• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

You can just buy them for 1 gold from the vendor near your followers in Act 3/4...
I've seen this mentioned, but I never saw them there (obviously they're there after you have the initial drop for the harder difficulties). It only took me about five runs anyway (though I think I got lucky overall with the mats for the staff).

Rufus

Once you have them, you can buy the plans. Including those for other difficulties. You can't buy them before they've dropped for you.

I fucking hate the way the AH works with bidding.
Bidding is going to be useless soon, anyway. (Well, it is already, but it's going to be official soon.)

Danj

What's a good demon hunter build at 35 in nightmare?

I have 1021 dps, 4876 hp.

Not gonna spend money twinking.

Thanks yo

Holy crap how do you have 1021 dps at that level? Is it a demon hunter thing? I'm a level 40 Wizard on Nightmare and have only 571.41 dps.

Can someone give me a few hints on Gold Farming.

Got myself like a million last night but it took me 3-4 hours. Pretty sure thats way too long from the average.

I have a GF suit thats only like 3-4 points off the max possible GF bonus. I have a 19% diamond in my helm which I want to get a better diamond. Damn jewels are expensive though.

Artanisix

Got myself like a million last night but it took me 3-4 hours. Pretty sure thats way too long from the average.

I have a GF suit thats only like 3-4 points off the max possible GF bonus. I have a 19% diamond in my helm which I want to get a better diamond. Damn jewels are expensive though.

Depends on what class you're using and what place you're farming.

So, what class are you using and what place are you farming?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Just saw this in the background of an episode of Community:

whimsey_community.png

I want to rub those clouds for loot.

purg3

slept with Malkin
started soloing act 2 inferno with my DH today, this shit really is no joke. Holy fuck at the difficulty spike from Act 1. People really weren't exaggerating. Just got ZK's head, but I might hold off until the balance patch lol, starting to get a bit frustrating.

Cipherr

What do you mean? The RMAH?

I believe you will soon be able to cancel any auction you want, regardless of how long it has been up. You can already do it by messing with your PC time, but it will be legitimately in the game soon. So bidding on something nice as its close to expiration might be pointless if the seller just ups and decides to cancel it since it didnt get as high a bid as he or she liked.

I believe you will soon be able to cancel any auction you want, regardless of how long it has been up. You can already do it by messing with your PC time, but it will be legitimately in the game soon. So bidding on something nice as its close to expiration might be pointless if the seller just ups and decides to cancel it since it didnt get as high a bid as he or she liked.

I think the actual implementation would disallow the person to cancel their auctions when somebody has already bid on them. The glitched version right now just lets you cancel regardless.

Depends on what class you're using and what place you're farming.

So, what class are you using and what place are you farming?

DH running through all of Act I Hell because I'm squishy (with my GF stuff on). I need better GF equipment but right now I have to do this to work up to the other Acts.

You can see I have no clue what I'm doing ha.

Leckan

So the seller can cancel even if there are bids? Sounds stupid to me. Items with no bids I could understand though.

It makes the bidding part irrelevant indeed if so.

redhot_

Question.. My friends account just got frozen by blizzard apparently. what are the chances of having them give it back if she submits a ticket? or how does all that work in general?

hitsugi

that's really not bad in 3-4 hours... how fast are people doing this?! D:

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Leveling DH as Im bored with farming Inferno as Barbarian atm. God damn game is so much easier (easier than easy!) when you AH for gear at low levels :p

Oh this bow has a socket? boom 150 more dps when I only had like 400 before :eek:

GJS

Finished Act 2 today, playing with a barbarian on the team is great.

The barb armour and resist buff puts my monk up to 7k armour and 700 resist when combined with MoE spamming. Nothing was killing me except arcane, fire chains, and molten, which is all due to fucking up and not avoiding/separating the packs.

Won

Any tips for the
Diablo
fight on a Demon Hunter? I've been trying it for days here and there and I just die during Phase 2. It's frustratingly retarded.

I don't think there is much you can do besides getting lucky. I haven't bothered with it too much though.

One of the huge bright spots of this game are the treasure goblins. They're like a siren's song that leads you straight to your doom every fucking time on inferno. Go ahead and try to clear around the goblin first, it doesn't matter. The troll-sure goblin will find some mobs.

Loofy

I got an odd problem. Im not sure if it came from the recent catalyst update or the game update. I got them both around the same time.

Im getting these ultra low res textures/images. It happens on the loading screen, sacrificial dagger and mojo images, and some in game ground textures. Checked my settings again and everythings on high except lighting.

Opiate

Where are you farming? Im assuming with that much gold find youre actually at relatively low dps, which can be a problem. Let's say you have twice as much goldfind as I do -- if I can kill mobs 3x as fast, then Im still doing better than you.

The ones that can just grab you and bring you over to them, thats bullshit just as much as Invulernable.

Its like instant death for DH's usually.

Where are you farming? Im assuming with that much gold find youre actually at relatively low dps, which can be a problem. Let's say you have twice as much goldfind as I do -- if I can kill mobs 3x as fast, then Im still doing better than you.

~15K buffs to 20K with SS. Farming Act I Hell right now because so squishy. Most of my pieces have GF, and Dex. I need to get them with Vit but I didn't have the gold. I'm just starting.

mileS

Holy crap how do you have 1021 dps at that level? Is it a demon hunter thing? I'm a level 40 Wizard on Nightmare and have only 571.41 dps.

My demon hunter was at 1100 dps before finishing normal, my witch doctor is at 1009 and I just started act 3 normal (lmao) 70% of that was from gear I found on my main and the rest was good AH deals. Not trying to brag at all, I just got lucky with drops, put good gems in and check the AH for good deals. It's really kind of silly to break the game like that when its only normal but I enjoy it lol.

Jokab

Any tips for the
Diablo
fight on a Demon Hunter? I've been trying it for days here and there and I just die during Phase 2. It's frustratingly retarded.

Best advice I can give you is as soon as your illusions come (I assume they're the ones you're having trouble with), pop smoke screen (with lingering fog if you have that rune) and then spam them full with impales and pray that you get crits. If you can't burst down your illusions in one or two smokescreens you'll need better gear probably, I remember getting oneshotted by them on nightmare, dunno what difficulty you are on. If you're having trouble with the actual boss, I'm not sure what advice to give you except keep trucking on. If I remember correctly you can avoid every single attack he throws at you, and you'll always have smoke screen if things go badly (get tactical advantage as passive!!!).

Opiate

The ones that can just grab you and bring you over to them, thats bullshit just as much as Invulernable.

Its like instant death for DH's usually.

~15K buffs to 20K with SS. Farming Act I Hell right now because so squishy. Most of my pieces have GF, and Dex. I need to get them with Vit but I didn't have the gold. I'm just starting.

I might recommend easier content that you can farm faster. Base gold drops will be lower, but less deaths/faster killing would be a good choice. Try act III nightmare.

Vodh

Would anyone care to kill Azmodan on Inferno for me? I'm geared enough for act 1 but not much more, looking to get the quest for future use, willing to pay (if it's within my budget), EU, Vodh#2936

One of the huge bright spots of this game are the treasure goblins. They're like a siren's song that leads you straight to your doom every fucking time on inferno. Go ahead and try to clear around the goblin first, it doesn't matter. The troll-sure goblin will find some mobs.

Treasure goblins are definitely one of their better ideas

oneils

I only ever played about 20 hours of Diablo II. One thing that confused the heck out of me was the ladder and it being reset a few times a year.

After about 120 hours into the Diablo III, I kind of see the appeal. Opting into a ladder would be pretty fun. I can't really see playing this game for, say, 500 more hours without something to make it interesting.

I only ever played about 20 hours of Diablo II. One thing that confused the heck out of me was the ladder and it being reset a few times a year.

After about 120 hours into the Diablo III, I kind of see the appeal. Opting into a ladder would be pretty fun. I can't really see playing this game for, say, 500 more hours without something to make it interesting.

An idea I've heard that would be amazing is a ladder based around special challenges, outside of the normal game. But think like WoW raid style encounters, you go into a challenge and it's just a single boss fight, or maybe an onslaught of enemies, or whatever. Mix it up a bit. They can get harder and harder as you progress, and beating one unlocks the next. By the time you get to the hardest one, it can be WAY harder than the hardest encounter currently in the main game, giving you a reason to continuously strengthen your character after you beat the game on inferno.

RivalCore

The auction cancelling exploit is getting shitty.

I had two pretty amazing rings ending in the next hour at a reasonable price both cancelled. I know it's coming eventually, but I still prefer the idea that once it goes up, its stuck there still it ends.

Meh.

neoism

diablo bug has hit me... as soon as I quit I want to play again...... lol I've quit and started up again 5 times. I should just leave it on tab. ... almost on hell act 2 not sooo bad for my 4440.0dps monk.... level 55

Petrie

Banned
Question.. My friends account just got frozen by blizzard apparently. what are the chances of having them give it back if she submits a ticket? or how does all that work in general?

Your "friends" account. Uh huh.

Unlikely. They typically make sure they are VERY sure of the infraction before taking action.

LordCanti

I had two pretty amazing rings ending in the next hour at a reasonable price both cancelled. I know it's coming eventually, but I still prefer the idea that once it goes up, its stuck there still it ends.

Meh.

I've lost andy's for cheap, and Beckon Sails. I feel your pain.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Meh.

No way will they allow you to cancel auctions that have bids.

BigDug13

Can someone please explain the final clone fight to me? So throughout the game, you don't get more enemies when you team, the enemies are just tougher. At Hell level they gain 100% hps per additional player.

But then the clones appear and instead of the usual 1 clone with now 400% hps dealing 130ish% damage, you're faced with 4 clones each with 400% hps dealing 130ish% damage.

So essentially you are penalized during that final fight with 16x difficulty increase by having a full team, do I have that right?

Every group I was in would instantly wipe as soon as the clones appeared. I had to beat him solo to move on.

sleepykyo

Act I is by far the best, Act II is ok as well, Act III is some brown repetitive boring shit and Act IV is..horrible. :(

Act 3 has that action epic thing starting from defending the wall to the frost fields to the brown area.

Act 2 was desert, sewer, desert, sewer, desert, ruins, desert ruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom