

Not too happy that jars of ash got nerfed. I mean I understand why, but now my gameplay experience goes from farming two places to farming just the damp cellar. Can't get ten feet in Act II Inferno without getting slaughtered, can't afford better gear.

I'm a Wizard with 15218 DPS, 3474 armor, 400 resist all, 1.97 attack speed, 19.20% crit chance, and 622 life per hit. My Act I strategy to keep Prism Armor up (brings resists up to 584 and armor up to 5983) while Critical Mass (-1 sec cooldowns per crit) let me spam Frost Nova and Diamond Skin (Crystal Skin) for survival. My damage was from Spectral Blades and Star Pact Meteor (both crit a lot) and Venom Hydra. I facetanked Butcher easily enough. Any advice on getting through Act II? What resist should I target, what skills should I be using?

Piercing Orb, Blizzard, Venom Hydra, Diamond Skin, Teleport, Force Armor.
Passives: Illusionist, Glass Cannon, Whatever You Want

It might be better to not build for Resist/crit % and just get Int/damage and bank on force armor + teleport + diamond skin to be the things you use in concert to mitigate and avoid damage. You can't make many mistakes in Inferno act 2 at your current gear level.

Kyoufu

Man, Blizzard really doesn't think about what the nerfs they do. If you're going to nerf Tyrael's damage then at least nerf the amount of life vampiric elites can get from him when you're doing Act 3. It's so damn stupid.

Then of course there are all the stupid programming glitches/quirks that just fucking ruin my time when fighting elites.

I don't think Tyrael is worth recruiting any more. He's that bad...

Vostro

I'm a DH, and the only thing I hate about Inferno is fighting Champ packs/elite mobs. They can be a bitch to fight and most of the time they would one shot me. I just defeated the Skeleton King which was easy but I don't think I'm ready to go against the Butcher yet. Here's my stats and build. I think I need much more better gear. Should I focus more on DPS and stack Vitality?

QtdKH.jpg

eJ5bo.jpg

buhdeh

I finished nightmare and already feel like I'm done with this game. Items just aren't interesting at all. I hate the matchmaking system and everything the game does just encourages you to play solo or only with friends.

I was already down on it after playing the beta but I guess the hype got to me and now I pretty much regret buying the game as playing through it on normal (my first run) wasn't all that fun really... I think having the AH took the game in the wrong direction. At least in D2, you'd find some good set items or uniques that would drop early (like the Saigon set) and would actually last you a while. Now it's just look (and hope) for finding mispriced items in the AH, buyout, play through an act or two, repeat.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Rings seem to be in short supply. There's really shitty ones way worse than level 50-55 stuff my wizard has selling for 200k. Nothing remotely interesting available.

Mupod

He keeps elites from regenning to full though.

Eh, I don't really have that problem as often as I encounter vampiric enemies. He has a tendency to make those impossible when they come with plague or whatever.

Not to mention his eternal hatred of treasure goblins

Ourobolus

Banned
Turn on elective mode
assign your skills
turn off elective mode

there, now you can't drag your skills

Can someone tell me how ZK was nerfed?
I guess the checkpoint exploit is gone but does he give less exp after you beat him the first time now?

Shit. Thank you for your help. I'd had no idea how to deal with that terrible game design until you told me.

Seriously, what the hell - from a gameplay perspective, what the hell is the point of Elective Mode?

Also, I should be back around 9 PM EDT. Anyone want to help me take down Inferno Belial?

Battle Tag: Ourobolus#1609

LordCanti

Can anyone let me join the Azmodan inferno checkpoint?

I'd appreciate that checkpoint as well, if anyone has it.

Farming hours on end for 700K/per is pointless when you can play the AH flipping game and make a lot more than that. I've made a paltry sum finding items in this game, and a ton of gold by finding undervalued items on the AH and reselling.

Bots are dangerous from an inflationary standpoint because they never fatigue or succumb to boredom.: set them on their task, hope your vidcard doesn't fry.

The AH flipping game was fun for a couple weeks or now. Now the "endorphin rush" as someone put it, isn't there for me.

Cagey

Banned
Farming hours on end for 700K/per is pointless when you can play the AH flipping game and make a lot more than that. I've made a paltry sum finding items in this game, and a ton of gold by finding undervalued items on the AH and reselling.

Bots are dangerous from an inflationary standpoint because they never fatigue or succumb to boredom.: set them on their task, hope your vidcard doesn't fry.

Petrie

Banned

Cant you just run minimized and not even touch the video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom