• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Not too happy that jars of ash got nerfed. I mean I understand why, but now my gameplay experience goes from farming two places to farming just the damp cellar. Can't get ten feet in Act II Inferno without getting slaughtered, can't afford better gear.

I'm a Wizard with 15218 DPS, 3474 armor, 400 resist all, 1.97 attack speed, 19.20% crit chance, and 622 life per hit. My Act I strategy to keep Prism Armor up (brings resists up to 584 and armor up to 5983) while Critical Mass (-1 sec cooldowns per crit) let me spam Frost Nova and Diamond Skin (Crystal Skin) for survival. My damage was from Spectral Blades and Star Pact Meteor (both crit a lot) and Venom Hydra. I facetanked Butcher easily enough. Any advice on getting through Act II? What resist should I target, what skills should I be using?

Anyone have any inferno starting gear for a newly dinged 60? Don't have that much gold but I'm sure we can work something out! Battle tag is pooptacular1536.

LordCanti

Is 642 life on hit (plus a socket for more LOH) enough to make using a 670 DPS 1 hander worth it (1.5AS) for a monk? Also has 110 dex (97 int, but I can't see a Wiz/WD using it).

LuchaShaq

Banned
High five. Love being a Barb right now, and DPS classes love me too.

Almost to level 60 I guess I should be making out a tank set of gear/figuring out a tank build?

The idea of sword/boarding solo slowly killing shit sounds like the least fun thing ever.

balddemon

Banned
Keep in mind that the monsters still hit ridiculously hard (monster damage nerf comes with 1.03), so if you couldn't handle a few wasp hits or A3 mobs, you won't be able to handle it now.

well with more than 1 person being targeted and some actual dpsers in my group, i should be able to handle at least act 2 wtih my 590-660 resists

Zzoram

God, FUCK elective mode!!!

Whoever the fuck greenlighted that is a fucking moron.

Just let me move/rearrange skills when I open the skill screen! There's no gameplay reason to restrict certain slots to certain skill types, and there's no reason to allow me to accidentally drag a skill off of my bar in the middle of battle!!

Shit, they can keep Inferno the way it is if they at least fix this shit.

That's the biggest bullshit in the game, more bullshit than invulnerable minions.

LordCanti

That's the biggest bullshit in the game, more bullshit than invulnerable minions.

The biggest bullshit for me is the lack of kit swapping. I've got one set for gold find, one for magic find, and one for DPS.

Even keeping two of those sets in my inventory at a time is problematic. I would pay a ton of gold for more inventory space =/

Narag

The biggest bullshit for me is the lack of kit swapping. I've got one set for gold find, one for magic find, and one for DPS.

Even keeping two of those sets in my inventory at a time is problematic. I would pay a ton of gold for more inventory space =/

Yeah, I was disappointed that feature wasn't retained from D2.

Petrie

Banned

But isnt that intentional? They dont want people having multiple kits, they want you to buy the best gear that has ALL of it.

I wonder if RMAH didn't exist and they did the exact same things they do now what people's generic flame would be.

I don't think it's as dark and evil as everyone thinks it is.

SyNapSe

Do any WD's out there use a ceremonial knife? I have the exalted plans, but I'm a bit apprehensive about making one since the resource cost is pretty high and so is the actual gold cost (167,000 gold!). And of course, there's a great chance that it will end up with 200 base damage, 2 cold resistance, and strength coupled with intelligence.

I do due to the +mana regen on all of them.

edit: so gave inferno a real try. Previously when I made it I only played through the Haedrig part. I had picked up a few pieces of cheap gear over the last week or so via AH. I'm still wearing several lvl 54 type pieces but I bought a blue dagger that did 700 damage or so for 80k I think.. that was the main part. That was the most expensive thing I've ever bought lol. I think the most I'd spent before on an item was 30k.

I decided I'd not take the tele and I'd just go out the northwest gate to get a feel for how I'd do and I'd work my way to the cathedral. First pull is a yellow that spawns rotting retches (?) or whatever that vomit out tons of skelies. I work my way back the bridge and have to take refuge in town. Then I come back out and finish the yellow. Then the vomiting retch chicks chase me back in town again. I finally get out of there. Then I worked my way left and kill some basic skellie's. burning them down! Then I see some of those fat explode on death guys and one is yellow. BOOM I'm dead within 20 seconds or so. They were fast and vortex. I gave up and just went right and snuck to the cathedral entrance :(

I got in the cathedral and didn't die once all the way to SK and got him the first try easy. It's a lot easier in the hallways as I can run to doorways and use my grasp or wall of zombies there and they are way more effective than in the open. I did have a couple of epic elite/champ battles including some annoying bats that were waller, vortex, plagued, desecrator I think. Is it plagued that halves poison damage? That sucks so much for my guy. I might switch to the fire darts.

Petrie

Banned
I wonder if RMAH didn't exist and they did the exact same things they do now what people's generic flame would be.

I don't think it's as dark and evil as everyone thinks it is.

Never said it was evil. I have no problem with it. But I do think thats why they don't have multiple kits.

eek5

I actually carry around tank, DPS, and GF gear. I have to go to town so often lol

I'm also always afraid that I'll sell some of my good gear ;_;

Caerith

The third tab of my stash is my GF gear all lined up so I can swap between it and my gameplay gear directly. I don't bring both with me.

LordCanti

The third tab of my stash is my GF gear all lined up so I can swap between it and my gameplay gear directly. I don't bring both with me.

I have to bring MF and DPS with me. Gold can sit in the stash when I'm not using it, but I'm always using the MF/DPS combo (DPS until something is about to go down, then MF as fast as I possibly can).

I'm having trouble in A2 any things I could easily improve?
6zZ1r.jpg

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiQgXY!ZYU!aZcaZY

mr2xxx

Banned
DId they actually nerf co-op damage in inferno cuss I was just doing Act II with 2 others and we were getting destroyed.

inky

Yeah, low block, LoH and resists are a tad low from seeing other barbarians.

He is a monk tho, and I did Act II as a Barb with 0 life on hit, 650/750 resists and 17% block. I would suggest a tad bit of Attack speed if it doesn't hinder your other stuff.

mr2xxx

Banned
They nerfed the increase in damage due to more players but everything still hits like a truck until 1.03

huh? So they are going to nerf it more in 1.03, makes sense I guess. I would think nerfing the co-op damage would be good enough but after playing right now, yeah I'm not gonna be complaining.

rCIZZLE

Well, at least I have my Barb and DH @ 60. Probably won't be leveling any more characters since the story isn't worth playing through 3 more times.

Oh and when is the hotfix for all of this supposed to hit US servers (if it hasn't already)?

I just use Autohotkey with a script to quickly gear swap in combat.

I just bought a GF kit and was wondering about this I downloaded that script off that youtube video. Set it all up, but was wondering if anyone was actually getting banned before using it... Apparently Blizzard said they don't like that stuff.

Anustart

I just bought a GF kit and was wondering about this I downloaded that script off that youtube video. Set it all up, but was wondering if anyone was actually getting banned before using it... Apparently Blizzard said they don't like that stuff.

Could blizzard even detect such a program? Seems like it's not reading memory or altering it, so should be good.

Petrie

Banned
Could blizzard even detect such a program? Seems like it's not reading memory or altering it, so should be good.

They can see you clicking the exact same pixels every time, with an accuracy no human could achieve.

Link to video and we can give you a better idea of what its doing and how detectable itd be.

LordCanti

30 seconds to respawn needs to change. I don't care if they make mobs heal to full, as long as I don't have to sit there for half a minute every time I die.

(Yeah, I know, I could just die less.)

What are you talking about? It's always been 10 seconds to respawn.

It gets longer every time you die. It's initially like 3 seconds, then it goes to 8, etc.

Zzoram

30 seconds to respawn needs to change. I don't care if they make mobs heal to full, as long as I don't have to sit there for half a minute every time I die.

(Yeah, I know, I could just die less.)

What are you talking about? It's always been 10 seconds to respawn.

sleepykyo

That reminds me. I hate the enrage mode, I get theory behind it of punishing people for taking too long. But all it really does is slow the game down. When it takes 10 minutes to kill an elite pack for 2 lvl 51 blues, why wouldn't players choose to break pots or farm trolls instead?

Zzoram

They nerfed the increase in damage due to more players but everything still hits like a truck until 1.03

With the co-op monster damage scaling change, I think they should hold off reducing Inferno monster damage and see if this encourages more co-op Inferno.

They can see you clicking the exact same pixels every time, with an accuracy no human could achieve.

Link to video and we can give you a better idea of what its doing and how detectable itd be.

Well the script clicks a random location within the boundaries you set to mimic randomness, of course the speed is still higher than a human could ever achieve. So its noticeable no matter what in that regard.

And I guess that Warden thing looks at external programs outside of D3 which is why I havent used it yet.

If I heard enough people say theyve used it for awhile and are fine I would be more inclined to use it.

Its stupid we cant make kits up and just load them up, give us one of those town portal, ressurection loading bars while switching if you want, but the clicking and clicking...its just annoying.

Woo-Fu

Banned
With the co-op monster damage scaling change, I think they should hold off reducing Inferno monster damage and see if this encourages more co-op Inferno.

They didn't say anything about nerfing damage. They said they're going to remove the spikes, which should allow your usual mitigation/regen/etc. to be useful instead of useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom