• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be working through Hell in a bit later today if anyone wants to join me. I think I last left off right after the Skeleton King.

I feel so behind compared to you people who've been in Inferno for weeks ;_;

Astery

From the official Forums:

Lost 231 hours due to a major bug

I actually watched the video in 720p a few times, this guy has a legit case here of the game actually bugging out and fucking him over. He gets his 231 hour Mage killed in Inferno by invisible dune stingers from wasps in Act II. I have said it before, but anyone playing Hardcore is clinically certifiable.

I actually get this alot. I'm running a pure dex DH so I definately notice it. (Low hp and can get killed easily with afew hits, so I'm always careful) Blizzard have to investigate and fix this shit.

thespot84

+str, +int, +vit, +arcane resist are useful for monks, right?

STR and INT aren't very useful compared to dex, which gives you dmg and dodge. Focus on dex and vit.

What level are you? at sixty you can use the passive that makes all your resists equal your highest one, so just focus solely on one resist.

STR and INT aren't very useful compared to dex, which gives you dmg and dodge. Focus on dex and vit.

What level are you? at sixty you can use the passive that makes all your resists equal your highest one, so just focus solely on one resist.

This is for AH purposes

Is Str and Int useful for anyone?

railGUN

Banned
I just hit Inferno on my DH last night - kind of limping along with underpowered gear. I plan on doing a lot of AH hunting to better gear up, here's my question:

What kind of stats should I be most interested in / looking for, for my DH. Is "resist all elements" an important stat? Are my most important stats attack speed, dex and vit?

Sanic

I know this is a new blizzard game and I feel ridiculous for even asking this, but is there anywhere in the US where I can buy this for less than $60? A quick search suggests no, but I just want to make sure.

Zampano

Just discovered the joy that is 58% dodge for my monk. Previously overwhelming mobs now explode and shatter before my onslaught meaning I don't have to heal nearly as often. Amazing.

Any tips for the
Diablo
fight on a Demon Hunter? I've been trying it for days here and there and I just die during Phase 2. It's frustratingly retarded.

Ingeniero

I reached inferno with my barb.
I want to make an alt, any suggestion on class? no melee, I want a new experience on the game and a powerful hero.

Thanks!

Anustart

For act 2 and on, is it reasonable to get through with a mojo in my offhand, or should I be looking into a good shield for the extra block and armor? I hate to give up damage, but I would if it's necessary.

spirity

Playing through that felt great. I never got the feeling like I do in like Act 3 or sometimes Act II where I'm like "Fuck, another randomized area with this same theme and layout...."

Act 1 is the best Act IMO. So much more polished than the rest, its a shame that I won't be able to do my end game farming in it because its the first Act of the game.

Yeah, on multiple difficulties and multiple characters, I've never grew tired of Act 1. Lots of variety and the outdoor areas dropped in at the right time to break up all the dungeon crawling. Its clear Act 1 it got the most development time.

Ingeniero

Sad, but true. It takes so much more gear to get my monk even close to the level of my friend's DH.

I was thinking of Demon Hunter, I have read nasty things and epic DPS about this class....
My barb is 9K DPS, 14K with battle rage, 33K Berserker. I only have a 700DPS weapon though...

solidstatement

Neo Member
Quick update on my Dead Man's from last night. This just goes to show how incredibly insane the D3 economy is right now.

I put it up for sale for 5 million and it sold almost instantly. Makes me wonder if I should have gone higher...

A milli, a milli, a milli...

man, look at your balance pre-sale! congrats. peanut gallery appraisals are always way off the mark - much better to test the waters with overvalued buyouts + a bit of patience.

man, look at your balance pre-sale! congrats. peanut gallery appraisals are always way off the mark - much better to test the waters with overvalued buyouts + a bit of patience.

I'm convinced that some people have too much money. Someone dropping 5 mil could have easily gotten something better than the best rolled Dead Man's Legacy. I'm sure they won't even use it

Maybe I've just lost touch with how things are valuated

goldensun

The winner of the giveaway is...

Ball3r
image.php

Congratulations sir! You will be receiving your prize very soon :)

As for everyone else, THANK YOU for participating and sending me a PM.

There were a total of 286 entries received, and everyone was each assigned a number. The selection was entirely random thanks to the wonders of http://www.random.org/!

I will indefinitely be holding another raffle a few weeks from now. Once again, thanks to all of Diablo-GAF that participated! :D

Volodja

Elite Wasps are the bane of my Monk's existence.
I have stopped having big problems with them normally. I mean, yes, their behaviour is insanely annoying, but I just need to get out of the way and approach tem so that Thunderclap doesn't land me right on their shots.
However nearly every elite combo makes them an instant skip for me, they are just as annoying but take much longer to kill and sometimes the effects have the result of making them insanity to get a hold of.
I mean, Illusionist Molten Plagued Knockback Wasps?
Knockback is okay, it's not like I can take many hits from them anyway so my plan is to not get touched and considering the rest of the Affixes the knockback sometimes is even welcome, but Molten makes chasing them pure pain, Plagued means that staying on them when I reach them is potentially really risky and Illusion just adds to the torture of having to kill them one by one while they flee all over.
In 2 seconds the entirety of the level is coverd in fire, green goo and wasps.
Good lord.

Cagey

Banned

This x100. Most forum evals come from purportedly level-headed objective people, but in reality, it's people with no sense of what items are truly worth. Lowballing everywhere + criticism of items that are of the "2/10 would not bang" variety.

You'll see 10m gloves get lowballed at 2m because "the crit chance is too low".

Thanks! I was positively, 100% broke in D3 prior to that sale. Spent what little I made while leveling just getting my monk survivable in inferno Act 1. Hoping to now get him to where he can handle Act 2.

Quick question: cost all being the same, am I better off getting a 1,045ish damage blue or a 940ish damage rare that has some dexterity plus 200+ life on hit? I'm leaning towards the latter. I do have 230 LOH already on my amulet, but more seems like it would help a ton.

zlatko

Banned
I still wish the AH did the same comparison you get in game for +/- with green red numbers.

It makes shopping harder when so much can go into + damage. Like a ring that has +3-6 damage ALONE, is shittier for + damage than a 60 dex ring. Start throwing in shit like +attack speed and idk how to do comparisons on my own. :/

oneHeero

I picked up a good item then swapped it to see my stats. I must have accidently right clicked at a vendor and sold my other weapon. When I went to the AH to sell the other weapon I realized I fucked up. I couldn't buy it back. I probaby got 1500 for a 500k weapon lol :(
maybe im stupid but can't you buyback items you sold to a vendor from a the same vendor? I've done it.

mackaveli

Do set items drop in this game or can you only craft them?

Do set and unique items drop more frequently in Inferno?

I just want to collect uniques and set items but it seems impossible to find?

Kenaras

Sad, but true. It takes so much more gear to get my monk even close to the level of my friend's DH.

My Demon Hunter hit 60 yesterday, and I wanted to see how far I could get before I hit the Auction House. I stole the 700 DPS bow from my Monk's Scoundrel, but other than that I just ran with whatever random drops I'd found. Got lucky and found a +10 Discipline Cloak and Quiver while working through Act II, which made everything easy afterwards. Cleared up to Belial without much issue, and didn't need to skip any champion packs.

Meanwhile, my Monk spent a week or two doing Butcher runs and camping the Auction House, and still had a far more difficult time making it through Act II. I had to skip a huge number of champion packs, and the packs I could kill would generally enrage just before I killed them. Today I'll steal some of my Monk's gear and buy a cheap bow, which should get me past Belial. (I could probably do it with the gear I have, but the snakes at the beginning are a huge pain when you don't have enough DPS.)

I'm not really annoyed, though. The Monk's experience feels pretty much like what Blizzard promised Inferno would be. The problem is that ranged classes completely bypass the vast majority of the difficulty barriers Blizzard put in place. It's one thing to struggle along with everyone else; it's quite another to struggle while watching other classes just breeze on through.

zou

lol, hilarious thread over at battle.net: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5738085527

Some guy suggests nerfing "+all resist" (might be trolling, who knows) after IAS.

Let's go ahead and nerf Damage, too. An awful lot of people seem to be going after that and even stacking it over Pickup Radius and Life on Kill.

Nerf dex/str/int as well. Too many people stacking these, Blizzard. We need to diversify stat choices.

D:

MrDaravon

Got super lucky and scored this the second it went up on the AH for a 30k buyout:

Of1N7.png

Except for losing some Str it's a complete upgrade to my current shoulders with way higher resists which is great. Considering I'm pretty broke this makes me pretty happy :D

linsivvi

From the official Forums:

Lost 231 hours due to a major bug

I actually watched the video in 720p a few times, this guy has a legit case here of the game actually bugging out and fucking him over. He gets his 231 hour Mage killed in Inferno by invisible dune stingers from wasps in Act II. I have said it before, but anyone playing Hardcore is clinically certifiable.

I don't think it's a bug. Rather it's a flaw due to how the game is designed. What happened was that because of lag, what the player sees on the screen is not the same as what's being recognized on the server.

Like Astery said, I get this a lot as a DH too. I see projectiles coming my way and I immediately press the key for smoke screen, only to have my character die anyway because by the time I see the projectiles they've already hit me on the server side, or my input didn't reach the server in time.

This kind of shit would have never happened if Diablo 3 was like 99.9% of the games out there, but I digress. :p

I don't think it's a bug. Rather it's a flaw due to how the game is designed. What happened was that because of lag, what the player sees on the screen is not the same as what's being recognized on the server.

Like Astery said, I get this a lot as a DH too. I see projectiles coming my way and I immediately press the key for smoke screen, only to have my character die anyway because by the time I see the projectiles they've already hit me on the server side, or my input didn't reach the server in time.

This kind of shit would have never happened if Diablo 3 was like 99.9% of the games out there, but I digress. :p

Most games have latency adjustments built in so that its rare to impossible to have a situation like this even in the presence of latency. The exception would be a very large lag spike in an otherwise fine connection..

Given that his latency bar looks fine in the video, this looks like a legitimate client/server desync

Tom Penny

maybe im stupid but can't you buyback items you sold to a vendor from a the same vendor? I've done it.

Not if you leave and go to AH. Luckily I only had to spend 250K on a an almost 900 DPS sword that also had 20% increased attack speed :) I'm at over 2 hit per second now. Not that it helps in Act II. Were art thou 1.03 patch.

Most games have latency adjustments built in so that its rare to impossible to have a situation like this even in the presence of latency. The exception would be a very large lag spike in an otherwise fine connection..

Given that his latency bar looks fine in the video, this looks like a legitimate client/server desync

That latency bar is complete bs. Rubber banding and and warping, it's the lag spikes that get you. On the east coast you can definitely tell they are averaging ping and throwing out the high end outliers to boot :p. I'm not sure if I'm kidding...

That latency bar is complete bs. Rubber banding and and warping, it's the lag spikes that get you. On the east coast you can definitely tell they are averaging ping and throwing out the high end outliers to boot :p. I'm not sure if I'm kidding...

Outliers are called outliers for a reason. Having done similar work on latency adjustment and synchronization in an online game, i can tell you that we found average to result in the best experience. Its not that theyre throwing away the outliers, its that outliers dont have a noticeable effect on the average

Caerith

Sometimes I farm vases in the gardens of hope and some asshole drops down on me. I freeze them and run away, then explode ten feet away while they're still frozen because oh hey I guess I got hit.

Yeah I don't think I'll be running hardcore anytime ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom